RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 03-20-2020, 06:46 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6159
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draidden View Post
One last question. I have always played that a spellcaster gets a free spell component pouch. If not that is okay he will just have his spell components scattered throughout pockets and his regular pouch. Cause he can't afford 25 gp for the spell component Pouch.
Yeah I mean youl probably die anyway so why not haha
Old 03-20-2020, 06:57 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 821
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totentanzen View Post
Yeah I mean youl probably die anyway so why not haha

I live to disappoint!
Old 03-20-2020, 07:24 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5029
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
ApplicationName: Hoh-ka'ar
Image:
right-aligned image

Race: Bugbear
Class: Rogue
Character Sheet: http://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=84138
Trait: I put no trust in divine beings.
I donít run from evil. Evil runs from me.
Ideal: I have a dark calling that puts me above the law.
Flaw: I feel no compassion for the dead. Theyíre the lucky ones.
Bond: Thereís evil in me, I can feel it. It must never be set free.
Personality: Hoh-ka'ar is callous and calculated, but he's tried going it alone and knows how painful and fruitless that can be. Having seen skeletons of other adventures strewn along the way, he doesn't wish to join them. He's willing to work as a team so long as it improves his odds of survival.

Background: Haunted One
After days of torture, Hoh-ka'ar was set to be the next sacrifice for an Orcs shaman to her god, Shargass. As he lay on the altar with his arms bound, only a raid by human barbarians freed him. They ransacked the entire camp, but left Hoh-ka'ar to his own devices.

Only after they had moved on was Hoh-ka'ar able to free himself. Rummaging through the shaman woman's belongings, he found a Haunted One Background Equipment: Monster Hunting Kit reskinned.torture kit and claimed the chest for his own. He vowed to turn the kit back on those who would dabble with others' souls.
Roleplay sample of a fight:
Hoh-ka'ar circles in the darkness as his companions close in on the drow necromancer in front of them. Watching the big lug he'd been travelling with barge in on her, he slides in the opposite direction. As she moves to strike, she feels a pair of twin incisions in the small of her back. Hoh-ka'ar smiles as he guides her to the ground. "Rest easy now. No one will wake you, which is better than what you offered others."

Turning to his larger buddy, he points to the surrounding undead before fading back into the shadows. "Sic 'em!"
Old 03-20-2020, 07:37 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 821
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
I believe I am done with my application.
Old 03-20-2020, 07:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1055
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draidden View Post

I live to disappoint!
But you die to satisfy.
Old 03-20-2020, 09:19 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 800
KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
Name: Estriss-Dahk El-Pasamay-Salazar (Estriss)
"Earahl Kaye sends you greetings. May this Journey make it all the way to the first Combat round, eh, wot?"
Things to Remember #1: When attempting to bluff ones way out of an old bar bill, it is not wise to yell Tab?! TAB?!! I have been in this bar before, ye drunken lout!
As the Troll Master Chef was wont to say : There's no Race like Gnome, for the Hollendaise.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 155
bubsmcp bubsmcp
Flicker!
left-aligned image

Name: Flicker

Race: Deep Gnome

Class: Druid

Character Sheet: Flicker

Trait(s):"I believe every interaction is an opportunity to make a friend!" "I've consumed more myconid spores than any other Svirfneblin in history!"

Ideal:"Friendship is the key to the unlocking the secrets of the universe!"

Flaw: Eager to impress. In an effort to make new friends, Flicker is willing to do... unsavory things.

Bond: Flicker's most sacred possession is a petrified piece of yew that his myconid caretakers gave him. He believes it unlocks his druidic powers and that he's on a mission on behalf of his circle.

Personality: Flicker doesn't know how friends work, but he's excited to find out! Usually, he just follows around talkative rats until they get tired and leave him trying to fit into a crack too small. Nonetheless Flicker is an optimist and loves meeting new plants, animals, and in-betweens during his underground adventures. Holding close to his sacred petrified stick, he marshals what magical prowess he has to seek out new friendships among the deeper places. As is his motto, "There's nothing sweeter than seeing a Flicker in the dark!"

Background: Flicker was raised in a myconid colony deep in the Underdark that adopted him as an orphaned infant. In his childhood, the myconids did their best to raise him, but it was tough since they could communicate telepathically with him, but try as he might, he could never generate any of his own rapport spores to initiate a conversation. Because of this, Flicker learned to talk at rather than with the few sentient creatures he knew. Eventually, his caretakers grew tired of his constant attempts to communicate and sent him on a "mission" in order to regain peace within their circle. This mission was for him to go out into the world seek the secrets of the universe They bequeathed to him a petrified piece of yew, a bag of hallucination spores, and started referring to him as druid before they pushed him out of the circle and into the vastness of the Underdark. After some visitations with his bag of spores, he came upon a truth: To unlock the secrets of the universe, one must find friends and develop one's own circle. He was told by the Underdark itself, in reality it was a confused flumph floating by, that these friends would be found at a place called Rappan Athuk. With his petrified stick, he makes his way to the surface to find Rappan Athuk and his new circle!

Roleplay sample of a fight:

Last edited by bubsmcp; 03-24-2020 at 05:39 AM.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:21 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 692
Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire
@Totentanzen are you interested in running multiple groups or just one?
Old 03-20-2020, 11:11 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 406
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Estriss is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlCullinane View Post
"Earahl Kaye sends you greetings. May this Journey make it all the way to the first Combat round, eh, wot?"
Here's hoping! Although technically Brother Pelderan had two rounds of being ineffectively wailed on by a Dukes Personal Hitman!
Old 03-21-2020, 07:05 AM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire View Post
@Totentanzen are you interested in running multiple groups or just one?
As of now just one. I made the mistake last time taking too much on. If I can get things settled with the first one and things are going smoothly I would not be opposed to running a second group, but I want to make sure the first group is going well.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:09 AM
Rusty Wordsmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1697
BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
Here's hoping!!
We really have to stop meeting like this.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:01 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2391
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Back at it again eh? Well then, Iím going to bring back Samuel for round 2!

Samuel
right-aligned image

Race: Half-Elf
Class: Fighter/Warlock
Stat Array: 15 | 10 | 16 | 8 | 8 | 18
Trait:
- When I set my mind to something, I follow through no matter what gets in my way.
- I'm confident in my own abilities and do what I can to instill confidence in others.
Ideal: Destiny. Nothing and no one can steer me away from my calling.
Flaw: Iím convinced of the significance of my destiny, and blind to my shortcomings and the risk of failure.
Bond: Iím am the son of a great hero. Together with my brother, Brand, we will live up to his legend.

Personality: Samuel is a loud and gregarious individual. He can win over nearly anyone in an evening, although enjoying his company for much longer than that takes the bearings of a true adventurer, because Samuel is nothing if not energetic. He lives big, talks big, and elevates all of those around him with feelings of profound confidence, for in Samuel Kellaidís world, there is no defeat. There is only a turning point in the narrative on the way to victory.

While some might find Samuelís gung-ho positivity offputting, or simple a bit much, itís difficult not to smile when he enters a room. Any stranger is a friend to him, and any friend is a potential comrade on the path to glory. His ability to see the greatest aspects of people is probably one of his finer points, and it takes quite a lot to lose Samuelís encouragement.

Since meeting and connecting with his half-brother Brand, Samuel has developed greater focus, as well as a more honed sense of purpose. As his last surviving family, Samuel is very devoted to Brand, and his dutiful commitment to watching his back is matched only by Samuelís dream of defeating the legendary dungeon as a team.

Background:

Roleplay Sample:

I have taken the Oath!
Old 03-21-2020, 01:20 PM
A bird,a plan-Nalpadriba!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 599
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
I've got enough on my plate right and can't apply for this, but wanted to jump in to say that this looks exactly like the high-stakes dramatic show the world needs right now, and that I'll be stopping by to read through the adventure thread if it's public.

So, good luck to whoever gets selected! I look forward to following along as you fight to victory get out alive survive, for the most part live fast, die young put up a good show do your best die, but with style defy the odds!
Old 03-21-2020, 01:46 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananabadger View Post
I've got enough on my plate right and can't apply for this, but wanted to jump in to say that this looks exactly like the high-stakes dramatic show the world needs right now, and that I'll be stopping by to read through the adventure thread if it's public.

So, good luck to whoever gets selected! I look forward to following along as you fight to victory get out alive survive, for the most part live fast, die young put up a good show do your best die, but with style defy the odds!
If I do end up running more than one group Ill keep them secret to avoid spoiling. But if anyone wants I can always add them! Or I could allow everyone but the other group to see so that would work!

Last edited by Totentanzen; 03-21-2020 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-21-2020, 02:59 PM
A bird,a plan-Nalpadriba!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 599
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
oh, right, I totally didn't think that through. Of course you want to keep it secret if you run it again. However you end up doing it, good luck and happy adventuring.