twitter facebook

Notices

Old 03-21-2020, 03:15 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 692
Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire Cheshire
That makes sense to me. I was tempted to try at DMing on this site and I would most likely do the same thing.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:46 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6159
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire View Post
That makes sense to me. I was tempted to try at DMing on this site and I would most likely do the same thing.
I dished out the money for the map pack and this will make things infinitely easier. I may consider it since I'm starting in the dungeon....I'll sleep on it a few nights
Old 03-21-2020, 05:05 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 821
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
triedthrest,

Sorry for making basically same character as you. I checked the list at the front of the thread and did not look at all the posts.
Old 03-21-2020, 05:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3389
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Kshnik Application

Name: Jeremiah
Race: Tortle
Class: Monk
Character Sheet: sheet
Background Urchin
Personality Trait I bluntly say what other people are hinting at or hiding.
Ideal Aspiration: I'm going to prove that I'm worthy of a better life.
Bond No one else should have to endure the hardships I've been through.
Flaw People who can't take care of themselves get what they deserve.

”Description/Personality”Jeremiah has dark bumpy olive-green skin marbled with swirls of orange. He has a large heavy head with shiny blue azurite eyes circled by radiated yellow patterns. His snout is horseshoe shaped with an upper jaw slightly wider than the lower jaw containing a stripe of orange skin that runs from the center of the forehead down to the tip of his snapping turtle beak. Jeremiah has a muscular build protected by a shell with three spikes raised ridges of scales that are reminiscent of an alligator. His sweat emits a distinct aroma of spicy peppers mixed with sweet mango.

“Cranky“ is the phrase thrown around from those who first meet Jeremiah However, underneath he is a sweet and kind soul who genuinely cares for others. Jeremiah is a passionate individual; charitable with his laugh and smile, and easy to shed tears; mainly towards events that deal with animals and the young rather than with adults. Though if slighted Jeremiah can become Ill-tempered and aloof and only help those that he knows have put in the hard work. No free meals from me. Except if there are children involved; he has a soft spot for them. Children and close friends will always have a spot at my table. Jeremiah enjoys listening and telling of tales, slightly embellished, of course, while drinking multiple mugs of mead.

Jeremiah is a relatively cautious person which has carried over to his social life. He is fast at making acquaintances but slow in making friends. Finally, Jeremiah can be headstrong and has his own ideas on what is righteous.

BackgroundJeremiah, young, alone, in a strange city, with no money to his name, to gain extra coin, entered into an underground fighting club. He fought well against other untrained combatants. He stayed and learned how to survive fighting against many different foes. He was trained and continued to fight. Each fight challenged him. Recently authorities closed the club down. Jeremiah needed something to challenge himself and asked around until he heard about a dungeon.

RoleplayAfter waiting for two finger width movements of the sun, he rose silently out of the water wet algae sticking to his back shell. Moments earlier, the trio of prey had walked by taking a, now, familiar path. Jeremiah, water dripping off his body and shell, step softly, a tough task for someone who weighs around 28 stones, after the three. Jeremiah, like a deer, slipped between some trees as he threw a dart forty steps away at the leg of the last. A scream echoed. He continued his movement as he sent another dart, about thirty steps, hitting the neck of the second. A gargle whispered through the trees. Cursing followed by the first.

Jeremiah slipped his shield off his pack and slid it on his forearm. He grabbed his spear out of its sling and then stepped out of the path twenty steps ahead of the first. The first yelled and charged. They met in the middle. The first lunged forward with his sword leading. Jeremiah shield stretched out horizontally deflecting the blade. Jeremiah sliced high with his spear, spun and followed with the real attack. His foot connected with the first knee. A loud crack.

Jeremiah stepped back and looked down at the injured No. I am not going to kill you. What the three of you did to that family. No, killing would be too easy. He waved his hand around at the swamp. Nature will take care of that.

Jeremiah relieved the first of his sword and a few daggers. He walked past the second who was holding the dart to his neck, attempting to keep the blood from flowing out. The third swung an ax; poorly. Jeremiah easily dodged it and sent the back end of this spear towards the head. A crack sound. A hand to nose. Blood flowed. Jeremiah took the axe and then removed the crossbow of the second.

Jeremiah looked back at them and glanced at the sun heading towards the horizon. Shook his head and walked away.

Last edited by Kshnik; 03-24-2020 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:47 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 406
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draidden View Post
triedthrest,

Sorry for making basically same character as you. I checked the list at the front of the thread and did not look at all the posts.
Well, same class and subclass, but our characters could not be any more different, so don't worry about it.

Divine Soul Rocks!
Old 03-22-2020, 06:48 AM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
2 GroupsSince making this game advertisement I have purchased the map set for these dungeons, which for my life, will make it infinitely easier to run and you can all spend more time dying Exploring the dungeons. I also will be starting at the mouth of the dungeon so I won't have to worry about the actual trip there, which seems to be the doom to my many campaigns? What can I say, I am a man of the dungeon, not forests. Well spoken by an introvert if I do say myself.

With that in mind I will be running 2 groups through the dungeon assuming we still have enough quality applicants. But I will put my foot down at 2 and will not go past that.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:35 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Will these two groups be running at the same time in the exact same dungeon, so they can interact? Basically is there a chance of meeting up with the other group?
Old 03-22-2020, 08:37 AM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire View Post
Will these two groups be running at the same time in the exact same dungeon, so they can interact? Basically is there a chance of meeting up with the other group?
No two seperate worlds. No way I'm gonna deal with a group of 12 in a dungeon lol
Old 03-22-2020, 08:42 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Haha i can understand that :P
Old 03-22-2020, 09:36 AM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshnik View Post
Ok gonna give this one a shot. Will take a few days to fill out. I am using the site dnd5ewikidot for my information since I have no books.

Kshnik ApplicationName: WIP
Image: WIP
Race: Grung or Tortle < Are either of these allowed?
Class: Depends on above
Character Sheet: WIP
Trait: WIP
Ideal: WiP
Flaw: WIP
Bond: WIP
Personality: WIP
Background: Why is your character on a suicide run into the legenedary Rappan Athuk? WIP
Roleplay sample of a fight: WIP
No worries, honestly you can get a free pdf from wizard on most of the basic rules, the rest you can find on SRD's and forums across the web.

Grung would be a no go. I need to see the rules for the Tortle, if you can PM me ill make a decision.

Last edited by Totentanzen; 03-22-2020 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:06 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
UPDATING DEADLINE TO WED MARCH 25th AT MIDNIGHT CST!

We have more than enough applicants to run two groups so 3 more days to finalize or any last moment applicants! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!
Old 03-22-2020, 12:16 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totentanzen View Post
No worries, honestly you can get a free pdf from wizard on most of the basic rules, the rest you can find on SRD's and forums across the web.

Grung would be a no go. I need to see the rules for the Tortle, if you can PM me ill make a decision.
Sent

Last edited by Kshnik; 03-22-2020 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:43 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ok App completed.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:45 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 404
Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23
in case i make the cut and you dont see me reply, its because i'm in hospital for a few days for obs after emergency surgery this morning for an infected kidney stone. they want to make sure i don't get sepsis.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:17 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1055
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
I hope all goes well and you heal safely and return home soon.