twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-19-2020, 03:17 AM
Internet Abjurationist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4286
Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore
Lets just say I work overnights on a computer and have...a lot of time on my hands.
Old 01-19-2020, 03:18 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 222
Valornor Valornor Valornor
DM, can you give us a description or perhaps a map of the region around Taro Town? An perhaps of the eastern portion of the Herald Kingdom as well?. I'm trying to figure out a likely place where my PC and his Mother may of came from. I can make something up if you prefer. I was thinking perhaps from a vast forest just to the northeast of said Kingdom. Across a great river that is the Kingdom's eastern border

Does Taro Town indeed lay within the outer chamber of a vast cavern around a central lake/pond as the picture you have chosen, suggests?

I hope my mention of Taro Town having a six year public school and a militia in my PC's still unfinished Backstory. Is not to much of a stretch. I figured it was a good way of explaining how the PCs may know another one another. Both for those who have lived most their lives in and around Taro Town. As well as those who have only lived there a few years or less. Or at least how he knows the other PCs. As he himself does not spend to much actual time in Taro Town itself. An only over night during the various annually held festivals and the like.

Last edited by Valornor; 01-19-2020 at 04:23 AM.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:54 AM
Deus Ex Machina

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 301
Mechaniacal Mechaniacal Mechaniacal Mechaniacal
Taro town rests at the foot of a small mountain range. The central part of the town, where most residences are, exists around a small lake fed by a waterfall that comes from the mountain. There are also plains on the outside of the town's edges, where most of the town's food production is done.

I can try to put together a map. Hopefully in the next day or so... it probably won't be fancy though.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:18 AM
Internet Abjurationist

Tools
User Statistics
That would actually be very helpful even if it isn't a work of art. Some places you have named would certainly help us give a little bit more detail to certain character bonds and such.

Also, thanks to this application process I learned that you can use .gifs for your character sheet! I am so stoked lol.

Last edited by Theore; 01-19-2020 at 06:42 AM.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:39 AM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7031
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Haha not even finished writing up my application and it looks like Jack already has a bad reputation...
Old 01-19-2020, 07:48 AM
Internet Abjurationist

Tools
User Statistics
It is far from personal Alatere! Rivezran is quite leery among the more "charismatic" types due to the nature of his own people. While Jack likely never did anything to him (unless you would like to be one of my three known staples that perhaps gives a little flavor to the uneasiness), he tends to avoid shenanigans before they have a chance to start.

Last edited by Theore; 01-19-2020 at 07:51 AM.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:29 AM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Don’t worry about it it’s fine, sometimes a negative reaction can be more fun to play than a positive one. Let me finish the main body of my application then we can work something out.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:31 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 158
MarsComulus MarsComulus

ApplicationName: Dacian Varro
Class: ScoutRogue
Race: VariantHuman
Background: Page

Last edited by MarsComulus; 01-27-2020 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:32 AM
Destroyer of Dreams

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1141
telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatere View Post
Haha not even finished writing up my application and it looks like Jack already has a bad reputation...
Don't be stressed about that. Antagonistic relationships that come good through shared peril can be some of the most interesting and rewarding in RPGs. It's all about the arc, baby!
Old 01-19-2020, 12:29 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1738
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
There ya go Alatere, wrote a positive character link for Trevor and Jack. If you want me to change anything, feel free to let me know.
Old 01-19-2020, 12:37 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1002
Citizen Sam Citizen Sam Citizen Sam Citizen Sam Citizen Sam Citizen Sam Citizen Sam Citizen Sam
So I was thinking of adding a librarian NPC if everybody here (particularly our DM) is okay with that?
Old 01-19-2020, 12:58 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 926
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatere View Post
Donít worry about it itís fine, sometimes a negative reaction can be more fun to play than a positive one. Let me finish the main body of my application then we can work something out.
I'd be up for a link with ya boy too once you're done. Jack and Annabelle both seem to be troublemakers/rule breakers. Jack seems a bit more lighthearted than Annabelle but i'm SURE they must have got in trouble together on at least one occasion! Also she'd be well up for absolutely shameless flirting (even if it goes nowhere, i'll let that be your choice )

Playing- Sigil Moonchild @ Ravnica: Reconstructed | DMing- Law of the Jungle
Old 01-19-2020, 01:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4456
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Sam View Post
So I was thinking of adding a librarian NPC if everybody here (particularly our DM) is okay with that?
Arjhan spent a lot of time in the library as well.
Old 01-19-2020, 01:44 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2193
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift

Old 01-19-2020, 02:15 PM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by telcontar View Post
Don't be stressed about that. Antagonistic relationships that come good through shared peril can be some of the most interesting and rewarding in RPGs. It's all about the arc, baby!
Totally agree with you there. Sounds like a good opportunity for some character growth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsOfTheHeart View Post
There ya go Alatere, wrote a positive character link for Trevor and Jack. If you want me to change anything, feel free to let me know.
Haha I love it. I can just imagine Jack trying to act as a wingman for a stuttering Trevor... Jack’s advice also might not be the best in the world and that could be rather entertaining...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishkamon View Post
I'd be up for a link with ya boy too once you're done. Jack and Annabelle both seem to be troublemakers/rule breakers. Jack seems a bit more lighthearted than Annabelle but i'm SURE they must have got in trouble together on at least one occasion! Also she'd be well up for absolutely shameless flirting (even if it goes nowhere, i'll let that be your choice )
Sounds great. We do seem to be the rule breakers so far. I haven’t decided yet but Jack might be mostly all talk. He might be in for a big surprise if things go a little too well with Annabelle.

Looks like I could be really busy with this game even before the selection process!