Notices

Old 12-14-2019, 03:52 PM
Greatest Canadian Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 201
rowsdower44 rowsdower44 rowsdower44
Hi All!

Hello! I'm rowsdower44 and looking forward to getting back into pbp gaming. The last time I did pbp was at least 10 years ago. I'm looking to get back to it in order to work on my writing skills and to get my DnD fix. I'm excited to get started here!
Old 12-14-2019, 03:59 PM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 61022
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Welcome!

glad you returned to the gaming world! Love to have folks with a desire to write better.

Happy gaming!
Old 12-14-2019, 04:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24761
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

First thing is first, is there in fact beer on the sun? I've heard you're the man to ask

Don't worry about being out of practice, that's what the new player solo game is for! You'll select your system and be assigned your own private GM Mentor who'll show you the ropes and run your first adventure with you. I can't recommend them to you highly enough!

Any good stories to share from your previous time gaming? Newbies always have the best stories!

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
Old 12-14-2019, 06:18 PM
Γόρδιοι δεσμόι

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1034
Gordo Gordo Gordo Gordo Gordo Gordo Gordo Gordo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowsdower44 View Post
Hello! I'm rowsdower44 and looking forward to getting back into pbp gaming. The last time I did pbp was at least 10 years ago. I'm looking to get back to it in order to work on my writing skills and to get my DnD fix. I'm excited to get started here!
Welcome to RPG Crossing.

Ten years ago, you say? Did you play 4e or 3.5 (or Pathfinder)? Have you had a chance to check out 5e yet?
Old 12-14-2019, 08:40 PM
Greatest Canadian Hero

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imveros View Post
Any good stories to share from your previous time gaming? Newbies always have the best stories!
This one time, I was playing the Star Wars Tabletop RPG that Wizards made. Our group was a bunch of smugglers carting around contraband across the galaxy.

Our DM wanted to incorporate some space battles but we kept winning them without any contest. So, our Gamorrean hired muscle NPC installed a coffee maker on the ship to keep himself awake while he watched us operate the vessel during combat. The problem was that the coffee maker sucked all the power from the ship, causing our engines to shut down, and making us an easier target during drawn-out battles. We couldn't reason with the Gamorrean and none of us wanted to get on his bad side anyway.

It made space combat more exciting and made it a challenge.

Also, if you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.
Old 12-14-2019, 08:41 PM
Greatest Canadian Hero

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo View Post
Welcome to RPG Crossing.

Ten years ago, you say? Did you play 4e or 3.5 (or Pathfinder)? Have you had a chance to check out 5e yet?
I did 3.5 pbp back then. I've played 4e but wasn't a fan. I'm currently in a 5e campaign IRL and I'm enjoying it. I'm a big fan of Pathfinder and will more than likely look for that here.
Old 12-14-2019, 10:40 PM
Γόρδιοι δεσμόι

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1034
Gordo Gordo Gordo Gordo Gordo Gordo Gordo Gordo
Excellent. My "geezers" tabletop group went from AD&D to 3.0 back to AD&D and then to 5e. Old dogs, new tricks, I suppose. Have you tried the second edition of Pathfinder?
Old 12-15-2019, 06:22 AM
Greatest Canadian Hero

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo View Post
Have you tried the second edition of Pathfinder?
Not yet. I was so satisfied with the first edition that I haven't bothered with the second. I might dabble in it as time goes on.
Old 12-16-2019, 04:05 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21911
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning rowsdower44,

Welcome over here and cool to read that you are excited to get started. Have you been cruising the site yet and found some interesting games you would like to create an application for or do you want to start with a New Player Solo Game? And if I may be so forward, how did you come up with your very unique username? (always intrigued if I am not able to understand where a username comes from ;-)

If you have questions please reach out and for now, happy gaming
Old 12-16-2019, 05:38 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26395
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
Welcome rowsdower44! Have fun exploring RPG Crossing!

Confession: I haven't tried Pathfinder 2e either.
Old 12-16-2019, 09:01 PM
Greatest Canadian Hero

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocoladevla View Post
Goodmorning rowsdower44,

Welcome over here and cool to read that you are excited to get started. Have you been cruising the site yet and found some interesting games you would like to create an application for or do you want to start with a New Player Solo Game?
I have! I've put in a request for a solo game. I am excited to get started!

Quote:
And if I may be so forward, how did you come up with your very unique username?
It's from an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 from back in the 90's. In one of the movies they were spoffing, there was a character named Zap Rowsdower. Rowsdower is a freeloading Canadian who drinks heavily and fights cultists. A true hero.
Old 12-17-2019, 01:34 PM
Electrum DM 2019

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11404
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Hey, there, rowsdower44! I was wondering what the heck Imveros was getting at with the beer on the sun thing. But all has been revealed now. And, being reminded of MST3K, I might have to go back and watch some of those episodes! There's a reboot, isn't there?

Good to have you back to PbP. I'll look forward to seeing you about the site!

Now Recruiting: The Fickle Tendrils of Fate