RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 03-11-2020, 10:15 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5734
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
right-aligned image

Character Name: Rovert Ansell
Race: Human
Class: Plan on multiclassing into rogueFighter

Description: Rovert does little to cater to his appearance, what with his scruffy beard and unkempt dark hair down to his shoulders. A brace of daggers adorn his chest, held in leather sheaths over a suit of studded leather armor. A basic short sword is fastened at one hip, while the other sports a coiled whip.

Personality: Rovert is the last of his house, a once proud family who's lineage traces back generations in the city of Baldur's Gate. Now, the last Ansell remaining, he has a laissez faire outlook on life that some might view as depressed, but that would be inaccurate. Despite what he might have you think, Rovert cares deeply for his fellow man, especially those suffering at the hand of those that would prosper from it.

Background:
normal image without text wrap
Ansell Family Crest
Noble
Trait 1: Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood.
Trait 2: I can stare down a hell hound without flinching.
Ideal: There’s no good in pretending to be something I’m not.
Bond: I protect those who cannot protect themselves.
Flaw: My hatred of my enemies is blind and unreasoning.

Character History: His family estate in shambles, succumbed to misuse and the erosion of time, Rovert hardly ever returns, instead spending much of his time on the road. His house had been founded on the deeds and treasures earned by two heroes of some renown hundreds of years ago. From there, the family's reputation as heroes and monster slayers only grew over time. Unfortunately, their influence grew too great for some of the other less reputable noble families in the Gate. Not ones to play the political game, the Ansell family became the victim of a negative publicity campaign within the city, even going so far as to be blamed for the murder of several children , the crime scenes of which contained evidence pointing back toward the family. Over time, the Ansell's were left with little more than a crumbling estate within the city.

Rovert still plies the family trade, though he does it while on the road, often far from the city. Resigned to his life of self-imposed exile, Rovert wanders, though he has no destination in mind, helping those that ask for and more often than not, getting into fights with those that don't.

In Character Writing Sample: The large slobbering oaf attempted to seat himself at the table beside Rovert, but missed the chair completely, crashing hard onto the floor, sending the chair sprawling across the floor. Rovert rolled his eyes as he tipped his mug back.

The man's two friends began laughing uncontrollably, nearly falling out of their own chairs. One even spraying ale across the table.

"Oi," the large man on the floor exclaimed. "Innit tha' the Ansell crest," he yelled, pointing at the crest etched into the crossguard of Rovert's short sword hanging at his side.

"****," he muttered. "Really need to remember to have that filed down."

The two men at the table were standing now and peering down at what the drunkard on the floor was pointing at. Their eyes were squinting before they both went wide with recognition. "Sure is", one of the men said, spitting afterward, his mouth missing more than a couple teeth. "Looks like we got ourselves a child killer."

"Is that what it is now", Rovert asked, not bothering to hide the exhaustion he felt at being persecuted. "Look, clearly my presence offends you, so why don't I just get up an...", he started to say before the chair was kicked out from under him. His chin slammed into the edge of the table as he dropped to the floor.

"Ow," he muttered, shaking his head and spitting out some blood as he sat up. "Fine, have it your way..."

Last edited by Silent Rain; 03-19-2020 at 08:08 AM.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:12 PM
Owlbear Oracle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 361
OtherwiseApple OtherwiseApple OtherwiseApple OtherwiseApple
Bramble is completed and ready for review~
Old 03-12-2020, 09:01 AM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 957
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Dark Star's Application
right-aligned image
Character Name: Vinko Hobson
Race: Stout Halfling
Class: Barbarian (Ancestral Guardian/Zealot)

Physical Description: Vinko is 3'0" but had a wider, more muscular build than an average halfling. His skin is light and darkened a little by the sunlight. He has sharp facial features, clean shaven, a pointed chin, big slanted bright brown eyes, small nose and pointed pierced ears. He has black hair with natural streaks of gray, cut short on the sides and long on the top and back, wrapped into a tight bun.

He wears a fine beige shirt that is tucked into his large, loose fitting pants with banding wrapped tightly around his ankles, to his feet with fine black traveling leather boots and a long leather belt wrapped around his waist. Over his shirt is a oversized leather jacket that is also tucked in around his waist and his wrists are tightly wrapped.

Personality: Vinko is a fun loving, caring and determined halfling. Always looking out for others and caring for them since he was just a small boy. If you can make friends with him, which isn't hard, he will do a great deal of things for you. Some of these things are clean up after you, organize your things, clean your clothes and most importantly, cook for you. Oh he always has something to say about cooking and often tries to guess what they would enjoy, and when given the chance, will make it for them to see if he was right.

His largest passion is cooking! He loves the smells, tastes and ingredients of food and wishes to find the best in all of them. When he travels, he will always try to find new, rare herbs and spices to collect as well as meats, vegetables and fruits to cook with.

His dream is to open up his own tavern and cater to all the travellers that come his way. Feeding them the best food so that they can be their best selves and do great things.

He is also a spiritual halfling, much like Shintoism, he prays to his ancestors instead of gods for guidance and to bless his days to be fun and exciting!

Background: Courtier (Chef)
Trait 1: I like to talk at length about my profession.
Trait 2: I believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right. I can't help it-I'm a perfectionist.
Ideal: Aspiration. I work hard to be the best there is at my craft. (Any)
Bond: One day I will return to my guild and prove that I am the greatest chef of them all!
Flaw: I’m never satisfied with what I have—I always want more.

Character History: Vinko, born in the world of Faerun has lived his life as a paid employee of the Elven house Sylannas. His family, once a nomadic tribe of halflings were founded, reformed, cared for and employed under the house to be their caretakers and guardians. A small community of houses were created for them and they have lived there for a very long time.

Vinko's mother and father are both in charge of different things to do around the house. His father is in charge of keeping the house clean, checking over the others' work and organizing the schedule of who and where to clean. His mother is in charge of security, her small force make sure that the house is not infiltrated or stopping a criminal from stealing from the house. Both are very good at their jobs. Vinko on the other hand, does not have the same aspirations as his parents.

The little halfling though, doesn't seem to fit in, in either of those jobs, he gets bored of cleaning and looking at the most minute thing in the house made his eyes hurt. He also wasn't doing so well with the other chores assigned to his kind there always bored and wandering off. That was until he met Durra, an elven chef that was renowned for his cooking skills and excellent taste. He was hired by the house for some 50 years to work for them as their head chef. During that time Vinko would pass by, often dropping what he was doing to ask what Durra was making and if he could help.

The elf was stubborn at first, ignoring him, telling him to leave, telling him not to steal the food, things like that. Eventually Durra gave in and began to explain the meals to him. Vinko then moved on persistently asking if he could help in any way. He was denied, again and again until Durra was forced to take him by the heads of the house.

So he had the halfling peel vegetables, open clam shells, that kind of stuff. Vinko was focused and determined, so he did what he was told, he was astounded, as boring as it was he never quit it. He worked hard every day and Durra noticed. He eventually moved Vinko onto doing prep. Getting everything cut to how Durra wanted it and learning the fundamentals of cooking.

During this time Durra had seemed to tolerate, and soon enjoyed Vinko's passion. He revealed that he had been a hunter before he had chosen the life of a chef, had lost interest in his former trade and will go on hunts, but only for the most rare of beasts.

That is when the seed was planted for Vinko to want to own tavern, to have fun with his life and go on adventures, capture rare meats, spices, herbs, vegetables, etc. To be able to live a life full of new and old faces coming to see him and eat his fantastic and experimental meals.

But when he expressed this to his parents they scolded him and told him about honour, tradition, respect to the elves that had taken his people in when they were but wild barbarians before. This frustrated Vinko and he argued with them constantly. To the point where they tried to keep him away from Durra and his stories and influence. Unfortunately for them, Durra still found ways to keep in contact with him and began to encourage Vinko to just leave and start his life as his own halfling and to live his dream. He fed into this, packed his things, learned his parents schedules and found a way to get out.

Before he did, Durra left him one last gift, a set of proper chef tools that Durra had used when he was a hunter. It was the single greatest gift he had been given, other than his life from his parents of course. So he set out that night, ready to take on the world. But as he left the house he was encased in light, a strange arcane light. He had thought it was a new trap that his mother had set up. He stood there in defeat, until the arcane light began to swirl around, it went dark, then a bright shining light blinded him momentarily and in that moment he was no longer home. But somewhere he had never seen before.

In Character Writing Sample: Vinko stood in front of his mother and father, it had been a big build up for him as he prepared to talk to his parents about his passion and wanting to leave the elven house.

"Mom, dad, I have something to tell you guys." He said as he rubbed his hands together nervously. His parents looked concerned, most conversations that started like this often were.

"What is it son? You've been acting stranger than most days." He said, as he folded his arms, his mom looked on, just as concerned.

"Well, I guess it's easier if I just say it. I want to leave here and travel, to become a expert chef! Durra says that the best experience is not just in the kitchen, but out there!" He explained as he pointed to a window to the outside.

His father looked frustrated at Vinko's explanation, as well as his mom.

"What are you talking about? We have everything here, there's no reason to speak this madness of leaving. We owe these elves a great deal, and you wish to dishonour it to go out there?" His father asked frustratingly as he looked at Vinko.

"I owe these elves nothing, we have been serving them for generations! Our debt has been paid in full and more! Having one of us leave isn't that big of deal! I won't even be missed! " He began to shout at his dad, who in turn began to shout back. The two went back and forth for some time, each not backing down.

"It was that Durra that put you up to this! He's been putting that nonesense in your head! That's it, no more seeing him, you'll be on garden duty outside from here on out. Wherever he is, you're not, that should knock some sense back into you." His father commanded Vinko.

"To the hells with that, and with you! You may be my father but I am an adult and I can start making my own decisions! Like this!" Vinko yelled back, it seemed that his father was about to say something else but he ran off without letting him get a response. His father was about to go after him but his wife stopped him and shook her head.

Vinko was hurt, why didn't his father understand, he just wanted to pursue his passion. What made it right for him to take that away. Well he wasn't going to let him and he began the plans to escape from this place. To live his life how he wants it, whether his father or mother likes it or not.

Last edited by The Dark Star; 03-19-2020 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:23 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1428
Mack Mack Mack Mack Mack Mack Mack Mack Mack Mack
I am going to start reviewing the applications tonight and tomorrow. I would have got to it sooner but with the COVID-19 going on I had to do some emergency stuff for work but now I am off the rest of the week. Still, time to get in applications for those who are interested.
Old 03-19-2020, 07:46 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 692
Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire
Are you planning on putting who you pick in this thread or are you just going to send messages?
Old 03-19-2020, 05:50 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I will put it in the thread when I get my picks done. I will also send out messages to those who I have picked. I have been even busier at work with the COVID-19. Should have players picked in the next couple of days.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:16 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1055
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
A slightly different take on the fighting the evil queen thing (local color?)

Drizella
right-aligned image

Name: Drizella Javotte
Class: Warlock (Raven Queen)
Source: Cinderella

Backstory: Everyone in the kingdom knows the story of our humiliation. My mother remarried beneath her to the Lord Frederick Ferdinand. She had arranged invitations for my sister and I to meet Prince Geoffrey who was looking for a princess. Lord Frederick's sorcerous daughter, Ash, stole first my sister's gown and invitation, then mine, and went to the balls in our place. There she bewitched the prince into an obsessive passion then disappeared, leaving behind one of her own shoes. The prince came looking and ordered us to put on the enchanted slipper, but it had one of Ash's spells on it and cut off one of my sister's toes and part of my heel. Both of us walk with a limp to this day. Her own father tried to stop this madness, chopping down his favorite pear tree and smashing the manor house's pigeon coop, but Ash managed to escape both times. Then, taking possession of the prince, she ordered my sister and I to walk down the aisle with her. Then, for her pleasure, she had our eyes plucked out by crows.

As we lay there in our blood and pain, I prayed to Morrigan, whose children had been fed on our bodies. And, she answered. She restored sight to my sister and I, that we might see again. And, a channel opened between us. Aschenputtel may be a sorceress, but my mother, my sister, and I do not forget the wrongs done to us. The Raven Queen provides power and once I gain enough power, then a day of reckoning will come and my evil stepsister will dance to her death in red hot shoes.

Last edited by penbeast0; 03-21-2020 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:06 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5734
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Hey Mack, just checking in to see if you selected your players yet?
Old 03-26-2020, 09:17 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Yes, I have. It was a very hard decision but I have let the ones know who were selected. Thank you for all who put in applications.