Old 03-19-2020, 02:49 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5
Lythari
A Dying Torch

A Dying Torch

The town of Torch has long enjoyed a singular claim to prosperity, a violet flame that burns atop Black Hill in the heart of the town. This flame burns incredibly hot, and while it’s usually the size of a bonfire, several times a year the fires spew up into the heavens in a brilliant beam of purple violence. These eruptions are presaged by about an hour of soft rumbling, giving nearby smiths a chance to retreat before the fires can consume them. At all other times, the violet energies allow for the smelting of all manner of skymetal. Torch is one of the only locations where skymetal can be worked with relative ease outside of Starfall, and its entire economy has risen around these purple flames, with traveling smiths coming from across Avistan to pay for the opportunity to work with them. Of course, Torch needs all the visiting trade and coin it can gather, for while the town’s distance from Starfall makes it inconvenient for the Technic League to maintain a permanent presence here, the taxes and tariffs it charges the Numerian town on a monthly basis are significant. The town prospers, but the bulk of its income does not belong to it.

Which is why, when the fires atop the hill suddenly go out, the town is in trouble.

What is this?
This is the first adventure of the first book for the Iron Gods official adventure path.

Character CreationI would recommend that you download (it's free) and review the player's guide before working on your character. I would also make sure to read the "other" section at the bottom of this field.

Level: 1

Health: Max at first. For each subsequent level you roll for health, but may take half if it's better.

Ability Scores: 25 point-buy

Race: Core, Featured, and Uncommon are available. Gnoll, Lizardfolk, Monkey Goblin, Skinwalker, Android, and Ghoran are also available. Kobolds can use these stats instead.

Class: All official Paizo classes, using unchained versions where available. We can make "chained" archetypes fit the unchained versions. The Legendary classes from Legendary Games are approved, and encouraged over their normal versions.

Archetypes: One per class please, except in cases like the spell-less ranger.

Traits: One campaign trait specific to this adventure and one other trait that is not of the campaign category.

Other: Firearms are at the Emerging level.
Background skills are in effect.
"Elephant in the Room" feat changes.
Rogues may select one weapon at first level to apply Dex to damage per Finesse Training since they already have Weapon Finesse.
Everyone gets one additional feat at first level to pick up the Technologist feat from the player's guide. If your character is going to be "anti-technology", such as a Kellid Barbarian, then you may take a non-combat feat of your choice instead.

ApplicationsFormat it however you want but include:
Name:
Class: Include archetype.
Deity:
Alignment:
Appearance: Physical description. An image would also be nice. I have a better time keeping players separate if I have an image to associate them with. It may also become necessary if I decide to use maps.
Backstory: Why are you in Torch? You should be present prior to the flame going out. Utilize your campaign trait information to help you if need be.

InfoI will probably be posting about two to three times per week. I know this format is slow but I don't want to rush. You can post more or less often than that, I won't really require a specific posting rate but I ask that you keep up with the other players, I don't want one person holding up the story.

I'm not really sure on a date right now with what's going on in real life. Nothing has really changed for me, still working normal shifts, but I know for a lot of people are in a different situation. I will try to shoot for around two weeks but may bump it one way or the other as needed.

PS - I'm probably missing something so I will update this first post as needed.

Last edited by Lythari; 04-03-2020 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:30 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 321
DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore
Posting Interest
Old 03-20-2020, 03:51 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 154
PsychicNomad PsychicNomad
right-aligned image
WiP

> protocol balance.maintain.priority.00 ... initiated
> protocol life.sentient.preserve.priority.01 ... initiated
> protocol creator.discover.priority.01 ... initiated
> protocol motivation.creator.discover.priority.01 ... initiated
> protocol humor.sarcastic.priority.02 ... initiated
> protocol behavior.sentient.discover.priority.02 ... initiated

> module summoner.unchained ... loaded
> module summoner.eidolon.avian ... loaded

> function.check.system.all started ... result.errors.0
> unit activated
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cyborg-arcane-caster-244x400.png
Views:	312
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	83498  

Last edited by PsychicNomad; 03-20-2020 at 03:57 AM.
Old 03-20-2020, 03:53 AM
Owlbear Oracle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 361
OtherwiseApple OtherwiseApple OtherwiseApple OtherwiseApple
Application
left-aligned image

Name: Meilin Povol
Race: Human
Class: Oracle
Mystery Heavens
Deity: Desna
Alignment: Neutral Good

Appearance: Meilin is barely a wisp of a girl; small and scrawny from a childhood of going underfed.

✰ ✰ ✰

Backstory: Why are you in Torch? You should be present prior to the flame going out. Utilize your campaign trait information to help you if need be.

Last edited by OtherwiseApple; 03-25-2020 at 03:59 PM.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:25 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 835
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Argyle
Race: Android
Class: Alchemist (Mindchemist)
Deity: Brigh, the goddess of clockwork, invention and time.
Alignment: Neutral

Appearance: While an android, Argyle has some practice at disguising himself as human -- both by practiced skill, and if necessary by alchemic infusion. Simply staying alive in this harsh world is a bad business, and compromises must be made. As prejudice toward his kind is substantial, he tries to pass as human as continually and consistently as possible. Unfortunately, his interactions are stiff, coldly logical, and without empathy -- so that while he can appear quite human, his manners can betray his true nature. When under the stress of combat, linear glowing patterns of circuitry can show through his skin, and glow dimly in the dark. His eyes are grey, his hair wispy and thin. He is prone to stare expressionlessly and overlong.

He appears as a man of indeterminate age, pale and pasty-whote, lightly armored, carrying gadgetry and alchemical vials in bandoliers. His weapons are light crossbow, longspear, and dagger.

Backstory: Argyle was apprenticed to, and mentored by, Khonnir Bane. He came to Torch seeking to develop skills and knowledge, and was satisfied that he was making progress establishing himself as scholar and applied alchemist. This disappearance fills him with cognitive dissonance. It was illogical for his mentor to risk himself so. The master’s disappearance is a defect, an error. It must be corrected. A suitable band of talented individuals ought to mitigate this fault in the sequence of the world’s events. While dangerous, it is rational and proper that this occur; and the process might surface both useful knowledge and raw materials suitable for craftwork. He regards his new companions with a dispassionate eye. They may be suitable. He scans for a potential clear leader to attach himself to -- for he accepts that forms of subservient collaboration afford efficient means of self-advancement.

Personality: Brilliantly analytical, and relentlessly curious and logical, Argyle is on a mission of discovery, seeking knowledge of the arcane, nature, mechanisms, and how these things can be hybridized and synergized through mechanical and alchemical crafts. He acts often as if blind to race, gender, age, or an individual’s circumstance. The world of things engages him much more than the world of people.

He understands his role not as a leader, but as an adjunct and advisor to others. His place is to bend logic, analysis, discoveries and crafts into products and services. He lacks allegiance toward any particular alignment or faction, yet he has learned a rational and cold fear of prejudiced humans and of the Technic League because of the harm they have done to his kind. He has looked on, concealing his nature, as brother and sister androids once were burned upon a pyre. Another time, he saw his fabricator, the closest he has to an android parent, dragged into slavery by raiders subservient to the Technic League.

Last, in one of the few acts of evil he has ever consciously conducted: when drunken ruffians on a pogrom had accused him of being an android -- he to successfully persuade them that he was human. Responding to a taunting accusation, he seized and ran a pitchfork through a hapless android acquaintance, a peer who had already been discovered. And so, he himself survived. Though it was a rational act of self-preservation, that one dark act haunts his conscience. He has since joined the worship of Brigh, and seeks to do what he can to atone for this secret sin upon his soul.

He despises combat; he is not violent by nature. However, when risk arises it is rational to kill the enemy as fast as possible. For that, he finds that high explosives work best, and he employs them as he must, with neither warning nor pity.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Argyle.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	83503  

Last edited by CatCanCook; 03-20-2020 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-21-2020, 07:20 AM
Greatest Canadian Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 201
rowsdower44 rowsdower44 rowsdower44
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Mayra Galmythe
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Rogue (Liberator)
Deity: Erastil
Alignment: Neutral

Appearance: Her light blue eyes glisten as a reminder of her Elven heritage, though, the rest of her features would make you mistake her for a human from a distance. She prefers to keep her ears hidden under her cowl to take advantage of this benefit. She stands at average height and shrouds herself in a dark cloak.

Backstory: Living in the capital showed Mayra the technological secrets that the Technic League had to offer. But it was the malice that shone the brightest for her. The Black Sovereign was to unite all of Numeria, not to enslave it! Her parents were ignorant to the league's greed and the Black Sovereign's cruelty, choosing to ignore the malevolence in favor of their cushy court jobs. Even more so did they ignore the Technic League's involvement in city affairs. Hopeless and distressed from her leader's and family's behaviors, she fled Starfall.

After weeks of wandering, Mayra settled in Torch. Though they were still within the very reaches of those Mayra was escaping, the settlement was autonomous as long as they continued to pay tribute to the Technic League. She enjoyed the self-sufficiency of the natives. But what convinced her to stay was the bright purple flame that was unique to the city.

Mayra believed that this flame and the natives ability to use it was the town's protection from the capital's ire. Without it, she felt that they would end up just like Starfall, oppressed and maltreated. Mayra helped the town any way she could: assisting the smiths, patrolling the outskirts, anything to keep the town going. Whenever the Technic League visited, she would lay low and monitor them from a distance. When there was an opportunity, she would steal from them; taking a few tools from their cart when they weren't looking, or a coin purse when they had too much to drink at the town tavern. Although her actions may have been small and effortless, she didn't want to endanger the citizens of Torch, though, personally, she wanted the Technic League to be dead and gone.

Unhappy with the city's ties to the Technic League, she hoped that one day they could break free from their grip and become an independent community.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:29 PM
Superior Sorcerer Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5975
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Character Application
Application Complete!

left-aligned image
Human Form

Name: Darastrix'Rasvem (Darai) J'skar
Race: Wyrmtouched (Green)
Class: Inquisitor of Lendys (Spellbreaker)
Alignment: CG
Physical Description: Darai is an alluring woman. A little on the tall side brushing up against 6 ft. but with flowing brown locks, an easy smile, warm chocolate eyes, and a nicely toned figure in the form-fitting leathers she wore. A rather humble color palate of browns and blues with splashes of silver for buttons or simple embroidery for a bit of flash. Perhaps, however, what was most off-putting was that this above-average woman carried a hefty two-handed sword on her back, and wore a suit of scale mail audible under her traveling cloak and clothing. Striding past she catches your eye and flashes a playful grin, fully aware of the looks she was getting, those golden eyes staring right into yours before turning away and continuing down the-

...Wait, gold?

Personality: Darai can come across as imposing upon first meeting, setting the weight of her stern gaze on one's brow and not letting up should the conversation go south. The greatsword is hardly for show though isn't always keen to draw it without a good reason to do so. Those that dig a little past her somewhat prickly exterior can find a surprising amount of empathy for those in need or dealing with trauma, even willing to share what knowledge she has of healing from her Father if possible. Such kindness can erupt into rage however, if it's trodden upon carelessly or if she witnesses the act that caused great harm in the first place. If her blade doesn't find you then her magicks certainly will. She seems to harbor a hate for users of the arcane in particular. Or at least those that flaunt or abuse such powers over those that don't have them. She's dangerous in a fight, sporting cutting wit in an argument, comfort during those dark times, and wants to find her own happiness in a world that left her parents comfortably rich, but took a part of their mind and soul in exchange.
left-aligned image
Green Dragon Form

Background:

Traits: Robot Slayer, Fate's Favored

Last edited by Tyeal; 04-03-2020 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:43 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1507
Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of Howling Winds of
Posting interest!
Old 03-24-2020, 04:40 PM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4653
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
^ Am want in!

Questions!

Do you allow Spheres of power? It's not instrumental to the plan, but it might helps the build I'm going for with archetypes and such, as well as (ofcourse) me liking spheres.

How do you feel about me playing a warpriest worshipping an ideal? Specifically I'd hoped to go for Oppertunism (seeing oppertunities, being optimistic about hazards, manipulating the enemy, etc. I've got more worked out, promise). I couldn't find much elaboration about worshipping an ideal rather than a god. Does it allow a favoured weapon? Do I get a holy symbol (though, for my purposes any holy symbol from any god would arguably work)? etc.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:46 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Lythari
I am not allowing spheres or the Dreamscarred Press material, I don't want to be adding system changes for this game in particular. I have a homebrew in the works that uses spheres quite a bit, I wanted to keep this pretty vanilla for the most part.

As far as worshiping an ideal, I believe you wouldn't have a favored weapon. This doesn't affect a warpriest much since they are proficient with all martial weapons anyway and any weapon that you have weapon focus for can be used for the Sacred Weapon ability. With the Martial Mastery feat changes you receive weapon focus for entire weapon groups instead of a single weapon. On the flip-side your options for blessings or domains is more broad than someone with a deity.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2996
Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik
Irqats Wyrm Singer

Name: Irqats Wyrm Singer
Race: Lizardfolk
Class: Skald(Wyrm Singer)
Deity: Gozreh
Alignment: Neutral Good
Appearance: Irqats is a black lizardfolk, who wears dark clothing and armour and weapon made from steel and iron, which is rare for a lizardfolk. He have many small scars and broken scales, which makes it clear for anyone that sees him, that he have lived the life of a warrior. He stands more upright, than most lizardfolk, which makes him seem tall and less dense than most lizardfolk, but in truth he is about the same height and weight as most males of his kind. His eyes are green, but they shine with a pale blue light when he uses his magical powers or the Wyrm Song.
Backstory: Irqats was hatched into the Poison Fang. A small lizadfolk tribe in the southern part of Numeria. From birth Irqats was marked for greatness, because his scales looked like pure silver. A clear sign from the gods. By tradition he was to learn the sacred Wyrm Song, the magical traditions and take his place among the tribes greatest shamans. The Poison Fang was a traditional tribe and so Irqats was taught the Wyrm songs and magical rituals from an early age, but it was not enough for him. He was not satified singing about the glory of dragons in ages past. Irqats wanted to create his own legend on the battlefield. Traditions did not forbid the Wyrm Singer fro learing the craft of war and Irqats became a mighty warrior. He would lead the tribe in raids on Boggards and other enemies of the tibe. The Wyrm Song would drive the tribes warrior to do great deeds in combat and many foes was defeated and much honour was gained.
Alas it would not continue. Irqats was a curious soul and always he looked for new ways to win his wars and beat his enemies. He was willin to bend traditions if it could assure him victory. For a long time the tribe members tried to ignore these acts against tradition, because they were minor and Irqats was honoured amongst his people.
Over time it became harder and harder for the tribe to ignore his acts though. Not only did they happen more and more, but the lack of consequences also emboldened Irqats to bend traditions more and more, until he outright broke them.
One day Irqats came into the village with many weapons made of iron. He had personally captured them from a group of traveling merchants and brought them home, so the warriors of the tribe would be better armed for their next raid. But this time Irqats had gone to far. Traditions strictly forbad iron weapons and the tribe could no longer turn a blind eye to Irqats acts against tradition. The warriors captured him and the shamas cursed him. With their magic they turned his silver scales black, before exiling him from the tribe. Instead of living in honour with his tribe, he would wander the wasteland as an exiled.
Irqats was forced to turn to his skills at arms to survive. Sometimes he would work as a mercenary, other times as a bodyguard, a monster hunter, a ruin searcher or treasure hunter. After a few years he found a new home or at least a base of opperation in the Torch. There were many travelers, merchants and smiths who paid well for protection, skymetal or other odd jobs.

Last edited by Frederik; 03-29-2020 at 03:21 AM.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:22 PM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4653
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Ah, now I'm a bit torn. I've been hyped to post my oppertunism warpriest on a game since quite a while. And there's a really good set of archetypes for the warpriest in spheres of power that I've been wanting to try out. I also tend to prefer homebrewn campaigns over adventure paths (seems more loose, you know). So, I think I'll withdraw (for now) and keep an eye out for your homebrew campaign. Sounds good?
Old 03-28-2020, 07:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 135
Vesper Vesper
Very interested, consider this my placeholder. Getting the Players Guide now.
Old 04-03-2020, 12:33 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Lythari
We are at the two week mark as of now. Only have four potentially completed applications. Was expecting a little more interest, perhaps I should have gone with a different AP. I will give it another week to see if we can get a few more interested players.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:05 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2996
Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik
I don’t think it is the AP that is the problem. It seems to me that most campaigns that starts at lvl 1 get relative few applications.