DnD5e Chronicles of Qorum: The Darkening of Argrea - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 03-14-2020, 08:55 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1312
Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz
Well I'm still not done but a as i said before common mistake i haven't made it public.
Now you should be able to see it
Old 03-14-2020, 09:09 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 233
Alugar Meldris Alugar Meldris Alugar Meldris
@Boltz - Thanks.

@Everyone, here's three more characters you'd know about (you may not know every detail about them, but you definitely know of them):

Berovar Dornson: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nc5...ew?usp=sharing
Talia Tarnsaer: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jzQ...ew?usp=sharing
Vodogan Valakarus: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KeP...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by Alugar Meldris; 03-14-2020 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-15-2020, 06:00 AM
Timehopping 🌹 Gunslinger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 264
OrianaOleander OrianaOleander OrianaOleander
I am way interested in this setting, and I love higher starting levels!

Chronicles of Qorum

Duurgar Cleric of Mautnir and Oligara, Knowledge Domain
full name Thraiz Oricja Thorgretia ad Azralzak
(Oricja is her typical social name, pronounced "Or-i-kya" or "E-ri-kah")

Far Traveler Background, Arbalist Origin
When Vodogan's partisans came marching through the woods,
they were guarding a horse-drawn wagon,
carrying potions for the Gloom Lord's soldiers in a nearby battlefield.
I loaded a poison bolt in my crossbow,
and shot the captain of the soldiers guarding the wagon.
My chaplain gave me the nickname Nightshade that same night.

Trait. I have different assumptions from those around me concerning personal space, with hilarious results.
Ideals. I may not understand most people, but they don't understand me neither; therefore, I have the upper hand!
Bond. Freedom is the most important virtue. I'll never let anyone take it from my people ever again.
Flaw. I have a weakness for the new intoxicants and other pleasures of this land. Well, weakness seems like a strong word, I bet I'm fine.

The Underworld. Just as there are Three Realms comprising Darkundept, it is said there are three types of people on the surface. First are those who only know the Realm Below as an underground reflection of their own world, where every race has a convenient counterpart. Then, there are the rare few who are wise enough to understand that Darkundept is far more complicated, and misconceptions about its peoples run rampant. But we know the truth is the final group is composed of all of society above, and that the endless depths, wonders, and absolute horrors of darkness will never be comprehended by the People of the Sun.

The Hidden Kingdom. Azralzak is a kingdom ruled by a secretive offshoot of the deep dhouvarr, calling themselves duurgar to distinguish themselves over time. Established beneath eastern Whelyr during the years following its formation, these duergar survivors of the slogh-thoi imprisonment dedicate their entire way of life to eliminating the slogh-thoi, demonkind and the undead, and to keeping the deepest vaults of the Darkundept forever locked. They are paragons of law and dedication, and have developed a different psychology from their surrounding underground cultures. In particular, the concept of slavery is considered abhorrent, and one of the core values in modern duurgar society is the work ethic and accomplishments of the individual, and how these impact the kingdom. Slavery is seen as not only cruel, but a cowardly imitation of real accomplishment. And perhaps no individual in the small, endangered realm of Azralzak has more weight on their shoulders to succeed than Thraiz Oricja, heiress to the throne.

The Fall of Cil-Gahad. It has been 33 years since Vodogon overtook the capitol of Whelyr, and the power of The Gloom would reach in all directions, seeping into the Darkundept. Thraiz was still a child then, too young to even earn her second name, but soon she would be expected to join the fight alongside her parents and clan. Though she was shielded from most of it, the child was a celebrity in her own right, a marksman prodigy with a deep understanding of the priesthood of Azralzak. When the Dark Halls Below began to foster both demonic and undead forces, her clan moved with absolute ferocity, developing advancements in the art of war along the way. However, all would be lost after one of the Eight Vile Lords gained access to one of the Forbidden Vaults. Many of Thraiz' brethren were killed trying to keep the vault shut, and those that survived were forced to flee to the surface, finding their way to Orlentyr, setting up a small war-camp some miles outside of town, hidden in a cave system.

Defining Event. Although Oricja had grown accustomed to a life of seemingly endless warfare and strife, there was one particular night when her focus was re-established, and all the rage she felt in her heart for the walking damned would be narrowed onto one true enemy - Vodogan Valakarus. All by chance, on the night of the Ambush, Oricja and two scouts were monitoring a nearby battle, catching the incoming support wagon, staged by orc grunts and a hobgoblin captain.The duurgar had underestimated the sensitive noses of such foul-smelling creatures, and before they could strike first, the orcs had fired flaming arrows into the surrounding forest. Her less experienced comrades were dazed by the brightness and heat, but Oricja had been meditating every sunrise since reaching the surface, and her eyes could adjust as well as any Shallow Dhouvar at this point.

Everything that happened next was a blur. The red haze of battle coming over her, she lands a poison bolt directly into the hobgoblin's brain. Sacred Flames made quick work of one orc, the other being Held in place by divine compulsion while her comrades pin him in place. Using their advantageous positioning, Oricja stalks the edge of the nearby battle, identifying several young Argent Knights - They seemed to be younger all the time, she thought - evenly matched with the soldiers of Vodogan. She targets the archers first, and the fight quickly turns around. Shocked and grateful, they gladly accept her suggested fee of a single crate of healing potions and a single horse from the now abandoned wagon. Her scouts would help examine the dead.

Oricja returns to the orc on the trail. "I am told you greenskins are smarter than you seem. So tell me what you know, we can make this easy or difficult." Her tone was calm, and almost friendly. Only almost. The orc grinned a toothy yellow smile, more like a canine's jaw than a man's.

"Oy go fokkoff yeself, tig biddy buisch!" His commonspeak was a mutilated dialect, but such insults seemed clear in any language to her. She stares blankly for a second, her eyes widening by an amount almost too small to notice. Then, she grins back at him, her own teeth an immactulate purse full of white gemstones. The grin started as an amused smile, but began to creep wider until she began to cackle. One of the scouts shifted in place. The other scout was her occasional lover, and he knew what that laughter meant.

First was the beating. On the surface, this situation seemed like a typical skirmish between cultures, just like Darkundept. The only reason most darksiders fought was for resources, religious imperative, or bored nihilism. But not her. She had been following a trail of blood for years now, but something in her knew that this was a test from Oligara, to be graded by Mautnir, whether she liked it or not. So instead of killing the orc outright, she flung off her gauntlet and simply kept punching him in the face, over and over, until the blood pouring from his face and the blood spilling from her split knuckles were indistinguishable. He was barely conscious now, but he was ready to die to protect his Dark Lord.

Orija breathes a gentle healing cantrip over her hand before putting the glove back on. Her smile was more gentle now. "You could survive this and become a powerful general, you know. If you tell me where this wagon launched from, I will still let you go, and one day you can come get your revenge."

"Venge is fer babbies, ye slot." Part of her wanted to punch him again to finally black him out, but the truth is she was a slut, and she was still being tested. She holsters her bolter, raising two open palms outward, almost as if expecting an embrace.

"You will tell me what I need to know, and you will do so willingly. I am the Eyes of Justice, and the Hand of Death."

A golden circle of runes surrounds the orc, and a stupefied look falls over him. He is aware that he is trapped inside a magic spell, but it was already over at that point. With ten minutes to interrogate the lone surviving enemy of this battle, she was able to locate hidden papers, still encypted, but detailing the current job as well as further projects for the Gloom Lord. As she had suspected in her travels, the blood was all leading up to the Son of Vitro Kin Sithra. With the thanks of the Argent Knights, she would form her first alliance with the People of the Sky, and for her ferocity she was awarded her official title as an up and coming warlord:

Nightshade

I hope you like my art! Trust me when I say everything you see here is by the book.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NIGHTSHADE 03 03-21-2020.png
Views:	30
Size:	382.9 KB
ID:	83553  

Last edited by OrianaOleander; 03-22-2020 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-15-2020, 06:44 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Cap Ut
Due to other commitments in this period, I think I won't be able to dedicate enough time to the game, so I decided to cancel my application.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:33 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Oriana - Glad to hear, Oriana. Looking forward to see what you come up with, and let me know if you have any questions.

@Cap ut - Sorry to have you withdraw, but I understand. Thanks for the interest and all the best.

Last edited by Alugar Meldris; 03-15-2020 at 07:33 AM.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:30 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Updated the applicants table in the Second post if i got anything wrong please correct me
Old 03-16-2020, 12:10 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Let me know if any of you need help in coming up with a character concept which fits the setting.

And thanks Boltz.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:28 PM
Timehopping 🌹 Gunslinger

Tools
User Statistics
I am developing my character now, got a decent concept brewing.

Questions so far
1. What are the Dwarves up to?
2. Is there an Underdark?
3. How do you feel about Unearthed Arcana content?
4. What about minor homebrew tweaks to fit a concept?
Old 03-16-2020, 01:34 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Dhouvarr (dwarves) on the continent of Argrea
The dwarves, or dhouvarr as they call themselves, seeing dwarf as somewhat of a derogatory term, have to a large degree integrated with other races in mixed societies, but some still keep to the traditional dhouvish way of living, living in undermountain homes such as Karth Meran in Aldrunar, and Karth Arklan in Arklandar, both traditionally dhouvish nations that have respectively voluntarily become part of the nation of Whelyr and been conquered by Antyris. Aldrunar and Arklandar, and the larger region the Stonelands in northern Argrea, are the lands with the highest populations of dwarves, mostly of the subrace Brakani, which is the most integrated with Aluwani (Children of Light, the common races) society and most well-adapted to surface living. The Orumkhazi of northern Argrea, who shun the Aluwani to a greater degree, mostly stick to the undermountain cities Karth Meran and Karth Arklan, as well as a few other such subterranean dhouvish holds. Pockets of Brakani and the rarer and more seclusive Orumkhaazi live in other places on Argrea as well, mostly in mountain ranges, and the Darkendeep, which we'll return to later.

Brakani
The Brakani, or Bronze Dwarves, which are the most common in Argrea, and the most common overall on the surface of Qorum. They have a slightly bronze complexion and usually have dark or ruddish hair and beards. The brakani have the racial traits of Mountain Dwarves.

Orumkhaazi
The Orumkhaazi, or Gold Dwarves, which are native to Muranir on Antara, and the Seyjere, Veyljaad and Zal Graad layers of the Darkendeep. They have a definite dark golden tint to their skin and usually have white hair and beards. The Orumkhaazi have the racial traits of Hill Dwarves. The Orumkhaazi view themselves as the true dhouvarr.

Dhouvish Pantheon
The dhouvarr worship mostly Vaas the Golden: Vaas is the god of artisanry, and the god of the dhouvarr (dwarves) of Argrea. He is depicted as a giant dhouvarr with golden skin like the Orumkhaazi in a viridium (greensteel) full plate and dark green and yellow robes, holding a massive, golden warhammer – the Maul of Vaas. His symbol is his maul in front of a golden anvil.

Vaas, god of creation LG Knowledge, Hammer
War and anvil
Mautnir, god of justice, NG Life, War, A pair of
nobility and knowledge Knowledge golden gauntlets
Mazura, goddess of life, LG Light, Life, A golden
light, and agriculture heart
Taurik Glarn, god of CG Life, Nature A sturdy
exploration boot
Oligara, goddess of death LE Life, Death A female
dwarven face
with a black
side and a
white side
Torakur, god of madness CE Trickery, Death dwarven skull
with tentacles
coming out of
the eyes

The Darkendeep
The Darkendeep is the Underdark of Qorum, consisting of a vast network of subterranean lands connected through caverns and tunnels. The Darkendeep consists of several layers from the layer closest to the surface known as the Seyjere through Veyljaad, Zal Graad, and Udrinidaad down to Drakengraad, which is rumored to hold entrances to the Depths of Malhamat, which is the hell of Qorum. Many Shaedrin (drow) live in the Darkendeep, but also svirfneblin and duergar, and stranger races still such as the slog-thoi (this setting's equivalent of the mind flayers).

I'm okay with Unearthed Arcana content, but let's work together in making the concept using it fit into the setting the best way possible.

I would be fine with this, within reason.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:54 PM
Timehopping 🌹 Gunslinger

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alugar Meldris View Post
Dhouvarr (dwarves) on the continent of Argrea

Welp, I'm in love. Never met a DM with such a vast amount of attention for my brethren! In my own clanhold, we prefer the term duurgar.

Quote:
The Darkendeep
The Darkendeep is the Underdark of Qorum, consisting of a vast network of subterranean lands connected through caverns and tunnels. The Darkendeep consists of several layers from the layer closest to the surface known as the Seyjere through Veyljaad, Zal Graad, and Udrinidaad down to Drakengraad, which is rumored to hold entrances to the Depths of Malhamat, which is the hell of Qorum. Many Shaedrin (drow) live in the Darkendeep, but also svirfneblin and duergar, and stranger races still such as the slog-thoi (this setting's equivalent of the mind flayers).

I'm okay with Unearthed Arcana content, but let's work together in making the concept using it fit into the setting the best way possible.

I would be fine with this, within reason.
Sounds good to me! I hope you know Jesus Skywalker is not my final planned name, it's part of an old joke!

Last edited by OrianaOleander; 03-16-2020 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:47 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I'm sure glad it's not. Pretty sure such a name would break the entire game...
Old 03-16-2020, 04:57 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
And I like duurgar btw, and appreciate you like the attention I've given dwarves in Qorum.

I first read the Jesus Skywalker comment without the 'not', so I thought for a moment you were going to call your character that, and was a bit worried, to be honest.
Old 03-16-2020, 08:39 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10070
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Gilbert Dawnshield

Race: Variant Human

Class: Vengeance Paladin

Allignment: Lawful Neutral

Divinity: Thyris

Theme Song: Falling Off the Edge of the World

Description: In his youth he was described as a handsome young man but fighting hell spawn for thirty years will take its toll. His face is criss-crossed by scars and his brow is permanently furrowed from the sorrow and horror he has witnessed. His grey hair falls about his shoulders in unkempt strands that mingle with a beard that hasn't seen the shears in twenty years. But his hatred has caused his virility to extend well into his twilight years. Fueled by his insatiable hatred for the Gloom, he has remained a stalwart soldiers, strong of body and able of mind, even if he has gotten considerably more grump as the years have worn on.

Personality: Most men his age would fall back and allow younger, more eager men to take over the fight. Problem is, there is no man alive more eager to see the fall of Vodogan. Great loss has stained his perception, humility has bolstered his resolve, years of heartache have steeled his nerves and decades of battle have hardened his attitude. Make no mistake, this is a man with nothing left to loose and only the world to gain.

Personality Trait: I'm haunted by memories of war. I can't get the images of violence out of my mind.

Ideal: My homeland is all that matters.

Bond: I'll never forget the crushing defeat my kingdom suffered or the enemies who dealt it.

Flaw: My hatred of my enemies is blind and unreasoning.

Background: Soldier

Last edited by tomplum; 03-22-2020 at 05:58 PM.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:33 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by Alugar Meldris; 03-17-2020 at 03:10 AM.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:04 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Tomplum Added you to the table.

@Everyone the table is updated if i got anything wrong please tell me