StarWars Star Wars the Old Republic: Shadow's Edge - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-27-2020, 10:27 PM
For Sanguinius!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3943
Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon
Star Wars the Old Republic: Shadow's Edge

Game NameStar Wars, the Old Republic: Shadow's Edge

Game SystemStar Wars RPG Saga Edition (Knights of the Old Republic Era)

ThemeThe fate of an unsuspecting backwater on the Galactic Rim hangs in the balance as powerful forces vie for possession of a stolen artifact

FlavourDrama, Mystery, Intrigue, Action, Exploration

The Game

Prelude
left-aligned image
The ambient drone of speeders streaking through Coruscant’s night air prevails above a cacophony of other sounds of the sleepless planet-city. Countless individuals head on their way to whatever business calls upon them despite the late hour, largely oblivious to those around them pursuing similar goals. Coruscant hasn’t slept in several millennia, and does not appear likely to do so anytime soon.

An unremarkable speeder pulls out of the main stream of traffic, decelerating and descending towards a small port opening. It glides down and sweeps through the gap, the grinding of metallic gears momentarily overcoming the drone of speeders above as the port doors slide open. For a moment, it appears as though the vehicle’s pilot has judged poorly, and will slam into the still opening metal doors. The engine protests with a high whine as it attempts to slow rapidly and defy gravity at the same time, the craft swinging about and slipping perfectly through the partial gap. A feat of incredible instinct and piloting that goes utterly unnoticed by the world around it.

As the craft squeezes through the door, there is an instantaneous groan as the doors suddenly reverse, and begin closing before having opened completely. Within the small docking bay, the craft sets down, incredibly gently after the high speed manoeuvre that had just been performed outside. The speeder settles on its landing gears with a hiss of pneumatic, and the engine drone shuts off. Only the sound of metal starting to creak and pop as super-heated components begin to cool can be heard.

A moment passes before the glass canopy seal is broken and lifts free of the speeder. A robed figure stands up and steps out, making the short jump from the craft to the metallic floor of the docking bay with all the grace of a feline. The figure’s robes billow for a moment, that is all but the hood, but little can be revealed of the individual they contain.

A short distance away, three individuals stand leaning up against a stack of crates. One, a burly human male with a massive blaster seems to shift a bit as the robed figure emerges from the speeder. He looks set to take a step before one of his companions, a slender Rodian smoking a pipe holds up his free hand, staying the man.

Calm down, Argo.Noah killya, Argo.” The Rodian’s voice has a slight edge of humour, and whilst the big man grunts in frustration, the blaster lowers. The Rodian taps out his pipe before standing upright, and taking a step before the cloaked figure.

You're late. Where's my money?U alay. Konchee sa doe moulee-rah?” The Rodian asks, his hand unsubtly coming to rest upon the hilt of the small blaster at his hip.

For a moment, the hooded figure does not respond, only shifting its head subtly as it shifts gaze from first the burly human, then to another sizeable Azumel at the rear on the edge of the shadows who stood beside something under a heavy cloth. There the gaze lingered a moment, before finally coming to the Rodian.

“You will get your credits, Zeerik. Have you managed to acquire the artifact?”

Zeerik lets out a laugh, and motions towards the Azumel, who proceeds to pull back the cloth just enough to reveal some of what lie beneath. It is a quick glance, before the cover is pulled back over, but enough to reveal some form of Carbonite Sarcophagus.

The robed figure nods, and holds up a small data pad. A gloved hand extends a thumb to press a single icon on the pad, before slipping it back into the folds of the robe.

“There. Transferred to the agreed account. Now, just have it loaded onto my…”

left-aligned image

The robed figure’s voice, heavily modulated and accentuated with the occasional hiss of pumped air, as though spoken through some form of respirator, was interrupted as the room suddenly erupted into thunder and flame.

Zeerik and his two companions were incinerated instantly as the darkness behind them exploded with fire and flame, sending what was left of their bodies hurtling through the air towards the robed figure, who was themselves thrown backwards and to the floor in a heap of crumpled robes. The sound of shouting could be heard as the secondary door to the docking bay, now a ruin of twisted metal, became a hive of activity. Figures obscured by the smoke seemed to leap from the boarding ramp of a ship hovering outside and dash forward. With expert precision they retrieved the Sarcophagus and pushed it back towards their ship.

In a desperate attempt to stop them, the robed figure attempted to stand and move towards them, but a sudden hail of blaster fire in their direction sent them diving for cover. Only the sudden emergence of a brilliant blue lightsabre from amongst the robes managed to deflect several bolts and prevent the figure from being mowed down before finding shelter behind the parked speeder.

Within moments it was over, and the whining engine of the ship outside receded into the background droning of Coruscant’s regular traffic. The figure stood up and dusted himself off, his hood now cast back to reveal the face of a Kel Dor. Deactivating his lightsabre and reaffixing it onto his belt, he slowly made his way over to where the sarcophagus had been just moments ago. There, he stepped over the debris to kneel beside a body, struck down by deflected blaster fire, the hole in its torso still sizzling.

The Kel Dor Jedi reaches out, pulling back a sleeve on the arm to reveal heavily tattooed human skin. He proceeds to trace his finger over one tattoo in particular, musing over the finding before letting the hand drop. Shaking his head, the Kel Dor stands and makes his way back to the speeder taking a moment to survey for damage before departing.

right-aligned image

Above, hidden in the darkness of the shadows that coagulated amongst the support beams of the docking bay roof, a soft scarlet glow is suddenly overlayed with a brighter green one. A lithe figure, so still it was impossible to notice, slowly lowered the rifle that had been trained on the whole scene. A gloved hand comes up and flips out a view screen on the rifle stock, pressing a button that proceeds to playback the scene that had just played out. As the footage comes to the scene of the Kel Dor kneeling beside the dead ambusher, the figure hits pause and increases the zoom. With a single fingertip, the tattoo that so interested the Jedi is brought up to full view.

A brief moment passes, before the observer reaches up to activate some form of comm-link in it’s helmet.

“Objective intercepted by third party. Uploading relevant intel. Proceeding to disengage.”

There is a click as the comm-link is severed, and in the briefest flurry of movement, the dark observer is gone.

Praxima

The game takes place on a backwater on the Galactic Rim known as Praxima, a rugged world on the edge of known space that barely appears on most star charts. Here, the Galactic Rim Industrial Mining Magnate, otherwise known by its acronym G.R.I.M.M., has a licence to extract precious metals from beneath Praxima's mountainous surface, amongst other operations.

G.R.I.M.M.'s control of the planet, however, is tenuous at best. As such a distant, unknown world on the edge of space, it is a haven for all kinds of smugglers and thugs, particularly given the discovery of ancient ruins beneath the surface. Tomb raiders and black marketeers find their way to Praxima to deal in uncovered relics. Rival gangs vie for true control over the planet, and as long as they are left to mine in peace. G.R.I.M.M. appears happy to let them do so.

Only one major settlement exists on Praxima, Eudelphi City, and it is a hive of gang activity as they fight over the lucrative black market trade. The city itself is a hotbed of internecine gang warfare, with two major gangs and a plethora of smaller ones have carved out territories to which they cling precariously.

Besides Eudelphi City, the only settlements across the small planet are those of the mining and agri-hubs established by G.R.I.M.M. and the swoop tracks built and operated by the various gangs. Swoop racing is a lucrative trade on Praxima, it's ravines and networked cave systems a natural place for the sport. Swoop racing is perhaps the true lifeblood of the Praxima economy. As far as the gangs are concerned, at least.

The characters find themselves on, or arriving on, Praxima, where their destiny awaits.

General information
The game will take place at approximately 3943 BBY, and will be set on Praxima. The Sith Empire has been dismantled and the Galactic Republic is slowly reasserting it's control over the wider Galaxy, though has considerable ways to go before achieving this goal.

The Sith are defeated and scattered, but not eradicated, maintaining many pockets of resistance across the galaxy, with countless Sith declaring themselves warlords over planets and regions in an attempt to resist the Republic and their rivals.

The Outer Rim is a wildlands, where apart from major hubs, the Republic has not yet established the infrastructure and resources to adequately police it. Therefore it is a hive of criminal activity, former Sith Lords establishing their own regimes, and various threats emerging from the Unknown Regions, no longer kept in check by the strength of the Sith Empire.

The Characters
Important things to include: Other than your character sheet, please include the following.
  • Background:
  • Description/Image:
  • Motivation:
  • Personality:
  • Goals:
  • Duty:
  • Starting Location (Praxima/Off-world):

Game specifics
Stats: Stats can be either Standard Score Package (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8); 25- Point Buy (or 27- Point Buy if you are using 5e point-buy calculators); or rolled using the 4 d6 keep 3 method (once the game thread is created). Please, no rolling in this thread, they will not be accepted.

Rolling thread can be found HERE

Characters will start at 1st Level: I have no forseeable cap on progression, it will depend entirely upon where the story takes us. Let's expect to get to level 8 at least.

Experience: I will be utilising the milestone system for levelling.

Expected posting rate: 1-2 times per week. I would like to increase this once we get settled, but I would like to be realistic and allow people the chance to ease into the game.

Number of players: I am looking for 5-6 players, however, this game's recruitment shall run a little differently. I would like the majority of applicants to be given a chance to showcase their talents and determine the rapport dynamics of the group.

In order to facilitate this, the game will have a Prologue. This Prologue will be divided into two streams, into which I shall divide applicants, dependant on their starting locations (see application process below). I will limit each Prologue-stream to 5 players at a time, however at specific intervals throughout the Prologue, unsuccessful characters shall be notified and written out of the plot. Dependent on where this happens throughout the process, another applicant could potentially be entered.

The first 10 applications submitted and deemed complete will be placed in the first act of the Prologue, whilst all subsequent applicants shall be placed in a queue. As we move from Act to Act in the Prologue, prospective characters will potentially be swapped in and out, so as to give a chance for everyone to show their abilities, their rapport with other players, and their play styles.

The final party will be decided upon at the conclusion of the Prologue. In this manner, everyone who submits a character application potentially has a chance to play their character (if only for a short time), and we all gain the chance to see how players interact and if the group dynamic is right.

Application deadline: Applications will continue to be accepted until the conclusion of the Prologue, which shall be notified here.

House rules
  • Non-Canon: I have purposefully picked an obscure part of time so as to free us from canon-lore. Whilst I will make every effort to remain true to SW Lore, this story is one that occurs on the outskirts of the wider galaxy. I have placed us close enough to the events of KOTOR that vague references can be made, but as we start at 1st level I expect that I don't expect anyone to have played any significant part in that section of lore.
  • Force Sensitives: I will be accepting force sensitive characters. Those aligned as Jedi or Sith should discuss their plans with me first, however, as this will be important to the ongoing plot arc.
  • Sources: All sources will be considered, though I prefer that applications stick to published official sources.

Applicants thus far
PlayerCharacterSpeciesClass and Specialty Starting Location App status
MoonZar Maya Sheridan Human Jedi Praxima COMPLETE
delpinator Tris Rirtamm Sullustan Soldier Praxima WIP
Jasontheswift Lothor Dunefall Human Jedi Off-World COMPLETE
Eddas Dax Aldar Duros Scout Praxima COMPLETE
Silk Debbie Doe Human Scout Off-World COMPLETE
Lentil Sponge Iiaso Sheng Neimoidian Scoundrel Off-World COMPLETE
Wyrom Qual Selkath Noble Off-World COMPLETE
GrandCommander13 Dinek Blen Twi'Lek Noble Praxima COMPLETE
Crocartes Reft Dul Neimoidian Jedi (Sith) Praxima COMPLETE
Vesper Thali'araan Twi'Lek Noble Praxima COMPLETE
Jenny Greenteeth Katanya Human Noble Off-World COMPLETE
Ursinorum DD-3 Droid Scoundrel Praxima COMPLETE
Stormhammer Danwr Aljam Mandalorian Soldier Praxima WIP
orichulum Tessa Droid Replica- Human? Soldier Off-World COMPLETE
TheOneTrueClone Vorn Atek Miraluka Jedi Off-World COMPLETE
Ultrasmurf Kas Itanu Human Jedi (Sith) Praxima COMPLETE
rngrbob Coldev Rithan Human Jedi Off-World COMPLETE
Helmheid Vera Chiss Scoundrel Praxima WIP
Bleedinblood Ryn Trant Human Scoundrel Off-World WIP
DinDjarin TBD TBD  
mrtowne TBD TBD  
Redwolfe77 TBD TBD  

Prologue Details
Prologue Roster Waiting List
Praxima Off-World Praxima Off-World
Maya Sheridan Debbie Doe 1. Reft Dul 1. Coldev Rithan
Dax Aldar Iiaso Sheng 2. DD-3 2.
Dinek Blen Qual 3. Vera 3.
Kas Itanu Vorn Atek 4. 4.
Thali'araan Tessa 5. 5.
Katanya Lothor Dunefall 6. 6.

Last edited by Arkaon; 03-30-2020 at 03:12 AM.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:52 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25090
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Application
right-aligned image
The war we fight is not against powers and principalities Ė it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril, we can never surrender. - Master Domitar

My master Dimitar is one of the countless heroes who fought against the Sith and prevailed. The war left countless worlds scar for centuries to come. Diminished by his injuries, Dimitar retired to Praxima after the war. He lost a leg to a Sith lord and an arm in a space station explosion. Having no interest in republic politics and Jedi official affairs, returning to his home planet was the logical thing to do. The force works in mysterious ways, Dimitar was destined to meet me, Maya Sheridan. I was a kid in Eudelphi that just got sold into slavery when we met. Usually, master Domitar doesn't interfere with all the problems of the world, but he felt that the force was particularly strong with me. After dealing with the slavers, I had nowhere to go. My only relative still alive was the one who sold me to the slave market. Dimitar decided to take me in temporary until he finds a proper family for me. It became a permanent thing when he discovered my innate gift to be able to see the future with accuracy. This is a powerful and unusual gift for someone so young who never trained as a Jedi. Following his teaching, I spent the following years low-profile until destiny called for me at the dawn of my adulthood.

Maya is born from an ordinary family of miners that died in a working accident. G.R.I.M.M negligence caused the death of a hundred workers that day. After the incident, he lived five years with her drunk uncle that eventually sold her to a slaver around the age of nine. Fortunately for her, she was rescued quickly by master Dimitar before she became a luxury prostitute. Beyond her force powers that define her, she is quite a talented girl. Enjoying art and music, her original ambition was to become famous as a singer. Beautiful like a goddess and having a crystal voice, she could have become famous, but fate had a different idea in mind for her. Master Dimitar is not conservative when it comes to her training. He allows Maya to explore her emotions and passions so that when the time comes, she can control herself and not fall into the dark side. She could take singing and dancing lessons as a teenager and explore some of her hobbies, not focusing her entire life on her Jedi training.

There's a lot of tragic things happening on Proxima. Maya feels she must use her gifts to help those who are suffering. The temptation is massive for her to interfere in many bad things happening in the area. The gang wars and G.R.I.M.M are two of the leading causes of drama on the planet that are happening under her nose every day.

Maya frequently runs into arguments with Dimitar that they should deal with the gang wars. Her master could destroy a lot of those dangerous murderers and criminals. Yet he believes that it will lead to no good, those defeated will be replaced and the number of corpses will pile up. He taught Maya that the cycle of violence on a planet couldn't be stopped by two persons using pure brute force, she needs to be patient for the right occasion and accumulate allies if it's her calling to help the people of Proxima. As a passionate young woman, Maya didn't listen completely. On occasions at night, she acts as some vigilante and deals with minor gang activities that feed on the weak. She is wise and is trying carefully to choose when she should act or not, taking reasonable risks to measure the extent of her abilities step by step. Dimitar knows about her night hunting but decided to let her be and learn from her experiences

G.R.I.M.M dramatic exploitation of the local people is also bothering Maya. She doesn't like the corporation since they caused the death of her parents and countless other people. However, it's not simple, like visible gang violence. She doesn't know how to go about this problem. That certainly won't be acceptable to try to bully corporate people in suits, and most of G.R.I.M.M employees are not involved in any decisions. On top of it, people who control G.R.I.M.M do it from Coruscant and other planets. She thought of infiltrating the corporation and learn more about them, but that would be a long term project that Dimitar will probably oppose. For now, she only observes and takes notes of who seems to be the players on the planet.

Mechanics
left-aligned image
Name: Maya Sheridan
Class: Jedi (Wisdom\Cha type of build)
Race: Human

Description
A beautiful redhair with blue eyes. She measures 5'9 and her weight is about 130 pounds.

Personality
Kind and passionate, she can't help herself to come to the rescue of those in trouble. Aware that one person can't save the universe, she is helping where she can one person at a time.

Goals
One day leave Praxima to join with the other Jedi. Master her gift of foreseen and use it to do good.

Duty
Her duty is to her master, and helping the people of Praxima. She takes seriously her vows to become a Jedi.

Starting Location: Praxima

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	maya.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	83254   Click image for larger version

Name:	maya2.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	83255   Click image for larger version

Name:	maya-small.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	83330   Click image for larger version

Name:	mayabig.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	83830  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf maya.pdf (1.32 MB, 9 views)

Last edited by MoonZar; Today at 08:08 AM.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:14 PM
For Sanguinius!

Tools
User Statistics
Unfortunately no, I don't think there are any SRD's for SWd20 SE, as WoTC moved away from open licences at about that time if I recall correctly. I don't even think there are readily available 'legitimate' copies of PDF available either, sadly.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:26 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Ok I might still have the book somewhere, but will need a lot of help hehe
Old 02-28-2020, 12:11 AM
For Sanguinius!

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
Ok I might still have the book somewhere, but will need a lot of help hehe
No problems! That's my job!
Old 02-28-2020, 04:27 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Do we need a character sheet for the prologue? If yes how do we build our stats?
Old 02-28-2020, 05:55 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
I have a first version done, let me know what you think and what should I expand please.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:04 AM
For Sanguinius!

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Do we need a character sheet for the prologue? If yes how do we build our stats?
Yes, I will need a character sheet for the prologue. Stats can either be Standarad Score Package (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8), 25-point buy (or 27- Point Buy if you are using 5e point-buy calculators), or rolled using 4 d6 keep 3 method (once the game thread is up). Please no rolling in this thread. I will update the OP too, I thought I had included that, but see now I missed it.

Quote:
I have a first version done, let me know what you think and what should I expand please.
Looks good so far, I've just gotten home from work and it is quite late so I will give you a bit more in depth feed back by Sunday, as I will be at work all day tomorrow as well. For now though, I'd like to hear more about what made Domitar take on a Padawan, even though he has seemingly retired. Also, what does Domitar and Maya think about the gang strife of Eudelphi City? Do they stay out of it or do they try to mitigate it in some small way? If Maya's family has died in a mining accident, what is her relationship like with G.R.I.M.M.?

Last edited by Arkaon; 02-28-2020 at 07:13 AM.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:45 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
I fixed that thread name.

Last edited by MoonZar; 02-28-2020 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:24 AM
Young Mandalorian

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 202
DinDjarin DinDjarin DinDjarin
If you're willing to accept a total noob, I'd be interested! I don't have any of the books or anything so I don't know how to even build a character. I have played the KOTOR games so I at least have a vague idea how it works. I'm thinking of playing a bounty hunter who finds a cute little baby green alien... just kidding!

I haven't decided yet, maybe a Wookiee who was a slave in the mines (ala Solo), but not dead-set on it.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:27 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
If you know dnd d20, it’s very similar.

Last edited by MoonZar; 02-28-2020 at 08:27 AM.
Old 02-28-2020, 10:22 AM
Young Mandalorian

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 202
DinDjarin DinDjarin DinDjarin
Thanks, I've been perusing the SW fandom wikia to get an idea of how it works. Can't decide if I should do a Wookiee soldier or maybe a Mon Cal scout. Decisions, decisions. Assuming Arkaon will take me, that is. Wait, now I'm thinking of an Ithorian concerned about the damage that GRIMM is doing to the environment.... maybe also a scout?

Last edited by DinDjarin; 02-28-2020 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-28-2020, 05:41 PM
For Sanguinius!

Tools
User Statistics
Hi Din! Very happy to take new players, so looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Also thank you Moon, for fixing up the thread!
Old 02-28-2020, 06:47 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
A wookiee soldier would be iconic.

By the way, whatever you have in mind, we can include each other in our applications, maybe we are friends or something.

Doesn't mean we'll both be accepted of course.

Last edited by MoonZar; 02-28-2020 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:59 PM
Gran calavera elťctrica

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 418
mrtowne mrtowne mrtowne mrtowne mrtowne
Would love to get some Star Wars gaming in. Before I get too deep in the weeds on making a PC, are you accepting Droid PCs?