Old 03-19-2020, 12:16 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 155
bubsmcp bubsmcp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totentanzen View Post
If you want to roll in this thread here and pray to cthulhu that you roll well!
Now I'm excited!
Old 03-19-2020, 03:45 PM
The red pandas are coming

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19550
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Take 3! Need to convert this adorable little possessed psychopath.

Rissi
right-aligned image

NAME: Rissi
CLASS: Witch
RACE: Ratfolk - 9 RP
STATS: 26 Point Buy: STR 08 | DEX 14 | CON 14 | INT 18 | WIS 14 | CHA 07

DESCRIPTION: Rissi appears small for a ratfolk, but much of that is due to her hunched posture and withdrawn attitude. She is generally well-groomed, as her appearance is one of the few things she feels any control over, but her dress is intentionally plain with little jewelry in sight. She has found it is best to avoid attention as much as possible, as conflict tends to bring out the worst in her.

PERSONALITY: Outside of combat, Rissi is quiet and detached. She prefers to stay hidden in the shadows and keep her eye out for potential trouble, or potential gain. She is distrusting of strangers, and to Rissi, everyone is a stranger. Unlike most ratfolk, she has no bond with her kin.

If it comes to a fight, something troubled takes control of Rissi. Her eyes turn blood red, and to anyone unlucky enough to observe her in this state, she seems to lose all semblance of sanity. Her actions in a fight are unpredictable, and she is just as likely to play with her prey, torturing it from the shadows, as she is to silently slip up behind it and kill it. When the fight ends, the color fades from her eyes, and Rissi regains control, although with no memory of what happened.

BACKGROUND: Rissi has always had an air of the unnatural about her, and in her youth she found herself estranged from her packmates because of it. One day her patron spirit took control, wreaking vengeance on those who had picked on her, bullied her, and beaten her. When Rissi came to, she saw what she had done and fled the warren. Images of bloodied, broken, and terrified packmates followed her, no matter how fast she ran.

Since that day, Rissi has been alone, with only that demon she couldn't control to keep her company. After years of living in the streets and sewers, years of stealing everything to survive, and years of only speaking to the voice in her head, it's safe to say that Rissi may very well be as crazy as the spirit that possesses her. She never made a conscious decision to go to Rappan Athuk, but nevertheless found herself standing at the entrance to the dungeon, compelled to enter and seek her fate.
Old 03-19-2020, 04:56 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 692
Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire
@LittleBlueNA Is Rissi a pathfinder character? Can you modify to 5e? The character sheet looks like pathfinder.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:49 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6243
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totentanzen View Post
I am one who greatly enjoys randomness in terms of the game so I will give people the chance to roll for their stats if they would rather.

You can roll 4d6 and keep the highest 3. But be warned, once you roll you cannot go back

If you want to roll in this thread here and pray to cthulhu that you roll well!
I made a bad decision and I should feel bad....

Either all yall rolled incredibly well or just downright bad....LittleblueNA rolled a 13 point buy.

Sorry to completley steam roll your characters but I am gonna go back to 27 point buy.

To compensate though, I will allow you to raise ONE score to 16 before racial modifiers if you so choose. The cost from 15-16 would be 12 points though.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12307
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Adjusted. Thanks Totentanzen.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:29 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 273
Conductor Conductor Conductor
I started with 27 so I'm good.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:41 PM
Rusty Wordsmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1697
BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord
Okay, I updated Nim!
Old 03-19-2020, 07:25 PM
The red pandas are coming

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19550
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire View Post
@LittleBlueNA Is Rissi a pathfinder character? Can you modify to 5e? The character sheet looks like pathfinder.
Yes, she is. I think I can carry over her basic essence, at least. She was a hoot to play, I made her for RA originally.

Last edited by LittleBlueNA; 03-19-2020 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:44 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 406
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Name: Estriss-Dahk El-Pasamay-Salazar (Estriss)
Image:
Race: Yuanti Pureblood
Class: Sorcerer (Divine Soul)
Stats: Str 8, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 16
Mechanical Background: Soldier
Trait: Applies military tactics to EVERYTHING!
Ideal: Responsibility - I do what I must, and obey just authority. (Lawful)
Flaw: I obey the law, even if the law causes misery.
Bond: I'll never forget the crushing defeat my company suffered, or the enemies who dealt it.
Personality: While both callous and emotionless, he is actually trustworthy! This isn't down to any kind of moral sense on his part, but rather a form of long term planning on his part. He knows the reputation that his people (rightly) have, and knows that if he ever breaks trust, then nobody will ever trust him again.
Background: The Yuanti Salazar Clan were already on the verge of ruin when they made the fateful (and final) decision to raid the labyrinthine dungeon of Rappan Athuk. In their arrogance, the Clan Leaders decided to go through the front entrance! Estriss, as the lowest ranking of the lowest Caste was left outside to guard the supplies and keep the slaves in order. Unfortunately, the supplies acted as a beacon to one of the bandit gangs that made their home in this area. Woefully overmatched, Estriss spent his few spells and the lives of the slaves in order to make his escape. Reaching a vantage point, he looked behind to make sure he was not being pursued, only to see the battered remnants of Clan Salazar emerge from Rappan Athuk and get cut to pieces by people they would regard as inferior. So, alone, clanless, and given that he would be killed if he returned to the Yuan ti lands, also homeless, he slunk off, determined to return to pillage the treasures which weren't his by right!
Roleplay sample of a fight: The brigands had struck without warning and the slaves were falling like dominoes! Estriss was sniping from behind cover, and noticed that one of the slaves had got in a lucky shot before being cut down. Lucky for me! Thought Estriss as he pointed at the unfortunate bandit. A terrible tolling sound rang out as the vitality was drained until only a lifeless husk was left.
Some of the bandits had started to loot the wagons before the "fight" was over, including the one containing the alchemy supplies!
Fools! Thought Estriss as he pointed at the wagon. A cone of fire issued forth, catching the wagon alight. The resulting explosion took out the best part of a dozen brigands and attracted the attention of the rest. Estriss used the distraction to make his escape. Staying here would only result in my death, benefiting nobody, he reasoned.
His way was blocked by a bandit, who jumped out of the undergrowth, obviously placed there to prevent anybody from fleeing in this direction. Hmm! Perhaps not quite so foolish after all!
"No way out and nowhere to run! Yer gonna die little Lizard Wizard!" Taunted the bandit.
Estriss stepped in and placed his hand over the man's chest. Just before his Inflict spell turned his heart to ash, Estriss whispered "I am no f*cking Wizard!"

Last edited by triedtherest; 03-22-2020 at 11:36 PM.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:39 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 821
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
Tasin
left-aligned image
Name: Tasin Ninke Jafliroar
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Class: Sorcerer
Character Sheet

Trait: I look down on those who can't appreciate a good drink.
Ideal: Generosity: My talents were given to me so I can use them to benefit the world.
Flaw: I am never satisfied with what I have. I always want more.
Bond: One day I will return to my guild and prove to them that I am the greatest brewer of all.

Personality: Tasin is not your normal dwarf. He actually is a lot happier than most dwarves appear. He is more tolerant than most dwarves. But just like all dwarves he loves his ale. More so because he likes to make his own. Where most dwarves distrust everyone until they prove trustworthy, Tasin is the opposite. He waits for you to prove you are untrustworthy. In a group he is willing to follow the lead of others and do his part in a fight. He is not afraid to be up front and fight, but prefers to be a rear guard as he is better at supporting than being a front line man.

Background: Tasin was born on the holiest day of Moradin worshipers. His mother is a leader in the clergy of Moradin and his father is one of the top smiths in the colony. He was marked as being a special, blessed child and the fact that his features were not like either of his parents. They both are dark tanned skin with dark hair and Tasin was born with fir skin, green eyes and blonde hair. As he grew up there were several times that he miraculously avoid an accident or injury further proving to others that he was blessed by Moradin. As he grew and received his training it was discovered that he had an inner magic and so was trained in its use. Like most dwarves he is a competent fighter, but even better when he adds in his magic.

So now that he is an adult he is feeling a pull to go out into the world and to fight evil in the name of Moradin. Having heard of Rappan Athuk he decided that was a good place to start. He is more interested in defeating evil than becoming famous or rich, but that does not mean he does not think of those things. He realizes he will need the money he earns to buy better equipment and pay for normal living expenses. So for the glory of Moradin he prepares to set forth.

Roleplay sample of a fight:Seeing his teammate being surrounded by the goblins, Tasin moves in to lend a hand. He gives a quick chant and his hammer glows with a green flame. He takes a second to get his aim right and then slams his hammer two handed into one goblins head. As the goblin collapses the green fire leaps from the hammer and hits the goblin standing right beside him, singing the goblin and curling its hair as it burns.

"Don't worry Karl, I got your back!"

Roll for starting
Dice Roll:
3d4x10 (2, 3, 4)x10 Total = 90
gold. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by Draidden; 03-25-2020 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-20-2020, 01:29 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
I have enough applicants to run the game so I am moving up the deadline to March 29th. I will probably cut that shorter by the weekend if we get more.
Old 03-20-2020, 01:45 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 692
Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire
This is exciting news!
Old 03-20-2020, 02:13 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I would like to purchase equipment rather than take the starting stuff. Some DM's give max gold others say roll and pray it is enough. Which do you go by.

The reason is I would like to start with medium armor and a warhammer and have no chance of that with starting equipment for sorcerer and guild artisan.
Old 03-20-2020, 02:39 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draidden View Post
I would like to purchase equipment rather than take the starting stuff. Some DM's give max gold others say roll and pray it is enough. Which do you go by.

The reason is I would like to start with medium armor and a warhammer and have no chance of that with starting equipment for sorcerer and guild artisan.
Roll or average
Old 03-20-2020, 05:25 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
One last question. I have always played that a spellcaster gets a free spell component pouch. If not that is okay he will just have his spell components scattered throughout pockets and his regular pouch. Cause he can't afford 25 gp for the spell component Pouch.