StarWars Star Wars the Old Republic: Shadow's Edge - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-28-2020, 08:55 PM
For Sanguinius!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3943
Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtowne View Post
Would love to get some Star Wars gaming in. Before I get too deep in the weeds on making a PC, are you accepting Droid PCs?
Currently open to all concepts. I reserve the right to discuss amendments for anything too outlandish or potentially disruptive, but I'm not putting any official restrictions in place.
Old 02-28-2020, 09:06 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25090
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
A droid could be cool!
Old 02-28-2020, 11:30 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1612
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
tris
name Tris Rirtamm
race sullustan
class fighter
background trained mercenary though the mining camp sounded like an interesting venture so Triss flew toward grim. wip
Old 02-29-2020, 11:36 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1026
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtowne View Post
Would love to get some Star Wars gaming in. Before I get too deep in the weeds on making a PC, are you accepting Droid PCs?
Damn, was thinking at a droid pilot myself..
Old 02-29-2020, 12:20 PM
Cleaner of the Royal Butt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2256
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
It does depend my freetime not suddenly being sucked away and how noob friendly you are, but I'm interested. Just working through some potential ideas, but my head immediately goes to a Scoundrel or Noble, kind of party-face slash ranged combat role.
Old 02-29-2020, 12:37 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1612
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
R2d2 wouldn't be nearly as interesting without c3po. Multiple droids can work.
Old 02-29-2020, 01:30 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2193
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
This isn't the post your looking for....

Old 02-29-2020, 05:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1066
RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77 RedWolfe77
Think a force sensitive bothan slicer would fit.
Old 02-29-2020, 08:00 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Quote:
Yes, I will need a character sheet for the prologue. Stats can either be Standarad Score Package (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8), 25-point buy (or 27- Point Buy if you are using 5e point-buy calculators), or rolled using 4 d6 keep 3 method (once the game thread is up). Please no rolling in this thread. I will update the OP too, I thought I had included that, but see now I missed it.
If we take our chance with rolling dice and our total characteristics modifier is 0 or lower (e.g 10,10,10,10,8,9) will you allow us to reroll?

Which thread can we use for that?

Thanks,
Old 02-29-2020, 09:10 PM
3.5 apples tall

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1654
ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf
The old republic is, by far, my favorite star wars era. I'll be submitting an application shortly.
Old 02-29-2020, 11:31 PM
For Sanguinius!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3943
Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon
Hey guys, apologies for the delay. It's been a busy weekend at work. Next few days off, so I'll be more accessible to respond to queries a bit more promptly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursinorum View Post
Damn, was thinking at a droid pilot myself..
I Echo delpinator. No issue with multiple droids if it plays well. Feel the Force, create the character it will you too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentil Sponge View Post
It does depend my freetime not suddenly being sucked away and how noob friendly you are, but I'm interested. Just working through some potential ideas, but my head immediately goes to a Scoundrel or Noble, kind of party-face slash ranged combat role
Sounds great. Very noob friendly here. Only my 2nd time GMing a SWd20 game, so I'm not hung up on players being super savvy with the rules. Great thing about pbp is the ability to rule check and confer with minimal disruption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWolfe77 View Post
Think a force sensitive bothan slicer would fit.
Interesting, thanks for considering an application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
If we take our chance with rolling dice and our total characteristics modifier is 0 or lower (e.g 10,10,10,10,8,9) will you allow us to reroll?

Which thread can we use for that?

Thanks,
I will accept a minimum overall score (adding up all 6 scores), probably 70+.

I will be setting up a thread for rolling shortly, for those wanting to roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrasmurf View Post
The old republic is, by far, my favorite star wars era. I'll be submitting an application shortly.
Look forward to it!

Last edited by Arkaon; 02-29-2020 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03-01-2020, 01:56 AM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2193
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
Torn between Worlds
left-aligned image

I found myself going from port to port. For some I could use my gift to get a free ride, they'd agree as if they knew me. Other times I needed to hide. The teaching ringing within my ears. Talk of peace and strength; all for naught when you're stuck in a cargo hold where every inch counts. I'm hunted by something, or someone. I don't really know, some war, some force of hatred for folks like myself. Master mentioned some great war with people I'd never heard of. It was all the same to me, survival. The first few years I was taken to a planet I didn't recognise away from my family. The faces of my sister and mother the only memory I have before the training. After proving my worth and learning how to protect myself I was given to some man I had to call Master with great reverence. Some man of power who had more mechanisms whirring out his face than most droids. This power had little impact when his ship was shot down by a large pirate vessel. Much like anyone else he died and handed me a few words and a metal tubular object and I ran. Kept running ever since, I don't even know if those pirates are even looking for me. However heads seem to turn when I stay somewhere too long, but it's hard....it's been so hard.

Lothor was the unlikely son of an aged farming couple. The older couple were overjoyed to finally have a child of their own but far away on the outer rim planet of Wayland, times were hard to say the least. Lothor was only nine but he remembered the attack, some Warlords with blades of light came and with their armed forces, they decided that a battlefield less than three kilometres away from the settlement Lothor grew up on was a wise place to fight. The settlement was slaughtered in the crossfire and many scattered in attempts to flee the conflict. Lothor and his older parents were among the few to flee, the young Lothor outpaced his parents who were caught by blaster fire. The scared young boy wandered with bare rations and no tools. He wandered through the jungle for days until he found a pool to drink from. Desperate, alone and scared Lothor sipped what he could be always looked around. However his attempts were fruitless as he was found by some adults, off-worlders who spoke with regal authority. Battle scarred and hardened people which Lothor did not know what to do. They talked about some will of the force and offered Lothor a place to stay and food. Without any options Lothor agreed but he did not know where life would take him.

The following years Lothor stayed on Wayland despite his expectations. He was schooled by these masters of some magic to harden his body and focus his mind. The training was grueling but he was not alone, six other children all around Lothor's age were being trained as well. None questioned the masters but there was a lack of warmth from the masters. The children banned together and took the physical conditioning as competition. Sometimes the Masters berated this mentality but provided the students progressed further in their training no formal punishments were placed on any of them. The masters always referred to the power of this force, the magic that allowed them to 'free' themselves. Lothor wasn't the oldest but he had a keen ability for the force. After a month of training Lothor was able to levitate his own weight of a single object before that turned into two, then three and finally Lothor was challenged by the masters to levitate a burnt out four seat speeder. With great focus Lothor concentrated, it seemed like he sat there for an hour but throughout that time Lothor levitated the speeder but also shook off the leaves from the trees around him. This power shocked the young Lothor but he was congratulated by the masters for his progression, they mentioned that his next lesson was control.

Until Lothor turned seventeen his life was a constant routine of training, sleeping and eating. It was now that the students began to more actively question the long term ideas. The masters always maintained that the students were powerful in the force naturally and required tutoring to focus and control that power. However there was never any talk of the long term goals. The students came together to ask the masters together, the answer was not what they expected.

"You must be trained to protect yourselves. Traitors of the force will hunt you down. They use similar weapons to what hang from our belts and you must beware. They can find you due to your connection too the force and they will try and turn you if they don't kill you first. "

The masters talked of the attack that destroyed Lothor's settlement, they outlined that the attack was from these hunters and that the students and masters must leave Wayland. The students had grown in their potential and would soon become targets to these hunters. The students were allowed to say goodbye that day as they needed to leave the following morning. The goodbyes were filled with tears and a broken relationship that had blossomed between a pair of students. The students were distributed among the four masters, there was a plan for after one year that all the students and masters will reunite on another world. The masters all had co-ordinates encripted on a datapad with them. Little did Lothor know that the assault on his Master's would take place leaving him alone once again.

Who am IName: Lothor Dunefall
Class: Jedi
Race: Human

Description
Lothor is a tall boy standing at 5"11 with room to grow. He bears a scar over his right eye after a chance encounter with a vicious Trandosian. His hair is medium length and slightly wild. Most often Lothor is seen wearing simple clothing

Personality
Lothor is a quiet individual, he attempts to keep to himself and not to act overtly. He is cautious to others but does find a kindred spirit toward loners and wanderers. Due to his humble beginnings Lothor has a natural care for older individuals who appear frail and those with a simple living. He has yet to form an opinion on those with power but he does feel like power is a tenacious thing to ponder.

Motivation:
Keep everyone else in the dark to the truth, I can't let myself become prey. I need to protect my brothers and sisters, if the hunters can come for me they will be able to find them.

Goals
Find his lost sisters and brothers
Try to control this "gift"
Experience romance

Duty
Toward others and self, to defend but meant to control. Need to find a balance.

Starting Location: Off-world

Last edited by Jasontheswift; 03-10-2020 at 05:07 AM.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:56 PM
Freelance Bum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1318
TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone
Posting interest. It's been far too long since I've been in a star wars game. I'm starting to go through withdrawal. Though I haven't played SAGA edition in years.

Also, I have most (is not all) of the SAGA books as pdf's. I could maybe see about putting them up on google drive or something, if you want.

Also also, I'm just a wee bit confused on the timeline. This is a few years after KOTOR 2?

Oath Taker

Last edited by TheOneTrueClone; 03-01-2020 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-01-2020, 06:40 PM
Cleaner of the Royal Butt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2256
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
Iisao Sheng
left-aligned image
Name: Iisao Sheng
Class: Scoundrel
Race: Neimoidian

Motivation: Iisao is looking for any way to heal her wounded heart. If that means helping to uphold the law, hunting for revenge, or drinking herself half to death, then that's what she'll do.

Goals: Iisao has been sent to Praxima to investigate the alleged corruption of G.R.I.M.M. but for her that is more an excuse to come to Praxima. In reality, she is hunting for a white Twi'lek with one head-tail, who had killed her girlfriend thirteen years ago.

Duty: Iisao works for a private investigation firm, and is supposed to be an agent of the law. How seriously she takes this duty depends on her mood.

Starting Location: Off-world, on her way to Praxima

Last edited by Lentil Sponge; 03-02-2020 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-01-2020, 07:17 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Lentil!!! Good to see you again, maybe we can have a second chance in a campaign together. Good luck.