StarWars Star Wars the Old Republic: Shadow's Edge - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 03-01-2020, 07:50 PM
Hail To Hoots!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1953
Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh... OOH!

I have been reserving a spot of time that I could potentially dedicate to RPGX for a while now, as I've been waiting for a Star Wars game to open up. Then you go and set it in the old Republic? Consider my interest most certainly grabbed.

I've got a character concept or two in mind, so I'll have to deliberate about which direction to go. Seems to be a common problem for those of us interested!

Last edited by Crocartes; 03-01-2020 at 07:53 PM.
Old 03-01-2020, 08:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3095
Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas
ApplicationName: Dax Aldar
Race: Duros
Class: Scout
Background:
Dax is a natural pilot. He's been flying ever since he could see over the console. Hes been flying across the galaxy with his brother Zal ever since their parents were killed 10 years ago. Fleeing the bounty hunter that was sent to eliminate their family, Zal took his fathers cargo ship and went on the run. Never staying long in any one location, the brothers took what jobs they could, cargo mostly, the occasional passengers when they had to.
He came to praxima with his brother Zal, transporting cargo. When they landed Dax went to meet the buyer. When he was nearly a hundred yards away, a tremendous explosion rocked the space port, flinging him into a pile of scrap in an alley. When Dax came to, droids were putting the flames that engulfed his ship out.
Since then, Dax has been surviving in the shadows. Looking for a way off the planet.

Description/Image: Dax is short for his race. 5' 6" (1.5 Meters) tall. His skin is a shade of blue green, and his eyes are more orange than red. He has a burn on the back of his head shaped like a check mark where a piece of red hot shrapnel hit him when his ship exploded.
He wears a long dark grey coat over a mottled green shirt and brown pants, and a wide brimmed hat.

Motivation:
Dax has 2 motivations. Survive, and find out who has been killing his family.

Personality:
Dax is shy, but friendly when he gets to know someone. He is curious, sometimes too curious for his own good, though his recent grief has subdued his curiosity.

Goals:
Find who killed his family.
Explore the galaxy.

Duty:
Dax is loyal to those he considers friends.

Starting Location (Praxima/Off-world): Praxima

Character Sheet: https://drive.google.com/open?id=12L...ijxT4swbY3EWD3

I love the old republic era!

Last edited by Eddas; 03-05-2020 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-01-2020, 08:58 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9069
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
I shouldn't; I really shouldn't because I had to ditch two games when work suddenly gut-punched me the end of last year(though it has been letting up recently), but I can't miss out on an Old Republic timeline game. I just can't
1 post/week is very doable. 2/week I can do, but timeing depends on work.

It has been quite a few years since I played Kotor, so I only vaguely remember the plotline. Though I did play Star Wars: The Old Republic and that's where most of my lore for the time period comes from. Played that game for nearly three years, though the last year was a bit of a letdown. Anyway, I'm guessing the timeline is in between the two as they are lore-wise 300 years separate from each other.

I did join another game here last year that used a Star Wars: Saga Wiki. I don't know if it's okay for general consumption on the site, but I'll PM you the link to see if I can make a character from that site. I think I have the original SAGA book, but it's berried somewhere in a storage room, and it'll take a month for me to find it. That is if the Mole Rats hadn't chewed it up yet

The 'discovery of ancient ruins beneath the surface of Praxima' got me thinking of a Tomb Raider type character that has a survivalist mentality, searching for the next big score and moving on after. Mainly mundane but possibly with the force-sensitive will not have any kind of trainingtrait, I haven't decided yet. I am going to let the idea percolate some.

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Fri: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE from April 10th to the 26th...unless I get board! :p

Last edited by Silk; 03-01-2020 at 11:08 PM.
Old 03-01-2020, 10:52 PM
For Sanguinius!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3943
Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneTrueClone View Post
Posting interest. It's been far too long since I've been in a star wars game. I'm starting to go through withdrawal. Though I haven't played SAGA edition in years.

Also, I have most (is not all) of the SAGA books as pdf's. I could maybe see about putting them up on google drive or something, if you want.

Also also, I'm just a wee bit confused on the timeline. This is a few years after KOTOR 2?
Currently I am setting it in 3943 BBY, which places it roughly 7-8 years after the events of KOTOR 2. I am potentially considering a shift however, if people are more interested in playing something around the time of SWTOR. I played that extensively as well, and probably love that period of time more, however I thought KOTOR's timelines might be more readily accessible to people interested who did not play SWTOR.

In all honesty, the spot in the timeline we fall isn't that crucial to this particular game, but if people are up for it, I actually prefer something around SWTOR as opposed to KOTOR. So, I put it out there to you guys. Does anyone feel strongly one way or the other about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk View Post
I shouldn't; I really shouldn't because I had to ditch two games when work suddenly gut-punched me the end of last year(though it has been letting up recently), but I can't miss out on an Old Republic timeline game. I just can't
1 post/week is very doable. 2/week I can do, but timeing depends on work.
Yessss.... let the hate flow. Come to the dark side ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocartes View Post
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh... OOH!

I have been reserving a spot of time that I could potentially dedicate to RPGX for a while now, as I've been waiting for a Star Wars game to open up. Then you go and set it in the old Republic? Consider my interest most certainly grabbed.

I've got a character concept or two in mind, so I'll have to deliberate about which direction to go. Seems to be a common problem for those of us interested!
Welcome and thanks for your interest, cannot wait to see what you come up with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddas View Post

I love the old republic era!
Thanks for the App! Is this complete?

Last edited by Arkaon; 03-01-2020 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-01-2020, 11:35 PM
Hail To Hoots!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1953
Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes
Excellent Arkaon! I hope you won't have to wait long to see some results posted.

I'll go ahead and reserve this post for that upcoming character description, which should take the form of an ambitious, but low level Sith who is fleeing from a far more powerful Sith adversary. He'd be more of a thinker than a doer --- a cerebral type of Sith if you will. Should make for some fun times with a jedi or two potentially running around.

Last edited by Crocartes; 03-01-2020 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-01-2020, 11:46 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
I don't know if anyone cares, but I made up a character sheet using the Table tags for a previous SAGA game. Use as you please.

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Fri: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE from April 10th to the 26th...unless I get board! :p

Last edited by Silk; 03-02-2020 at 12:33 AM. Reason: figured out how to wrap all the Tables into one single table :)
Old 03-02-2020, 01:34 AM
For Sanguinius!

Tools
User Statistics
Love the character sheet Silk, I am happy for anyone to use that if they wish.

Also, for anyone wanting to chance destiny and roll stats, a rolling thread is available HERE
Old 03-02-2020, 03:48 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
APPLICATION COMPLETE!

Debbi Doe
right-aligned image
I was saving this image for a survivalist game, but it fits the character
  • Name: Debbi Doe (real name: Debra Doesalir)
  • Species: Human Female
  • Class: Scout
  • Concept: An up and coming archeologist that turned to tomb raiding to survive.
  • Starting Location: Off-world.
  • Motivation: Debbi is largely motivated by the thrill of the adventure and new experiences. Occasionally she even enjoys reading up on the history of the tomb she's robbing. Debbi has a vested interest in not getting attached to any place or person as it hurt when her friends died, and she does not wish to experience that pain again.
  • Goals: To survive and spit in the eye of whoever tries to kill her. To have fun and feel alive like she never did under her parent's thumb. To find a score that will let her go on vacation for an entire year on some resort world.
  • I couldn't find Duty in the book, did you mean Destiny?Duty/Destiny?: Discovery: To discover an ancient relic(object) that was previously lost to the galaxy.

• Description:
    Debbi looks like a scaver, and there is no disputing the fact that she essentially is one even though she likes to call herself a tomb raider instead. Her clothes are a patchwork of tough leather and synthetic material with metal plates pounded into functional shin guards. At her side is a well-worn blaster that she took off a dead Sith infantry commander back on M77. She carries the blaster with an attitude proclaiming she knows just how to use it. Occasionally, Debbi carries a blaster rifle with her but finds it quite bulky and noticeable. Her utility belt is overflowing with tools and supplies and is as worn as the rest of her clothes. Two rolls of mesh tape are bound to the belt by wire and her datapad is clipped to the outside of the belt. Most days, both her and her clothes are filthy from her job, but once he takes a bath, her tanned skin shows the healthy tone of someone who had proper nutrition most of her life, though, her athletic build is a bit on the lean side these days. Debbi's blonde hair is bound back with circuitry wire and her milky brown eyes tend to get overlooked unless someone inspects her closely, and she rarely lets anyone that close.

• Personality:
    Upon exiting the crucible that was the moon designated M77F69-1C, Debbi had changed drastically. The common everyday fears that all civilians have were washed away and muted. Why should she be afraid of a stranger in an alley when she had crawled through the muck scratching, clawing, and killing to survive? Why should she fear death when she should have died several times over? Such an experience changed her attitude towards life, laws, the Republic, even her parents. Why should any of that matter when one's life is on the line. So Debbi came out of M77, thinking there is only one way to live. By her wits and no one's rules. Debbi uses a smile as a mask, never really allowing herself to get close to anyone again, not after watching her two friends die. While not outspoken, Debbi watches everything and will only comment on something if she finds an interest in doing so. Debbi has found letting people believe things about her that are not true, whether an assumption or an outright lie, to be greatly beneficial. On the job, Debbi is a bit mercenary and focused on the credits, but then a girl has got to eat, and she does miss the fine dining of her youth.

• Background:
    One would never know it by looking at her now that she was a spoiled rich kid from Chandrila just a few short years ago. Not that Debra, or Debbi as her friends called her, had been home to Chandrila since her parent's careers took them from Chandrila to several different worlds as Debbi grew up. Timothy Doesalir, her father, was a respected chemist, and her mother, Heather, was an aspiring biologist that made a name for inventing several bio-explosives. In short, her parent's careers took off and made them rich in the process. To say Debbi didn't have a good relationship with her parents would be an understatement. Not as smart as her brilliant parents and constantly on the move, Debbi felt resentment as to how she was treated. As an outlet, she took up sport riding. Finding the current flavor of riding beast that her current world of residence had to offer, Debbi would train and enter competitions once she felt she was ready. Rarely getting to compete more than once or twice before they were off to someplace new, usually to someplace on the opposite side of the quadrant. But at least the endeavor kept her parents disapproving attitudes at bay. By the time she was old enough to take advances courses, Debbi's family had settled on Coruscant, where it was too expensive to have riding animals. While she changed majors twice, Debbi eventually settled on Life Sciences and majored in Archaeology. Her mother was not enthused, but she did not interfere. After several years of learning, Debbi found herself enjoying her studies and was invited to go on an actual archaeological dig off-world.

It is amazing what a month can do for you, or in this case, to you. A week into the dig on a lightly populated moon, they discovered the site was an old sith tomb. Somehow that got out to a Sith warlord and the Jedi at the same time, and soon, the small no-named moon that the locals simply called M77, short for the moons alphanumerical code designation, became a war zone. Thanks to the jungle terrain, the tenacity of the Sith warlord, and the ineptitude of the Republic commander in charge after his Jedi minder got herself killed, meant the battle lasted for two long weeks. And in the middle of it all, was Debbi, her only two friends from class and the Zabrak teacher in charge of her group. Later she found out most of the other students and teachers made it out, but at that time, the young woman thought they were all dead and feard to soon follow.

Debbi still shies away from those memories, the fighting, the death of her two friends as they saved her life. But mostly, her mind focused on the teacher that betrayed her in trying to get an artifact from the tombs to the Sith warlord. The Zabrak was the first sentient that she had ever killed, and to this day, Debbi wished she could kill him all over again. Some days that scares the hell out of her, others it's just the icing on the cake of an awful day. She spent a week in the jungles after the fighting stopped. Using what little she was taught about survival in the wilderness and a few camping trips when she was younger, Debbi managed to survive. Still, she had no intention of staying there long and started making her way back to civilization once she was certain the fighting was over. The moons populace was only here for what little resources the moon had, and once the fighting had stopped, they went back to work as if nothing happened. Not knowing who she could trust, Debbi kept her hand close to her blaster as she entered the small settlement where her class had made base camp. The young woman had gotten very good at using that blaster over the intervening weeks. Of course, her school mates were long gone, and she had a little trouble getting comms access, but once she did, Debbi called home to let her parents know that she was all right. Only, it wasn't the happy reunion that she thought it would be. Both her parents were positive that their daughter was dead, and her mother was emphatic that there was no way the filthy dung rat that was on the holo could ever be her daughter. Debbi froze, not in fear, or because of what her mother Heather had just said. No, she froze out of anger and didn't want to give her mother the satisfaction of seeing her upset. With deliberate intent, and a snide smile keeping her anger in check, Debbi ended the transmission. "Fine! That's how you want it! Then that's how it will be!" While Debbi might be smart, she is was still young. She could have sent a DNA sample over the halo proving who she was, but in her anger, Debbi decided to break from her parents once and for all and damned be the consequences.

Turning her mind over to the problem of figuring out how to live on her own. Debbi started wandering and wondering just what she would do with her life. Seeing a pub where the shuttle pilots hung out, Debbi entered and took a seat. She was unwilling to continue to use Debra Doesalir for her name but decided to keep her nickname Debbi as her first name and the first three letters of her last name, which was better then if she had kept the first four letters. And so Debbi Doe was born. Even as dirty as she was, it wasn't long before she had a visiter offering to buy her a drink. Making a spontaneous decision Debbi accepting the offer and asked the man bluntly, "Do you know if anyone who would be interested in buying a Sith artifact?" Not subtle, but Debbi was tired and still upset at what her mother said about her. Laughter erupted around her until she tossed a small no, it's not a Jedi Holocron or any Holocroncube onto the table. The scrap of a chair announced a scruffy looking individual only a few years older than her. His eyes locked onto the relic before staring at Debbi incredulously, "Are you saying that you walked into the middle of that war and stole the very thing everyone was fighting and dying for?" He laughed and hooted before grinning at her, "Man, I got a few friends that have a need for a women of your skills." He leaned forward to take a closer look at the relic but Debbi pulled her blaster and laid it next to the relic, the charge indicator showing a quarter charge. He backed up quickly and held his hands. Cocking her head to the side, Debbi said, "If it gets me off this moon in the next tick, I'll be happy to meet with your friends." Half a tick later, she was looking out a window as the small moon receded into the distance. 'It's funny,' she thought. 'A month ago, I would have been terrified of going off into the unknown with some stranger. Now I cant wait to get there and ditch him before him and his friends find out I don't have all the skills they think I have.' It took her a moment, but she decided the prospect for her future was looking up. 'One thing is for certain, it won't be boring.'
Advancement
LevelFeatsTraitsStat Increases
1st LevelImproved DefensesAcute Senses(Awareness Tree) 
1st HumanPoint Blank Shot--- 
2nd ScoutSkill Focus(Perception)--- 
3rd LevelPrecise ShotFringe Savent(Fringer Tree) 
4th ScoutSkill Focus(Stealth)---+1 INT & CON
5th Level---Adapt & Survive(Versatility Tree) 
6th LevelCareful Shot--- 
6th ScoutDeadeye--- 
7th Level---Unbalencing Adaptation(Versatility Tree) 
8th Scout???---+1 INT & WIS

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Debbi.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	83331  

Last edited by Silk; 03-05-2020 at 11:04 PM.
Old 03-02-2020, 04:05 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25090
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Hi -

I added a character sheet, please let me know if I forgot something important, it's my first SW saga character in years.
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...20#post8677120

You can consider me completed, unless there's something else you would like me to write about. I usually try to don't overwhelm the DM with a wall of text otherwise.

Thanks,

Last edited by MoonZar; 03-02-2020 at 04:07 AM.
Old 03-02-2020, 04:24 AM
For Sanguinius!

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
Hi -

I added a character sheet, please let me know if I forgot something important, it's my first SW saga character in years.
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...20#post8677120

You can consider me completed, unless there's something else you would like me to write about. I usually try to don't overwhelm the DM with a wall of text otherwise.

Thanks,
Looks good to me. Marked as complete!
Old 03-02-2020, 05:18 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Thank you, let me know if I can help with anything until the deadline.

May the force be with us!
Old 03-02-2020, 05:21 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocartes View Post
I'll go ahead and reserve this post for that upcoming character description, which should take the form of an ambitious, but low level Sith who is fleeing from a far more powerful Sith adversary. He'd be more of a thinker than a doer --- a cerebral type of Sith if you will. Should make for some fun times with a jedi or two potentially running around.
Hi -

Don't worry about my Jedi, she can work with a force user that is greyish. She is very wise and won't fall so easily to provocations. As long he doesn't start murdering people and exploiting people in her face, they can coexist maybe.

Cheers,

Last edited by MoonZar; 03-02-2020 at 05:21 AM.
Old 03-02-2020, 12:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3095
Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas
Somehow, I never knew there was a D20 star wars rpg. I knew about the D6 one, and I've played and ran the FFG Star Wars rpg.
Old 03-02-2020, 02:12 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
There is actually two edition of d20 SW, thats the second one.
Old 03-02-2020, 03:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 135
Vesper Vesper
Nothing to see here...