Old 01-19-2020, 08:29 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 406
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stadiumite View Post
Heads up that I have written links to Jack Fletcher, Arjhan Fireborn, Friar Bertram, and Wuuni to my application. Please let me know if these makes sense to you all. I am willing to alter them.
The Bertram link is fine by me. If you'd like to deepen it slightly and have him eat at Bertram's home, Granny Bellows keeps an open house. That'd be ok too.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:40 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1049
Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
The Bertram link is fine by me. If you'd like to deepen it slightly and have him eat at Bertram's home, Granny Bellows keeps an open house. That'd be ok too.
Good suggestion. I will do that.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:08 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12915
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasontheswift View Post
@girlplay, so are you planning on multiclassing to Paladin ? As far as the character link it seems interesting.
No. I plan on her eventually realizing that she was fooling herself and come to some kind of more realistic realization about herself and her role in life - when it becomes clear that she isn't a paladin or an Aasimar.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:30 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2193
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
@girlplay, Ah I see, fair enough.
Old 01-20-2020, 09:08 AM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7031
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Ok I have made a first pass at character links for Jack. Please let me know if there is anything you disagree with or would like to expand on. Also if Iíve missed anyone else please let me know.

Will make a second pass soon and try to expand or improve things.

Also if anyone wants to Roleplay out a scene between our characters please let me know.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:56 AM
The Painter of Reality

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1611
hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson hjohenson
I have added links (and some RP) to every character app in my own. If y'all see something you'd like to expand upon, please let me know! I'd love to write some more
Old 01-20-2020, 12:21 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 792
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
added links/impressions for the rest of the applicants...any feedback you might have is appreciated @Mechaniacal
Old 01-20-2020, 01:13 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 104
Zangul Zangul
We all should par take in a roleplay together, since we all know of each other one way or another. Just thinking.
Maybe a town event will all attend and let the scene take place.

Last edited by Zangul; 01-20-2020 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4456
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
I added some info for each applicant to my app as well.
Old 01-20-2020, 02:38 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 660
InfamousDasher InfamousDasher InfamousDasher InfamousDasher InfamousDasher InfamousDasher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangul View Post
We all should par take in a roleplay together, since we all know of each other one way or another. Just thinking.
That would be fun!
Old 01-20-2020, 02:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4456
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Would definitely be interesting.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:01 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1002
Citizen Sam Citizen Sam Citizen Sam Citizen Sam Citizen Sam Citizen Sam Citizen Sam Citizen Sam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangul View Post
I'd be down for it, once my application's good to go.

Last edited by Citizen Sam; 01-20-2020 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:20 PM
Destroyer of Dreams

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1141
telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar
Apart from a character link with Bew (which I'm still pondering) and an RP snippet, Lerissa is pretty much complete. For me, this has been one of the hardest character concepts I've ever worked on. Mostly because Lerissa is the least like me personally of any character I've ever created.
1. I'm a guy.
2. I'm an introvert, not an extrovert like Lerissa.
3. This is the nicest, most vanilla character I've every made. That was a deliberate design choice, though. Firstly, to contrast against the way Tieflings are normally played in DnD. And secondly, because it conforms nicely with the combat role I'd envisioned for her - providing (powerful) support options, rather than being a killer.

Anyway, I've created a character link with everyone except Bew (WIP). Anyone else, if I've missed you out... that's big oops and please accept my profound apologies! Send me a PM and I'll rectify it.

I've also amended some character links today in order to make them a bit more interesting, so it's probably worthwhile re-checking my post to see if anything has changed. I've also tidied up the entire post.

I'm really open to any feedback on the application. Reply to this post or PM me if you have any thoughts on Lerissa.

Last edited by telcontar; 01-20-2020 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:12 AM
Rusty Wordsmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1697
BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord
Quote:
Originally Posted by telcontar View Post
For me, this has been one of the hardest character concepts I've ever worked on...
It's awesome that you're stepping way out of your comfort zone to create Lerissa! That's part of what makes RP exciting, I think.

I generally shy away from coming-of-age games and the like, but lately I've also been forcing myself to stretch out and try new things. As a fellow introvert, just the idea of PMing people gave me anxiety, but this has been a good growing experience for me. I'm glad I took a chance and applied, and I'm glad you did, too!
Old 01-21-2020, 12:24 AM
Destroyer of Dreams

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1141
telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinnFord View Post
It's awesome that you're stepping way out of your comfort zone to create Lerissa! That's part of what makes RP exciting, I think.
In the past, I've always been more inclined to make characters like Lerissa's mentor, Soveliss, than Lerissa herself. Take one Drow, make him a little mysterious, perhaps also make him a bit of a jerk. And voila! Instant Edgelord.

But once I saw that picture I ended up using, I knew it was the one. It was just perfect.

The only problem is... I want to RP with ALL these characters! Whilst I understand Mechaniacal's decision to keep it down to no more than six characters, there are soooo many good characters here. I blame that Character Link thing. lol

Last edited by telcontar; 01-21-2020 at 12:56 AM.