DnD5e Slaughter at Veneration Square - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 03-25-2020, 06:41 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 252
Arjent Arjent Arjent
Xalnaga - Put my application character in. Your setting looks really interesting and the table of characters including puns sealed the deal! Looking forward to my first play by post game after 20 years of doing it the old fashioned way.

Mairien - your "out there" character inspired one from me, too. With a little tie-in if you're up for it.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:02 AM
Anonymous Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4844
Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien
Sure! DM me details?
Old 03-25-2020, 08:23 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5650
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Old 03-25-2020, 09:17 AM
Anonymous Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien
Xalnaga: Added responses to my application post!
Old 03-25-2020, 11:08 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Arjent Arjent Arjent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairien View Post
Sure! DM me details?
- Soon, I'm new and can't do that yet. But in my application post I reference the tie-in of tracking you from the Underdark - but maybe that's not a bounty he wants to collect now.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:43 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 800
KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane
Things to Remember #1: When attempting to bluff ones way out of an old bar bill, it is not wise to yell Tab?! TAB?!! I have been in this bar before, ye drunken lout!
As the Troll Master Chef was wont to say : There's no Race like Gnome, for the Hollendaise.
Old 03-25-2020, 02:52 PM
Watching siliently

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3123
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
I thought I'd post this question and answer in case anyone else are thinking along the same lines

"The only thing to add would be to determine if what Castro saw was actually something that existed before the original 3, something that had always been there, but is now imprisoned/asleep? Or, did he see something else entirely? A manifestation of Wolwiethy, one of the 3, etc. ?"

In all likelihood it was one of the lesser gods. The lesser gods come in many shapes sizes, dispositions and power. The Theology of the world which most everyone excepts is the Original 3 created everything. They don't care if you worship them or something else or Whether their priests agree with this is a different story flip your finger to them.
The lesser gods are the ones that really seek out followers and worshipers and have carved out domains or had domains like Wolwiethy the goddess of the sea given to them when they were created. Kind of like delegating jobs to subordinates. Something like a power demon or Ancient Dragon can attain a lesser godhood status. Think Raven Queen, though that is probably blasphemy to talk aboutwhich means it is possible for mortals as well. Which is why the idea of the lesser gods is so open. There can be a lesser god for a forest or a river or a field or even a ship.

As far as religions go there are many interpretations of what has been laid out in holy books or by prophets then there are those who twist anything they can for their own advantage. Like our own religions in the real world.

So Silent Rain to answer your question your patron is likely a lesser god but lesser gods don't have a mold to fit to at all.

Last edited by Xalnaga; 03-25-2020 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:26 PM
Anonymous Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Ok, so, I've had an idea for a new lesser deity after all. Strictly speaking, it's not entirely my idea, but inspired by (though not identical to) the Golarion setting's Calistria.

Lesser Goddess - Pellanistra - Goddess of Lust, Revenge, and Insanity

Chaotic Neutral

Pellanistra is a deity of intense emotions. In general, the focus lies on unwholesome emotions, though interpretations of her domain and wishes vary widely among the clergy depending on the particular sect's alignment. Some teach to relish all emotions and strive to experience the whole range of human mental states. They are thrill seekers who often voluntarily put themselves in unpleasant situations and who advocate for all forms of experience enhancement, including drugs. Others view worship of Pellanistra as a safeguard against the most unwholesome of emotions and rely in her to keep them steady through every storm - finding the essential truth of her gospel to be the inevitability of the storm, but not of the sinking in it. Yet others emphasise the role of emotions, especially those widely regarded as dark or unwholesome, in generating drive and motivation, and cherish ambition.

Last edited by Mairien; 03-25-2020 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:21 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5650
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
@Xalnaga For your consideration and revision:

right-aligned image

Lesser God - Slarkrethel - Lord of the Deep
Aka Lurker in the Deep

Domains: Tempest, Knowledge

Before the old races even drew breath, Slarkrethel was lord of the depths. Betrayed by Wolwiethy, she usurped his domain and chained the mighty kraken to the lowest depth she could find. Millennia passed and Slarkrethel has all but been forgotten.

If Slarkrethel had tenents, those too have been lost to time, for there are no longer those that pray at his brine alter.

Last edited by Silent Rain; 03-26-2020 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:31 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Arjent Arjent Arjent
Love it! Now there's a deity a sailor can fear. Hmm...Triton Paladin of Slarkrethel - somebody's got to raise his prominence and get some followers. =)
Old 03-25-2020, 07:10 PM
Watching siliently

Tools
User Statistics
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Great lesser gods. Look forward to seeing them in game!
Old 03-26-2020, 03:05 AM
Anonymous Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Might I suggest linking the posts with additional setting info in the first post here, or even copying over their contents, for the benefit of any newcomers to this thread?
Old 03-26-2020, 01:33 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Arjent Arjent Arjent
Good idea, Mairien.
Also, Xalnaga - do you have fleshed out ideas around each of the gangs? Currently it gives some racial groupings, but not much on their ideals, methods, etc. Is that something you would be interested in having us elaborate on or do you have plans already? Might help me and others decide which gang is the right fit.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:46 PM
Watching siliently

Tools
User Statistics
Thank you Mairien, I had meant to do that. I thought I had, all linked up now.

Arjent as to the makeup of the gangs I can confidently confirm that all the gangs are fully fleshed out (cough, lies every DM ever). They do, however, all come with NPCs all with names and a bit of a back story. The gangs are not racial... except Park Hill, they are full of racist Red Dragonborn, particularly against Teiflings as they see teiflings as the offspring of the demons which their forebearers (the dragons) fought in a previous age and helped send them into the hells. The racial groupings are just because in real life people of a likeness tend to group together to hold onto some sort of culture they once had. So in one gang there are primarily goblins and dwarves because they are the predominant races in that street. However nothing saying a gnome or a high elf don't also live there.

I will place you in a gang. You may request to be in with another player. I'm looking to balance out the PCs into 2 groups along with what aligning your characters goals with others of similar goals.Once you are placed into a gang you'll have a few days or a week to help build a joint narrative together. In that you will decide how your gang makes it's money.

Last edited by Xalnaga; 03-26-2020 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 09:32 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1009
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
I already told the GM this, but I just wanted to go ahead and state my intentions for my characters actions during the mass combat portion for character ties and if some one wants to pair up with my character. Torell is a man of the people and champion of the goddess of the downtrodden. When the fighting starts, he will realize (because of the history of his family being plagued by political assassinations) that what is happening is a trap set by an unknown party to gather a bunch of gangs that donít like each other together in one place and provoke them into attacking each other. Easiest and most efficient way of crippling any opposing potential power rivals.

Torell will be spending every round until he partially succeeds or dies trying to convince the majority of the gangs to stop fighting, heal the wounded, and stabilize the dying to prevent as many casualties as possible. This is for two main reasons: he considers them all to be his country men regardless of being in a rival gang, and he wishes to unite them to stabilize the poorer districts and promote development of the city. He envisions Veneration square as neutral territory for the gangs and a possible headquarters site for the leaders of the gangs to meet and discuss. I know this is counter intuitive to the Massacre that has been proposed and many will still likely die, but he wants everyone to know IC where he stands. He may show off his lady bug themed powers when he heals other gang members to show who he represents.