StarWars Star Wars the Old Republic: Shadow's Edge - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 03-02-2020, 03:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3095
Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper View Post
Nothing to see here...
Sith lies!
Old 03-02-2020, 03:59 PM
Praiser of the Sun

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 568
Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom
There's plenty of kolto in the sea
right-aligned image

Name: Qual
Class: Noble
Race: Selkath

Description:
Qual is a small Selkath just over four and a half feet tall. His skin is a seafoam color accented with deep coral spots. He is typically seen in a robelike white tunic covering his mist prodcing collar and padded under armor. His eyes are a bright green. They are very large, even for a Selkath, hiding his age and giving him an air of empathy.

Personality:
Qual is overly conscious of offending others, whether they deserve it or not. Soft spoken and cautious as most Selkath he can come across as non committal and flighty. This is not truly the case, as he is very committed to his values and those he works beside. Apart from a true fight or an indecensy against his home planet and race Qual is very hard to upset or offend himself.

Motivation & Goals:
Qual is arriving at Proxima to finalize a contract for Kolto shipments with the G.R.I.M.M. directors onsite. This is his first out world venture and making a good impression is of highest importance to him.

Duty:
Quals duty is to his home. Bringing fortune through shipment will help continue the protection of his planet and weighs heavily on his conscious.

Starting Location: Offworld

Background
Qual was raised on one of many floating cities scattered along Manaan's vast ocean. He started work in the kolto mining industry as soon as he was allowed, and used those early years to make proper connections for upward mobility. By the time Qual was considered a full adult his supervisor Myrna had promoted him and offered him entry into a delegates college. Qual agreed, and spent six years learning proper galactic discourse.

Upon exiting the college Qual was again approached by Myrna with an offer for an ambassadors position. This would require Qual journey off world and create more shipping opportunities for the kolto production. Qual agreed and set to work on his first assignment.

It was nothing too special. An outer rim mining operation seemed prime for gathering contracts. After sometime of negotiation Qual seemed to have won them over and was asked to present the contract to the supervisors located on Praxima. He collected his documents and chartered the long voyage before setting out to prove his worth.
Current Game:Troubles in Tarn & Running Storm King's Thunder

Last edited by Wyrom; 03-02-2020 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-02-2020, 04:00 PM
Praiser of the Sun

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 568
Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom
I think I got everything. First time applying for anything star wars but excited for it. Please let me know if you need more.
Current Game:Troubles in Tarn & Running Storm King's Thunder
Old 03-02-2020, 04:04 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 135
Vesper Vesper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddas View Post
Sith lies!
LOL!
Old 03-02-2020, 04:15 PM
Cleaner of the Royal Butt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2256
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
I'm all done except for the character sheet, which I'll hopefully get to work on very soon. Also, you can tell that I drew Iisao before I found out that Neimoidians aren't supposed to have hair. Doh!

@ MoonZar - Heya! It'd be awesome if we're together again, Maya looks well cool!

Last edited by Lentil Sponge; 03-02-2020 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-02-2020, 06:49 PM
Lord of Space Dundee

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4191
GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13
Name: Dinek Blen
Race: Twi'lek
Class: Noble
Starting Location: Praxima
Motivation: Dinek seeks wealth and safety for himself and his two friends.

Background:
Dinek grew up on Praxima in Eudelphi City with two parents struggling to make a living; his father worked security at GRIMM installations and every so often would manage to steal a droid to sell to the gang his mother did work for, so she could reprogram the droid and sell it to a new owner. One day, however, his father was killed in a friendly fire "accident" at work; two years later his mother had to flee the planet to get away from debt. Since she couldn't afford passage for both of them, she left her son in the care of a friend who also worked for the gang. Soon Dinek was plying his mother's old trade, reprogramming droids when he could to make a living and wasting what else he could get his hands on betting and racing at the swoop tracks.

It kept food in his belly, but he always wished for more than the scraps he made off of each droid. He had been doing odd jobs with two of his friends, a Duros named Kitron Jax and a Zabrak named Virek Nolus, ever since they were kids, but Dinek hatched a plan to get them a big payday. The gang wasn't just involved in droids: they had a contact who would often have them move black market artifacts to where they could be sold. It was dangerous, but he was able to convince his friends it was worth it: they could spend their entire lives feeding off of what the gangs were content to throw their way, or they could force their way up the food chain. With his friends in on the plan Dinek went to the contact directly, negotiated a deal, and had Kitron make the cargo run in his suped up swoop.

The pay for the job was a lot higher than for reprogramming a droid, and the contact was happy to have a lower-cost option to move cargo through the city. It's true, Dinek now has to watch where he travels in the city because his old gang still isn't happy that he took their business, but the payoff was worth it. Now the three are trying to expand their operations; Virek is doing more work on their swoops, and the trio is trying to make a name for themselves on the swoop tracks to advertise their business. Plus, Dinek is always on the lookout for any other score they can make. Things are definitely looking up, so long as no one puts a blaster bolt in any of their chests.

Description
Dinek is blue and slim. He always wears a disarming smile, and while the style of clothes he wears is common in Eudelphi City he adds a bit of flair that, while it does advertise wealth, is primarily a captivating statement of his magnetic personality.

Personality:
Dinek is a dreamer. He's good at coming up with ideas and bad at filtering out bad ones, but his fantastic way with words allows him to convince others of his vision too so he hasn't yet noticed that things aren't always as simple as he wants them to be.

Goals:
Praxima is a tough place to make a living, so Dinek seeks to enlarge his gang to build up a comfortable enough power base that he can live the high life and not have to worry about ending up getting shot one day.

Duty:
Dinek must fulfill his promise to enrich his friends, Kitron and Virek, while protecting them from the harsh side of Praxima he's brought them into.

Last edited by GrandCommander13; 03-02-2020 at 09:26 PM.
Old 03-02-2020, 09:29 PM
For Sanguinius!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3943
Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon
Wyrom, marking your application as complete!

Eddas, just checking that I can consider your application complete?

Welcome aboard and thanks for the app Grandcommander13.

Quote:
Nothing to see here...

Also folks, I am thinking that a couple more completed applications and I will begin the Prologues, so watch this space!

Last edited by Arkaon; 03-02-2020 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-02-2020, 09:48 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25090
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Ok cool. May the force be with all of you. Proxama is a tricky place.

Last edited by MoonZar; 03-02-2020 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-02-2020, 10:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 135
Vesper Vesper
With all the complete apps I better get mine up asap!

Last edited by Vesper; 03-02-2020 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-02-2020, 10:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3095
Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkaon View Post
Eddas, just checking that I can consider your application complete?
The app itself is essentially complete. I was thinking of fleshing things out a bit more, but nothing that will change the spirit of whats there.
The character sheet itself isn't complete yet. Still need to roll credits and buy gear.
Old 03-02-2020, 10:44 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9069
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
I got Debbi's full Background up. Sorry if you already read what I had written yesterday. It's amazing what crap one can type when tired I regurgitated the two paragraphs into a single one and called it good.

I should have the rest up today and maybe even a character sheet.

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Fri: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE from April 10th to the 26th...unless I get board! :p

Last edited by Silk; 03-02-2020 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-02-2020, 10:52 PM
For Sanguinius!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3943
Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon
Quote:
With all the complete apps I better get mine up asap!
Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddas View Post
The app itself is essentially complete. I was thinking of fleshing things out a bit more, but nothing that will change the spirit of whats there.
The character sheet itself isn't complete yet. Still need to roll credits and buy gear.
Awesome, thank you! Marking it down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk View Post
I got Debbi's full Background up. Sorry if you already read what I had written yesterday. It's amazing what crap one can type when tired I regurgitated the two paragraphs into a single one and called it good.

I should have the rest up today and maybe even a character sheet.
I had! Looking forward to seeing it completed

Last edited by Arkaon; 03-02-2020 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-03-2020, 01:22 AM
3.5 apples tall

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1654
ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf ultrasmurf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkaon View Post
In all honesty, the spot in the timeline we fall isn't that crucial to this particular game, but if people are up for it, I actually prefer something around SWTOR as opposed to KOTOR. So, I put it out there to you guys. Does anyone feel strongly one way or the other about this?
I would prefer something around SWTOR as well. I'll write up my character background with this in mind and just change it later if you decide to stick with the earlier setting.
Old 03-03-2020, 01:24 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25090
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
I dont mind about the timeline, I suppose that regardless there is a big war explaining Maya’s master retirement on praxima.

Last edited by MoonZar; 03-03-2020 at 03:46 AM.
Old 03-03-2020, 03:32 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9069
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
I also don't mind where in the timeline everything is.

I added a Character Sheet at the bottom of my application under a spoiler tag. I still need to go through and T-tag all the equipment and double-check my figurings but I think Debbi can be considered finished.

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Fri: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE from April 10th to the 26th...unless I get board! :p