DnD5e Chronicles of Qorum: The Darkening of Argrea - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 03-18-2020, 12:41 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1312
Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz Boltz
Below of the applications table just added some info.

tried to condense everything that Alugar has given us
Old 03-18-2020, 04:51 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3736
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Fjorgiir the Skald
right-aligned image

Name: Fjorgiir the Skald
Race: Ferrungar
Class: Bard (College of Lore)
Alignment: LG
Deity: Beranath

Description: Fjorgiir is a towering humanoid, as most Ferrungar are, his horns resembling icicles, his skin grey with a bluish tint. The half-giant bears tattoos in forms of blue lines and swirls to mark the fact that he is a skald, one who has drunk from the Well of Deep Knowledge and has gained insight into the true essence of the world. His long pale blonde, almost white, hair are tied to the back, while his beard is woven in a thick braid. His clothes are simple but sturdy and consist mainly of stitched leathers and furs. Since his clothes remind him of his homeland, Fjorgiir chooses to wear them even in the milder climate of Argrea.
Personality: Fjorgiir is an individual who venerates knowledge, wisdom and tradition. He is careful to observe and consider all eventualities before committing himself to a cause, but once he does he is utterly devoted to it. His knowledge is vast by mortal standards and even if he lacks mastery of a subject, he will probably still have some familiarity with it. Fjorgiir finds pleasure in reading books and scrolls, exchanging opinions with other learned individuals, listening to tales and songs, reciting poems and playing music. Though he is usually gentle and considerate the destruction of life and knowledge make him lose his self-control and attack the offending party without consideration for his own safety.
Background: Inheritor (Well of Deep Knowledge)
Future Heroic Path: Zuruathan

Trait 1: Every dawn I sing an ode to creation and every sunset I chant a dirge for those that are no more but have not been forgotten.
Trait 2: I take time to examine a problem from every angle before I speak or act.
Ideal: I believe that the Word (Logos) is the fourth and highest level of creation - the other three being the creation of the world, the creation of life, and finally art and artisanship. Vodogan Valakarus‘ corruption must be cleansed before it taints all aspects of creation.
Bond: I am part of the Well of Deep Knowledge and it is part of me as well. I dream of the day when I will be able to purify it and take my parents‘ place as its guardian.
Flaw: Sometimes I lose myself in the glories of the past, so much more preferable than the darkness and despair of the current era.

Character History:Fjorgiir is the son of a female human skald called Brynhilde and Ferr Gwandar, King of Snorrvaldir and protector of the Well of Deep Knowledge. The first three decades of his life, Fjorgiir traveled Skergaldr with his mother listening to her vast repertoire of sagas, histories and songs that kept the knowledge of their ancestors and the history of the world alive in the minds and hearts of the people of Skergaldr. Seeing the importance of his mother‘s profession, the young Ferrungar reached the decision that he too would become a skald and devote his life to the pursuit and perpetuation of knowledge. Once becoming an adult, thirty years after his birth, Brynhilde presented him to his father, who allowed him to take a drink from the Well of Deep Knowledge. Instead of quenching his thirst for learning, the magical water increased it greatly but also enhanced Fjorgiir‘s memory and senses, making him able to absorb knowledge like a sponge absorbs water.

Everything changed when Vodogan Valakarus turned his gaze to the north and the continent of Skergaldr. While the monstrous dragon Sedraal woke from his deep sleep and put an end to Ferr Gwandar‘s reign, Radavos Vaal, the lich king, took control of the whole continent. Fjorgiir witnessed the great wyrm slay his mother and father and then desecrate the Well of Deep Knowledge with their blood, unable to do a thing. Every skald, with the exception of Fjorgiir, was killed that day, while the Ferrungar was spared out of cruelty, not mercy. The vicious dragon was certain that the horrible death of his parents and the tainting of the Well would cause the last of the skalds to lose his sanity and live his remaining days in madness and despair.

Whether it was fate, luck or the protection of Beranath, divine patron of the skalds, Fjorgiir persevered and managed to flee Skergaldr and head south to Argrea. Realizing that as long as Vodogan Valakarus lived, he had no chance of defeating the wyrm and the lich king that had control of his home, the Ferrungar sought to aid those resisting the Unhallowed King and his servants. In time he made the acquaintance of Heothar Aldorin and joined his forces that fought for the liberation of Alberia. Their success was the first real blow Fjorgiir was able to strike against Vodogan Valakarus. He hoped many would follow.

Last edited by Elanir; 03-18-2020 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-18-2020, 06:49 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 233
Alugar Meldris Alugar Meldris Alugar Meldris
Hi Elanir.

First of, your character's history suits my idea of Qorum perfectly. I love it. Thanks for the nice application.

Secondly, here's answers:

1. I see I missed languages in the Ferrungar traits. I'd say they know the same languages of a Nordfolk. You can speak Dimereni, but you cannot read or write it. You can also speak one of the five Nordfolk dialects fluently, and can read and write in this language: Snorrvaldi (spoken in Snorrvaldir), Felgarin (spoken in Felgar), Kyrdwanni (spoken in Kyrdwan and the Isles of the Bone Wyrm), Kaldraaki (spoken in Kaldraak) or Arvani (spoken in Arvanur.) NB: Most of these nations aren't detailed yet, but Snorrvaldir would definitely fit best with your backstory.

2. Regarding traits from being Large, let's use these, which I just found (don't know why I didn't give it consideration in the first place, but writing the compendium took a lot of time, so I was probably a bit rushed):

Powerful Build. Half-giants have advantage on Strength checks and Strength saves. They also have disadvantage on Dexterity checks and Dexterity saves. In addition, their build grants them +1 hit points per level.

Size. Half-giants are Large sized creatures. They occupy a 10′ by 10′ square, and have a 5′ reach. They also deal +1d4 damage with all weapons, in addition to the listed damage.

Speed. Half-giants have a base speed of 30 feet.

Upkeep. The cost of living and cost of all equipment for a half-giant is four times the usual amount.

3. Maybe I should let you decide this, since I don't think I've put any specific time of that event down anywhere, but it should be a reasonable time before Vodogan moves on to the continent of Argrea, after having subjugated most of Skergaldr.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:51 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Thank you for your prompt answer!

I reread the information about the Dreadful Eight and you state that Sedraal woke in -5 DA. I suppose Ferr Gwandar was slain the same year. I‘ll just age Fjorgiir by a mere 2 years so that he will have practiced the skills of a skald for a short time.

Is a Ferrungar about as large as an ogre? (9-10 feet tall?)

Finally, how is the language of nynphar called? Since I get an extra language because of my background (Inheritor) I would like to learn that one. I think it would make sense for Fjorgiir to speak the tongue of his father.
Old 03-18-2020, 11:12 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
HI Elanir!!!! I'll add you to the table later.
You just got an amazing roleplayer Meldris I can attest to that
Old 03-18-2020, 11:51 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Thank you for your kind words, Boltz.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:11 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1738
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
This looks like an incredibly interesting game. I'll be working on an application throughout the day. I know I'm going Half-Elf, but I'm currently debating between abjuration wizard and trickery domain cleric.
Old 03-18-2020, 03:30 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
My application is finished!
Old 03-18-2020, 05:58 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Elanir added you to the table
Old 03-18-2020, 07:18 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Alrighty, here's the WIP. I should be finishing it in the next couple of days.

Application-WIP
right-aligned image

Name: Marcia Allerion
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Cleric (Trickery Domain)
Deity: Elune
Alignment: CG
Background: Charlatan

Description: Marcia's appearance leans more towards her human side than her Elvish side. Though she does have pointed ears, that's about the only trait she shares with her High Elf father physically. Instead she looks a lot like her mother. She stands at about 5' 7" with a filled out build. She isn't fat by any stretch of the imagination, but she certainly doesn't have that classic Elvish twig like build, you can touch her without worrying about breaking her in half. Her skin is lightly tanned and her eyes are a warm brown color. Her hair is bright orange in color and naturally wavy, she keeps it tucked behind her ears most of the time. What was once out of rebellion is now out of practicality, she keeps her hair cut neatly above her shoulders. Her face is a mixture of human and Elvish features, high cheekbones and angular features combined with full lips and almond shaped eyes. She's incredibly proud of the scar on her cheek, it's her only scar and one that she got while saving lives. She dresses well but practically. You won't find her in bodices, hoop skirts, or heels, all things a proper lady should be wearing, as it is far too difficult to run around the battlefield in those, but her clothing is always well made and has fine detailing.

Personality: Marcia is spunky and passionate. She hates having to hold her tongue and be polite. She'd much rather be allowed to say whatever she wants. She's a wild and free soul that can't be snuffed out by the most stifling of situations. An ever present beacon that shines with a refusal to burn out. She's become a bit of a compulsive liar, if she can lie to get what she wants, she does. It's a habit that she's trying desperately to break and tells her friends to call her out when she does lie. She knows how people work and she knows what they want and uses that to her advantage. She has seemingly endless energy and never seems to let anything bother her. But it's really that she learned at a young age to bottle everything up and not bother people with her problems, for the simple reason that they don't care. Marcia doesn't take orders well from people and has a thing against authority. At least when that authority considers themselves better than everyone else. If somebody sees her as an equal then she doesn't mind taking orders. Everybody is different, they all have a role to play, that doesn't mean any one person is better than another. Because of this she has the tendency to speak casually to people that she probably shouldn't. Her ideals are very simple, if you treat her poorly you get the same treatment in return. If you treat her with respect, you get a lot more in return.

History: Marcia was born to a human mother and Lunadrin father. Her mother Lucy was a high class prostitute, her father Firion was Whelyr nobility. Their encounter left Lucy pregnant. Marcia spent the first six years of her life with her mother inside of a brothel. It was the happiest six years of her life. It was during those six years that she was first introduced to Elune. Her mother told her that Elune was the goddess who watched over the people of the night, prostitutes, thieves, killers, the worst of people but she protected them with her light anyway. No matter what anyone else says, she still believes this. Firion found out about Lucy's child and suspected that it was also his. So he returned to the brothel to confirm this. When he left again, he took Marcia with him. He had no other children and needed an heir, or at least a bargaining chip to increase his own power. At the very least he could marry her off. It was in the carriage ride that six year old Marcia learned that she would never see her mother again, and started to cry. It was the last time she had cried in front of anybody.

Try as he might, Firion could never kill Marcia's spirit. She learned the lessons, wore the clothes, but she was never a proper Elvish noblewoman. Her upbringing was incredibly strict, but everyone knows that the strictest of parents make the best liars. She learned to lie well and manipulate people into getting what she wanted early in life. It's a skill that she still uses, but to a different extent now. On surface she looked like she was becoming a proper noble's daughter, but that was just another lie. The only lessons she really cared about were the ones about Elune. She liked those ones. Marcia found comfort in the fact that even if she would never see her mother again, they were still being looked after by Elune, they were still under the same moon. When the rebels came to Whelyr looking for help. Marcia begged her father to let her go, she felt like she had to. But of course he refused.

Firion learned about his daughter's lies when she got too bold with one. Normally she'd trick the guards or her handmaidens, convincing them that her father was allowing her to do something he certainly hadn't approved of. But one day she took things too far when she claimed that he had finally agreed to let her take Clerical vows to Elune. This would really change nothing except grant her magic from the goddess. She was bad enough without magic, he refused to let her learn it. When he found out, he decided the best thing would be to marry her off immediately and let her husband break her. Only she kept scaring away every noble's son who came courting. One of which even got too frisky and she shoved out a window. Unfortunately he survived. She met Telius at one of the many gatherings that she was worked to go to. He was the pushover type, bookish and intelligent, but soft spoken. A real cinnamon roll. He was being picked on by a small group of other noble children, most of which were failed suitors of Marcia's. She couldn't stand seeing Telius being bullied, so she went over to help. They ended up sitting at a table together talking for a while, partially to get to know each other, partially so everyone else would leave them alone. Seizing the opportunity, Firion spoke with Telius' parents, seeing as Marcia hadn't shoved him out a window or made him cry. They were married within weeks. Though there is no love between the two of them, they do like each other. The marriage was a best case scenario for both. It meant the freedom to do what they wanted. They were given a small manor of their own. Marcia has two wedding bands, the one their parents picked out which is a classic diamond and far too fancy for her tastes, and then there's the moonstone band that Telius picked out, which she does actually wear. Soon after they got married, Marcia took her Clerical vows and finally gained the power of Elune. Telius could study magic in peace.

They lived in the same manor but hardly saw each other, which was completely fine. They were both far happier than they had been. They both had their magics, and though from different sources they constantly compared them and learned from each other. They didn't even sleep in the same room as husband and wife should have. Though married on paper they were more like roommates. Neither was interested in having children right now, they both had things they wanted to do first. When the rebels came once again, Telius practically shoved her out the door. Technically she had to have his permission to go, since he was her husband, and he wholeheartedly did. He told her to go do what she was clearly being called to do. So she went with the rebels back to Alberia to finally take up the call that she believes Elune had been trying to send her on for years.

Last edited by ColorsOfTheHeart; 03-21-2020 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-19-2020, 03:46 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Just wanted to say that I think I'm done with my app I think I'll go lord with the heroic path I like the idea of going from being hated to having his own estate and may be loved by the people.

Also updated the table
Old 03-19-2020, 07:09 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 233
Alugar Meldris Alugar Meldris Alugar Meldris
Looks like we'll be ready to start soon. Thanks for all the interest and the excellent applications, and thanks again, Boltz for helping with the application process management.

I'll give people who haven't finished yet time to finish their characters up and then I'll begin the selection process. So far we have eight applicants and I was aiming for five to six player characters. I like what I've seen from everyone of you though, so it's going to be tough...

Speaking of which, this is my first game on this site. How do I go about getting a forum for the game, now that I have enough applicants and we're about ready to begin?
Old 03-19-2020, 07:10 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10070
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
You should get a forum once the Admins approve the game (which doesn't usually take very long).
Old 03-20-2020, 01:01 AM
Timehopping 🌹 Gunslinger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 264
OrianaOleander OrianaOleander OrianaOleander
Woohoo, finally got an update made!

This is a character I have hoped to play for a while, fingers crossed!
Old 03-20-2020, 01:27 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Alright Marcia's application is finally complete!