DnD5e Chronicles of Qorum: The Darkening of Argrea - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 03-14-2020, 12:54 AM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3696
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
WIP
Name: Hykip Shinyriddle
Class: Artificer (Battle Smith)
Background: Trait 1: I believe that everything worth doing is worth doing right. I can't help it--I'm a perfectionist.
Trait 2: I'm always picking things up, absently fiddling with them, and sometimes accidentally breaking them.
Ideal: Knowledge. The path to power and self-improvement is through knowledge. (Neutral)
Bond: I have an ancient text that holds terrible secrets that must not fall into the wrong hands.
Flaw: I'd risk too much to uncover a lost bit of knowledge.
Safe Haven
As a faction agent, you have access to a secret network of supporters and operatives who can provide assistance on your adventures. You know a set of secret signs and passwords you can use to identify such operatives, who can provide you with access to a hidden safe house, free room and board, or assistance in finding information. These agents never risk their lives for you or risk revealing their true identities.
Faction Agent - The Crimson Cowls
Description: Dark grey skin, pale yellow eyes, a clean shaven face\head and the fact that he is only three and a half feet tall clearly marks this man as a member of the Svirfneblin. He is dressed in a breastplate strapped over a robe of crimson cloth and carrying a steel shield in the shape of a bearded face almost as large as he is, which you would swear just winked at you. Strapped to his back are a heavily runed light crossbow of strange design and a longsword built for someone of his size with a shimmering opalescent inlay on the handle.
Walking beside him is a low slung mechanical drake that is larger than he is. Vine-like cords infused with alchemical fluids serve as its muscles, wrapped around a framework of steel. Hundreds of tiny armored plates form a protective outer shell. Its face is a combination of a hinged snout with a great many teeth and eyes of emerald green glass that are dimly lit from within which are embedded beneath a reinforced brow ridge. Around it's neck is a thick brass chain that holds a medallion the size of a human's hand with the name Filia engraved on it.

Last edited by kanly; 03-16-2020 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-14-2020, 01:22 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1312
Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz
WIP still missing the personality, Char sheet, and Writing sample
Thyrus
right-aligned image

Name- Thyrus Kosrakir (Eldreth Malecai's Vassal)
Age- 25
Description-
Race- Tiefling
Class- 1 paladin/ 3 warlock (hexblade)
Background- Soldier
Future Heroic Path: Lord
Brief history- Tieflings were not a common sight in Agaleth but as soon as his presence was noticed Thyrus was forced to join Ulgaunt Kreel's Army in Agaleth to stand as a symbol that even the eight depths of Malhamat stood Gloomlord's banner but this was actually against everything Thyrus believed frustration and hate towards himself grew more as the people of Agaleth saw him with fear and despise. Thyrus had no rank and no power nothing he could do for the people of Agaleth, for the people of all of Alberia that was till the battle to retake Agaleth as he stood on the walls of the city while they were stormed by resistance forces Thyrus felt compelled to fight and stand for the people and not govern them with an iron fist so he defected right in the walls and aided the Assimar king retake Agaleth.

He gets the nickname of Eldreth Malecai's Vassal from soldier that swore that they saw a demon fighting in the walls like if the demon lords themselves had sent someone to ravage the battlefield, but it is nothing more than an exaggeration, fear of Thyrus or the amazement of seeing a tiefling defecting from the Gloomlord's forces it really does not matter cause the tiefling hates to hear it, for his aid in the battle he was just put under the strict supervision of the Aasimar king officials waiting for someone to chooses what to do with him.

Personality: Thyrus is the opposite of everything that anyone in Argrea expects from a Tiefling he is kind, polite, caring and fights for the weak but so many years serving in Kreel's army have gotten a bit to him the tiefling expects pretty much everyone to judge him cause he served to Kreel or cause he is Tiefling which makes it difficult to him to warm up to people. Some years into his service Thyrus starts to think that he is starting to go mad as he can feel a voice or voices that tell him to embrace his hellish nature he never followed any of its instructions but now there seems to be one that tells to go in the right direction are these demons? gods? the divines? The dark tribunal? Or has his year in service finally taking its toll

Bond- I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.
Ideal -Greater Good. Our lot is to lay down our lives in defense of others.
Trait 1-I'm always polite and respectful.
Trait 2I'm slow to make new friends.
Flaw:I too often hear veiled insults and threats in every word addressed to me.

Writing sample:

Last edited by Boltz; 03-19-2020 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:58 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 233
Alugar Meldris Alugar Meldris Alugar Meldris
Carver - I like him. I think he'll fit in nicely. Magic to create various forms of sentient constructs is not entirely uncommon in Qorum.

Boltz - Good to see your character forming. Thyrus Kosrakir seems like a cool and interesting character for this.

kanly - Welcome, kanly. Looking forward to see what you come up with.

Last edited by Alugar Meldris; 03-14-2020 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:17 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Cap Ut
A few questions about the setting:
- FoD stands for Fall of Dimeren, right?
- Given I'd like to take Faction Agent as mechanical background, could I have an overview of the principal factions of Antyris before the war?

Last edited by Cap Ut; 03-14-2020 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:22 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics

Large version of the Heothar infopage: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16mT...ew?usp=sharing

@Cap Ut
- Correct. FoD stands for Fall of Dimeren.
- And sure thing, I'll write up some info on the principal factions of Antyris right away.
- Oh, and multiclass characters and feats are allowed, and thank you for the interest.

Last edited by Alugar Meldris; 03-14-2020 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-14-2020, 12:27 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Cap Ut
Application cancelled

Last edited by Cap Ut; 03-15-2020 at 06:45 AM.
Old 03-14-2020, 12:33 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
~ Principal factions of Antyris ~

The Crimson Cowls: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cXl...ew?usp=sharing
The Iron Bulls: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1km0...ew?usp=sharing
Old 03-14-2020, 12:51 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Cap Ut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alugar Meldris View Post
The Iron Bulls' guild seems interesting for my character: what is the nature of the Five Trials? (so I can write about them in the backstory) Were they feasible for a level 1 character? (otherwise, I could have simply been an affiliate, waiting for membership)
Old 03-14-2020, 02:41 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I'd say it's feasible that the Five Trials could have been accomplished by a character who is fourth level. They'd be things like low level quests: slay a monster terrorizing a village, retrieve stolen goods from bandits, find a missing person who disappeared in dangerous territory, etc.
Old 03-14-2020, 03:14 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Cap Ut
Quote:
I'd say it's feasible that the Five Trials could have been accomplished by a character who is fourth level. They'd be things like low level quests: slay a monster terrorizing a village, retrieve stolen goods from bandits, find a missing person who disappeared in dangerous territory, etc.
Considering the way I want to characterize his personality, I decided my character won't have a full membership (it will be tied with his flaws).
Old 03-14-2020, 04:46 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Okay, Cap. Looking forward to read more about Elamar. Interesting class combination and I'm glad you found the Iron Bulls fitting for him.

Here's another info pic:

larger version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10To...ew?usp=sharing
Old 03-14-2020, 05:38 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
All right almost done not going to add a description cause I feel I'm horrible trying to imagine those things I hope the image suffice, I usually try to build the PC around the image so it doesn't look weird. I'm gonna be doing the Char sheet in a moment
Old 03-14-2020, 05:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 800
KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane
Quote:
No, no, don't worry. Ohrlan seems really interesting btw. And great writing sample!
I'm glad you like him. It's weird, but it's rare that I've had such an easy time making a new character. He just sort of seemed to flow onto my screen, almost like he was inventing himself.
Things to Remember #1: When attempting to bluff ones way out of an old bar bill, it is not wise to yell Tab?! TAB?!! I have been in this bar before, ye drunken lout!
As the Troll Master Chef was wont to say : There's no Race like Gnome, for the Hollendaise.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:07 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Added the Char sheet but i still have to complete it
Old 03-14-2020, 08:25 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@ KarlCullinane - Sounds like he is meant to be then.

@ Boltz - It says I don't have permission to view the sheet...