Old 03-17-2020, 02:01 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 404
Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire View Post
I also like linking characters back stories. Could be fun to link Tolan and Letholdus. Were you thinking that they started the journey in Pleasent Green, or they met up along the way headed for the same place?

Either way would be fine to me - what would you prefer? If Tolan doesn't have a specified home yet, perhaps he was one of the residents who managed to survive?

We also don't have to make these connections concrete right now, we can see if we're chosen for the game first. I'm just putting out feelers for possible connections if we do get in. Judging by other game application threads here, there'll be quite a few excellent candidate to choose from, so there's definitely no certainty that any of us will get in. I just like to have possible connections percolating through so that once the game gets going I can jump in feet first and up and running.

Also added a possible connection with Chance to my earlier post.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12307
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
RP sample of a fight completed.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:07 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12307
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
My Goliath character could have a connection with anyone. She's a 'Far Traveler' so she could have come across anyone at anytime.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:20 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 692
Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemming23 View Post
Either way would be fine to me - what would you prefer? If Tolan doesn't have a specified home yet, perhaps he was one of the residents who managed to survive?

We also don't have to make these connections concrete right now, we can see if we're chosen for the game first. I'm just putting out feelers for possible connections if we do get in. Judging by other game application threads here, there'll be quite a few excellent candidate to choose from, so there's definitely no certainty that any of us will get in. I just like to have possible connections percolating through so that once the game gets going I can jump in feet first and up and running.

Also added a possible connection with Chance to my earlier post.
This is true. If and when we are picked we can go into greater detail about connections and back stories. But it is a good thing to think about now, makes it easier in the future. But Tolan has not been given a home yet

Last edited by Cheshire; 03-17-2020 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-17-2020, 03:47 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 800
KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane
App complete, including single round combat roleplay sample. Everything important is on the char sheet.
Things to Remember #1: When attempting to bluff ones way out of an old bar bill, it is not wise to yell Tab?! TAB?!! I have been in this bar before, ye drunken lout!
As the Troll Master Chef was wont to say : There's no Race like Gnome, for the Hollendaise.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:15 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6159
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Wow....I gotta say there are some odd combinations, but I like them! Whoever goes into the dungeon I am sure will die in a spectacular fashion.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:33 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25090
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Another PCs grinder.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:42 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
Another PCs grinder.
Who doesn't like to grind up a couple NPC's?
Old 03-17-2020, 10:08 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklin View Post
Any room left? I am interested in playing but have only done one Solo Adventure in 5E. Are you willing to take the time to teach me what I need to know? I have played 1st and 2nd editions for 35 years. I purchased the 1st Hardback the day it came out. It will take some time to create a character but I am thinking An Elven Wizard. Once I find out your willing to teach I will start with your character App.
Sorry I just saw this! Of course I would be happy to help. A dungeon dive would probably go great lengths to learning the mechanics as well. Just ask away and we will get you settled
Old 03-18-2020, 02:53 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 273
Conductor Conductor Conductor
I think I am finished with Carissa's application.
Old 03-18-2020, 03:04 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
I am one who greatly enjoys randomness in terms of the game so I will give people the chance to roll for their stats if they would rather.

You can roll 4d6 and keep the highest 3. But be warned, once you roll you cannot go back

If you want to roll in this thread here and pray to cthulhu that you roll well!

Last edited by Totentanzen; 03-19-2020 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:41 PM
Rusty Wordsmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1697
BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord
Shiver Me...Name: Torrim "Nim" Timbers
left-aligned image

Race: Rock Gnome
Class: Warlock (Archfey Patron: Siobhan Alastai of the Coral Court)
Character Sheet: Nim Timbers
(STR 10, DEX 12, CON 13+1 [14], INT 13+2 [15], WIS 10, CHA 15)

Traits: Curious and Socially-Oblivious
Ideal: Constant, committed pursuit of his craft
Flaw: Satisfaction is impossible when aiming for perfection
Bond: Nim has a working relationship with Map Makers from most cities and larger towns

Personality: Short, unkempt, tatted, pierced, and missing an eye: Nim was a pointy-eared, crazy-haired gnome, good-natured but aloof, often stopping mid-conversation to dash off toward destinations unknown. He's persistent--what more would call foolishly stubborn--and finds it difficult to connect to those without a passion (or passionate love for the long way 'round and every shortcut in-between). When necessary, Nim is stern and boasts a spine of steel; nothing makes him back down when he needs a way forward.

Last edited by BinnFord; 03-19-2020 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:27 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1055
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
In terms of prior connections, if y'all want to be city slickers instead of country bumpkins, Tolan, Chance, Earahl, Carissa, and possibly Nim all seem like the type to make regular trips through the big city and, of course, the type to need someone small and unobtrusive to find people or carry messages. Rontae is reliable and discreet, and surprisingly cheap.
Old 03-19-2020, 03:53 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 692
Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire
@penbeast0 not sure how many people Tolan would need to find. Rontae could always help people find Tolan, or find shops that have the best teas and bring it to Tolan. Tolan could compensate him for that.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:25 AM
Rusty Wordsmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1697
BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord
Quote:
Originally Posted by penbeast0 View Post
...possibly Nim all seem like the type to make regular trips through the big city and, of course, the type to need someone small and unobtrusive to find people or carry messages. Rontae is reliable and discreet, and surprisingly cheap.
Nim, believing every single map he draws to be of excellent and unparalleled quality (and, perhaps, being just a wee bit paranoid), would almost certainly seek out a discrete message carrier to send his "updates" to the local Map Makers. He'd probably not remember Rontae's name, though. It's nothing personal. He's just a bit...touched. (He'd remember Rontae's face.)

Last edited by BinnFord; 03-19-2020 at 08:26 AM.