RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-23-2020, 12:12 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1738
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
So I took a quick inventory of what everyone wrote about Trevor in order to finish all my character links, and was a bit saddened by what I found.

Out of 16 characters, only three seem to even know Trevor at all. The others boil down to, I've never met him but he has cool tattoos. The rest are just nothing as of yet.

Last time this happened in a game, the DM loved my character, the other applicants loved my character, and it was rejected from the game because there wasn't enough interactions with other characters. I spent WEEKS working on that character for nothing.

I would very much not like that to happen again, so if anybody wants to write some interactions with Trevor PLEASE PM me. I'll be sending out some PMs in the next day or two myself. I've just been really busy with work lately.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:34 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2193
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
I have no problem with that, if you'd like to pitch a possible idea at me I'd be happy to reciprocate. I just couldn't think up one I thought was good.

Same for everyone, if there's a pitch that you think could be a cool link I'm all for it. I just may've not thought of one.

Last edited by Jasontheswift; 01-23-2020 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:37 PM
Deus Ex Machina

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 301
Mechaniacal Mechaniacal Mechaniacal Mechaniacal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsOfTheHeart View Post
So I took a quick inventory of what everyone wrote about Trevor in order to finish all my character links, and was a bit saddened by what I found.

Out of 16 characters, only three seem to even know Trevor at all. The others boil down to, I've never met him but he has cool tattoos. The rest are just nothing as of yet.

Last time this happened in a game, the DM loved my character, the other applicants loved my character, and it was rejected from the game because there wasn't enough interactions with other characters. I spent WEEKS working on that character for nothing.

I would very much not like that to happen again, so if anybody wants to write some interactions with Trevor PLEASE PM me. I'll be sending out some PMs in the next day or two myself. I've just been really busy with work lately.
I strongly recommend joining those who have taken up roleplaying together to see about making some links and showing off your character a bit.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:50 PM
Internet Abjurationist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4286
Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore Theore
@ColorsOfTheHeart: It is the nature of the beast here sometimes. With him having almost 20 quality applications, there's no way everyone can make it regardless of how good the application is and how much time was spent - hence why I don't envy DMs when it comes time to choose.

Every link Rivezran has was the result of me personally reaching out via PM, with the exception of Bew since we made these characters together. I'm sure if you take that initiative, almost everyone will be happy to have a link - myself included if you happen to have a pitch for me.

Even if it's negative, like Jack's and mine. Speaking of...I have a surprise for him! Unbeknownst to him, he has been part of a 3 way writing collaboration.

SPICY.

Last edited by Theore; 01-24-2020 at 12:23 AM.
Old 01-24-2020, 02:56 AM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7031
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theore View Post
@ColorsOfTheHeart: It is the nature of the beast here sometimes. With him having almost 20 quality applications, there's no way everyone can make it regardless of how good the application is and how much time was spent - hence why I don't envy DMs when it comes time to choose.

Every link Rivezran has was the result of me personally reaching out via PM, with the exception of Bew since we made these characters together. I'm sure if you take that initiative, almost everyone will be happy to have a link - myself included if you happen to have a pitch for me.

Even if it's negative, like Jack's and mine. Speaking of...I have a surprise for him! Unbeknownst to him, he has been part of a 3 way writing collaboration.

SPICY.
Hmmm sounds like Jack’s dream.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:05 AM
Internet Abjurationist

Tools
User Statistics
Nope! While the poor guy was sleeping, their distaste for one another was enough for even him to break his professional code for a moment to prod at him.

Unless you were meaning it like...you had a dream where there was three-way involvement with him and Bew? Is there something Riv doesn't know? Crushin' on him a little?? Cause that would be a curve I wasn't expecting :P

However, him not being sure if it was a drunken dream or not would definitely be fine with me too lol

Last edited by Theore; 01-24-2020 at 03:08 AM.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:40 AM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Just being a little crude based on your choice of words....

But Bew and Nym are both changelings so can change gender and look like whatever they want... so who knows Jack might be interested.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:48 AM
Internet Abjurationist

Tools
User Statistics
Ayyyyyy! Jack doesn't know that though! But OOC? Atta boy! :P
Old 01-24-2020, 03:55 AM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
Gah I think Jack is turning in to Captain Jack Harkness from Doctor Who
Old 01-24-2020, 04:55 AM
Destroyer of Dreams

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1141
telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar telcontar
Quote:
Colors, I think you've put in a fine application.

The truth is, some of us went a leeeettle overboard with our Character Links. And once it started, it kinda snowballed.

But at least you didn't get half a dozen variations of "Gosh, that girl is soooo awesome I just don't feel like I can interact with her"!!!

Last edited by telcontar; 01-24-2020 at 04:58 AM.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:03 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 406
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Quote:
Originally Posted by telcontar View Post
Colors, I think you've put in a fine application.

The truth is, some of us went a leeeettle overboard with our Character Links. And once it started, it kinda snowballed.

But at least you didn't get half a dozen variations of "Gosh, that girl is soooo awesome I just don't feel like I can interact with her"!!!
What about my character links? I'm single-handedly responsible for this town's obesity problem!
Old 01-24-2020, 05:13 AM
Deus Ex Machina

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 301
Mechaniacal Mechaniacal Mechaniacal Mechaniacal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatere View Post
Gah I think Jack is turning in to Captain Jack Harkness from Doctor Who
I'll be honest... I definitely got those vibes. But to be fair, Jack Harkness was a great character.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:19 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 660
InfamousDasher InfamousDasher InfamousDasher InfamousDasher InfamousDasher InfamousDasher
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
What about my character links? I'm single-handedly responsible for this town's obesity problem!
LOLOLOL pretty much!
Old 01-24-2020, 01:27 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1738
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Quote:

SPICY.
Yeah I'm aware of that, I've been playing on here for nearly two years now and about 90% of my characters are rejected.

What I said wasn't that I don't want to get rejected, I don't really care anymore. What I said was that I didn't want a character that people liked to get rejected for a dumb reason like that again. I want my character to actually be judged by what I write, not by what other people don't.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:43 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1389
cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy
Alright, I'm a bit late to the party but I really liked your idea for this game. I took some liberties with this one but I'm ok to change things up if the homebrew is not accepted

Application
right-aligned image
Name: „Nevi“ Nevivakri Tarikosh
Class: Astrologian (if allowed), otherwise Divine Soul Sorcerer or Wizard
Race: Kalashtar
Background: Fortune Teller (Variant Charlatan)

Appearance:
Even among the diverse population of Taro Town Nevi somewhat stands out despite her shorter stature thanks to the intricately decorated dresses she likes to wear, usually prefering darker colors. Her long, brown dreadlocks reach all the way down to her waist, framing the soft features of her face. The dark make up accentuates her pale skin and her piercing green eyes which tend to glow slightly whenever she is especially focused or emotional. Aside from that she likes to think it makes her look more mysterious. The plethora of jewelry the slender young woman wears on her hands, arms, ears and face only adds to the image.

Personality:
As a child Nevi tended to always poke her nose where it doesn’t belong, getting her into trouble often and even though she has matured a bit her innate curiousity still sometimes gets the better of her. Always keeping her eyes and ears open she usually knows the majority of what is going on in Taro Town. At the same time she trys to give away not too much about herself since she likes to present herself with the same air of mystery that Ms. Morkrana has about herself. Admittedly she is not always very successful at that but she likes to at least pretend. This doesn’t mean that she has her head in the clouds though, in fact she can be quiet serious and values honesty and truth very much. She want to understand the world around her and see it as it really is, hence her love for the art of astrology which offers her a glance behind the veil as well as the power to influence the fate it hides. However she wants to find things out for herself and can become quiet stubborn if someone trys to force their opinion on her. She has a great eye for detail and loves getting lost in something intricate and complex, be it a new necklace or a discussion about the universe.

Growing up all Nevi knew was the Path of Light but over the last years the girl has started to question everything she has been taught. It had been the reason she had been sent to live with her grandparents who where supposed to lead their granddaughter back onto the right path. Up until now they hadn’t been very successful though. Living amongst so many different people Nevi no longer believes the Path is the only true way. This has lead to a lot of conflicts with her family as well as with her quori Varki. This constante clash in her mind can make the girl quiet irritated and moody from time to time but she is determind to find the truth and a way she can live authentically.

Backstory:
Nevi grew up in a tightly knit kalashtar community living hidden within the Lorewood. Like all the other children she learned to follow the Path of Light, to live a life of devotion so that what is dark may become light. And like the other children she would have probably grown up to become a devoted follower of the Path if it hadn’t been for the strange traveller that sought shelter in their village. His name was Fury and despite the distrust the elders had towards the „devilblood“ the young girl was fascinated by him and the stories he told. They were so different from everything she knew and while the tiefling only stayed for a night his visit left an deep impression on the girl. She started to question the teachings of the Path and the more she thought about it the more frustrated she became. She tried to talk with her family about her questions but none of their answers were satisfying to her. Finally she decided that she didn’t want to just believe what others told her but wanted to find out about the world herself.

Unfortunally her new quest for truth was met with lack of understanding from her community. Out of fear that their daughter would corrupt the other children her parents sent her to live with her grandparents in Taro Town, hoping that with some distance and the right tutorlage she would come back around.

Life in Taro Town was so much different from the live in her community and Nevi loved it. It offered plenty of space to avoid her grandparents and their efforts to convert her back to the Path. One of her favourite places became The Blue Moon, a little shop that offered fortune telling as well as all kinds of spell components and scrolls. It’s owner, Ms. Morkrana quickly took a liking to the curious girl and in the end offered to take her as an apprentice, which the girl happily accepted.

Ever since then Nevi basically lives in the shop and she does her best to become a powerful diviner just like her mentor.

Relationships

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nevi1.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	82932  

Last edited by cookieyummy; 01-26-2020 at 11:35 AM.