PF-1e Leave the Wand; Take the Cannoli - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2020, 04:47 PM
Damn the Torpedoes!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10051
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Leave the Wand; Take the Cannoli

Last edited by Ziether; 03-28-2020 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-19-2020, 04:48 PM
Damn the Torpedoes!

Tools
User Statistics
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether

Last edited by Ziether; 03-28-2020 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-20-2020, 02:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1788
Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas
Ooooooh, I don't usually go in for evil themed, but yeah!
Old 03-20-2020, 05:07 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12341
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
New to Pathfinder Application
right-aligned image
Character Name: Juldiasu Vozzen {called "Juld" for short. Pronounced "Jeweled"}
Character Gender: Female

Character Race: Halfling

Character Class(es): Rogue

Intended Archetypes: Sniper, Infiltrator/Troubleshooter

Character Age and Age Category: 24, Intuitive

Alignment: Neutral Evil. She will do whatever, whenever to get the job done. She can be swayed by any good argument most of the time if she likes the outcome.

Primary Occupation: Barber. She has a chair in a small hole-in-the-wall shop that she uses on occasion, though mostly by appointment. It's a front for passing information. Surprisingly, she's quite good at the profession and likes it.

Sample Posts: Link # 1 - My Rogue Talia that I have RP'd from level 2 to level 6 over the past year and a half in a live game here.
Link # 2 - Arcane Trickster Cleric I've RP'd for over a year in Real time. Not the most meaty post I put up for her, but gives an idea of how I RP such a character w/ Class and everything.
Link # 3 - RPing the fallen Goddess Sune in a game that died at the end of last year.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 03-21-2020 at 09:43 PM.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:18 PM
Skulblaka-vodhr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1606
Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387
I'm definitely intrigued. How would you feel about a small sized Aasimar or Tiefling that was born to Halflings?
Old 03-20-2020, 05:21 PM
Damn the Torpedoes!

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
I have never played Pathfinder, and would love to learn. Is this a game for newbs?

There's nothing about it that would keep out someone learning the system. Feel free to ask questions. I'm more than willing to help out as needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyre2387 View Post
I'm definitely intrigued. How would you feel about a small sized Aasimar or Tiefling that was born to Halflings?
Small Aasimar and Tieflings are near and dear to my heart. Having a close familial tie to halflings is great.

Last edited by Ziether; 03-20-2020 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-20-2020, 06:46 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13372
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
interested...
Old 03-20-2020, 06:57 PM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4653
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Mob mage has been on my list of character concepts I've wanted to pull off for ages now. As well as spellslinger gunslinger. I'll post interest!
Old 03-20-2020, 07:03 PM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14399
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Trixy Green
right-aligned image
Character Name: Trixy Green

Character Gender: Female

Character Race: Halfling

Character Class: Witch

Archetype: Cartomancer

Character Age and Age Category: 25

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Primary Occupation: Prostitute/fortune teller

Sample Posts:
Introducing Red for the first time.
Trixton falling down the rabbit hole towards evil.
Curse of Strahd, breaking hearts and psyches

Last edited by Begon Ugo; 03-23-2020 at 07:55 AM.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2101
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
This sounds like an interesting story, and one I might want to join. Will wait to see what role needs to be covered.
Old 03-21-2020, 05:18 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6965
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
How do you feel about tiefling-heritage halflings in your setting? Also kineticists.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:19 AM
Damn the Torpedoes!

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaerdis View Post
How do you feel about tiefling-heritage halflings in your setting? Also kineticists.
Aasimar and Tiefling heritage options are on the table. I'd prefer if they weren't simply a means to swap out attribute bonuses and penalties, though. Make sure the fluff gets tied in to some degree.

Occult classes are absolutely acceptable. I'm a lot less worried about which exact mechanics people bring and more how they portray them. Convince me with the app.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2101
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
Character Name: Opesam. His last name is secret, because he doesn't want to shame his family through his involvement with this.

Character Gender: Male

Character Race:Halfling; no alternative traits.

Character Class(es): Medium.

Intended Archetypes: No alternate class features.

Character Age and Age Category: Young Adult.

Alignment: Neutral, but thinks of himself as neutral good.
He tries to be more good than he actually is, and is ashamed of the compromises he must make. This is part of why he keeps his last name hidden.

Physical Description: Short and fat, but about average for a halfing. Has hair the resembles the outer rind of cheese, both in the yellowish color and in the texture. His ears and nose are a bit small and round, and he has almost no chin. His eyes are close together, and a bright blue in color. Skin is not quite as fair as you would expect. No significant scars or birthmarks. Wears simple clothing, usually grey in color.

Personality: Hopes-for advancement within the organization.
Dreams-of doing real good, but this often conflicts with his desire to advance.
Fears-afraid of spiders.
Secrets-Keeps his last name secret to avoid shaming his family.
Quirks-He always has chalk in his left pocket and a candle in his right pocket.

Background: His childhood was defined by the love his family gave him, and the fact that it sheltered him from many of the harsher realities of the world. A normal family would have grown bored with playing along when he claimed to hear spirits, and either told him it was all in his head or had him magically tested. By doing neither, they allowed his powers as a medium to go slowly out of control, neither suppressed by his own desire to fit in nor by a mentor teaching him how to use them. It was not until he finished his schooling and was to be apprenticed to the cobbler that it became clear he had real power. When the cobbler made a set of clothing for him, in an attempt to send the 'magic little man' away, it became clear that he needed to go someplace far away. Traveling with a caravan, he was drawn into a smuggling network, as the spirits took over his body and forced him to join in a run. Regaining control afterwards, he swore never to let any one spirit have that much influence again, but did not think it safe or prudent to leave the mob. His loss of innocence happened so fast that he does not yet realize quite how far he has fallen, thus the uncertain state of his alignment.

Primary Occupation: He cycles through a series of 'fronts' to cover his involvement with the mob. His main one is a wandering fortune teller, using his abilities to learn about people and make predictions (usually based on analysis of past patterns rather than divination magic). He also occasionally sells minor beneficial spells, but tries to avoid doing too much of that, both because his magic is rather limited and because he doesn't want to be too well known as a powerful magician. He also sometimes polishes and repairs shoes and boots (a good way to appear insignificant and be overlooked.) His 'real' job is an investigator for the mob-he looks into situations like the current forged coin crisis and tries to gather information.

Other information about build: The character is not particularly strong in combat; he is mainly designed to keep an eye and ear to the ground and pass on information. He won't be completely helpless if a fight breaks out, but will probably stay in the back. Of course, the medium is flexible
enough that if he has a lot of advance knowledge about what is coming, he MIGHT be able to be effective in combat.

Special note: I will take care not to intentionaly take any action which might give a given spirit 5 or more points of influence. If some unusual situation occurs which allows a spirit to gain control of my actions, I, the player, will try not to object.

Sample posts: I don't really know how to link posts, but here is a link to a thread in a game I am in: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...=194757&page=2

Last edited by Ericg1s; 03-21-2020 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-21-2020, 05:18 PM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7490
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
I am a little tight with room right now, but I really want to do this game. If I manage a winning routine with the kids in the next week I will start working on an application. With them home I get no peace and end the day exhausted. I love my little ADD monsters but they sure are a handful.
Old 03-21-2020, 05:22 PM
Damn the Torpedoes!

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
I am a little tight with room right now, but I really want to do this game. If I manage a winning routine with the kids in the next week I will start working on an application. With them home I get no peace and end the day exhausted. I love my little ADD monsters but they sure are a handful.
Real talk? I'll level with you. I know you well enough that I won't take you if it'll negatively impact you.

As a fellow father with hyperactive kids stuck at home in this time, I get it.