StarWars Star Wars the Old Republic: Shadow's Edge - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 03-03-2020, 04:04 AM
Hail To Hoots!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1953
Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes
Crocartes Application

Reft Dul

Fallen Padawn, Exiled Sith, Neimoidian Philosopher

"If you find out who a person is --- what makes them tick? That's how you can really know them.
Yes, there are those who will go to great lengths to earn a few credits, but when faced with the exposing of their own hypocrisy
they'll move mountains to save face." - Reft Dul, 3952 BBY

right-aligned image

Background:

Description/Image: (Handdrawn character art coming soon)

Reft Dul is a Neimoidian who stands at a couple of inches over six feet tall. His flesh is a mottled greyish green, with an asymmetrical pattern of blotches primarily focused on the left side of his face. He has the characteristic Yellow and Red side pupiled eyes of his Neimoidian heritage, but the colors have been intensified somewhat by the years of studying under Darth Trayce. Reft usually prefers to wear nice, dark colored robes that hide his form, and a matching, short hat of unmistakable Neimoidian origin. When in hiding (as on Praxima), Reft ditches the nice robes and fancy hat in favor of cheaper, more conventional loose fitting clothes such as hooded jackets.

Motivation:

Reft is motivated mostly by his desire to try and learn what and why others believe. Probably because the thought processes of most beings are so foreign to how his own mind works, he loves to try and examine people and will actively go out of his way to follow and learn about those whom he considers interesting, different and intriguing. While he considers it an end unto itself, it also allows him to potentially manipulate those whom he has grown to know, whether for their benefit or detriment.

A major component of learning about the beliefs of others, is Reft's goal to find and locate holocrons of both jedi and sith origin. It has occurred to him that there are usually interesting thoughts that haven't been known to the world for hundreds of years contained inside, and the prospect of being the first to hear them is simply too powerful an allure to pass up.

While his jedi upbringing has instilled a notion of right and wrong in him, his species' lack of empathy for others is a major contributing factor in his inability to simply help others out in kindness. Those who can hold a good intellectual or philosophical conversation with him tend to be viewed highly, though there are more people than Reft would like to believe who can do this. Once that ability has been shown, Reft rationalizes coming to their aid more readily, otherwise there usually needs to be some sort of benefit to himself for assisting others. There are times however that Reft swears can hear the voice of Garyul in his mind, wherever the knight might be now, telling him to continue to strive to be a better person and do the right thing. How effective these moments are remains to be seen.

Reft is currently motivated in large part by his need to either avoid, defeat, or make peace with Darth Erust. The fear of being on the run is one of the few times he has felt fear since leaving his life as a jedi, although he is bothered that he feels this fear. He knows he isn't the most powerful combatant, and although his interest in the combat aspect of the force are mostly driven by necessity, he does value this knowledge for its own sake.

Personality:

Reft normally has something of a reserved personality. While he doesn't have a hard time "putting himself into the shoes of others", he is not normally able to detach himself from a very analytical framework of thinking, and tends to not get excited during normal, everyday conversation. While he does tend to ignore trivial flaws and minor missteps on the part of others, any instance of perceived hypocrisy will be brought up without hesitation. These traits make him frustrating to be around for many beings, even if they will admit that he is neither wrong, nor truly antagonistic.

While the Nemoidian is usually quiet once he gets talking he will continue to do so, and has been known to go to great lengths to continue a good conversation. If such conversations are stimulating to Reft, he has been known to let his guard down and become something approaching friendly, though Lord Trayce did her best to rid the young man of this habit, considering it unbecoming of a Sith apprentice.

Reft is strong willed, stubborn, and willing to go to great lengths to achieve things, so long as he believes they are worth the effort. He is the talk first and fight later type, and tends to rely on his force powers less often than simply trying to reason with or around whatever obstacle is set before him... so long as he is calm

Once he is made emotional, Reft is very easily influenced by the dark side. In times of stress or duress, he will much more readily resort to violence or intimidation to get his way, and the priorities become shifted so that instant results are more important than long term gains. Reft usually doesn't take offense to small critiques of himself (unless calling him a hypocrite), but acts that he considers unnecessary slights against himself are often met with harsh retaliation beyond what is warranted. The more he gives into these impulses the worse they become, and the Neimoidian is already starting to notice the aggressive tendencies becoming more frequent in him, which he would never admit scared him.

Goals:

- Stay Hidden from would be Sith captors
- Get better at using the force (He knows he is not very proficient in the ways of the force)
- Deal with Darth Erust
- Find Jedi and Sith Holocrons (Like the Holocron of Darth Knolech) to learn their secrets (Probably requires more skill in the force)
- Learn about interesting people and psychoanalyze them

Duty:
Reft's duty is first and foremost to himself. As someone who still values some of the ideals of the sith, he is quick to follow his natural inclination and take care of himself first.
Reft feels a duty to Lord Trayce to avenge her death at the hands of Death Erust.
He also feels like he has a duty to Garyul, if the old knight is still alive.

Starting Location:

Reft Dul would start on Praxima.

Character Sheet

Alrighty, I managed to get the application in before bedtime (Kind of). I had a lot of fun writing this guy, so I hope he's not a dud (If he is you guys should tell me so I can tweak him!).

The current picture is a placeholder, but I feel like it fits the character somewhat well. It was the best image for a Sith Neimoidian I could find that wasn't super distinct or wearing a mask of some sort.

I feel like I'm happy with where the background and info are, if you approve of them Arkaon. I know I built a fair bit of lore for this to stand on with some of the Sith things, but I tried to set them up in a way so that you could take the reigns on them and use them for your story, or sweep them under the rug without it being a big deal if you so wanted.

I still need to finish up the character sheet, but I'm mostly done with it. I should upload it sometime tomorrow if all goes to plan.

Last edited by Crocartes; 03-03-2020 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-03-2020, 04:36 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1026
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Sorry for the delay, I was wrapping my head around the droid charachter creation..

To make my life easier I was thinking of taking up one of the stock models droid (the basic R2 model) but it says that I have to take it as is (with 500cr to spend) but it actually starts with 2 nonheroic class levels, does it mean that I can't play an astrotech droid? Or would I start with a Level Adjustment/Effective Charachter Level?

The alternative for me was to make a custon pit droid, but I literally have to put it toghether piece by piece..

The backstory changes depending on what I'll end up playing..

Last edited by Ursinorum; 03-03-2020 at 07:45 AM.
Old 03-03-2020, 04:41 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25090
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
@Crocartes

Image is great anyway, could hear the imperial march theme song while reading your app.

Last edited by MoonZar; 03-03-2020 at 05:09 AM.
Old 03-03-2020, 05:09 AM
Freelance Bum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1318
TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone
Personally, I prefer the game being set closer to the KOTOR games. In fact, the character I'm working on relies somewhat heavily on it for their backstory. Sadly, I haven't been able to play swtor yet, so I'm not as familiar with that era.

Oath Taker

Last edited by TheOneTrueClone; 03-03-2020 at 06:06 AM.
Old 03-03-2020, 08:46 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3095
Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas Eddas
As for KOTOR/SWTOR timing, I'm amiable to either.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:05 AM
For Sanguinius!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3943
Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocartes View Post
[FIELDSET="Crocartes Application"]Alrighty, I managed to get the application in before bedtime (Kind of). I had a lot of fun writing this guy, so I hope he's not a dud (If he is you guys should tell me so I can tweak him!).

The current picture is a placeholder, but I feel like it fits the character somewhat well. It was the best image for a Sith Neimoidian I could find that wasn't super distinct or wearing a mask of some sort.

I feel like I'm happy with where the background and info are, if you approve of them Arkaon. I know I built a fair bit of lore for this to stand on with some of the Sith things, but I tried to set them up in a way so that you could take the reigns on them and use them for your story, or sweep them under the rug without it being a big deal if you so wanted.

I still need to finish up the character sheet, but I'm mostly done with it. I should upload it sometime tomorrow if all goes to plan.
Firstly, definitely not a dud. A very in depth and great application. Secondly, I am always appreciative of player-crafted plot hooks that I can exploit. I am very much a fan of ensuring that personal story lines run alongside the main plot.

Marking you as complete, though I will of course wait for your character sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursinorum View Post
Sorry for the delay, I was wrapping my head around the droid charachter creation..

To make my life easier I was thinking of taking up one of the stock models droid (the basic R2 model) but it says that I have to take it as is (with 500cr to spend) but it actually starts with 2 nonheroic class levels, does it mean that I can't play an astrotech droid? Or would I start with a Level Adjustment/Effective Charachter Level?

The alternative for me was to make a custon pit droid, but I literally have to put it toghether piece by piece..

The backstory changes depending on what I'll end up playing..
I was going to PM, but this might be useful to anyone else creating a droid character.

The rules on Page 186 - 187 of the Saga Edition Core Rulebook go through the process in depth, but they can be a touch confusing. I've not really used droids before, and so it took me a bit to get it. Firstly let me say that taking an existing series model droid is mostly as is, but not completely. You ultimately have 3 options here, though realistically you are probably better off taking the second or third options. I shall include the first option for the benefit of others who are considering droids.

Option 1 - would be to take the Astromech and drop/remove components to reduce your cost enough so as to be able to purchase the additional heroic level (+1500). So you would need to remove 1000 credits worth of starting components from the Stock R2 unit in order to afford the heroic level. This would mean that you start the game with 3000 xp, as you would be a 3rd level character. Honestly with the R2 unit, that's not really workable, as by my calculations it doesn't have 1000 credits worth of components to actually remove.

Option 2 - you could instead create a custom droid under the rules and simply buy the components as listed on the R2 entry on page 198. The benefit here is that you can start with one heroic class level. Your droid is essentially programmed as a heroic class from the day it is created. No messing about with non-heroic levels and such. You just select the 2nd Degree Droid racial traits as listed. This way, you can actually roll your stats (excluding Constitution of course). The benefit here is that you have a bit of extra customisability, you avoid crazy costs due to adding a heroic level on top of non-heroic levels, and you can start taking talents and feats from first level, rather than missing out on the ones you do not get because of the two Non-heroic class levels imposed by a stock R2 unit.

For example, you are given 1000 credits to create your droid with. If we take the R2 entry as our shopping list, then:

The total cost of locomotion (Wheeled, Walking and Limited Flying) is 500 credits , and you get a rebate of 160 credits from your tracked locomotion (included as a custom droid). Current spend = 340/1000 credits.

You already have two arm appendages included, so your claw is covered, and you actually get a rebate for the second arm appendage (+40 credits). Current spend = 300/1000 credits.

Your Heuristic processor is included as standard at no cost.

Magnetic feet will cost you 2x Walking Locomotion cost (80 credits) so that's 160 credits. Current Spend = 460/1000 credits.

The 6 tool appendages would only cost you a further 120 credits. Current Spend = 580/1000 credits.

This leaves you with 420 credits to spend on additional goodies for your Astromech.

Option 3 - is to utilise the Astromech Chassis as a species and build up your Astromech from there. This is outlined on Page 10 of the Scavengers Guide to Droids, but essentially lets you take the R2 unit, all its traits (ability modifiers, size, speed, droid traits etc) and removes things like the Non heroic levels (thus allowing you to take 1 heroic level in your desired class- excluding Jedi of course). It is the easiest, but will essentially mean that any creation modifications you want to make must be paid for from your class starting credits. Quicker and easier, but less customisable.

Hopefully this helps, but if you require further assistance, hit me up with a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneTrueClone View Post
Personally, I prefer the game being set closer to the KOTOR games. In fact, the character I'm working on relies somewhat heavily on it for their backstory. Sadly, I haven't been able to play swtor yet, so I'm not as familiar with that era.
Ok, as much as I love the SWTOR era, seeing that two characters at least have their backstory referencing events in KOTOR and everyone else doesn't seem to mind, and being that is the date I originally set, I am going to keep the timeline where it is. To be honest apart from geopolitical boundaries and individual events not particularly relevant to our game, there isn't a lot to separate the two time periods anyway. Not enough to warrant a shift if people have invested into the current set time period. So, we will remain at 3943 BBY.

Last edited by Arkaon; 03-03-2020 at 09:48 AM.
Old 03-03-2020, 12:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 135
Vesper Vesper
Application
Name: Thalia Raan (Thali'araan)

Species: Twi'lek

Class: Noble

Description: Thalia is a beautiful, young Twi'lek woman with long lekku, dark eyes and violet skin. A large patch on her back that extends down her left leg is a subtle shade lighter in color, the only evidence of a grievous injury that she barely recovered from. Her shapely, toned figure is evidence of the time she spends staying in shape and it has helped her catch more than a few opponents off-guard. She often wears a myriad of tattoos although they are all temporary.

Character Traits/Personality: Thalia 's personality is a chameleon. She acts fun loving and playful for the most part and timid when she is 'supposed' to be but it is all a facade. The harsh lessons of her life have made her very calculating and her mind is always plotting. She would not call herself cold however, the few friends she has are very dear to her and she hates to see people being mistreated and abhors slavery.

Goals/Motivation: Thalia’s overriding goal and duty is to find and rescue her younger brothers but she also plans on bringing the pirates and the company that hired them to justice. That justice doesn’t have to be through legal means either, she is perfectly happy to administer it through the end of her blaster.

Duty: To her family and friends. Friends were scarce during her time as a slave but there were a couple who helped her adjust and eased the pain and loneliness. Anyone Thalia considers a friend she will go out of her way for and try to help them.

Starting location: Praxima (Per end of background)

Last edited by Vesper; 03-06-2020 at 12:35 AM.
Old 03-03-2020, 02:33 PM
Hail To Hoots!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1953
Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes Crocartes
Glad to hear some of you guys like the concept so far! I'm curious to see how he'll end up interacting with the others, and what they'll think of him during the prologue.

@Arkaon: The character sheet has been finished and I have attached a link to it at the bottom of the application box. I did give him force lightning as a force power - and while this may not seem like it fits given his relatively low force proficiency, the plan is to save it for a rainy (Emotional) day of character development.
Old 03-03-2020, 03:09 PM
Cleaner of the Royal Butt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2256
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkaon
Firstly, definitely not a dud. A very in depth and great application. Secondly, I am always appreciative of player-crafted plot hooks that I can exploit. I am very much a fan of ensuring that personal story lines run alongside the main plot.
I was just about to ask about this, and also if you want any of the details I put into Iisao's backstory changed to fit into the main plot better then feel free to let me know!

Also, Croc, Reft seems boss as. Don't worry about him being a dud. Neimoidians unite!
Old 03-03-2020, 07:30 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 280
Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth Jenny Greenteeth
application
Name: Vulensyil ven Katanya yvn Otsenvilya orva Jatinyakelski (informally Katanya)

Species: Human

Class: Noble

Description: A small, slender woman dressed in antique, but very finely made clothing. She wears a crude, but intricately decorated slugthrower pistol on her right hip while the left holds a small, slender sheathed sword with an elaborate guard. The spectacles on her face suggest a lack of access to modern corrective surgery.

Personality: Curious, friendly and pleasant, but slightly arrogant. Definitely a geek.

Motivation: Acquire a hyperspace capable ship and as much technological knowledge as possible.

Background: The planet Kartev, until very recently, has remained out of contact with the rest of the galaxy for thousands of years. Most of the nations of Kartev are ruled by a noble caste of force sensitive sorcerers. Kartev had achieved a level of technology more or less equivalent to late Victorian era Earth. Then, five years ago, Kartev was discovered by the Duros smuggler Vassa Keeg.
Since then Keeg and the noble house he has been trading with, House Valensya, have been getting very rich. Many people are worried that House Valensya is going to be making a play for the throne. There are signs of war on the horizon, as other nations grow nervous as House Valensya's military might grows.
I was born into the minor noble house of Vulensyil twenty years ago. As a noble I was trained in the arts of sorcery from a young age, though I was always more interested in the academic pursuits and enrolled in the University of Padeska, rather than joining the military or going to court as most nobles do. Most of the students and professors at the University are growing increasingly worried about the effects of the growing inbalance of power from trading with the smuggler on the worlds and fear war is soon to come. Six months ago, my friends and I came up with a plan. We gathered as much of the rare metals that the smuggler has been trading for as possible and have used it to bribe one of his crew, a female Twi'lek named Dahna Cortel, into smuggling one of us out of the system to try and acquire a ship and as much technological knowledge as possible to take back to the University so we can build our technology up and go into the stars ourselves.
I was chosen to be the one smuggled on board for three reasons. First I was the smallest of all of us and the easiest to hide, also, as a sorcerer I would be able to defend myself far more easily and lastly, I had produced the lion's share of the bribe. The trip has been luckily uneventful and we are even now landing at our destination. Soon my adventure begins.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Katanya(small).png
Views:	110
Size:	319.3 KB
ID:	83521  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SW-saga-edition-character-sheet_Katanya.pdf (3.07 MB, 7 views)

Last edited by Jenny Greenteeth; 03-21-2020 at 06:35 AM.
Old 03-03-2020, 08:32 PM
For Sanguinius!

Tools
User Statistics
Noted as complete Vesper, thanks for the application. Welcome Jenny, and thank you for your interest!

Ok folks, I think we are just about set to start off the prologues. I will be looking to launch these prologues by the end of the weekend. Those selected for the Prologue thus far are:

Praxima Off-World
Maya Sheridan Debbie Doe
Dax Aldar Iiaso Sheng
Dinek Blen Qual
Reft Dul
Thali'araan  

Please Note- Those still working on applications will still have an opportunity to be involved in the prologue. I would just like to get things rolling in the next few days. Given the amount of quality applications still being worked on, I am actually going to open up an additional spot on each prologue. At any rate, the initial part of the prologue will likely be social introductions/interactions, so there is still time to finish off the applications and get included from the beginning.

I will be creating the Prologue threads in the next day or two, so please feel free to start as soon as the link is provided to you. I will send each of you PMs with a small information packet about what your character may or may not know about their starting circumstances.

Thanks again everyone for your amazing applications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocartes View Post
Glad to hear some of you guys like the concept so far! I'm curious to see how he'll end up interacting with the others, and what they'll think of him during the prologue.

@Arkaon: The character sheet has been finished and I have attached a link to it at the bottom of the application box. I did give him force lightning as a force power - and while this may not seem like it fits given his relatively low force proficiency, the plan is to save it for a rainy (Emotional) day of character development.
Noted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentil Sponge View Post
I was just about to ask about this, and also if you want any of the details I put into Iisao's backstory changed to fit into the main plot better then feel free to let me know!

Also, Croc, Reft seems boss as. Don't worry about him being a dud. Neimoidians unite!
I will leave it for now, and we can discuss this further if you should happen to be successful in being accepted into the final party make-up at the end of the Prologues.
Old 03-03-2020, 08:40 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 135
Vesper Vesper
I really like the Prologue idea for ultimately choosing the group. Depending on how many applications there are for Praxima vs. Offworld you could always have Thalia still on the way there if it helps balance the groups. I'm good with either and eager to roleplay her.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by Vesper; 03-03-2020 at 08:45 PM.
Old 03-03-2020, 08:41 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25090
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Great, can Maya have "Reft Dul" as her psychologist? He likes beautiful and complex mind.

Last edited by MoonZar; 03-03-2020 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-03-2020, 08:47 PM
For Sanguinius!

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper View Post
I really like the Prologue idea for ultimately choosing the group. Depending on how many applications there are for Praxima vs. Offworld you could always have Thalia still on the way there if it helps balance the groups. I'm good with either and eager to roleplay her.

Good luck to everyone!
I may well switch you across. I will wait to see who comes through with applications in the next day or two, and go from there.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:02 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9069
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Alright, I'll be looking forward to it

I rewrote out Debbi's description to include her gear and used T-tags to add descriptors to all her gear and information on her weapons. Also added pics to the weapons

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Fri: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE from April 10th to the 26th...unless I get board! :p