twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-19-2020, 02:30 PM
Deus Ex Machina

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 301
Mechaniacal Mechaniacal Mechaniacal Mechaniacal
I don't mind about the librarian. That's what that part of the application is for.

Last edited by Mechaniacal; 01-19-2020 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:38 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12915
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
I have some ideas for links between characters. Please let me know what you'all think.

Possible character Links:
JasonTheSwift: As a "fellow paladin", I think it might be natural for Kerri and Ander to know each other. Perhaps they could be friendly rivals? They could debate religious philosophy and/or compete with each other - either by sparring or generally trying to out-perform the other.

Binnford: It seems to me that Wuuni and Kerri might be drawn to each other. Kerri has big dreams and (undefined) goals and an outgoing personality. Wuuni is Kerri's near opposite - in that she's reserved and even-keeled. They're a good complement and balance for each other. Kerri's the crazy friend; Wuuni is the sensible one.

Valanor: Kerri and Valanor might certainly have bumped into each other while Kerri was exploring the wilds. I imagine that Kerri might seem a bit too reckless in her explorations for the Elf. But that's for you to decide, of course.

JaredSyn: Kerri would be drawn to Arjhan because he's clearly an extra-planar being "just like her" - or at least shares that aspect of their birth.

ColorsOfTheHeart: A good listener? Calm and thoughtful? Kerri could use somebody like that in her life. She has big ideas and would love to have somebody to tell all about them.

Last edited by girlplay; 01-19-2020 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:46 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 222
Valornor Valornor Valornor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechaniacal View Post
Taro town rests at the foot of a small mountain range. The central part of the town, where most residences are, exists around a small lake fed by a waterfall that comes from the mountain. There are also plains on the outside of the town's edges, where most of the town's food production is done.

I can try to put together a map. Hopefully in the next day or so... it probably won't be fancy though.
No, it need not be fancy. So how far would the closest forestland be from town?
Old 01-19-2020, 02:47 PM
Deus Ex Machina

Tools
User Statistics
I like what I'm seeing with the applications thus far. The fact that a lot of you are giving your character's impressions on ALL of the other applicants is really nice and tells me more about your characters than you can know. I look forward to seeing the applications that aren't quite finished start to take root.

I have a real life D&D game today, but if I find the time, I'll work on a rudimentary map and add it to my first post sometime either today or tomorrow. I'd also like to do feedback in the next couple days for the current list of applicants. One of the other games I applied to asked extra questions during the feedback process -- and I'll probably do something similar, because I really liked the idea -- So look forward to that.

Last edited by Mechaniacal; 01-19-2020 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:51 PM
Deus Ex Machina

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valornor View Post
No, it need not be fancy. So how far would the closest forestland be from town?
Within five miles. Easily less than a day's travel from the town itself, if you want dense forest. There's woodland along the bottom of the mountain, along the trails within the town, but it's generally not great for hunting. Being so close to the town has driven off most wildlife.
Old 01-19-2020, 03:12 PM
Internet Abjurationist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4286
Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore
@girlplay

Thank you for fleshing out violet further. I'd still like to use her a bit myself for Rivezran's NPC links, and even your character if you'd have it. If not I apologize, my last time checking was buried in the table post.

I may reach out to some of you more directly - seems the Enumerator isn't striking a lot of the simpler connections right out of the gate.

Last edited by Theore; 01-19-2020 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-19-2020, 03:34 PM
Deus Ex Machina

Tools
User Statistics
Okay... A basic map of the Eastern Herald Kingdom is up -- It's only a small part of the whole country, but it gives you a basic idea of the surrounding geography I hope.

Keep in mind, I'm not a cartographer, or a geologist, and this is a fantasy world so I don't really care if the landscape strictly makes sense. :P
Old 01-19-2020, 03:35 PM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7031
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechaniacal View Post
Okay... A basic map of the Eastern Herald Kingdom is up -- It's only a small part of the whole country, but it gives you a basic idea of the surrounding geography I hope.

Keep in mind, I'm not a cartographer, or a geologist, and this is a fantasy world so I don't really care if the landscape strictly makes sense. :P
That’s pretty good for something hastily thrown together.
Old 01-19-2020, 04:09 PM
Internet Abjurationist

Tools
User Statistics
Map looks great and is very helpful, thank you.
Old 01-19-2020, 04:10 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2193
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
@girlplay, so are you planning on multiclassing to Paladin ? As far as the character link it seems interesting.
Old 01-19-2020, 04:40 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 926
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatere View Post
Sounds great. We do seem to be the rule breakers so far. I haven’t decided yet but Jack might be mostly all talk. He might be in for a big surprise if things go a little too well with Annabelle.
oh, yeah if so that could be hillarious XD

Playing- Sigil Moonchild @ Ravnica: Reconstructed | DMing- Law of the Jungle
Old 01-19-2020, 06:27 PM
Internet Abjurationist

Tools
User Statistics
InfamousDasher and I have updated our applications with a requested RP sample - and of course her talented self has started a doodle as well. Might have to hire her.

I hope Rivezran's suffering brings others as much joy as it brought us lol.

Last edited by Theore; 01-19-2020 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:55 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 660
InfamousDasher InfamousDasher InfamousDasher InfamousDasher InfamousDasher InfamousDasher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theore View Post
InfamousDasher and I have updated our applications with a requested RP sample - and of course her talented self has started a doodle as well. Might have to hire her.

I hope Rivezran's suffering brings others as much joy as it brought us lol.

All the joy LMAO
Old 01-19-2020, 07:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1049
Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite
Application
Name: Lumin
Class: Sorcerer (Wild Magic)
Race: Scourge Aasimar
Background: Urchin: Abandoned by his mother at a young age. Now too old to live in the orphanage. A street person.
Personality:
Lumin is bright and charismatic. He is eager to befriend those who are open to him. He is well liked in the circles that he frequents. But he is often misunderstood by strangers. He distrusts power and authority. He is resentful of privileged people. And when someone has made him an enemy, he can be ruthless.

Lumin can be quite industrious. He finds work around town regularly. He's not really strong enough for physical labor. But he's eager to be a gopher, cleaner, or helper of any kind. He's acquired a number of acquaintances through this work.
Backstory:
Lumin knows very little about his parents. Until recently, his whole life he was in an orphanage. Once at a carnival an old woman claiming to be a "seer" told him a tale about his mother.

According to the seer, Lumin's mother was a peasant girl who stumbled upon a fey princess, chained to a tree near the ruins. She freed the princess. Her reward for this feat was to be granted three wishes. She wished to be beautiful. She wished to be as rich as the richest merchant in her town. Then feeling guilty about her vanity and greed, she wished for a child that would bring light into this dark world. In several months, she indeed bore a beautiful child. But the boy possessed powerful and uncontrolled magic. The young woman came to believe that the fey princess had tricked her, and that the child was some sort of curse. So she abandoned the boy to an orphanage, and took her wealth to far away Emeril.

Lumin doesn't know if this story his true, but he does possess uncontrolled magic.
Appearance:
Lumin is a very young looking man. His appearance is almost child-like. He is frail and thin. But his features are perfect. He has the face of an angel.

Three NPCs:
Sister Dawn: Dawn is a volunteer teacher at the orphanage where Lumin grew up. She works there for free out of devotion to her deity. She is getting to be elderly now. She still looks out for Lumin. When she can afford it, she will pay him to do errands for herself or for the orphanage.

Karsk: Karsk is an older boy from the orphanage. A half-orc. He used to pick on Lumin mercilessly. One day Lumin had mastered a spell, to throw rays of magical ice from his fingers. When Karsk picked a fight with him, Lumin responded with his new found ability. Not knowing how powerful this could be, he nearly killed Karsk. If not for Sister Dawn's help, it would have been tragedy. Karsk has been out of the orphanage for three years now. No one knows where he is.

Rose Kolra: Rose is the daughter of a local inn keeper. She will occasionally hire Lumin to do work for the inn, like cleaning the stables. He thinks she has taken a liking to him, but he is afraid to approach her.

Links to characters:
Wuuni: Lumin will occasionally work for the blacksmith, and in doing so, he has met Wuuni.
Jack Fletcher: Doing odd jobs around town to survive, Lumin has met many people. Jack is one of his favorites. He's fascinated by the fact that Jack knows so many interesting adults, and has so many amazing tales of adventure. Although Jack makes him feel a bit inferior.
Arjhan Fireborn: Lumin has heard rumors of a man working at the library who has similar magical abilities. He has gone to the library a few times to try to meet this man. But Lumin doesn't really know what to do with himself at a library, and he's been mostly too afraid to try to engage Arjhan in conversation.
Friar Bertram Bellows: When work is scarce, Lumin will seek out food and shelter from Granny Bellow's House. He prefers this place because he knows he won't be pressured by preaching, as sometimes happens at other shelters. He once went to Friar Bertram for healing when he accidentally burned himself trying to learn a spell.
Rivezran Tobiadoreus:One day the mayor hired Lumin to do some odd jobs in a city office. There was a peculiar man who job seemed to be to ask uncomfortable questions, for a purpose that Lumin can not quite grasp. This man seemed to be very nervous about letting Lumin do even the simplest job. He eventually ordered the boy to leave the job early, before it was really finished. Seems that the man was nervous about Lumin's reputation for magical accidents. Anyway, Lumin disliked the man. He asks embarrassing questions. He would think to himself, but not say, Don't ask me about my mom, or my dad, or my home. I don't have any of those things.

Last edited by Stadiumite; 01-21-2020 at 07:07 AM.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1049
Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite
Heads up that I have written links to Jack Fletcher, Arjhan Fireborn, Friar Bertram, and Wuuni to my application. Please let me know if these makes sense to you all. I am willing to alter them.