Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1428
Mack Mack Mack Mack Mack Mack Mack Mack Mack Mack
Twisted Tales

Game NameTwisted Tales
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeHeroes brought to a new world to save it.
FlavourYou were minding your own business when you were teleported to a new world. You have been given the task of saving it from the evil queen who rules it. The idea for this game is to take out fairy tales that we know and twist them. Along the way, you will acquire a castle to fix up and populate. Like from the Suikoden.
Plot Summary
The HookYou wake up with a pounding headache. You try to think back to how you got here. The harder you think, the more you come up with nothing. All you get is the pounding in your head. You can tell that you are in a comfortable bed. The padding in it fits your body perfectly. You even have a pillow, that is a rarity. You take to listen to your surroundings. You hear a pitter-patter. You think what is that sound? *Pitter-patter* It seems familiar *pitter-patter* Your head hurts too much to think more about it. You decide it is time to see what you can see. You open your eyes and the light floods into your eyes. Your head pounds even more and you quickly close your eyes. You open them slowly this time. You are in a stone room. You see the windows on the north and south side of the room. Rain is pounding on the window. *pitter-patter* A dim light shines in through the window. You sit up in the bed and see three other beds in the room with other people in it. Just as you think about heading to one of the other people a bright blue light comes from the middle of the room. A blue glowing ball of light floats there and you hear the voice of a man. He sounds old but wise, "I am sorry to meet you in this way and for bringing you here in this way. I am the great wizard Merlin. I have called for great heroes such as yourself. The land is in terrible peril and you are our only chance of a happy ending. I had to bring you from another world because we cannot do anything to fight this evil. A spell has been placed on the land to prevent us from standing up against the Queen. I would love to meet you in person and give you more information. Head north out of the cottage and you will come to a great river. Follow it west and you will find a tower. That is where I am. I will give you a warning though, outside my tower is a..." The message ends and the blue light fades away. You see all the others in the room are awake and have heard the same message.

DetailsNumber of Players: 4
Post Rate: At least once per week, more is okay.
Starting Level: 1st, max HP
Starting Gear/Gold: What is stated for your class and background
Ability Scores: No ability over 15 at first level before applying racial bonuses. 27 Point Buy.
Accepted Books:
  • PHB
  • Xanathar's Guide to Everything
  • Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide
Other notes:
  • Must have a profession in something. I feel it helps with story purposes. You never know when it will come in hand.:
  • No Psionics
  • No Evil Classes
  • Remember you are level one. You are not a great hero of a great war. More likely a guy who got tired of selling arrows and decided to make a name for himself :-P
Due Date: March 18th

The ApplicationCharacter Name:
Race:
Class:
Description:
Personality:
Background:
  • Trait 1:
  • Trait 2:
  • Ideal:
  • Bond:
  • Flaw:

Character History:
In Character Writing Sample:

About MeI have been playing D&D for close to 13 years. I have a background in 3.5 and I am new to 5e. This will be my first time DMing a 5e game. Please be gracious with me as I learn from this side of the screen.
Old 03-08-2020, 10:25 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
PlayerCharacterRaceClassApproved
delpinatorCorhominHalf-ElfPaladinWIP
XionGoldanna AshenforgeDwarfFighterReviewed
CheshireCreedTieflingRangerReviewed
Aquawolf238TanurHalf-OrcBardReviewed
KarlCullinaneJarnus HoothwaiHumanMonkReviewed
davkerrithFaldor the TravellerHumanWizardReviewed
penbeast0Ghelryn GemcutterHill DwarfCleric of LightReviewed
PsychicNomadEilin FinwaenWood ElfStorm SorceressWIP
OtherwiseAppleNina Aluwyse Tamble BloomheartForest GnomeDruidReviewed
CarverDakon SkaarkinshBrass DragonbornPaladinReviewed
Silent RainRovert Ansell HumanFighterReviewed
The Dark StarVinko HodsonStout HalflingBarbarianReviewed

Last edited by Mack; 03-19-2020 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:44 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1612
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
The Application
Character Name: Corhomin
Race: half-elf
Class: paladin
Description:
Personality:
Background: solider (squire)
  • Trait 1:
    I’ve lost too many friends, and I’m slow to make new ones.
  • Trait 2:
    I’m always polite and respectful.
  • Ideal:
    My allegiance is to the crown may the everlight remain strong.
  • Bond:
    I would still lay down my life for the people I served with.
  • Flaw:
    I struggle with pride and I’d rather eat my armor than admit when I’m wrong.
Character History:

Last edited by delpinator; 03-08-2020 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:57 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 200
Xion Xion Xion
The Apllication
Character Name: Goldanna Ashenforge
Race: Dwarf
Class: Fighter
Description: Goldanna stands at about 4 feet 5 inches, pretty average for a Female Dwarf, her red hair is kept up in a bun, to keep it out of her light blue eyes. She weighs a measly 150 pounds, lighter than most Dwarves.

Personality: Goldanna is an excitable dwarf. yearning for excitement and can always be trusted to lend a hand.
Background: Guild Artisan (Smithing Guild)

Trait 1: I like to talk at length about my profession.
Trait 2: I believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right.
Ideal: Aspiration. I work hard to be the best there is at my craft.
right-aligned image

Bond: One day I will return to my guild and prove that I am the greatest artisan of them all.
Flaw: I'm horribly jealous of anyone who can outshine my handiwork.

Character History: Goldanna Grew up in a smithing Guild. Raised to practice crafting weapons and armor at an anvil and Forge. The smithing Guild took care of her, Teaching her how to use hammers not only for crafting, but as a weapon as well, and she took to it quickly.
Being on the cusp of adulthood, Goldanna left the comforts of her guild, to seek the world and craft herself a fortune.

Clank! Clank!

Goldanna's hammer strikes the anvil at full force, shaping the blade currently gripped in her other hand.
The small Dwarf has already lost track of time, completely absorbed in her work.

"Your still up an at it huh?" a voice comes from the door. Goldanna looks over, her fellow guild member Ograin was leaning against the door watching her.

Putting down her hammer, the Dwarf reaches up and brushes the sweat off her brow. "Well..You know." Goldanna says with a shrug. " The Market day will be here soon and everyone is depending on the shipment. "

Ograin chuckles "The Markets not for another few weeks, what, are you That behind?"

Goldanna looks at him with a grin "Perfection takes time." Turning away from him, Goldanna picks up her hammer and continues her work.

"Just don't push yourself too hard." Ograin mutters with a yawn, leaving from where he came in.

Last edited by Xion; 03-10-2020 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-09-2020, 05:50 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 692
Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire
Application
Name: Creed https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=84033
Race: Tiefling (Feral)
Class: Ranger

Personality: Creed is generally a more quiet person, more interested in taking in his surroundings and looking for danger that making small talk. He in always focused on his target and the next step to get closer to whatever it is that he is hunting.
Description Creed is a young tiefling with red skin and two horns swept back over his head. His jet black hair and black eyes as dark as the shadows he hunts his prey from. Standing at 5 foot 8 inches tall with a prehensile tail.
Background: Bounty Hunter
right-aligned image

Personality Traits: 1) I am always calm, I never let my emotions control me.
2) I always have a plan for when things go wrong.
Ideal: 1) Reputation is everything, I will do anything to complete the bounty.
2) I will not kill women or children, they will be brought in alive at any cost.
Bond: I want to become the greatest bounty hunter that ever lived.
Flaw: When forced to choose between my target and my friends I will always pick my target

Backstory: Creed worked for a short time as a sell sword, One contract he picked up was to find a missing person. From then on he would only take on contracts to find or follow people. It didn't matter how little the job paid he would not leave a contract open. When he came to this world, he felt lost and alone. He never wanted anyone to feel that way if he could do something about it. Vowing never to let anything happen to children he was sent to find.

In character writing sample:
The glint of the dagger on the child's neck caught Creed's attention. If the bounty hunter made the wrong move, the child's life would be in danger. His timing had to be perfect. From his vantage point on the roof over looking the scene of the cornered bandit, Creed found his opening. Drawing his arrow back across his longbow the ranger waiting for the opening to appear again. "There is my chance."

Breathing heavily the bandit was looking more and more nervous and desperate. Time was getting short. Sweat beads began to make their way to his eyes. With the arm that held the dagger, he whipped his brow. That was his fatal mistake. Creed grinned. "You are mine now."

From the roof top the arrow was let loose. Out of the shadows with deadly accuracy the arrow sailed toward the back of the bandits neck at the base of the skull. There was a thud and the man went limp. With tears in his eyes the child ran. "You are safe now child." The ranger whispered.

Last edited by Cheshire; 03-09-2020 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-09-2020, 10:04 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
Aquawolf238 Aquawolf238
Application
Name: Tanur

Race: Half-Orc

Class: Bard

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Description: Tanur takes after his human side more than his orx side. He is fairly small for a half-orc, with greenish grey skin. He has dark green, almost brown looking hair that brushes against the tips of his ears. He has blue eyes and his larger incisors are only noticable if he opens his mouth or smiles. He is thin, but not necissarily fit.

Personality: Tanur is very freindly with just about everybody. He likes to talk to people and get to know them. He can get upset if someone is rude to him or ignores him, as he tries his hardest to be friendly and expects the same in kind. If stressed or sad he becomes very talkative, often times rambling about complete nonsense or childhood tales that are completly made up in order to distract other people or even himself from what is going on.

Background:Entertainer- Storyteller

Trait 1: I know a story relevant to almost every situation.

Trait 2: Nobody stays angry at me or around me for long, since I can defuse any amount of tension.

Ideal: I like seeing the smiles on people's faces when I perform. That's all that matters.

Bond: I idolize a hero of the old tales and measure my deeds against that person's.

Flaw: I have trouble keeping my feelings hidden. I wear my heart on my sleeve.

Character History: Tanur grew up with his mother in her Orc Tribe. When he as a teenager he wanted to go and learn about his human side. Neither his mother, nor the other Orcs tried to stop him from leaving. He went off to find a small town and began working at a general store for a human man named Mr. Teener. He turned out to be a wonderful saleman, gaining the good graces of many of the customers with his charm and often times was able to sell items for more than their worth because of his friendly nature. He didn't mind working at the shop, despite his low wages, but always imagined more for himself.

Old 03-09-2020, 12:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 800
KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane

Things to Remember #1: When attempting to bluff ones way out of an old bar bill, it is not wise to yell Tab?! TAB?!! I have been in this bar before, ye drunken lout!
As the Troll Master Chef was wont to say : There's no Race like Gnome, for the Hollendaise.

Last edited by KarlCullinane; 03-09-2020 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-09-2020, 01:19 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
You can be transported from any world. This way you can have an open backstory but not having to have that place in the world you will be in.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:34 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 267
davkerrith davkerrith davkerrith
Faldor Application
left-aligned image
Character Name: Faldor the Traveller
Race: Human
Class: Wizard
Description: The well traveled man commonly known as Faldor among those who have made his acquaintance is often described as a well built man of average height. His dark brown hair falls over his ears in a mildly managed mane that leads down into his short beard of the same color. His heavy eyebrows cover the deep set brown eyes that sir to the sides of his prominent nose that takes up the center of his face. As he spends most of his time traveling, he can be found wearing a sturdy cloak and leather boots that have seen their fair share of sun. A tunic and a pair of heavy fabric pants finish the look, blending easily with other travelers on the road.
Personality: Having done a fair bit of traveling now, but without accomplishing much on his own, Faldor has the voice and personality of a father figure. He feels the need to help others, often hoping that such a sentiment radiates outward. When brought to anger, in contrast to his kindly face, he can be brought to great outrage and fury, although it is often only through words and not action.
Background: Sage (Specialty: Researcher)
  • Trait 1:
    I've read every book in the world's greatest libraries - or I like to boast that I have.
  • Trait 2:
    I'm used to helping out those who aren't as smart as I am, and I patiently explain anything and everything to others.
  • Ideal:
    Knowledge: The Path to power and self-improvement is through knowledge (Neutral).
  • Bond:
    My life's work is a series of tomes related to a specific field of lore.
  • Flaw:
    I overlook obvious solutions in favor of complicated ones.

Character History: A former apprentice to the travelling mage known as Calagory, Falmor spent much of his young life on the road, travelling between towns and cities. They traveled far and wide, bringing research and journals between other scholars. Calagory's particular field of research was myths and legends, specifically the appearance of repeating constants. In many stories told throughout various villages and provinces creatures of highly similar nature, or heroes that preformed nearly identical deeds. Calagory's goal was piece together the stories in an attempt to identify their origins. It was an interesting pursuit, and it brought Famlor to many places that he would otherwise have never seen. The day came when he was told that it was time for him to set out on his own. Knowing that practical experience was necessary, he has since began to travel on his own, seeking to extend his knowledge, and perhaps find a pursuit of his own.

Resting at a table near to the fire, Falmor took a large swallow of his ale as he went back to his journal, attempting to keep track of even the more mundane events of his journey to town. With quill in hand and well of ink on the table, he labored over the meticulous scroll of his text. His handwriting was practiced and clear, but the context of what he wrote was drab and boring. Of course that was his intention, for him it would be easy to go back through and pick out the important details, but for anyone else interested in drawing at the information it contained, it would require time and effort, that he hoped would dispel casual observation or anyone not dedicated to stealing what he has learned. He spent a time doing that, writing and drinking, and before he knew it, he saw that his mug was empty. With a glance around, he saw the the wife of the tavern owner and he waved her over, asking for another one.

Old 03-09-2020, 03:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 800
KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane
Works for me, dude. Application applied to the previous statements I have made. Full character sheet with details appended beneath first Spoilerbutton.
Things to Remember #1: When attempting to bluff ones way out of an old bar bill, it is not wise to yell Tab?! TAB?!! I have been in this bar before, ye drunken lout!
As the Troll Master Chef was wont to say : There's no Race like Gnome, for the Hollendaise.
Old 03-09-2020, 11:50 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1048
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Ghelryn Gemcutter
left-aligned image

Race: Hill Dwarf
Class: Cleric of Light (Sune)

Description: Slightly above average height, Ghelrym is almost a stereotype of a guild artisan. He keeps in shape with exactly 1 glass of exercise each morning, noon, and night. His meals are precisely limited by careful portion control to keep his energy levels up and his beard is always curled and cut (and dyed a careful blonde as it is starting to show grey). His looks are slightly marred by the stooped shoulders and myopic gaze which requires him to hold his work very close to see fine detail but that comes with the craft.

Personality:Neat, precise, fussy to those who don't like him. Ghelryn is a craftsman who pays attention to the details both in his work and his personal life. Always meticulously dressed, armor polished, each tool put away in its proper spot before the next one is removed, this is the only way to achieve what limited perfection a craftsman can aspire to. Sloppy habits lead to sloppy work and that is as close to anathema to Ghelryn as is vandalism or ugliness.

Background: Guild Artisan: He is the treasurer of the jewelers and gemcutters guild in Waterhaven.
Trait 1: Perfectionist: I believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right.
Trait 2: Rudeness: I don't suffer those who lack my commitment to hard work and fair play gladly.
Ideal: Aspiration: I work hard to be the best there is at my craft and yet as I approach middle age, I wonder if I am doing enough to spread the faith of Sune.
Bond: I owe my guild a great debt for forging me into the person I am today. This is why I am active in guild politics including taking on thankless jobs like Guild Treasurer.
Flaw: Suspicious: I'm quick to assume that someone is trying to cheat me. The world is full of people who try to take advantage if you give them a chance.

Character History:A great crash disturbs Ghelryn as he is taking a meditation break from his crafting. "Oh my goodness. Whatever could that be?" he thought to himself. Still, the teakettle of the 10 piece silver tea set was finished as well as 3 of the cups and the outline of the fourth, the remainder was precise but not terribly creative or taxing work and could be finished later. Taking off his crafting apron and hanging it on the proper hook, he redraped his holy symbol precisely in the center of his forest green surcote, checked his beard in the silvered mirror, and stepped outside for a look.

Looking around, he couldn't see anything for the dust and disruption, but he did hear a bearded bardic sort of fellow tell a tall ratty looking axeman that it must be giant trouble.

"Ah, should have known". The tall folk of stone were getting too big for their oversized britches again it seemed. No more jewelwork for a bit he sighed to himself, and went back inside. There, he proceeded to hang up his robe, change into his freshly stoned armor, and get his warhammer and crossbow from their neat pegs on his tool wall.

Then he carefully set the trigger wires on the door and window traps, double locked his shop, and set forth in the direction the bearded fellow had gone since that person seemed to have some clue as to what was going on.

Last edited by penbeast0; 03-09-2020 at 11:55 PM.
Old 03-10-2020, 02:41 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 54
PsychicNomad

Name: Eilín Finwáen
Alignment: CG
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Storm Sorceress

Appearance
Eilín is a young woman full of energy and passion. She wears clothes she likes, and though she thrives to be practical, the sorceress does not miss an opportunity to enjoy what she is wearing. Her elven face is still smooth but more weather-beaten than your regular chiselled elven features and her long hair flows around in the wind whenever possible. Unless it's freezing, she lets it go free. She prefers little jewellery, but those she wears have dynamic arcs and colors, not some static beauty.

Personality
Eilín has a wild and free spirit. From time to time she likes to slow down and look back on the past, but that's only because she was taught to do so. She can commit herself to both people and causes, but she is always on the lookout to trying new things. Food, magic, company, fun, places. She sees her magical gift as something to be done and used, not just studied and recorded.
However, patience is not her strong streak, and she is prone to getting edgy when there's nothing to do for a long time. She can get excited about the thrill of the hunt, and did her share of stalking the prey and making the kill (both with bow and magic), but waiting for something to happen for days or weeks gets her antsy.

Background
WiP
Old 03-11-2020, 02:09 AM
老龍

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4088
arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios
Madrigal, withdraws to a mystical realm by means arcane and mysterious.

Last edited by arguilios; 03-16-2020 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Application Withdrawn
Old 03-11-2020, 04:24 AM
Owlbear Oracle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 361
OtherwiseApple OtherwiseApple OtherwiseApple OtherwiseApple
Application status: Ready for Review

left-aligned image
Character Name: Nina Aluwyse Tamble Bloomheart
AKA: Bramble
Race: Forest Gnome
Class: Druid
Alignment: CG
Background: Guild Artisan, Florist. Member of the Herbalist and Gardener's guild in Waterdeep. Works closely with event planners and gardeners. Has friends who work with the Emerald Enclave.

Description: Before you stands a diminutive young woman garbed in a practical, brown and green cotton dress, with boots up to her thighs... Bramble is a typical example of her kith, at least so much as her height is concerned. She exudes a kind of infectious energy with her beaming smile and the child-like glimmer of excitement in her big blue eyes. Aside from her overall pleasant demeanour and clean countenance, Bramble dresses practically in a durable dress and smock, soft leather boots and a hooded brown and green coat with many pockets. Her shock green hair is sure to cause a stir in any room.

Personality: To put it lightly, Bramble loves life. She loves being alive and believes everyday she wakes up and is able to embrace the things she loves is a gift from the Gods. Bramble is a "perky" individual to say the least with a glass-half-full attitude towards her life. She has a natural curiousity for the world around her which she expresses through artistic depictions of new things she encounters, especially when it comes to her chosen specialty in rearing and arranging plants. She feels a deep bond with the plants that she works with on a daily basis and although not the most dedicated druid, she does feel to compel to protect and preserve Life where it cannot defend itself. Her desire to grow her craft and experience as much of what life has to offer does manifest itself in more selfish ways too. Although generally good spirited, she feels entitled to more and more discoveries and belongings as she finds them.

History: Bramble is not a native of Waterdeep; she arrived in the city well into her 30s, accompanied by several cousins of hers whom were seeking the fresh excitement of a new home. The young group of creative gnomes were drawn to the opportunities that such a city represented, with Bramble's cousins being naturally drawn towards tinkering and construction-based guilds. Bramble favoured a more natural approach to life; she looked around at the city, with its sparse plantlife so coveted by the wealthy and saw an opportunity. Not only to make money but to spread the nature she had grown up with in her small home village to the Harbour city.

The niche she was looking for came not from the city's Emerald Enclave branch, but from a newly established guild of gardener's and herbalists. Although Bramble did not fit neatly into either of these categories, falling somewhere between the two, she was able to join the guild. Thus began the process of proving that breeding, cultivating and arranging flowers was a worthy Artisinal pursuit. Although the perfumes she could make from some of her flowers certainly didn't go amiss in proving her craft. The years rolled by in a procession of parties, work and socialising as Bramble found her feet in a place so far from her home. She is no stranger to reestablishing herself in a new place.

For the most part though, Bramble's life in Waterdeep is a quiet one. She finds frequent work for the wealthy and middling classes and more recently has started to decorate Summer shop windows.

In full bloom❁ Trait 1: Talkative. Bramble can talk at length to just about anyone about topics which interest her.
❁ Trait 2: Curious. Bramble's fascination with nature verges on a fault. She can lose hours just in documenting new plants.
❁ Ideal: Freedom. Everyone should be free to pursue his or her own livelihood
❁ Bond: Bramble owes her guild a great debt for forging her into the person she is today.
❁ Flaw: Bramble is never satisfied with what she has – she always wants more.

"Well, golly! They'll buy from us if they want the best." She enthused as she sat herself down on her muddy worktable to get a better look at the blonde fussing over a planter of petunias. Bramble folded her arms over her chest decisively, and continued to cut off the other florist before he could continue speaking "The guild supports us all equally, but who else has such an understanding of colour, and tone as well as the know-how to grow these flowers? I mean, we have stuff here from all the way across the world."

"B-buh--"

"No buts! With the spread we have this month, we'll secure the wedding contract. You worry too much." Bramble leaned forward where she was sat and cracked a smile, clearly believing every word that she was saying. Typical gnome. Even when she was being serious, Bramble expressed everything in a playful and light tone. Thus, when no further arguments were offered by her colleague, she hopped down from her perch with a soft thmp.

With a flurry of activity, Bramble began to pack up her things for the day into her coat pockets before pulling it on. Her notebook went here, charcoal there... She patted her coin purse were it rested on her belt before skipping towards the door "Everything will be fine. I have all things in good order~! Now, I think there was something else I meant to do today." The bell above the door chimed cheerfully as she stepped out into the street.

Last edited by OtherwiseApple; 03-11-2020 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:02 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 162
Carver Carver
Very interested to see what you have planned if I get picked. Good look to everyone putting a character forward.

Character Application
right-aligned image
Character Profile

Character Name: Dakon Skaarkinsh
Race: Brass Dragonborn
Class: Paladin

Description: On first glance, you wonder what you've done to offend Dakon. Beyond brass scales this Dragonborn wears resentment on his features and holds a hard stare with his yellow eyes when he meets your gaze. Clad in armor, he upholds a strong and intimidating appearance with his large figure. The greatsword in his hands and the cigar he chews on appear to be the only things he cares about. A blue cloak hangs from his shoulders, a memento of a brother he no longer has.

Personality: Sometimes standoffish and other times blunt, Dakon remains fierce when it comes to work. He clamours to strike down threats without relief, while making sure he is not responsible for the loss of an ally. Something in his past makes the Dragonborn carry anger with him, and if he can't release his rage on the battlefield, the wrong trigger can make him volatile.

Background: City watch
  • Trait 1: Violence is my first answer to any problem. Violence is also my second answer if the problem remains.
  • Trait 2: I protect those at my side, no one falls while under my protection.
  • Ideal: Evil is a blight on this land that should be eradicated.
  • Bond: My brother lost his life because I made the wrong choice, I will forever be striving to make up for this mistake.
  • Flaw: I judge others harshly and myself even more so.

Character History: Dakon came up in Ravnica, and with his brother served as a protector for the city. He aligned himself with the brutish Boros Legion while his brother, Dakar, operated with the more methodical Azorius Senate. The Paladin became proficient with shows of force and thuggish intimidation, but grew dissatisfied with his compensation, especially when better offers came along. Dakon accepted bribes in exchange for advising a smuggling ring and creating holes for them to travel to. Life was all well and good, until the Dragonborn unexpectedly sent smugglers in the direction of his brother, who in resulting encounter, lost his life.

Dakon spiraled into an angry pit, blaming himself and releasing his aggression on everything around him. At his lowest point he found Torm, a god of war, courage and self sacrifice. With that Dakon found purpose, smiting evil doers and ensuring mistakes like his cost no more lives. With renewed vigor, Dakon has become quite a loud force of good, unrelenting in his quest of vengeance, and an ideal pick for someone who needs a hero.

Dakon SkaarkinshDakon's right hand reached toward his face and tried to clutch at something in front of his mouth. Instinctively he tried again before finding the features of his face and leading the Dragonborn to a realisation. He didn't have his cigar.

Nor was he in a position to have one. His second biggest inconvenience was a pounding headache and the realisation that his bed was not his own. He snarled and snorted, felt flame lick at the back of his throat as he thought about releasing his frustration. Then he furrowed his brow, trying to remember how he got here.

Alongside the explanation from the suddenly present Merlin, Dakon was clutching at his most recent memories. It was late. He'd finished his watch for the day. A few drinks with the boys. And... Merlin's message cut out just as the Dragonborn found his last thought.

"I had a winning hand." He held his hands up in front of him, as if he should be showing himself something. "I had a goddamn winning hand!" He swung at the sir, wishing he had something to connect with. "That wiz owes me a pot of silver." A fist pounded on the bed that he now brought himself out of, swiveling to the side and letting his taloned feet clack against the floor. Most important now was seeing what he had on his person, making sure he was both armed and armoured.

Dakon listened as the others theorised on what the wizard was trying to warn them off. "Whatever it is, it would probably look better with a sword sticking out of its head." Still feeling a sense of injustice, he was ready to pummel something like it owed him money.