Game Thread Chapter I.I - The Basilisk Gate - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 02-08-2020, 05:24 PM
DaysUntold's Avatar
DaysUntold DaysUntold is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-30-2020
RPXP: 10384
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Posts: 1,989
Making New Friends
left-aligned image

The pirates eyes went wide as Sarillar gripped the leather of his jacket and dragged him close. He struggled, but even his strength wasn't enough to overcome the fighter who dragged him into the adjacent room. The room was small with a bed taking up a good third of it, forcing the pirate against the side wall and leaving no escape for him other than to squeeze past Sarillar or jump out the window, neither of which looked particularly appealing.

The man growled, baring his yellow-stained teeth and sending a terrible smell wafting towards the man who'd dragged him away from his companions.

"Do somethin', you worthless sh*ts!" he yelled to the other room.

The other pirates watched in horror as their leader was dragged away, stunned enough that their eyes left Tarina who pulled her crossbow from beneath the table.












 

 
__________________
"Beware of shadows bearing gifts..." - Ammanas
Gardens of the Moon, Malazan Book of the Fallen

Last edited by DaysUntold; 02-08-2020 at 05:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 02-09-2020, 09:34 AM
Silent Rain's Avatar
Silent Rain Silent Rain is offline
Neighborhood Mind Flayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-30-2020
RPXP: 5480
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Posts: 2,767
right-aligned image

Sarillar


Sarillar's jaw clenched as the smell coming from the pirate's mouth infiltrated his helmet. He had witnessed caged ghouls devouring a corpse in Thaymount. This was worse.

The pirate was immensely strong and even he had to acknowledge that he would not be able to keep him restrained for much longer. A different tactic was needed.

Sarillar slammed the pirate against the wall and stared into his dark eyes, allowing his mind to penetrate his. He began filling the pirate's mind with loud
Dice Dissonant Whispers damage:
3d6 4, 3, 2 Total = 9
discordant sounds, knowing they would cause him intense pain.

 

 

Last edited by Silent Rain; 02-09-2020 at 09:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 02-09-2020, 01:09 PM
In the Mix's Avatar
In the Mix In the Mix is offline
Chocolate Chips
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-30-2020
RPXP: 4322
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
Posts: 2,493


"That one." Bethani Casting Hunter's Mark on Pirate 7. For 1 minute (10 rounds, from what I've read) her weapons damage is 1d6 more to her target.says aloud, even as she raises her bow up. Taking steady aim, she
Dice Attack Pirate 7:
1d20+7 (5)+7 Total = 12
1d8+3 (4)+3 Total = 7
1d6 1
lets the arrow fly. In her attempt to not strike either the stranger sitting before her, nor Bethrynna, it was like threading a needle just to hit him, but her arrow struck true. Unfortunately, it was not as deadly as she had hoped.

{Hunter's Mark rounds: When my counter reaches 0/10, then its time is up.10/10}
 

 

 

 
__________________
Has taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by In the Mix; 02-09-2020 at 01:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 02-09-2020, 11:35 PM
The Rat Queen's Avatar
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen is offline
The Archfriend.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-30-2020
RPXP: 10119
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Posts: 4,247
Nap Time
right-aligned image
Bethrynna blinked as Bethani's arrow zipped past her with a low buzz, striking the pirate behind her. I suppose we're not worried about our cover any longer, she surmised, and began chanting, reaching within her robes to touch the crystal tied in a cord around her neck.

Her voice took on a steady lilting quality as she chanted, not unlike a lullaby, and her eyes half-closed in concentration as she mentally focused upon the space between the two closest pirates. As the last of the arcane power of the spell flowed from her, she opened her eyes and smiled, scooping up the cards. I hope we get to keep playing after the battle, she thought as she peeked around to see the effects of her spell. I think I'm getting the hang of it.

OOC
Actions & Rolls
 
Stat Block
 
Feats & Abilities
 
Equipment: Pouch, staff, small knife, book, robes, ink pen, bag of sand, parchment, backpack, spellbook, ink
__________________

Last edited by The Rat Queen; 02-13-2020 at 07:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 02-10-2020, 12:23 AM
Anea's Avatar
Anea Anea is offline
Dwarven Master-at-Arms
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-30-2020
RPXP: 2996
Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea
Posts: 2,267
The Grizzled Veteran
right-aligned image


Unferth sighed heavily as the Tarina's 'friends' arrived not too long after the contact decided to inform them of the extra cost of her cooperation. The dwarf snuffed and stripped the tip of his cigar while the man known as Dead-Eye went into a diatribe. So dramatic, just get to the fighting boy or do you plan to talk us to death? Before any of them could properly react, Sarillar shoved the leader into a side room with force. "So much for diplomacy...." The warlock looked over his shoulder and pointed a finger at the female Pirate 1thug just behind the fighter. "It doesn't seem to be your lucky day, friend."

As he spoke, dark shadows Cast Hex on Pirate 1coalesced and seemed to stick to the woman's form, shifting over her clothes with a pulsating color of void. Unferth raised his second hand formed into finger gun and winked as green light Eldritch Blast at Pirate 1, missederupted from the tip. The pirate ducked at the last second and the blast dissipated once it hit the wall. "Well sh*t....." He stood from the table and cracked a few knuckles before drawing his battle axe from his belt.

OOC

Action: Cast Eldritch Blast at Pirate 1, missed.
Bonus Action: Cast Hex on Pirate 1, They now have Disadvantage on STR ability checks
Movement: N/A
Free Action:
Persistent Effects: Concentration, Hex on Pirate 1

 



__________________
"We are sons of Durin, and Durin's folk do not flee from a fight. I have no right to ask this of any of you, but will you follow me one last time?"

Tomb of Annihilation | Labyrinth | Broken Isles | Descent into Avernus
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 02-11-2020, 03:02 PM
Sassafrass's Avatar
Sassafrass Sassafrass is offline
Man・Earth・Sky
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-30-2020
RPXP: 55285
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Posts: 17,204
Relena Goodknight
Human Acolyte Rogue
 
From there, she listens.

Never losing her smile, she is very much unhappy with the person they are figuratively getting into bed with. This feels wrong, but then, she's done wrong before. Just, in light of the current situation, the current crisis, this doesn't seem a worthwhile use of their time. But the means to the end: it goes against everything she's been taught, but so does she. Relena never loses her smile, but her confident in everything is beginning to fade. At last, payment is mentioned, and there is a fair amount of thamauturgic displays of the mind. She regards her two companions with a grin, use to Sarillar's threats but never doubting them, only finding them too much, as always. "Oh, no, dear, I know how dice works. I just work differently from Erna. You see, the luck you make matters more than the natural luck of the world; yet, Tymora is certainly proud of that realm, as it were, but hmm. I think we can play a bit. Show me for a round and then I'll join in." In reality, she dislikes the game, but loves the game of watching people. Bookish that she is, that is her favorite book of all.

The conversations around them are intriguing. She hears the Grand DUke's name, a mention of who will succeed him. Of course, to her it will be someone within the Flaming Fist. But that will be for some time now, will it not? No matter: the matter at hand is here, and the hands of fate move quickly. Relena presses a hand to her bow after a long period of reflection, watching as Sarillar pulls the captain of the pirates aside. "Well, that escalated as qucikly as we can expect. Bully for Sarillar and consistency!" Reaching to her thigh quiver and pulling an arrow, she notches the bow as Unferth says his words and fires off a blast, Relena realizing she may have to put herself between the Dwarf and danger here presently. She rises and steps away from the table, making herself the clear target. "Loyal Fury, the things I get myself into..."

"Darling, we must talk about your taste in men; that captain of yours is just shy of saline, and that will ruin your skin. Come now, let's have a chat while you still have skin to lose." Arrow on the bowstring, she lets loose and lands a hit on the pirate's left hip, grinning as she does so. "Unferth, see to it that our present employer is protected and your spells find their mark."

Reaching for another arrow, Relena Goodknight prepares for battle.
 
__________________
he/him\his
Carrion Crown | Tyranny of Dragons | Out of the Abyss
Coming Soon: Planescape: Tales from the Outlands

Last edited by Sassafrass; 02-12-2020 at 01:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 02-13-2020, 12:07 AM
DaysUntold's Avatar
DaysUntold DaysUntold is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-30-2020
RPXP: 10384
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Posts: 1,989
Making New Friends
left-aligned image

With Sarillar's companions joining in the fray, Tarina jumped up, her crossbow at the ready and aimed at the already injured pirate. The bolt sprang forward and caught the 19 to hit, 5 dmgwoman in the neck, seeping what remained of the life from her body as she sank to the ground.

"Perhaps we'll manage to make it through this alive," she said to Relena, as she loaded another bolt. Rather than skittish, the woman looked thrilled, high on adrenaline as it flushed through her veins and brought a blush to her cheeks. As she turned, she caught two of the pirates aiming at the woman who had impaled their shipmate. "Wat-" Tarina called out, trying to warn the rogue. The warning allowed for Relena to 7 - missdodge the first quarrel, but it was the second that hit home with 21 to hit, 9 damagedevastating accuracy.

Inside the room to the north, a Failed will save - 12 dmg and frightenedterrified wail rang through the air as Dead-Eye struggled and clawed in an attempt to get away from the masked man. Sarillar released his grip and the pirate captain almost fell over himself as he scrambled into the far corner, pressing himself into it as if he could pass through it based on pure will. From behind, a crossbow bolt struck into the 19 to hit, 3 damagefighter's shoulder blade, but it did little to stop him.

Downstairs, Pirates 6 and 7 asleeptwo men dropped to the floor, shocking other patrons who abandoned their chairs in an attempt to find safety. The remaining pirate barely noticed and instead ran up the stairs, towards the sounds of fighting. Cresting the stairs, he poked his crossbow through the railing and aimed at the dwarf standing a few feet before him. The bolt 5 - miss.flew wide and skittered off of the wall, sending it clanging to the floor near the other table.

"Hey, watch it!" Rahima called out.

"I've got two on the little one," Skrawldar announced, taking a long gulp from his flagon as he watched the conflict.





 

 
__________________
"Beware of shadows bearing gifts..." - Ammanas
Gardens of the Moon, Malazan Book of the Fallen

Last edited by DaysUntold; 02-13-2020 at 12:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 02-13-2020, 01:42 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar
Sassafrass Sassafrass is offline
Man・Earth・Sky
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-30-2020
RPXP: 55285
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Posts: 17,204
Relena Goodknight
Human Acolyte Rogue
 
Pain. Blinding pain.

She had been distracted by the light leaving the pirate's eyes, the death that she had wrought. A part of her gave a silent prayer to Kelemvor to usher her along, and Umberlee, likely the pirate's patroness, that she had a petitioner coming. She was able to dodge the first, but the second landed in her chest, under her lung on the right side. She gasped, wheezing, the air struggling to find its way into her body. Her muscles tensed, the pain blinding. Her bow dropped from her hand, her quiver and arrows forgotten.

She had to end this faster than Sarillar's murderous hand could, and end it now, for all their sakes.

"Unferth, rally and destroy. Tarina, continue applying cover fire." Dipping her knees, she drew her rapier, brought it to her face in traditional salute, and charged. Moving in tandem of Unferth, she brought the blade behind her, trying to determine the best way to end this. It was life or death now, no time for bookish reflection. Twisting in her heels, she turned, a full circle, before lunging back and driving the blade directly onward, the rapier catching the pirate on the right side, near the heart but closer to the top of the lung. Driving the blade home, with Unferth taking the flank, her attack landed, and she withdrew, twisting the blade as it came out, letting the circle tear just a slight bit more.

"Sarillar, whatever your passionate rendezvous with the captain, you had better make it quick!" She yelled, before wincing. She had one more yell in her, keeping at defensive stance and feeling the pain.

"ERNA! ERNA DARLING!" It was the only thing she could think of. She had to get better. She had to be healed.
 
__________________
he/him\his
Carrion Crown | Tyranny of Dragons | Out of the Abyss
Coming Soon: Planescape: Tales from the Outlands
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 02-13-2020, 07:17 AM
Silent Rain's Avatar
Silent Rain Silent Rain is offline
Neighborhood Mind Flayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-30-2020
RPXP: 5480
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Posts: 2,767
right-aligned image

Sarillar


Sarillar watched in satisfaction as the captain's eyes went wide with fear, reflecting the grim visage of his helmet from within their dark gaze. The captain began struggling again, but this time it was different. It was not rage that motivated him now, but panic. Releasing his iron grip on Dead-Eye, the captain immediately moved to flee as far from his attacker as possible.

As the captain ran from him, Sarillar raked his sword across the pirate's back, a vertical red line appearing from beneath the captain's coat.

The captain fled to the corner of the room beside the window.

"Going somewhere", Sarillar mocked. "Let me help." Putting his full weight behind him, Sarillar
Dice STR check to push captain through window:
1d20+5 (10)+5 Total = 15
Dice Disadvantage Roll for STR Check:
1d20+5 (16)+5 Total = 21
charged into the captain, attempting to send him through the window.


 

 


OOCThe captain also suffered 9 points of damage the prior round from the dissonant whisper.

Last edited by Silent Rain; 02-13-2020 at 10:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 02-13-2020, 10:33 AM
phinar's Avatar
phinar phinar is offline
pushing poo uphill
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-30-2020
RPXP: 14514
phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar
Posts: 4,260
and the battle is joined
right-aligned image
Erna Luckschild
Half-orc Cleric of Tymora (Life Domain)

 


Erna could not be happier with the way the game was going. Sure, she wasn't winning, but the game was engaging her squadmates. That was more important. Both Bethani and Bethrynna — and Erna's eyes shifted between them nervously as she thought this, unsure she was getting the names right — were playing along. That's the kind of social fabric a good team is built on. The Lady provides in subtle ways.

Erna eyed her cards. A lot of Leafs this time, which could be good for some late-game tricks. Playing a game of cards to launch a new partnership was almost liturgical, she reflected. It had all the hallmarks off a good ritual. In an indirect way, it invited Tymora to bless their venture. And Erna supposed that Tymora had blessed the venture; she had sent along one of her most devoted servants, Erna.

She took a swallow of her ale and watched Bethrynna consider her play. The scholarly elf seemed to really think about her choices, and that made Erna smile. She should thank Bethani for the idea to play.

That's when she heard the pirate ask for Tarina. "Tureen? Did they say Tureen? Isn't that who we're supposed to meet?" Erna was alarmed. Had she somehow blown their cover? Why were these pirates looking for Tureen?

Erna's alarm escalates as Bethani glides away from the table, her bow rising. Where is she going? Erna thinks, trying to follow the archer's gaze. It takes a second before she connects Bethani's reaction back to her original question. Oh, she realizes. We're about to get into a fight. While barroom brawls weren't exactly a speciality of hers, she did have some experience.

Erna stood abruptly, jolting her chair backward. The chair tangled up with the butt of her spear, and the whole affair fell over. The spear jounced off the floor and the chair crashed into the table next to them before falling at her feet. Erna scrambles after the spear, only to see the two nearest pirates collapse to the ground. Already the momentum of the fight was underway, and Erna was found flat-footed.

Quote:
"ERNA! ERNA DARLING!
Like a trained spaniel, Erna's head snapped up, and she looked to the stairs. Rel's in trouble! Kicking her chair out of the way, she rushed across the tavern and to the stairs, her heavy footfalls pounding up the stairs to the landing. The pirate there was reloading his crossbow, and Erna wasn't about to let him fire again. She gripped her spear in both hands and rushed at him. The pirate's beady eyes flicked up at her, and he flinched away. The spear's tip scored his ribs but failed to impale him. Erna let out a hiss of frustration. How in the Lady's name can I get past this jackass? But she couldn't; the stairs were too narrow and she was too wide.

"Rel! You're gonna hafta get closer, I can't see you!" she bellowed up the stairs. She jostled her combatant, poking with the spear, taking a half-step closer. Then the pirate rallied, and Erna stepped back again. She still saw nothing at the top of the stairs, and her anxiety rose accordingly. I have to get past this guy!

Behind her, Henrick rose smoothly from his chair as the fight breaks out, the very image of a veteran heading into battle. He stalked across the tavern floor. He wasn't too far behind Erna, but he was behind her. He couldn't get past her to stick his sword into the beady-eyed pirate. Instead, he stopped at the bottom of the stairs and shouted up: "Surrender in the name of the Fist!"

Beady-eye showed no signs of obeying Henrick's command, and more's the pity for him: Erna would readily kill him to get to her friend. Then she saw it: the top of Relena's head, that inimitable hairstyle of hers. Relief flooded through her.

"Lady of Luck!" she cried out. "Help our friend! Sonos!" With the last word, a silvery light burst forth from Erna, leaping the distance to Relena. It cascaded over the hapless fencer. Her wounds extruded their arrows, which clattered to the floor. Her bleeding was staunched. The magic sealed one of the wounds, but the other remained a ragged puncture, no longer bleeding freely, but still oozing blood.


Actions
Erna
Move: L6
Action: attack pirate 5, 24 to hit, 4 damage
Bonus Action: cast healing word on Relena for 7 HP
Henrick
Move: J6
Action: yell up the stairs
Bonus Action: look like a pro

dice post
__________________
he/him/his — DM Westport — Play Aryka | Erna | Jamir | Kvarga
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 02-13-2020, 10:49 AM
Anea's Avatar
Anea Anea is offline
Dwarven Master-at-Arms
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-30-2020
RPXP: 2996
Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea
Posts: 2,267
The Grizzled Veteran
right-aligned image


The second floor exploded in a flurry of violence with crossbow bolts and spells flying across the deadly space. A bolt sang as it whizzed past Unferth's head to embed itself in the wall above the other table of dice players. We need to eliminate more targets, cut down their numbers so we are on even footing. The rogue seemed to be of a same mind as she rushed forward to engage the thug closest to Sarillar and the now whimpering captain. "Aye lass, I know basic tactics!" He Flavor movement to get to H1rolled under Relena's thrust to get in position and brought his axe up in a sweeping Hit for 5 Damagearc as the pirate bent over from stab wound. The bald head sailed a few feet before bouncing off the wall and rolling down the steps.

The dwarf heard the Thayan's challenge coming from the room behind him and with a wave of his hand the darkness that clung to the now dead woman at his feet raced to attach itself to the lead scoundrel, Move Hex to Dead eye, DIS on STR ability checkssapping his strength. Having done his duty, the dwarf reached out and casually closed the door while wiping his face of the gore his axe swing had splattered there. Unferth then turned to the two pirates left on the second story with a glint of amusement in his eyes. "Now lads, no point in dying here needlessly, eh? Its six verses three. Well arguably two and a half." He looked over at the man on the stairs who had just taken a spear thrust from Erna. "Drop your arms and empty your pockets and we will let you go back to your stinking ship still breathing."

OOC

Action: Attack Pirate 2 with Battleaxe,
Dice * Two Handed Axe attack against Pirate 2 w/Flanking:
2d20+5kh1sch12 (17, 2 (keeping 17) )+5 Total = 22
1d10+3 (2)+3 Total = 5
Hit for 5 Damage to kill them
Bonus Action: Move Hex from Pirate 1 to Dead-Eye, They now have Disadvantage on STR ability checks
Movement: Move to H1 to gain Flanking with Relena, then close the door to the room Sarillar is in so the other pirates can't aim at him.
Free Action:
Persistent Effects: Concentration, Hex on Dead-Eye

 



__________________
"We are sons of Durin, and Durin's folk do not flee from a fight. I have no right to ask this of any of you, but will you follow me one last time?"

Tomb of Annihilation | Labyrinth | Broken Isles | Descent into Avernus
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 02-13-2020, 03:51 PM
The Rat Queen's Avatar
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen is offline
The Archfriend.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-30-2020
RPXP: 10119
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Posts: 4,247
Finger Gun
right-aligned image
Bethrynna tilted her head curiously at the sleeping sailors, observing them with interest for a moment, then nodded in satisfaction. I'm glad the spell didn't catch anyone else, she thought. Glancing around at the panicked patrons, she sighed. Though based on their reactions, you'd think I tossed a fireball into the middle of the room. She wasn't the typical battle mage, for the most part. She preferred subtler applications of magic, and left the flashy bits to the Evokers. However, her master had advised her to find and learn Fireball, if she ever had the chance. "Nothing is quite as satisfying as blowing up an entire room with a word and a gesture," he had chuckled, and demonstrated by launching several fireballs into the air. They were definitely pretty, and Beth remembered feeling the heat, even from 150 feet away. Not quite as impressive, she noted as she sat back down with a glance at the sleeping sailors, but effective nonetheless.

Switching her gaze to the stairway, she decided that there was little she could do for those upstairs. Erna and Hendrick already blocked the way up, and she hadn't heard any of her companions calling for help other than Relena calling for Erna. The pirate on the stairs seemed to be blocking Erna's way, Beth noted as she scooped up the cards from her winning hand. Deciding not to lay down another card until the others returned (It might be considered cheating, after all. Or at least rude, she thought.), she instead cleared the way for the cleric by standing again and weaving another spell, pointing at the pirate half-hidden by the stairway. Three glowing darts appeared over her outstretched fingers, and she sent them speeding toward the pirate with a flicking gesture. The darts slammed into the unlucky sailor with powerful force, knocking him back and causing him to crumple against the wall, unmoving.

Beth gave a smile and wave to Erna before taking her seat again and studying her cards, deciding what to play to start off the next round.

OOC
Actions & Rolls
 
Stat Block
 
Feats & Abilities
 
Equipment: Pouch, staff, small knife, book, robes, ink pen, bag of sand, parchment, backpack, spellbook, ink
__________________

Last edited by The Rat Queen; 02-13-2020 at 07:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 02-13-2020, 11:32 PM
In the Mix's Avatar
In the Mix In the Mix is offline
Chocolate Chips
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-30-2020
RPXP: 4322
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
Posts: 2,493


Bethani is watching her target as she draws another arrow, watching... as the pirate and the one close by to him suddenly drops. She pauses for a moment, readjusting as her quarry had suddenly died?

But there was still the pirate by the steps. She then turns her sights toward him, and begins to move to get a better aim at him. Before she can get even two steps in, three blades of light leap from Bethrynna's fingers and kill the last pirate.

The Golden Elf may not notice when Bethani stares her own daggers at her "friend" who just took three potential kills away from her, then just casually sits down to the card game as if it was nothing.

Bethani turns to the bartender and pounds a gold piece down. "Where's my drink?"

{Hunter's Mark rounds: When my counter reaches 0/10, then its time is up.9/10}
 

 

 

 
__________________
Has taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by In the Mix; 02-13-2020 at 11:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 02-14-2020, 08:17 AM
DaysUntold's Avatar
DaysUntold DaysUntold is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-30-2020
RPXP: 10384
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Posts: 1,989
Making New Friends
left-aligned image
As the spell's effect dissipated, Dead-eye's panic and confusion turned to rage. With a snarl, he 8 - missswung his scimitar at the masked man standing before him as he made a move to push him out the window. The pirate managed to escape his grip, moving around him and back towards the main room.

Dead-Eye swung again at Sarillar, but this time his blade 25 (nat 20) to hit, 11 dmgslipped beneath chainmail and into skin. With a practiced maneuver, he lunged forward with his dagger, taking advantage of the fighter's shock to 18 to hit, 4 dmgsink it between a join in armor. A smirk reappeared on the pirate's face as Sarillar slumped to the bed that he stood upon. Dead-Eye flicked blood off of the blade of his scimitar before confidently striding back into the main room where he walked past the downed body of the woman who had fallen not long before.

Catching sight of his crew sprawled out on the floor, his eyes flickered to the other patrons in the room. "Ten gold to anyone who fights for me," he said loudly, his tone sweetened with honey, though none of the others seemed willing to get involved, at least - not yet. "No one else need get hurt," he added on, turning his attention back to the dwarf and rogue, "just give us Tarina. 'Tis a private matter between old friends. No need for any other involvement, we'll be on our way without more harm to you and your friends."

The word Tarina was stressed, but it didn't take long to figure out why. Tarina was faster than they were, sending a quarrel into the nearest archer where it 20 to hit, 8 damagelodged in her shoulder, causing the woman to send her aim 5 to hitoff the mark. The other pirate looked shocked and his eyes darted between his dead companions. He walked backwards, nearly stumbling into a corner as released a bolt at Tarina. She smiled as the bolt missed by a 7 to hitsignificant margin, instead embedding itself into the wall behind her.

"You never were a great shot, Taft," Tarina said with a smirk, however Relena couldn't help but notice the uneasy way in which her eyes darted back towards Dead-Eye.

Downstairs, small droplets of blood fell on a nearby table from the ceiling. Alan shook his head as he filled Bethani's mug before exchanging her gold for change. "Falten," he said, "get the bucket and clean up that table, will ya?"







 

 
__________________
"Beware of shadows bearing gifts..." - Ammanas
Gardens of the Moon, Malazan Book of the Fallen

Last edited by DaysUntold; 02-14-2020 at 11:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 02-14-2020, 10:04 AM
Silent Rain's Avatar
Silent Rain Silent Rain is offline
Neighborhood Mind Flayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-30-2020
RPXP: 5480
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Posts: 2,767
right-aligned image

Sarillar


Sarillar grunted as the captain was able to brace against his attack and slam him against the wall as he attempted to shove him out the window. Sarillar cursed himself as he let his guard down after being stunned for a moment by the impact, giving the captain time to draw and attack with his scimitar.

The captain was clearly no novice with the weapon and Sarillar gasped as he felt the tip of the blade find its way beneath his armor. He could already feel the blood pulsing from the wound as the blade pulled free.

The captain lunged forward with a dagger in his other hand, likely hoping to finish the job, but Sarillar remained calm enough to gesture and utter an arcane word a split second before it struck. In a flash, an invisible shield wrapped itself around him, preventing the dagger from finding its mark.

Thinking him dead, the captain turned from Sarillar and left the room.

Rising from where he had fallen against the bed, Sarillar exited the room while the captain was attempting to elicit the aid of those in the tavern. Pathetic. "Are you so afraid that you need to grovel aid from drunkards?". Stepping over the body of a fallen pirate to stand beside Unferth, Sarillar
Dice Attack vs captain (flanking with Relena), dmg:
2d20+5kh1sch17 (9, 19 (keeping 19) )+5 Total = 24
1d8+5 (4)+5 Total = 9
swung at the captain.


 

 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:18 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB