Other Eclipse Phase: What Measure is a Transhuman? - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 03-20-2020, 01:26 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 198
UnderDarkLord UnderDarkLord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phettberg View Post
Alright. I'm still considering, but I will put up a sort of work in progress so people might know what direction I'd be going for eventually. Since the deadline is in a month there does not seem to be any rush in any case.

ApplicationName: Zeno Constantine Nazarian

Role (Primary/secondary): Techie/Transporter (Isolate Background, Scavenger Career, Animal Handler Interest)

Appearance: Zeno has kept good care of his birth body, a genefixed splicer morph with wiry black hair, watery blue eyes set deep into the skull and a pronounced nose. Kept good care of in the sense that he has commonly switched into synths, having an affinity for robotics, and less commonly pods. Uplift morphs are a guilty pleasure rarely indulged in by him since the way a lot of people look at you is not generally worth the hassle as far as he is concerned. He has also experienced with non anthropomorphic shapes, but what he woke up in was something he'd never tried before - a dragonfly. This particular model was designed less around the namesake and more in line with a colourful moth or butterfly, body and wings shimmering in yellow with lavender spots and accents. It's a peculiar experience to say the least, and moreso than he wants to switch to a manlike morph Zeno wants to know where his birth body is, and until he does he might as well enjoy flight.

Mannerisms/Personality: Zenos upbringing in an isolated small community is something that permeates the way he conducts himself. He's focused and determined when working, but might silently speak to himself to externalise his inner processes and give his ears something to hold on to. He is neither inherently rude nor shy, speaking his mind freely as he is used to from the old egalitarian station he was raised on, social adaptation is something that does not come easy to him. He's especially bad at meeting lots of people from many different backgrounds and adjusting his communication to them, since up until late in his life there were only categories of person to him: Corporate (Which included security and bureaucrats mostly) and Scientists (Specifically engineering related). As such Zeno puts his foot in his mouth often and hard without generally noticing.

Z is fascinated with how things work as any engineer or scientist would be, and he does like to capture the things he sees around himself. Not having been exposed much to art he has picked up a habit of rendering machines in the shape of sketched schematics, something that he has since also applied to drawing people and animals that interest him (the latter being quite a hobby for him in any case). He has accumulated a little databank of animals or people turned robotic drawing in this way, though he does not generally disclose this. This is one expression of a general habit that is not so uncommon: Preferring to keep his hands busy.

Background: Zeno was born on Luna to two engineers working for a precursor of the Tetsuo hypercorp in the fields of robotics. He did not spend long enough time on the moon to inherit its attitudes and outlook, though a lot of this was passed on later by his parents. In fact they moved to the science station "Daruma" in the main belt when he was about four years old. It was a small facility that was involved in stress testing and subsequently optimising components for robotics in a semi-secret sealed environment. He was there when the Fall started in earnest. Since the station was largely self sufficient and holding enough resources to keep everything afloat for years, including spare morphs for the inhabitants should they need them, the scientific staff decided to take drastic measures to safe themselves from the bulk of the madness, very much against the will of the corporate staff on board. All communications where cut and the station was set on an altered trajectory to hide it from the rest of the universe. In the fallout of this was how Zeno grew up, locked up with a bunch of scientists and engineers trying to bide their time as long as possible, not knowing if there'd be any humanity left for them to reconnect with when they finally had mustered the courage to establish communications again. For a young mind there was enough to engage with, especially considering they were working with advanced robotic blueprints, but the social dynamics in this sealed environment were stressful. Even though he was locked in with a limited amount of people Zeno started to often turn to the few smart-pets that some of the staff had brought with them, even successfully breeding two cats at one time. He also expressed interest in the few spacecrafts that the station had, and even though he never flew them far to conserve fuel he was instructed in piloting them in the case of an emergency. By the time he was eighteen he was reasonably accomplished as an engineer and had some skills as a pilot and even veterinarian.

The Daruma had shut itself off voluntarily from the outside world for almost a decade. Eventually somebody dared trying to get some limited form of contact with the rest of the galaxy back, which as it turned out was still more or less there. So much time had passed that many of the scientists were not keen on simply trying to get back to what their lives had been before, and some even advocated using the facilities they had to turn to piracy and scavenging. Considering most of their sleeves were deteriorating and a lot of the inhabitants were frankly almost mad Zeno decided to strike out on his own, but only after assuring that his parents made it to a respectable station. This did not fly well with the rest of the Daruma, and the Nazarians had to steal one of the spacecraft so that Zeno could drop his family at station in the Martian Trojans. The next few years he spend more or less just trying to get by, with the first months a continuous downward spiral as he was ripped off again and again by the more savy inhabitants of the universe. Everything that he had never really known in the first place had changed, making him feel like the most oblivious person in the galaxy. But there were people that saw potential in the things that he could do, and he attached himself to different scavenger crews in remoter parts of the solar system for months at a time with various degrees of success. He learned how to play rough and how to survive outside. Eventually he drifted sunwards again, since there was something of the lunar in him that drew him there.

Firewall was something that just happened to him. In fact he stumbled upon an old "colleague" that had ripped him off way back, probably right after he had lost the spacecraft from the Daruma. While not a friend this person was therefore in the prime position to see that he had changed tremendously from a weird sucker to a weird survivor, and that's apparently what a local firewall cell needed right at that time. The purpose was something that was alluring, but more than that it was the sort of secret camaraderie that sealed the deal for Zeno. He hadn't even realised that what he had been missing for a while was a sort of insulated in-group, and that it was deadly and dangerous work became sort of an afterthought of that. He'd become a quick learner these last years and his first few "missions" wen't pretty alright, or at least not terrible, up until right now. Now he was trapped in a strange morph, having no idea as to why and where his real body was.

Muse: TBA
Looking good. I like the real-world naivete sort of deal going on, and can't wait to see what a muse chosen by a socially restricted, tech-minded fellow will look like.
Old 03-20-2020, 03:52 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11550
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Added the muse, which is really just another extension of his whole background deal and a nice contrast to how I would play the character himself.
Old 03-21-2020, 05:01 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9063
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Application Complete!

Application
  • Name: Amelia Amelia is of Greek heratigeVatatzes; Nickname: Amy; Alias: Lia (around where she set up shop as a PI on Luna); Fake ID's: None?
  • Role (Primary/secondary): Social/Knowledge

• Appearance:
    • Previous Appearance:
      right-aligned image
      during the War
      Amelia's previous morph was a long-haired platinum blonde Scum Hibernoid that had larger than average breast size and wide hips giving her an hourglass figure. She was pretty certain the morph was made as an experiment for longterm pleasure pod use but didn't ask or let that affect her use of the morph. Amelia loved the hight advantage of her five foot ten inch tall morph and used her dumb blonde bimbo looks too serious advantage during her time as a Private Investigator. You would think with everyone being able to switch bodies people would learn, but some tropes were culturally hard to get rid of she supposed. Amelia even got to enjoy flaunting what the morph had which caused an increase in her social life.
    • Current Appearance:
      Amelia's current morph is an Observer morph with shoulder-length red hair of average height. After spending a little over two years in a morph where most people are looking at her breasts instead of her eyes, Amelia is finding that she missed the attention. Sure, it was annoying to prove that she had a mind under that dumb bimbo look but it was fun too. But the most annoying aspect of her new Observer morph was that it is a couple of inches shorter than her previous morph. Amelia had enjoyed that hight advantage and was surprised at how much she missed it. But even in the new morph, Amelia retained her enjoyment of revealing outfits that she had acquired while in the busty Hibernoid. She was not looking forward to buying all new clothes as there was no way her new morph could fit into her old morph's clothes.

• Mannerisms/Personality:
    • Amelia grinds her teeth when frustrated or angry.
    • Amelia is not comfortable in combat and still has that civilian twitch when someone is shooting at her. At the shooting range, she can control it.
    • Amelia uses her work-a-holic mentality as a way to distract herself from the bad that has happened in her life instead of facing it.
    • Amelia has again learned to enjoy the attention of others in social situations as she did back when she was a corporate CEO's daughter.
    • While not regretting her choice to join Firewall, Amelia has been feeling melancholy about her Private Investigator business on Luna as the business was the one thing Amelia had built with her own two hands and she missed it.
    • Amelia likes to keep her cards close to her chest and rarely trusts anyone these days.
    • Amelia can focus her mind on any task to the exclusion of all outer stimuli and is quite good at Data-mining because of it.
    • Amelia is not into VID games and only likes the occasional VIDshow but she does like exploring particularly well made VR worlds.
    • Amelia likes learning secrets and can keep one quite well. She loves information and her cortical stack is usually crammed pack with it.
    • Amelia dislikes looking back onto the four years that her merging with her 7 Forks happened as it always leaves her disoriented and confused.

• Background:
    ...and then I was aware!

Letting out a grown, Amelia tried moving her arm to block out the sun that was shining directly into her brain only to have the limb move limply before flopping onto her chest. She tried again, and the cortical cruncher ignored her futile attempts at pushing the light out of her eyes and continued about his job. He announced for the recorder that 'consciousness has been confirmed' only to continue about his duties, most of which required no input from her. At last, the light was removed, and Amelia though back to the last thing she could remember and accepted the fact that she had probably lost some time as the memory ended with her making a backup. It was a red flag that indicated something had happened to her that was more than likely fatal. Frowning, Amelia tried keeping her mind busy, but without her muse 'Saga' online, she had difficulty focusing her thoughts and grit her teeth as her mind inevitably turned to the past. There was a reason why Amelia was a work-a-holic, and it wasn't just because she had focus and drive. No, it was because she had this morbid habit of torturing herself when she lost bits of her Ego. Gritting her teeth, Amelia thought, 'I hate this.' But her mesh implant was currently offline, and she had nothing to do other than think about her past while she accumulated to her new morph.

Flashback...

When the war started, Amelia thought she was lucky that her parent's had just finished moving the family to the moon along with their if it is important, make up a namecorporate operations and avoided the widespread destruction that was happening on earth. She can still remember the smugness that she had felt about her family being safe and their business profitable, as the war on the surface below took so many lives. Then the Titans attacked, and it was not long before the war entered the orbital infrastructure that surrounded Earth. Her family had stayed too long on a space station in LEO when the battle reached the station they were the usual rich people mentality, let's watch the war from the edge of safety and then get blown up because the battlefront shifted vacationing on. Out of pure desperation, her father decided to Egocast the family and their most trusted servants to the offices their corporation maintained on Mars. When Amelia next became aware, she knew something had gone wrong. Instead of the family's corporate virtual interface, she was sitting in a tiny room with a board woman and a symbol on the front of the desk that looked to have been ripped off from the old United Nations and wondered, 'What is this Planetary Consortium?' Seeing that she was aware, the woman began a canned speech explaining that it had been two years since the "Fall" and that 'things have changed' since then. Yak, yak, yak is what Amelia heard. She had nearly finished her law degree before rumors of war had her family move to the moon, and she knew what the woman was really saying. Her parents didn't make it to Mars, and someone pulled some strings to have her ego shunted into cold storage until her family corporation could be fully absorbed by whatever corporate interest(s) laid claim to its assets. Amelia asked the questions that needed asking to confirm this but refrained from acting on the seething anger that coursed through her veins. This was only VR, after all. When given a choice to work for Banco de Nova York or go back into cold storage, Amelia chose the former.

...End Flashback

Feeling strong enough now, Amelia reached up with her right hand and looked at it briefly before pulling down a lock of hair into her view. "Hunh, a redhead." Not Amelia's first choice of coloring, but in the end, it didn't matter what color her hair was. Thinking back to the worst decision she had made in her life, Amelia sighed, 'I should have gone back into cold storage.' It wasn't the fact that she found the work hard and demeaning; she did; it was what the corporation that she was working for nearly four years did to her that caused that thought. Without telling her, they Forked her thirteen times and had her paying off the same debt for each Fork. Though, Banco de Nova York had only told her about the seven Forks that survived. She would have never known about any of this if the Planetary Consortium had not found out and stomped on the company's collective neck. Amelia's alpha ego was recovering from being rebooted from a backup three months out of Amelia had poked her nose where it didn't belong and got herself deleteddate and looking at working a longer indenture when the news broke, and she found out she had been forked multiple times. At the time, Amelia was just glad it was only seven Forks. She was shocked by the revelation, but was stubborn and refused to bend, and neither did her forks as they all wanted to rejoin with her, proving that she had a strong sense of self. Still recovering from her current loss, Amelia accepted her Forks back with open arms...and it almost broke her. Seven distinct self's merging one after another,
    left-aligned image
    free of servitude at last!
    and even several years later, she was still coming to grips with her decision. 'I should have had let the corp's phycosurgen help me, but I didn't want that blasted corp doctor messing with my mind after they force forked me so many times!' Being told you were free of the corporation that wronged you and given a case Morph to sleave into along with a few credits is not the best deal one could get after illegally getting 13 Forks x 4 years + the 4 years for the Alpha Ego's service.(including the x4 accelerated time, it is actually around 224 years)56 years of servitude out of you in four years. But Amelia was not in her right mind and wanted to escape from her indenture as fast as possible. But that had left her with a problem. The credits she had was not enough to live on, let alone go back to Luna as she wanted, though Amelia supposed she could take a shuttle down to Mars and eke out a living there. Then she got the call. Closing her eyes again, Amelia remembered when her life turned a corner.

Flashback...

<You have an incoming burst transmission from the planet> Amelia hesitated before saying, "Thanks Saga, accept the transmission but make sure it is quarantined." Nothing like being forked over to make you paranoid. <No viruses or trojans detected. The majority of the transmission is heavily encrypted, and I will need significant upgrades if you plan for me to crack it this century. The rest is a recording and an address on Luna, playing now.> An unknown man's image in a Ruster morph appeared in Amelia's vision, "Hay Amy...er, sorry, Amelia. I found out you got reset, so you probably don't remember me. It's for the best, actually. Two months ago, you saved my butt, and in return, I agreed to hang onto a data file until you contacted me in a couple of weeks to retrieve it. After a month and no contact of any kind, I decided to do some digging. It's weird to say this about the Planetary Consortium, but it's thanks to their investigation of Banco de Nova York that I found out you have been reset and illegally Forked thirteen times. Due to the inquisitive and semi-disloyal nature of your ego towards Banco, they put all of you in sensitive areas to test the company's intermesh security from indentured sabotage. After all that, the four times accelerated time that they had you running under is just a drop in the bucket of the injustice that you suffered. What with the whole reset I didn't know what to do, so I had a buddy take a peek at that file you gave me. A few days later, he sent the file back saying he wanted nothing to do with it, and after scrubbing his gear clean, he promptly reset himself. Now, I don't know what's on this file, but I know some people that would be interested. Unfortunately, the only person I know how to contact is on Luna, and egocasting is out of the question as they will detect the encrypted file. I doubt you have the credits to pay for a ride to Luna, so your gonna need to fly coach, or in this case, scum." The guy chuckled, "Don't worry, there not as bad as most people think, just stay off the cargo hauler named 'Abstinence Only' if you are the squeamish sort. And the last few Scum shuttles will be leaving by tomorrow to catch up with the fleet on its way sunward. Trust me, Amy, their okay folk, and the ride may take close to a year, but it should be smooth sailing. Just don't force your views onto anyone there, and they won't throw you out an airlock." The man smiled before getting serious again, "Anyway, go to the address I provided on Luna and ask at the counter for 'Elvira.' say it exactly like that, 'Elvira.' Leave, and sometime in the next few days, you will be abducted and hand this file over." The man got a sad look before continuing, I do hope you accepted this transmission, Amy. I feel this is too important an opportunity to waste. The recording suddenly ended. At the time, Amelia could only stand there in shock at what the man revealed to her.

...End Flashback

Amelia felt herself struggle with her Forked memories of that time and quickly focused on her new morph to pull her thoughts away from the past. Feeling herself getting stronger by the minute as she melded with the morph Firewall had provided her with, Amelia was glad to be in a biomorph of some kind. It didn't matter as long as it was female, and human-looking and from the hands and the presence of breasts, they had at least got her minimum preferences correct. When she was living with the Scum for those nine months as the fleet worked its way from Mars to Venus and finally to Luna, Amelia had her eyes opened. The mysterious man that sent her on this course was right, the Scum are not bad people, just weird, and sometimes disturbed judging by their choice of morphs. Amelia thought back to her nine-month ride with the Scum, and when she was offered the use of a biomorph to "get out of the can and feel for a time." Amelia almost fell to temptation as it was so lovely to feel for a change, and to KNOW it's not some simsense VR experience.

right-aligned image
    when one wakes up a red head

Flashback...

She was not one to sit idly by and do nothing for nine months straight, and Amelia felt uncomfortable outside of the corporate social sphere that she was used too even before the war, so socializing much was out of the question. But by the time a week had passed, Amelia was crawling up the wall and left her small cabin. Eventually, a chance mention of her being one of the indentures that were illegally Forked multiple times by Banco de Nova York started a discussion leading to her explaining about Banco using her inquisitive and semi-disloyal nature to test the corporations intermesh security from indentured sabotage led to an offer of as this story was all over the mesh when they were near Mars the Scum could easily verify her storysorts. The Scum always worry about the new arrivals being agents of some corporation or organization and offered her the chance to put her talents to work and help with the security of their ships. As there was a bio Morph in it for her if she managed to detect any weaknesses in their systems, and she was in desperate need of a distraction at the time, Amelia agreed. Of course, she was not let anywhere near sensitive systems and roamed only where visitors that were along for the ride could go. Amelia knew the first few weeks were meant to test her as she went from ship to ship like a tourist, but Amelia's desire to have a biomorph of her very own drove her to be very good at her job. After all, the Scum might put in unusual quirks to enhance her sex life, but they wouldn't include defects as the corps tend to do. Amelia even visited the ship 'Abstinence Only' as that was a popular stop for tourists. She never could bring herself to investigate one particular cargo module on the ship. That's not to say Amelia didn't try out her borrowed morph, and she found out all the specific modifications it had during the approach to Luna.

...End Flashback

Amelia blushed slightly at that remembered time. She shifted and noticed that her current morph was less endowed than her Scum made Hibernoid morph. 'Ahh well, less attention and less back pain.....I'll have to see about visiting the Scum to get another one.' She chuckled out loud at her vanity. Suddenly an image of a male drill instructor from the mid-nineteen nineties appeared and shouted, <WHAT IN TARNATION! ATTEnn'SHUN!> Immediately Amelia was standing at attention with her back ramrod straight only for the thin slip that they gave unsleeved Morphs to fail, and Amelia gave the cortical cruncher a brief peek at her new morph's assets before she could pull the cloth back into a more modest position. Seeing the male drill instructor laughing his butt off with a decidedly feminine voice was slightly disturbing but nothing compared to what Amelia saw on the scum flotilla. So with a sigh, she leaned back against the table and raised an eyebrow at the image of her morph and said mentally, <Ha ha Saga. You got me.> Instantly the tough as nail's drill Sargent was back in strict mode, <I TOLD YOU! WHEN I'M LIKE THIS, MY NAME IS SARGE! NOT SAGA!> Amelia smiled at the man who smiled impishly back and once again fell into a fit of giggles. The form of the drill instructor glowed and flowed into the failure form of Amelia's muse. She preferred the hyperactive pixie over the stern drill instructor, but there was a time when 'he' was more effective at getting Amelia motivated than 'she' was. Amelia's muse finely wound down and said with a grin, <I'm glad I don't have to use him to snap you out of your bouts of melancholy anymore, he's so rude!> Smiling Amelia asked, <Alright Saga, what's the damage?> Smiling, the sprite said, <Well, you are not in a morph with breasts the size of beach balls anymore!> Amelia rolled her eye's and said, <That I am well aware of.> Saga's smile faded, <It seems your in an Observer morph.> The sprite looked at her worriedly, as they once had a discussion about getting the morph and Amelia had shot the idea down because she was not ready to dig into what happened to her other Forks and with the inquisitive nature of an Observer morph added to her own inquisitiveness the temptation would be overwhelming. Amelia said nothing and nodded for Saga to continue. The sprite looked sad as she said, <We've lost a significant amount of time.> Amelia closed her eyes and braced for the worst before stating, <Tell me.>

Amelia stared at the wall as if it held all the answers. 'I've lost more of myself again.' She had never delt with loss before until shortly reuniting with seven of her four-year-old Forks. Thinking about that time inevitably lead to Amelia remembering those four years from seven different perspectives, and as usual, it was quite confusing. Maybe it was because of the time that has passed since the merging or because of being in an Observer morph, but Amelia was certain now that a few of her Forks had also experienced loss. Saga waited patiently until this moment to land on Amelia's shoulder spraying digital pixie dust everywhere and saying, <Remeber back on Luna when we traveled to Nectar and found our old house had been turned into a ghetto apartment block?> Amelia laughed at the memory. Sure, finding your home had been demolished to make space for refugees wasn't particularly funny, but she always found the irony quite humorous. <Hehe, and I stubbornly rented a room there, and eventually we ran 'Lia's Investigative' out of that tiny five by five room...> Amelia chuckled out loud before thinking about the past with a bit of melancholy. <I miss it, you know. Having a business of our own for those two years was nice. Dealing with the people in the community, running the odd investigation that the Planetary Consortium security forces didn't care to handle...> Saga nodded her head and added, <Having to handle all the red tape for being a licensed private investigator, getting pushed around by PC security forces for doing there job...dealing with misses Heggans.> Amelia burst into laughter and turned from the blank wall to continue down the corridor, <You know Saga; I could have done without remembering miss bioconservatism. She never was happy with me being her neighbor.> <It might have to do with you disappearing for a month every time the Scum passed through and coming back with a ****-eating grin plastered on your face.> <I do remember her glaring at me every time I came back from visiting the Scum, but I was a bit preoccupied with remembering what put that ****-eating grin on my face in the first place.> Amelia chuckled out loud before getting serious again, <Enough pondering about the past. Time to get some information on what caused *this* loss...and Saga? Thanks for always being there for me.>

• Muse:
    When Amelia was growing up on Earth, she had few friends, and the ones she did have her parents made sure she understood were more rivals than friends. So it wasn't that hard to understand why Saga, Amelia's muse, became her best friend. It may just be an ALI, but at least it wouldn't betray her, or she wouldn't have to betray the ALI. At age eleven, when she stopped treating Saga as a servent that could tell incredible stories, Amelia gave her muse the control over her own form. Frankly, Amelia was not good at picking out what her muse looked like anyway. Since Amelia told Saga to think about it before choosing, the muse took two hours before deciding. It was agonizing not having Saga for those Amelia was eleven and a spoiled rich girltwo hours, but the result was well worth it. And so, Saga the sprite muse was born. Giving your muse creative license on their form does have a downside as Amelia found out when she was sixteen and had a falling out with her boyfriend and moped around her room for a solid week with no intention of ending her suffering. That was when Sarge first appeared. Amelia could have ordered Saga to stop harassing her with Sarge, and the ALI would have had to obey, but Amelia truly thinks of Saga as her closest friend and would never do that to her.

Saga was named so because Amelia, at a young age, asked her muse to tell her stories. Lots of stories. Saga chose her pixie form, in part, as it is compact and efficient in taking up as little space of Amelia's view as possible. Saga's personality, of hyper and chipperness, comes from an effort to keep up Amelia's spirits as in the ALI's opinion, Amelia is too serious for her own good. It may seem curious that a limited artificial intelligence might consider others too serious, but she has access to a literal trove of psychological texts and dissertations on the transhuman mind to pull from. While Saga wished Amelia would get some psychosurgery done to smooth the edges of the trauma caused by her abuse at the hands of Banco de Nova York, Saga knows going through the memories of that time is possibly the only way to figure out precisely what happened to Amelia. So Saga watches and distracts her charge when needed until it becomes time to face those memories head-on. And now that they were in an Observer morph, that time might come soon than later.

Speach Patterns"Amelia's speach"
    'Amelia's thoughts'
    <Amelia talking mentally or too her muse>
    <Saga's speach>
NOTE'S about what I couldn't fit into Amelia's background
  1. Amelia landed on Luna and did as the mystery man asked and was abducted a week later as she was in the middle of using her savings to set up a business. After explaining her situation, the mystery man, and handing over the encrypted information, they knocked her out with a drug. Two days later, Amelia woke up in her rented apartment and found her business license was approved a month early.
  2. Amelia feels that she owes the Scum a favor and will help them out when she can.
  3. Only remembers a Firewall training mission and one mission after that.
MY NOTES:
  • Eclipse Phase anacryms, words, and what have you: Ego=your mind, Cortical Stack=how you go from morph to morph to infomorph/cold storage, Mesh=internet, Muse=digital companion, PAN=Personal Area Network(that includes all your devises), Proxie=members of Firewall internal structure, Simulmorph=VR avatar, VPM=Virtual Private Network, XP=eXperience Playback, Pauses in converstations=accessing the Mesh for information(short=socialy polite, long=social ineptitude).*
Character Sheet InformationBackground: Athletics 30, Deceive 30, Kinesics 50, Persuade 30, Provoke 30, Know(Hypercorp Politics) 60 & Know(Law) 30Hyperlite(p-39), Career: Kinesics 30, Perceive 40, Research 60, Know(Investigation) 60, & Know(Current Events) 30Investigator(p-40), Interest: Deceive 30, Persuade 40, Provoke 30, Know(Rep Nets) 40Networker(p-42), Faction: Know(Scum) 30Scum(p-158).
Gear Packs: Anonymizer(p-315), Armor Vest: Light(p-215), Fake Ego ID(p-315), Medium Pistol Firearm(p-210), Smart Clothing(p-317), TacNet App(p-327), & VPN App(p-326).Firewall Agent(p-68) & Biometric Matcher(p-326), Brainprint Scanner(p-338), Cuffband(p-338), Klar: 5 doses(p-331), Microbug(p-338), Oracles(p-318), Scout Nanoswarm(p-345), Speck(p-349), & Spy Nanoswarm(p-345).Investigator(p-70).

Inquirer Aptitude Template: COG: 20, INT: 20 Base + 5cp25, REF: 10, SAV: 15 Base + 5cp20, SOM: 10, WIL: 15 Base + 5cp20.
Flex: 1 Base1
Reputation: @-rep: +10 from Contact trait60, i-rep: 25, c-rep: 25.
Languages: English, Greek, French, German.
Motivations: +Scum, +Information, -Alien Contact
Posative Traits: work with GM to develope contact and it gives +10 to @-rep.Contact: Scum(p-73), & +5 to INT Checks.Good Instincts[Level 1](p-74).
Negative Traits: work with GM; my idea was back during the Forked Over incident, Amelia's alpha ego was not reset to an earlier backup as she thought, but errased.Edited Memories(p-77) & Driven by curiosity, and holding back requires a WIL Check. (Amelia is unaware that she was behaviorally modified by Banco de Nova York for Curiosity to better test their security measures). Work with the GM on this!Enhanced Behavior(curiosity)[Level 2](p-78).
Skills(Spec.): Athletics[SOM]: 30 Base + 10 SOM + 5 from 1 CP45, Deceive[SAV]: 60 Base + 20 SAV80, Fray[REF]: 0 Base + 20 REF(x2) + 20 moved skill points + 20 from 4 CP60, Interface(Scan)[COG]: 0 Base + 20 COG + 25 moved skill points45, Kinesics[SAV]: 80 Base +20 SAV -20 overage skill points80, Perceive[INT]: 40 Base + 50 INT(x2) -10 over skill points80, Persuade[SAV]: 70 Base + 20 SAV -10 overage skill points80, Provoke[SAV]: 60 Base + 20 SAV80, & Research[INT]: 60 Base + 25 INT -5 overage skill points80.
Know Skills: Current Events[COG]: 30 Base + 20 COG50, Hypercorp Politics[COG]: 60 Base + 20 COG80, Investigation[COG]: 60 Base +20 COG80, Law[COG]: 30 Base + 20 COG50, Rep Nets[COG]: 40 Base + 20 COG60, & Scum[COG]: 30 Base + 20 COG50.
Derived Stats: Initiative: (10 REF + 25 INT) / 57; Aptitude aptitude x3Checks: COG: 60, INT: 75 Base + 5 from Good Instinct trait80, REF: 30, SAV: 60, SOM: 30, WIL: 60; Lucidity: Will x240; Trauma Threshold: 40 Lucidity / 58; & Insanity Rating: 40 Lucidity x 280.

CP UsageCostTotal(20)
Edited Memories+1
Enhanced Behavior(curiosity)+2
Contact Trait-1
Good Instinct I-1
1 Skill Specializations(Interface: Scan)-1
+5 Skill points to Athletics, +20 to Fray-5
+5 points to Intuition-5
+5 points to Savvy-5
+5 points to Willpower-5
Posable Morph Upgradesget!*: Mind Amp, Skillware*, Clean Metabolism, Circadian Regulation, Enhanced Respiration, Crytpo App.
Observer Morph: Cost: 5 MP, Avail: 50, WT: 7, DUR: 35, DR: 53, Insight: 3, Moxie: 1, Vigor: 1, Flex: 2, Movement Rate: Walker 4/20, Ware: Biomods, Cortical Stack, Mesh Inserts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EP4.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	83575   Click image for larger version

Name:	EP4a.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	83576   Click image for larger version

Name:	EP1.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	83577  

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Fri: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE

Last edited by Silk; 03-31-2020 at 01:42 AM.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:27 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1628
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
right-aligned image
Name: Juno Reyes (has used 'Castle' as a callsign and code name in the past)

Role: Combat / Techie

Appearance: Juno was a lean, athletic Latina woman with dark hair and eyes. Not impressive in stature, but quick and agile. She lost this body during the Fall however, and had resigned herself to never seeing it again. She has had several sleeves since then, most recently a caucasian with rich brown hair and smoldering eyes that she obtained just before leaving the armed forces to join the private sector.

Mannerisms/Personality: Juno has a direct and forthright manner that is easily mistaken for being simple, and often seems overly blunt. When she doesn't know what to say, she stays quiet. Juno has strong emotions that she often struggles to control, but tries to project cool professionalism as much as she can. When off duty and can relax, she has a much more laid back persona and loves nothing more than hanging out with a few good friends. Juno isn't fond of spending idle time by herself and either finds things to keep herself busy, or seeks out some kind of company. Juno still remembers Earth, and despises what happened to it. At present she's not active in supporting efforts to reclaim it, but if she felt like a serious possibility of success existed she would be first in line. At least, that's what she tells herself. Deeper down the horrors of the Fall weigh heavy on her, and poison any thoughts of return.

Background: Juno remembers a few things from before the Fall. Snips of her family, dad and brothers mostly, living a hard, impoverished life amidst gangs and crime in an inner city. She remembers turning to the military to escape it...and then just brief moments. Faces disconnected from context. Flashes of battles. And then waking up in orbit in someone else's body. The psychosurgery required to keep her ego intact hadn't been kind, but she was still herself. At least, she still felt that way. Without a lot of other options, she returned to the armed forces.

For five years she served the Consortium, dutifully if not entirely loyally. When the time came to re-enlist she declined. By then she had a much deeper grasp of the Solar System and its factions, and knew that she had aspirations beyond being a storm trooper. Exactly what those aspirations were was something she was less certain of. Juno went into private security, working for a small company in the outer solar system. It was working on a contract there that she first came into contact with Firewall, though she didn't know it immediately at the time. Running security for some Argonauts, they ran into some unexpected trouble with a cell of exsurgents, one in which not all of them would survive. During that time she learned a lot more about the Argonauts in general, and found out about Firewall from one of the survivors.

That was the beginning of her recruitment into Firewall. Like most agents she maintained her previous occupation while being 'on call' for Firewall assigments. Juno did finally leave her job at Brannon Security Solutions to head back to the inner system, as it made the 'commutes' much easier to deal with. At that point she was mostly independent, something between a private bodyguard and a mercenary soldier. In fact she had just finished a particularly odd contract running concert security for an entertainer named 'YumYum' where she had wound up not only accidentally going on stage to stop a backstage stalker, but then getting improvised into taking part in the show itself. It was quite a night!

Too bad she doesn't remember it anymore.

right-aligned image

Muse: Janine - Juno's muse is eternally perky, polite, and unfailingly positive in every situation. She was originally the default muse of Juno's new sleeve, and Juno just never got around to resetting her or replacing her. After awhile Juno realized that she'd come to rather like Janine as she was, and decided to leave her that way on purpose. Over time of course Janine learned Juno's personality and mannerisms more, so her responses are now more nuanced...but she's still basically the same chirpy and upbeat software that she started out as.

Last edited by SalmonMax; 03-30-2020 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-21-2020, 02:19 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk View Post

I'll have to go back and reword a few things but thats the basics of the idea I had floating in my head for the past year.
I did something new with the flashbacks, let me know if you hate it.
Hate it? Nope. Love it? Yeah, it was an excellent way to tell a story. I'm loving everything about your character right now, except one thing, the timing of it all. Woken in AF 2, work for another 7 years taking you to AF 9, and then nine months on a scum barge basically brings you to present. Now if your intention is to be new to Luna, and to having any body except a synthetic shell, then that works. If you want any time in your character's backstory to enjoy a fleshy life (let alone earn one), then you might want to pull those numbers back.

In particular I'm thinking about the 7 year indenture. That's a pretty long one. IIRC 4-5 is the typical indenture contract, 1-2 is for super hazardous work (embodying a quartz morph on the surface of Venus directly, with very little chance of cortical stack recovery is a year), 2-4 is for unpleasant-but-necessary work, or extremely educated work (prostitution, mercenary, rocket science), and 4-6 (could be many more if you're spendy) for boring-but-necessary work (data entry, server management, etc...). The 10 or so year contracts are basically limited to true, 'doesn't know jack', jobs, typically the ones where you are embodied and end up paying for food/shelter/shell maintenance/etc. . .

Now I think you were going for the second last, with a hint of 'educated' on top. So I think you could pull back your years-served a bit (if you want a later AF date still, I'd suggest start at 3, and indenture for 5, but that's just one way to do it). But you can actually INCREASE your total years served, by having your entire time be spent in accelerated simulspace since you and your forks were infomorphs. As an example, if you keep the same number of forks and just use a mild x4 accelerated simulspace, a 5 year contract becomes 280 years of labor for your 13 forks + alpha. (As a note, iirc simulspace acceleration is limited to x60, but that speed isn't used regularly)

If you want to have served 7 years I won't stop you, but I think a little fleshing out of 'why' it took so long would be nice in that case (corps screwing you is obvious, but spending extensively on simulspaces for your free time is one, so is renting bodies once in a while to get outside for a change). There are tons of options, so let your imagination run wild.

Oh, and 'forked over' is an amazing phrase. Just had to say it.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:59 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks for the feedback Under. The years I posted were just off the top of my head and I did not know about contract lengths so I will adjust it to a 4 year indenture. I do like that you put prostitution under extremely educated work

I would like her to have a morph other than the case by the time she landed on Luna...maybe from the Scum? Also, I would like to have some faction with them(made friends in the 9 months Scumming?) I'll see about adding a bit about the morph and making friends later. And I forgot completely about accelerated simulspace...but are they that evil...probably yes

But thanks to your feedback, I am wondering just what kind of entertainment a work-a-holic like Amelia would do for fun...I'll have to think about it some more. And yes, 'forked over' is a good phrase and exemplifies exactly what happened to her and the curse word that the profanity filter blocked me from using

Old 03-22-2020, 04:48 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 232
Rave Rave Rave
Posting tenative interest. However, I am a newbie to the system (never heard of it before now, am currently devouring all the free pdfs i can find). Is there a 2e source that dives more into what morph implants, advantages and disadvantages do?
Old 03-22-2020, 01:08 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
croese croese
I have wanted to play Eclipse Phase for a long time so I was very excited when I came across your thread. Here is my character submission. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Application
Name: Tarnell, Tarn (alias: Bottlenose)

Role (Primary/secondary): Knowledge/combat

Previous Morph: Firewall sleeved him in a Bouncer morph for his last mission and this is the last morph he remembers being in. It was a somewhat more compact sleeve but it was well-suited to the microgravity habitat of the Belt station where the mission took place.

Current Morph: After being restored from his backup, he was in a different body than he remembered last and deduced that he must've bought it during his last mission. Looking in the mirror, they had put him in a basic synth sleeve. Sleek black but nothing special about it. Hmm, must've just gotten whatever was on the shelf, he thinks.

Mannerisms/Personality:
The playfulness of his animal heritage still lies just below the surface, and he likes to give nicknames to other people.

Obsessed with the plays of Shakespeare and is not shy about telling people so.

He still gets vertigo from time to time in wide open areas.

Tends to stay cool under stress but generally can't lie to save his life.

Tarnell is a rather vocal Reclaimer. His dream is to find and restore animal species that perished in the Fall.

Background:

Tarnell began life as an uplifted dolphin in a hypercorp research lab on pre-Fall Earth. He grew up with a pod of other neo-dolphins under the care of the research scientists there. His uplifted intellect, combined with his natural dolphin curiosity, allowed him to absorb new knowledge at a rapid pace and, in particular, he took to the field of biology under the tutelage of his mentor, Dr. McIntyre. He had a happy existence and he had the hypercorp to thank for that.

Then the Fall came. The lab where Tarn and his pod were housed was under attack by TITAN machines. The building was in flames and collapsing all around them. The scientists, not wanting to lose the research that they'd spent so much time on, attempted to flee with the dolphin pack. They were hunted down and killed. For Tarn, everything went black.

AF 3

As consciousness returned and he opened his eyes to the bright light, Tarnell remembered...

He remembered the crystal clear blueness of the water in the tank, a stark contrast to the polluted seas outside the lab.

He remembered splashing and playing with his podmates, the closest thing he had to a family.

He remembered talking with the lab's scientists and technicians, absorbing knowledge while they studied his burgeoning sapience.

He remembered Dr. McIntyre, the lab's senior biologist, telling him about the amazing animal diversity on Earth.

He remembered the flames and TITAN machines destroying everything he knew.

He remembered his own death.

He remembered. And he screamed.

Tarnell jolted awake in a VR sim, unsure of where he was or how he got there. The digital assistant filled in the details for him. He was running on Somatek's servers at their Luna facility. His stack had been collected as part of a series of extractions that Somatek had paid for in order to collect research data and stacks from the wreckage of Earth uplift facilities. The assistant could not provide him any info about the rest of his pod's egos. It also helpfully informed him of his debt to the corp that he'd have to pay off, including the psychosurgery costs that rebuilt his traumatized mind.

After he'd finished repaying Somatek, he didn't really know what to do with himself, feeling unmoored. He heard about the Solarians and decided he'd go there and lose himself in the familiarity of swimming around in Sol's corona, albeit in a much different environment. This time allowed him to work through his loss and he eventually decided to return to Luna and forge himself a career in this new post-Fall world. Remembering his time with Dr. McIntyre, he decided to focus on biology and, in particular, the study of the species that perished in the Fall and ways of restoring them (leaning towards the Genehacker career). During his training, he fell in with a group of radical Reclaimers. They told him that they knew the location of a cache of pre-Fall elephant DNA down on Earth. He'd always had nostalgia for his homeworld and they were eventually able to convince him to help them out. In reality, they were trying to find a TITAN artifact - a nanoswarm that they figured could help them accelerate Earth terraforming. The mission went south partway through and one of the team members turned out to be an embedded Firewall sentinel. most of the Reclaimers died during the attempt but Tarnell was rescued and offered him a job in lieu of punishment.

Tarnell has completed a few missions as a sentinel and built up a decent rapport with his cellmates and his proxy. What he doesn't remember is the last mission he participated in: his cell was investigating rumors of an exsurgent virus outbreak in a Belt habitat and, after Tarn's analysis, ended up being a new version of the "haunting virus" strain which he reported back to his proxy. The infection had progressed much further than originally thought and the hab had to be destroyed. Unfortunately, Tarn and a couple members of his cell were also infected and had to stay behind and be wiped out with the habitat.

Muse: Tarnell's Muse is named <TRANSLATOR ERROR: UNRECOGNIZED LANGUAGE> in his native dolphin language, which loosely translates to "those who surround and support me" in English - but he usually just refers to it as "Pod" for short. Pod's virtual appearance is that of a group of dolphins swimming around. After Tarnell lost the rest of his real podmates during the Fall, Pod became the stand-in for that support group and has, over time, developed what seem like multiple personalities - mimicking the many points-of-views of Tarnell's lost comrades and giving him advice and support in challenging situations. Whether these personalities are all really separate or the distinctions lie solely in Tarnell's mind...not even he really knows.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	synth.png
Views:	48
Size:	289.2 KB
ID:	83587  

Last edited by croese; 03-23-2020 at 02:32 PM. Reason: fixing details
Old 03-22-2020, 04:20 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by croese View Post
I have wanted to play Eclipse Phase for a long time so I was very excited when I came across your thread. Here is my character submission. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Application
Name: Tarnell, Tarn (alias: Bottlenose)

Role (Primary/secondary): Knowledge/combat

Appearance: Currently in an infomorph sleeve that has the appearance of a dolphin.

Mannerisms/Personality:
The playfulness of his animal heritage still lies just below the surface, and he likes to give nicknames to other people.

Obsessed with the plays of Shakespeare and is not shy about telling people so.

He still gets vertigo from time to time in wide open areas.

Tends to stay cool under stress but generally can't lie to save his life.

Background:

As consciousness returned and he opened his eyes to the bright light, Tarnell remembered...

He remembered the crystal clear blueness of the water in the tank, a stark contrast to the polluted seas outside the lab.

He remembered splashing and playing with his podmates, the closest thing he had to a family.

He remembered talking with the lab's scientists and technicians, absorbing knowledge while they studied his burgeoning sapience.

He remembered Dr. McIntyre, the lab's senior biologist, telling him about the amazing animal diversity on Earth.

He remembered the flames and TITAN machines destroying everything he knew.

He remembered his own death.

He remembered. And he screamed.

Tarnell began life as an uplifted dolphin in a hypercorp research lab on pre-Fall Earth. He grew up with a pod of other neo-dolphins under the care of the research scientists there. His uplifted intellect, combined with his natural dolphin curiosity, allowed him to absorb new knowledge at a rapid pace and, in particular, he took to the field of biology under the tutelage of his mentor, Dr. McIntyre. He had a happy existence and he had the hypercorp to thank for that.

Then the Fall came, destroying the lab and killing everyone in it. Tarnell did his best to hide and wait out the devastation but he was eventually found and killed by a TITAN machine. Luckily, Dr. McIntyre had been able to transmit a backup of his ego to Luna where it remained in digital storage until after the war.

Tarnell awakened in a VR sim on Luna, one of the mass of infugees. He scoured the Mesh and was able to piece together what happened to his former life and colleagues and he was devastated. He didn't know what he was going to do without his pod, without his friends. He heard about the Solarians and decided he'd go there and lose himself in the familiarity of swimming around, albeit in a much different environment. Due to the massive data corruption that occurred during the Fall, the debts he had with the hypercorp (which he had only found out about after being restored from backup) had been wiped out. This time allowed him to work through his loss and he eventually decided to return to Luna and forge himself a career in this new post-Fall world. Remembering his time with Dr. McIntyre, he decided to focus on biology and, in particular, the study of the species that perished in the Fall and ways of restoring them (leaning towards the Genehacker career). During his training, he fell in with a group of radical Reclaimers. They told him that they knew the location of a cache of pre-Fall elephant DNA down on Earth. He'd always had nostalgia for his homeworld and they were eventually able to convince him to help them out. In reality, they were trying to find a TITAN artifact - a nanoswarm that they figured could help them accelerate Earth terraforming. The mission went south partway through and one of the team members turned out to be an embedded Firewall sentinel. most of the Reclaimers died during the attempt but Tarnell was rescued and offered him a job in lieu of punishment.

Tarnell has completed a few missions as a sentinel and built up a decent rapport with his cellmates and his proxy. What he doesn't remember is the last mission he participated in: his cell was investigating rumors of an exsurgent virus outbreak in a Belt habitat and, after Tarn's analysis, ended up being a new version of the "haunting virus" strain which he reported back to his proxy. The infection had progressed much further than originally thought and the hab had to be destroyed. Unfortunately, Tarn and a couple members of his cell were also infected and had to stay behind and be wiped out with the habitat.

Muse: Tarnell's Muse is named <TRANSLATOR ERROR: UNRECOGNIZED LANGUAGE> in his native dolphin language, which loosely translates to "those who surround and support me" in English - but he usually just refers to it as "Pod" for short. Pod's virtual appearance is that of a group of dolphins swimming around. After Tarnell lost the rest of his real podmates during the Fall, Pod became the stand-in for that support group and has, over time, developed what seem like multiple personalities - mimicking the many points-of-views of Tarnell's lost comrades and giving him advice and support in challenging situations. Whether these personalities are all really separate or the distinctions lie solely in Tarnell's mind...not even he really knows.

Thank you
I do want everyone to start in a real body, which may tie in with their alienation from not remembering what caused their deaths—why they're in this specific body is another mystery to solve. In particular, if your secondary role is combat, you'll need a body to do that. I wouldn't be opposed to you running as an infomorph jamming one or more bodies though, but you'll technically be starting out sleeved (even if it's just in a synth with a ghostrider where you can promptly upload your alpha into the module). SOMEONE is fronting the cost for all of you to wake up with bodies.

As for the rest of your application, I'm really enjoying it. Good to see an uplift. A little playfulness can be a relief in dark times.

I am curious about the death that Tarnell supposedly remembers though. In your background a backup of him was saved from his birthplace, not his stack. He lived after his Reclaimer action. And he died when his infected self was destroyed during a Firewall mission, another instance in which he would have to be restored from a backup. So currently your background has no moment where he died, and would remember it. If you could expand to include that I'd appreciate it, especially since it seems so traumatic to Tarnell.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:55 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
croese croese
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderDarkLord View Post
I do want everyone to start in a real body, which may tie in with their alienation from not remembering what caused their deaths—why they're in this specific body is another mystery to solve. In particular, if your secondary role is combat, you'll need a body to do that. I wouldn't be opposed to you running as an infomorph jamming one or more bodies though, but you'll technically be starting out sleeved (even if it's just in a synth with a ghostrider where you can promptly upload your alpha into the module). SOMEONE is fronting the cost for all of you to wake up with bodies.

As for the rest of your application, I'm really enjoying it. Good to see an uplift. A little playfulness can be a relief in dark times.

I am curious about the death that Tarnell supposedly remembers though. In your background a backup of him was saved from his birthplace, not his stack. He lived after his Reclaimer action. And he died when his infected self was destroyed during a Firewall mission, another instance in which he would have to be restored from a backup. So currently your background has no moment where he died, and would remember it. If you could expand to include that I'd appreciate it, especially since it seems so traumatic to Tarnell.
Thanks for the feedback. I thought about the combat thing after I posted it so I've updated the starting morph and the morph from his last mission. As far as the backstory, I've fixed that up. I started with a couple of backstory ideas and took a little of each and didn't iron out all the timeline differences, apparently...

Last edited by croese; 03-22-2020 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-23-2020, 01:02 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
Okay, I went through and fixed the following:
  • Pointed out with T-tags that Amelia's surname is Greek for flavor.
  • Rephrased most of the sentence structure of Amelia's background to make it read better.(I usually do this before posting but ran out of time)
  • Added a reason why a corporation would risk illegally Forking someone multiple times if they were too inquisitive for their own good and not particularly loyal.(I think I came up with something believable )
  • Added a flashback of when Amelia was traveling with the scum and how she could earn a biomorph from them.
  • Have the mystery man tell her that she was illegally Forked 13 times, not the 7 that the company told her, and that they were using her to test their security network.
  • Fanaggled in a mention that the Scum morph was a well endowed Hibernoid and the Firewall provided one was an Observer morph.
  • And added in a section at the bottom about things I couldn't fit into the Background due to it getting too long as it was. The most notable being she was a PI for about two years on Luna.(I'll add it if you don't mind long backgrounds but I feel it's already pretty long as it is and I still have to figure out the other stuff on my app.)
Edit: Just for flavor, I was wondering if Firewall would add a Circadian Regulator That is the Hibernoid sleep regulator that lets them only sleep 2 hours a day, right?system to her current morph since she is used to it? Can it be added later? Just wondering, and it's not terribly important.

Edit #2: The Background is effectively done and will not change anymore unless their's something you want me to fix. Sorry for making you read it twice

Edit #3: Added her appearance.

Last edited by Silk; 03-23-2020 at 03:21 AM.
Old 03-23-2020, 01:57 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk View Post
Okay, I went through and fixed the following:
  • Pointed out with T-tags that Amelia's surname is Greek for flavor.
  • Rephrased most of the sentence structure of Amelia's background to make it read better.(I usually do this before posting but ran out of time)
  • Added a reason why a corporation would risk illegally Forking someone multiple times if they were too inquisitive for their own good and not particularly loyal.(I think I came up with something believable )
  • Added a flashback of when Amelia was traveling with the scum and how she could earn a biomorph from them.
  • Have the mystery man tell her that she was illegally Forked 13 times, not the 7 that the company told her, and that they were using her to test their security network.
  • Fanaggled in a mention that the Scum morph was a well endowed Hibernoid and the Firewall provided one was an Observer morph.
  • And added in a section at the bottom about things I couldn't fit into the Background due to it getting too long as it was. The most notable being she was a PI for about two years on Luna.(I'll add it if you don't mind long backgrounds but I feel it's already pretty long as it is and I still have to figure out the other stuff on my app.)
Edit: Just for flavor, I was wondering if Firewall would add a Circadian Regulator That is the Hibernoid sleep regulator that lets them only sleep 2 hours a day, right?system to her current morph since she is used to it? Can it be added later? Just wondering, and it's not terribly important.

Edit #2: The Background is effectively done and will not change anymore unless their's something you want me to fix. Sorry for making you read it twice

Edit #3: Added her appearance.
I don't mind reading. I'm all-in on reading. So length, and edits, don't bother me.

Your notes on your morph do indicate something tho, are you directly using notes from 1e? Or referencing a 1e book?

2e does away with morphs providing innate attribute modifiers, so you don't have to worry about that. Also the Observer morph hasn't been statted out yet for 2e (but I'm perfectly willing to work with you on developing it, it's basically a tweak on advanced splicers like the Exalt, or Olympian). I've always had a soft spot for the Observer's lore, and stats so that may play a part

Love what you've added.

To answer your question, you'll all have resources to modify your morph in ways you want (and which you think Firewall/mysterious benefactor may want). So as long as you want it, I'm unlikely to restrict specific modifications (I'll just be keeping an eye on sheer quantity of morph ware). And Circadian regulation makes sense for an Observer to boot.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:49 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
yep, I forgot I was looking at the 1e morph guide something I'll have to look over once I get the book.

Glad you like it

Last edited by Silk; 03-23-2020 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:19 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1628
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Quick question on sleeves...

We're waking up in a 'new' body, yes? I'm kind of assuming we get to define what it is in terms of mechanics, but narratively speaking is the body wake up in the same as the one we remember ourselves being in? If my character, for example, has an Olympian to start, is that MY Olympian or is that a strange new Olympian that doesn't look like what I remember?
Old 03-24-2020, 12:47 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonMax View Post
Quick question on sleeves...

We're waking up in a 'new' body, yes? I'm kind of assuming we get to define what it is in terms of mechanics, but narratively speaking is the body wake up in the same as the one we remember ourselves being in? If my character, for example, has an Olympian to start, is that MY Olympian or is that a strange new Olympian that doesn't look like what I remember?
I'm open to whatever you feel is strange. From 'how the hell is my birth body, which I left on Mars before egocasting, here?' to 'wow, I've never been in x before'. So in that scenario you could have a brand new Olympian, or you could have one you've worn before (from often, to exactly once).

The only condition is that I want you to include a body that you were wearing during the 'lack' period, which has to be different (and is more likely than not something you don't remember wearing if it was specifically for the mission).

Since the lack period is going to be at least a few months at the lowest, there are plenty of strange things that could have happened to get you into the exact body you wake up in.

Last edited by UnderDarkLord; 03-24-2020 at 12:49 PM.