User Statistics
RPXP: 5786
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
The Evil Within

Game NameThe Evil Within
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemePsychological horror
Flavourhorror, phsycological horror, mystery, madness
Plot SummaryBeacon asylum in Union City is the largest and most advanced mental asylum in the kingdom of Breajeck. It holds over five hundred patients ranging from the low functioning to the psychotic and homicidal. Its staff are well trained in medicine, psychology, and the arcane arts to help them treat and contain their patients. It employs the most advanced methods of treating mental illness, or so its staff claim. Inside is a cage of despair and suffering. Screams of mental anguish leave permanent echoes in the walls. A concentration of misery and insanity has left its mark on the material plane. And people whisper that the doctors are as mad as the patients. Anyone who pays attention will tell you that despite constantly taking in new patients, and never discharging any, Beacon never seems to run out of room.

And now you have been hired to rescue a noblemanís daughter from this place.

Iím looking for five level three characters to brave the madness of the asylum.

Application
Name
Race: any published
Class: any published
Background
Flaw: This will actually matter
Trauma: what is the most traumatic event in your characters life
Fear: what does your character fear the most

DEADLINE:4/10

Last edited by Togot; 03-20-2020 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:28 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5029
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Application

Name: Aziel
Race: Mordenkaine's Tome of Foes, pg
Tieflings with a blood tie to Zariel are stronger than the typical tiefling and receive magical abilities that aid them in battle.

Ability Score Increase. Your Charisma score increases by 2, and your Strength score increases by 1.

Legacy of Avernus. You know the thaumaturgy cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the searing smite spell as a 2nd-level spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. When you reach 5th level, you can cast the branding smite spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.
Zariel Tiefling
Class:Paladin
Background: Acolyte of Ilmater
Aziel formerly worked as a night orderly in another asylum. He was hired under the guise of helping keep order, handling patients where strength was needed, and general care taking. He quickly found that the treatment of the patients by the orderlies was beyond anything considered compassionate and spoke up.

Instead of hearing him out, the director of the facility put him in isolation to shut him up. While there, he caught the same mistreatment the patients did, only far more personal. He also quickly discovered that the orderlies were only the beginning of the evils taking place. The nurses and doctors led the charge when it came to malpractice and cruelty.

The isolation nearly drove Aziel truly insane. It was so hard on him, that even the shock therapy and Dunk tanks and waterboardinghydro treatments intended as punishment were a form of relief from the maddening silence of his isolation cell. He came to crave the feeling of hands on his arms as they restrained him and the sound of the voices commanding his repentance.

Eventually, he was broken and brainwashed. Moved to the day shift, where he could be more directly supervised, he learned to follow their commands. For years, he was a dutiful servant.

The director made a mistake however. In insisting that Aziel return to his chamber at night, he left enough time and space for the madness to properly take root.

Aziel began to hear a voice talking to him through the walls at night. It was a broken whimper of a tortured soul, but it spoke of how Aziel must persist. The man spoke of how he'd been crippled and broken on a rack and it now hurt to move, and even in his suffering condition, Aziel showed compassion for what he had endured.

The following day, he challenged the director about the methods of which the man spoke. The director denied it, but Aziel spoke with such vivid detail that the director flew into a rage and had him dragged to a basement.

Aziel was subjected to many of the same treatments he had heard told the night before. With harsh resolve, Aziel withstood the treatment, but he had burned a bridge.

Returned to complete isolation, his calls for the man were only answered by brutality from the orderlies. Aziel passed that night in silence. As well as the next. They didn't even drag him out for the typical treatments or another trip to the basement.

And so it went for weeks until, just as he was beginning to believe the man a figment of his own imagination, the voice returned.

As the years passed, Aziel yearned for the random and far flung nights when he would hear the man, and they shared each other's burdens and eased each other's nights. When he was strong enough, the man spoke of scripture and tenets of his faith. Other nights, he depended on Aziel's ear to unload his own pains.

The man often spoke of mercy and endurance, compassion and charity. There were often anecdotes of great martyrs through history, from ages past, that the man insisted Aziel look up to.

Then the man disappeared for nearly a decade. Aziel thought the old man must have died and began to etch the lessons as best he could remember them into the boards under his mattress. When that was filled, front and back, he took to the tiles under the bed. Eventually, he grew braver and wrote upon the walls and laid bare his beliefs for all to see.

He took the beating he knew was coming, and all the ingenious devices hidden away in that basement couldn't break his resolve.

In his chamber that night, he begged the voice to come back. With no response, he collapsed and wept in the silence. He wept not for himself, but for the loss of his friend.

The next morning, he was found on the side the road by priests. These men of Ilmater looked upon him and listened to his tale with awe.

Traits:
I can find common ground between the fiercest enemies, empathizing with them and always working toward peace.
I am tolerant of other faiths and respect the worship of other gods.
Ideal:
Charity. I always try to help those in need, no matter what the personal cost.
Bond:
Everything I do is for the common people.
Flaw:
My piety sometimes leads me to blindly trust those that profess faith in my god.
Trauma:
Aziel was beaten and tortured within an inch of his life on two separate occasions and held in an isolation cell for decades.
Fear:
Being returned to isolation is a constant source of dread for Aziel.

Last edited by Numen Wraith; 03-21-2020 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:53 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 792
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
Application
left-aligned image
Name: Ewelynne Lanier
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Cleric (War Domain)

Background:
Dice Roll:
1d10 6
Haunted One

Flaw: I have certain rituals that I must follow Every. Single. Day. and I can never break them

Trauma: Ewelynne was born under the wolf-star, and as such, was afflicted with the curse of Lycanthropy. Although she was eventually captured by a band of Clerics, and "cured" of her ailment, she still has all of her memories. Every innocent kill she delivered, the sensation of her body covered in it's thick fur, matted tight to her sinews with fresh blood. These memories cause her to doubt whether she is even worthy of her redemption. She also acutely remembers the tortures she was forced to endure from the Clerics, while they toiled against her, having her condition forcibly reversed.

Fear: Being burned alive scares Ewelynne more than any other one thing. It is speculated that this fear of fire may be a primal side effect of her condition, but regardless of where it comes from, this fear skitters through her veins like spiders on their silken webs

Trinket:
Dice Roll:
1d100 47
An Urn with the ashes of her deceased Father

Last edited by Alemar; 03-20-2020 at 11:18 PM.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:49 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1738
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
OH HELL YES! A dnd game based on my favorite horror game series? Absolutely interested.

Old 03-21-2020, 02:05 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Old 03-21-2020, 03:10 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1326
DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles
ApplicationName: Laszlo "Clean-Out" Hockabean
Race: Human (variant)
Class: Rogue (thief)

Background: Criminal
Flaw: If I see something--anything--that suggests I should keep out of a place, I have to break into it and see why. I can't help it.
Trauma: When Laszlo was in the awkward period between "no longer a child" and "not quite a man", he was thrown into Beacon Asylum on suspicion of setting several fires in his neighborhood, the last of which claimed the lives of three dockworkers in a warehouse. In the years that followed, he eventually figured out a way to escape, but the memories of his "treatment" there wake him up every night in a cold sweat.
Fear: Whatever the cost, I can never be locked up again. Whatever the cost.
Trinket: I still have the dagger that I stole from one of the guards on the night I broke out of the asylum.

He/Him

Last edited by DialPforPickles; 03-21-2020 at 03:14 PM. Reason: formatting
Old 03-21-2020, 05:24 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 179
SpecialKay329 SpecialKay329
This sounds awesome! I’ve been holding onto a character concept that might work well for this plot.

ApplicationRellik
Race: Aasimar (Fallen)
Class: Cleric (Life)
Background: Acolyte

Flaw: I have a martyr complex and will readily suffer for the sake of others, whether or not there are other options.
Trauma: Rellik suffers from amnesia - his first memory is of waking up in a temple to Ilmater several years ago, his body covered in new wounds and old scars. He sees his loss of memory as a blessing, an opportunity to become a better person than he assumes he was before. Because of this, he’s made no effort to rediscover his past and has dedicated his new life to helping others as penance. However, he still suffers from symptoms of post traumatic stress, including frequent nightmares and anxiety attacks.
Fear: Facing the reality of his past

Last edited by SpecialKay329; 03-21-2020 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 932
WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi
Name: Raina Rosenwood
Race: Human
Class: Ranger
Description: She stands at 5'8, slender with an athletic build. Red hair and green eyes. A sword at each hip, a bow at her back, a dagger sheath at her thigh. She wears a green top and bottoms with brown knee high boots and brown leather armor.
right-aligned image

Background: Wilderness Guide
Growing up, her childhood was a happy one in a small town where everyone knew everyone. Her mother had been a teacher, but now a housewife to a ranger and stay at home mom to Raina and her two brothers and sister. When she became old enough, she became a ranger like her father. When he was home, they used to go into the wilderness and he would teach her everything that he knew of his profession. She eventually became a Wilderness Guide like her father as well. Guiding people thru the woods, either they be merchants, a family, train of travelers, and she at times was a scout for hunters and for the law that were after runaway criminals.

Personality Trait: A little hard work and sweat never killed anyone.
Ideal: Those who can, should protect those who can't.
Bond: Every trek through the wilderness is a test of my worthiness to exist.
Flaw: I have no concept of proper manners beyond those you find in the wilderness.
Trauma: On the way home from guiding a couple of merchants to their destination, she heard that orcs were out causing trouble. She hurried home and on the way, saw some orcs behind her and she sped her horse forward, only to run into their trap. Her horse fell over due to the trap and she fell hard, stunned, and as she rose, she felt pain at the back of her head and all went black.

She woke up sore and naked. She looked around and saw she was somewhere that looked like she was underground. She was a slave to the orcs! She was made into a servant, cleaning up after them and cooking for them. She was also their sex slave, being turned into a breeder as they had their way with her many times. She found out from other slaves that the orcs wanted half-orcs. It was 3 months later before she was rescued. Her father was one of the rescuers, having never given up hope since females were taken, not killed. She in was such a state that it took weeks before she snapped out of and began talking in sentences again. Months later when she gave birth to half-orc, she had a relapse, her father took the baby which Raina wanted nothing to do with. Time went on and she healed both mentally and physically and in time, she was back to her old self. Not exactly 100% and she could never forget that particular time period, even though there was some of it that she couldn't remember.

Fear: She fears the repeat. She is fine for the most, but she gets a bit shaken when she hears a monster or a creature growl that is not an animal. On occasion, she will have nightmares and wake up in a cold sweat, depending on the situation.
Old 03-22-2020, 01:54 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Application is complete! I went a little nuts on the details. Like I said, I love the Evil Within.

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Teba Yunala

Race: Half-Elf
Formerly a full blooded Wood Elf, the experimentation has left Teba half Wood Elf, half Dragon.

Class: Sorcerer (Draconic Bloodline)

Background: Experiment (Homebrew background)
Teba doesn't remember the first 14 years of his life. His first memories are waking up somewhere dimly lit and cold, and being in pain. There was a lot of pain in those days. His only company was a Elven man who kept sticking needles filled with some sort of bright green liquid into his skin. Those were what caused the pain. They burned, made him feel like his insides were on fire. He caught sight of himself in the mirror twice. The first time he looked a lot like the man, brown hair, brown eyes, light skin. A fully blooded Wood Elf. The next time, he was a monster. His hair had turned dark green, his eyes were a yellowish green with slit pupils, his skin had taken a yellowish hue, and the scales. His whole body was covered in symmetrical patches of green scales.

Teba knows something changed on the day the needles stopped. He suddenly went from speaking one language to only being able to speak another. That was also the day he saw himself in the mirror the second time. The man was smiling, saying something in a positive tone that he couldn't understand. But that wasn't end of the pain. The man put him in a tiny room with metal bars covering it. The ceiling was so low that he couldn't even stand up straight. He started trying to escape. He was so scared and confused that he just wanted to get away. But every time he escaped, the man would hit him with blue crackling energy that would put him to sleep. When he woke up he'd be in the cell again.

One day he got out while the man wasn't there. That's when Teba found the Dragon. An adult green Dragon was being held captive in some sort of box. This box was made of the same blue crackling energy. She started talking before quickly realizing he couldn't understand her. Then she switched to Draconic, and for the first time that he could remember, Teba understood her words. They talked for a long time. Or she talked and he listened. Her name was Yunala and it was her blood that the man had been injecting into Teba all this time. Her blood had changed him. Teba learned a lot during their talk. Including the fact that there was a button outside the crackling box that would free Yunala. If he pressed it, she would help him escape. But before he could do it, the man returned. He hit Teba with the crackling energy again.

Next time Teba escaped, he ran right for Yunala. The man chased after him. He hit Teba with the lightning before the half Dragon could hit the button. But Teba was getting stronger. The blast knocked him to the ground, but not out. Pulling himself upright, Teba hit the button, just as the man hit him again. This time was different than the others. This time it hit and shot off in every direction, ripping through skin and scale alike. It would later leave an almost spider like scar across his back, where you can clearly see the impact point and the dozens of jagged lines shooting away from it. His last memories were of three different sounds. His own inhuman scream, Yunala's roar of fury, and the man's shout of fear.

After brutally killing the man, Yunala carried a wounded Teba out of underground lab in her claws. She took to the air as soon as she could. Her own clumsiness due to long years without being able to fly caused her claw to slip, leaving the scar across Teba's face. She took him to the nearest village and threatened to destroy it unless the people there took care of the wounded Teba. It was the local church that took him in. Thus began his very, very, long road to recover.

Trait 1: Communicating with me is difficult, until I feel comfortable with you.
Teba lost his ability to speak Common due to the experimentation and though he is relearning it, still struggles greatly with it, especially with big words. This embarrasses his greatly and he tends to communicate in gestures, sounds, and Draconic, until he's comfortable enough to know that you aren't going to make fun of him for his struggles.

Trait 2: I like bright lights and shiny objects.
A mixture of his long years spent underground and a Dragon's hording instincts. Teba is attracted to light and shiny. Though he doesn't have a fear of the dark he does always sleep by a light source, whether as small as a candle, or a campfire, or even just his own Light spell.

Ideal: Freedom is unappreciated, and is one of the only things that deserves to be defended.
Teba doesn't like being trapped. He likes it even less when other people are trapped. He saved Yunala, Yunala saved him. He wants to make sure nobody else is trapped like that ever again. Nobody should have to endure what he went through.

Bond: I forget who I was before I was, "changed".
Teba has absolutely no memories of his life before he woke up that day. The Dragon's blood being injected into him did awful things to him physically and mentally, the worst of which was changing his brain. Though he is scared to, Teba desperately wants to learn about his past. Unfortunately everyone who could have told him about it is dead.

Flaw: I get distracted easily.
The changes in his brain make it very difficult for Teba to focus. The attraction to bright and shiny things is part of it. But he also reacts to pretty much every noise he hears. It's hard to get him to take care of even a basic task without watching over him. He's gotten better, but it's still a major struggle.

Trauma: The worst thing he ever went through was the day the needles stopped. It was the day that the Dragon's blood warped him into a half dragon monster. He has never felt pain or stress beyond that moment. The last injection was a larger dose than the others, and it was just enough to finish what the man had started. The changes were horrifically painful, itchy, and exhausting both physically and mentally.

Fear: Teba is severely claustrophobic. He can't handle being boxed or inside a small space. His reactions range from trying to ask the people around him to move away a little bit, to lashing out at whatever is in his way, to full out panic attack that ends with him in a sobbing mess on the floor.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:29 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1009
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku

Name: Dr. Philippe Brighton
Race: Variant Human (Feat: Mobile)
Class: Blood Hunter (Order of the Mutant)
Alignment: LN

Background: Experimental Doctor (from The Black Book)
Skill Proficiencies: Nature and Medicine
Languages: Any standard language
Tools: Alchemist’s tools
equipment: Soiled noble clothes, a leather apron, a set ofspecialized knives, a pouch containing 15 gold
Feature: Grim Connections- Your discreet pursuit has given you experience in finding the“materials” necessary for your experiments. You know where (Beacon Asylum) to find hassle-free access to fresh corpses in any city, and how to move them around without drawing too much attention.
Personality traits: I tend to document important events, interactions, and creatures I encounter.
Most doctors practice in the rear camps. Me? I honed my blade in the front line.
Ideal: Progress- To survive we must always grow.
Bond: The implements and tools of my trade hold immeasurable value to me and in their own right.
Flaw: There’s no reason NOT to cut deeper! Perhaps just one more incision will bring to light something new!
Specialization: My work seeks to find a path to immortality more reliable than that of necromancers.
Trauma: His partaking of the forbidden concoction known as the Hunter’s Bane caused his mind, body, and soul to feel as though it was being ripped apart, sewn together, and ripped apart again for days on end. His mind never fully recovered, constantly hearing the captured vampire’s words laughing maniacally in his sleep.
Fear: His greatest fear is that he will one day become a creature of the undead, the thing he despises most and an insult to his research.
Trinket: A small vial of vampire blood that hangs from a necklace under his lab coat.

Physical Description: Dr. Brighton carries himself with a quiet dignity that you would expect of an accomplished doctor. His plain floor length lab coat is pristine and buttoned up with a flap over his chest to the right. Brown leather pants have several small pockets for holding small scalpels and other medical instruments. His gloves are a tight fitting thin green cloth. Why green you ask? He just likes how the red blood looks on a green background. It’s an odd preference, but red and black comes off a little too morbid. His black boots are mud stained as if he has been digging or trampling around in the mud. His hair is not quite shoulder length and has turned white from one of his experiments on himself. His face is slightly pale as if he doesn’t get out in the sun very often, but not unpleasant to look at. His expression is usually placid or with a slight tinge of scientific curiosity. Many are often uneasy when he smiles...especially when he’s staring right at them.

Personality: The “Good Doctor” has a pleasant bed side manner when dealing with his patients. His past traveling companions find him very focused when he finds something that interests him. His views on death and life are very matter of fact and sometimes apathetic. “Everybody dies at some point. If they don’t then I must meet them.” His discussions are usually more fact based and inquisitive as he searches for the truth in most situations. He never acts out of emotion or brashness. He is a team player when it comes to completing a task as he views order and efficiency vital to doing something right the first time.

Character Bio: Dr. Brighton is a man obsessed with finding a perfect version of everlasting life after he witnessed half of his village being slaughtered by a group of vampires before they were eventually staked and beheaded by the remaining villagers. Before the last one was killed, Philippe had snuck into the jail where it was being held and talked to it. He was curious as to how old it was and why it had to survive by the blood of others. “It’s all about the blood. Blood is life. We can not produce our own thus we must take it from others. It is like you mortals going without food. It may be ok for a few days, but the longer you go without eating the more desperate you become. The more feral and cruel you are willing to be to eat. We are not so different. I am simply capable of outliving your meager existence. Once moment you are here, the next you’re gone with little to show for it. Life without immortality is simply one circling the drain.”The boy looked at it with curiosity. “May I have some of your blood Mr. Vampire sir? I don’t think you will be needing it much longer.” He poured out the liquid in his water skin and offered it to the captive. It chuckled at the strange request. “As you wish little darkling.”

Philippe’s mind was rocked by this morbid epiphany. What was the point of life if it was to end too soon? Sure there were others ways of staving off death: necromancy, vampirism, becoming a lich, rising to become a deity, and other bizarre methods. All of which were flawed in one way or another. Each had to give something up in return to exist a little bit longer. If the key was the blood, perhaps there was a way to enhance the body and blood to make them rejuvenate forever. Thus he went down the road of medicine and darker practices. Through a combination of ritual and mixing of the vampire blood with other Alchemical substances, he created the Hunter’s Bane. It was an elixir that would enhance his blood and body to hunt down other vampires and creatures of the undead. He needed more blood and parts for his experiments if he was going to succeed at his goal of perfect immortal unrestrained by undeath or disease of the mind, soul, or body.

Over the years, Dr. Brighton had moved his lab to Union City. It had a large enough population to supply him with regular work and dead bodies to experiment on. It had become almost rote for him to slip into the graveyard at night, slip the night watch some gold and wheel a body back to his lab in the basement of the house. When the graveyards started to dry up, he would request cadavers from Beacon Asylum. They needed more room for occupants and the Good Doctor was one of a ‘Don’t ask don’t tell’ mindset as to who the cadavers were or their cause of death. They were already dead. He was just doing a public service of making sure they stayed that way while continuing his research that would ultimately benefit the world. Years of careful study was yielding fruit. Certain body parts could be used in Alchemical unguents enhance the body, but he hadn’t quite mastered how to do so without side effects. He just kept telling himself it was all a matter of time before he made his big breakthrough. One day, he heard about some ghouls terrorizing a village several miles away. He immediately left to go check it out. Ghoul saliva was said to have paralytic properties that he could use to sedate patients that might have to go under the knife for one reason or another. It was better than having someone have to bear the full pain during an operation. The rumor turned out to just be wild animals much to his disappointment. He found a message under his door upon his return home. It was a request for him and a few others to rescue the nobleman’s daughter from the asylum. The Good Doctor couldn’t stand by and allow a patient who wasn’t sick to be treated for an illness she didn’t have. That would be unethical...

Roleplay Sample: Your character was once given wise advice from a stranger. Show us that scene.
The Good Doctor stood back to back with a priest of Torm fighting off a squad of zombies that had risen from the grave. The necromancer that had summoned them was the first to fall as Dr. Brighton used stealth and his knowledge of human anatomy to precisely pierce the heart of the corrupt Wizard from behind. The horde of undead were now no longer under anyone’s control and swarming the pair. As sword and radiant light battered away the creatures, Philippe pinned one zombie to the ground with his swords and took a moment to watch the thing struggle and analyzed its reaction to pain and if there was any kind of sentience behind its eyes or that of a mindless beast. The beast’s pierced palms pushed up the blade to its prey. “You are imperfect. I pity you. Such shoddy work indeed.” He decapitated it with one smooth strike of his shortsword.

”Are you done sightseeing yet!?” The priest just shook his head in amazement at how cool and collected the doctor was in the face of such abomination. How is he not horrified at all this? Torm’s servant knocked one of the zombies on its back with his shield then smashed its skull with his mace. Rotten brains and pieces of skull splattered all over his face. He looked back over his shoulder to see Dr. Brighton had kicked the stopping blocks out from under a cart to pin the last of the monstrosities against a well. The priest ran over to it with mace held high only to be stopped by Philippe grabbing his hand. ”It is confined. There is no need to dispatch it so quickly when it is utterly at our mercy.” The priest pulled his hand away and pointed at the zombie. ”THAT is an abomination of life and you want to spare it? Whose side are you on?”

The doctor moved nonchalantly over to get a closer look at his specimen. It snapped it teeth within inches of the man’s face. He looked at its body and face for the cause of its initial death. A slit that traced around the front of its throat seemed to be the culprit. It was too jagged to be a professional which meant it was self inflicted. ”I have no intention of sparing it. I despise this creature as well, for different reasons but still. How does the saying go? Knowledge is power. How do you yourself know how to best combat these things if those before you had not researched how to do so? I am simply collecting every scrap of information I can while I have the opportunity to do so. You are more than welcome to have a copy of my research for your order if you want.

The priest huffed and began pulling the horde into a pile, pouring holy water on them, and setting a controlled blaze. He sat down and stared into the fire. He didn’t look over his shoulder as he relayed his thoughts to the man who had come to his aid. ”No thank you. Knowledge this dark does not come without a price. I have no authority over you, but I will encourage you to stop this delve into the dark unknown before it swallows you up. Somethings are just not worth it.” Philippe turned away and gently pulled back part of his lab coat away from his chest to look at the dark purple outline of his heart pulsating with an eerie glow just beneath the skin. A sad whisper escaped his lips. ”Its too late to stop now...”
Old 03-23-2020, 10:08 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Are we rolling for 2nd and 3rd lvl hp, take average, or Max?
Old 03-23-2020, 02:54 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
max
Old 03-23-2020, 09:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9256
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith

I'm afraid I must withdraw from this one. Best of luck to all of you!

Last edited by Berith; Yesterday at 10:46 PM.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:55 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Aw man Hiruma, the conflict/kinship between our two characters would be AMAZING to play out. A terrified experiment and a curious scientist, both warped by blood being injected into them.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:10 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I definitely agree. It would be an interesting set of interactions.