RPXP: 3389
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
I have had my share kidney stones. Get healthy
Old 03-23-2020, 12:16 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2936
Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi
Thrill
right-aligned image

Name: Thrill (Thrill of the Chase of the Cave Scavenger Clan)
Race: Tabaxi
Class: Paladin
Character Sheet: Here. STR 10 / DEX 17 / CON 15 / INT 8 / WIS 8 / CHA 15

Trait: I don't pay attention to the risks in a situation. Never tell me the odds.
Ideal: The stories, legends, and songs of the past must never be forgotten. (Lawful)
Flaw: My hatred of my enemies is blind and unreasoning.
Bond: I am the last of my clan, and it is up to me to ensure their names enter legend.
Personality: Thrill lives up to his name. His go for broke attitude is seen by many as risky and foolish but the young cat has a skill set to back it up. He backs up his cocky attitude with action and is at the forefront of every conquest. He is entirely devoted to his clan and family and will not let them down at any cost. He knows that sometimes he needs help to accomplish tasks and not afraid of working within a group, as long as they understand he is the best at what he does. When he has a goal in mind he will not rest until it has been completed. He loves the thrill of the chase!

Background: Thrill is an adventurer through and through. He grew up in a clan of Tabaxi not far from the dungeon of Rappan Athuk and the graveyard. The clan was centered on a grouping of caves that they scavenged and called home. They would supply dungeon crawlers with whatever they needed as they passed by on their way to the dungeon. Thrill's mother was a great loremaster and told him stories about Bofred and his many conquests. Thrill pretended he was the legendary adventurer when the tabaxi was out playing in the caves. Thrill lost touch with the many stories that his mother told until the remainder of his clan was killed by an attacking force. Thrill was out scavenging that day but returned to the carnage. The attack was by a group of creatures that trailed off towards the dungeon. Why and how his family was killed is not known at this time. Thrill instantly remembered Bofred and his many victories. Thrill has pledged that he will avenge his family's death by becoming a legend and making the Cave Scavenger Clan a household name.

Roleplay sample of a fight:The group was not certain what they would find around the corner but they needed to advance quickly. The fight with the eternals had not gone well and now they needed to get away. The majority of the party was hurt in some kind of way and the elf was trailing behind slowly, having taken the most damage. Thrill had run ahead and taken a look but stopped in his tracks. He backed up a few steps and waited for the group to reach him again. "Not good news friends... there are two creatures that seem to have some kind of camp set up. They look like they are small blights. We need to take them out." Thrill readied his rapier and waited for the rogue to sneak a bit further ahead. When she reached halfway to the blights Thrill took of in a dash to arrive at the same time as his companion. His sword at the ready.

Last edited by Trmmilwwi; 03-24-2020 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:31 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6159
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Little over 24 hours to finish any changes or apply!
Old 03-25-2020, 11:17 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2047
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
Name: Snap Kick

Race: Kenku

Class: Monk

Character Sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=83829

Trait: I think anyone who's nice to me is hiding evil intent.
Ideal: Aspiration. I'm going to prove that I'm worthy of a better life.
Bond: I owe a debt I can never repay to the person who took pity on me (the Mistress of my monastery who took me in).
Flaw: I will never fully trust anyone other than myself.

Personality: Snap Kick's core struggle is to overcome the excruciating and hopeless yearn to fly with the discipline and training he has begun as a monk. He takes refuge in meditation, martial training exercises, calligraphy, and repeating zenlike sayings he has heard in his studies. The latter are his primary means of spoken communication although he also communicates through sound effects.

Background: The Mistress sat cross-legged on her mat, across from the raven-man who knelt with his bill tucked in against his chest and his eyes closed. The late morning sun fell in beams across the wooden floor of the dojo. With a trace of amusement, the elder human woman said, "You practice the rituals with more diligence and discipline than any initiate I have observed in my long years. And yet, I sense your turmoil is unabated." The kenku's breathing grew slightly more rapid, but he gave no response. The old monk continued, softly. "It is sometimes the case that in order to master one's suffering, one must seek an outward challenge. Your pain runs so deep that I cannot see its origin. Therefore I believe your challenge must be likewise severe." At that, the novice looked up and cocked his head, so that one beady brown eye could meet the gaze of his Mistress. In a high-pitched, croaking voice, the kenku muttered, "Before enlightenment; chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment; chop wood, carry water." The Mistress smiled and nodded. "There is a place that threatens the peace of the land. A labyrinth of chaos and misery that mirrors the chaos and misery that tortures you, my pupil. I decree that you shall venture to the dungeons of Rappan Athuk. Take with your the training and teachings that we have given you, and enter into them as you would enter the peace of the meditation chamber, when violence threatens all around. I foresee that in vanquishing the horrors without, you will vanquish the horrors within." Snap Kick jumped to his feet and paced back and forth for a few moments, his short talons clacking on the floorboards, before coming to a halt before his Mistress, with a deep bow. He croaked excitedly, "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the results of a hundred battles." The old Mistress nodded with a sad smile, as her pupil hurried from the room to make his preparations.

Combat Example: Snap Kick's eyes scanned rapidly over the five goblins that lay in a circle on the ground, four with their necks or limbs at unnatural angles and deathly still, the other moaning quietly and holding its belly. His gaze came to rest on the gnoll standing at the chamber entrance, obviously the captain of this band. The monster snarled viciously and raised a rusty battleaxe, screaming something in a language the kenku had not heard before. Nonetheless, the monk opened his bill and uttered a perfect imitation of the gnoll, which appeared to grow more enraged. Calmly, Snap Kick brought his feet together and then lifted his left knee up to chest level, balancing on his right foot, and raised both arms out to the side, holding them slightly drooping like the wings of a crane. The gnoll charged. As the beast came in range and prepared to swing its axe, the monk leapt straight up, dropping his left foot down to meet the floor and snapping his right foot forward and up to connect with the gnoll's chin. The monster's head flung backward with a cracking noise, and the axe dropped with a clatter to the ground as the beast sagged to the floor, staring lifelessly at the ceiling.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12307
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Just over 6 hours. Lots of good apps and players in this one.
Good luck to everyone.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2936
Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi
Good luck all... this should be a hackfest of a campaign! Only the quick and nimble may survive!!
Old 03-25-2020, 07:36 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 404
Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23
Yes, good luck all, and some terrific competition for the coveted places. I'm sure whoever gets in will enjoy this one, and anyone who gets picked will thoroughly deserve their place.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:23 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemming23 View Post
Yes, good luck all, and some terrific competition for the coveted places. I'm sure whoever gets in will enjoy this one, and anyone who gets picked will thoroughly deserve their place.
Actually.... is this the time i tell you guys i just let my cat choose?

Last edited by Totentanzen; 03-25-2020 at 08:23 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:38 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I see nothing wrong with that process, and neither does my 50 lb bag of catnip.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:38 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5029
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totentanzen View Post
I'm more of a dog person.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:39 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I do demand a video of the kitty choosing though, or at least a photo or two.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:03 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemming23 View Post
I do demand a video of the kitty choosing though, or at least a photo or two.
Oh I see...you don't trust me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numen Wraith View Post
I'm more of a dog person.
Numen Wraith's application
Old 03-25-2020, 09:24 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
No, I trust you, I just want to see your kitty.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:04 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Not mine (we can't have any), but my mother in law's two:

Old 03-26-2020, 12:02 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 800
KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totentanzen View Post
I knew I was rubbing tuna fish on my modem last night for some reason...
Things to Remember #1: When attempting to bluff ones way out of an old bar bill, it is not wise to yell Tab?! TAB?!! I have been in this bar before, ye drunken lout!
As the Troll Master Chef was wont to say : There's no Race like Gnome, for the Hollendaise.