Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael
CartoonORama

Game NameCartoonORama
Game SystemOther Roleplaying Games
ThemeAnything is possible
FlavourCheesy fun
Plot SummaryGame System: Simple and created on the fly
Players: 2-5
Post rate: Variable (We'll talk about it as a group)

* Right now I'm home and now as I have settled into the new routine I should have more time to post.*

It is a little after 2 a.m. and you have been up for what feels like forever. You have whittled away the sleepless hours binge watching your favorite shows. Mercifully the lord of slumber claims you for his own and your eyes shut. When they do reopen you are in the strangest dream of your life!

I posted this in the Misc. thread but seeing as the traffic there is low I figured I would post here as well in case some were interested but would otherwise not have seen this. These are some uncertain times I thought something light and fun may be what the doctor ordered.

The idea is to take our favorite cartoons/or shows and run through an episode. The player would have a large part in the story creation and more power with how others and the world react to them. The rules would be really light and made up for each show. A goal is set and we see what happens. Basically we'd be creating a funny and hopefully entertaining episode together. The episodes would probably move pretty quickly. I don't mean posting rate but that scenes would probably not last more than a couple of posts. It's meant to be just fun fluff .

You would take on the role of the character you want or for a little bonus a random one. You then play them out as if you were them of course adding your own unique take on them as well.

Want to see if Skeletor and crew can bumble their way to steal the sword of Eternia?
Want to send the Crew of the Planet Express on a mission?
Want to see if Cobra Commander can kidnap Duke?
Want to see if Homer becomes Queen of the Doughnut Ball?

We can make that happen.

How to apply: Simply express your interest and maybe some shows you would like to do. This will be pretty much first come first serve since I don't expect interest to be overwhelming to say the least.

If I missed anything important just ask away.
Old 03-22-2020, 04:01 PM
Timehopping 🌹 Gunslinger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 264
OrianaOleander OrianaOleander OrianaOleander
I am literally a cartoon. You see that icon? Das me IRL

I love this concept! My favorite cartoon shows include The Simpsons and Futurama, but beyond that I love pretty much all animation and have my own goal of becoming animated one day, myself. Rick and Morty, Adventure Time, most of the 90's classics like Rugrats, Aghh Real Monsters, and even though they were all terrible, I loved all the video game-based cartoons as well. Street Fighter has some really hilarious montages out there of bad animating. Classics like Looney Tunes made up my childhood, so when I hear "Cartoonoverse" I imagine something like that as far as action levels go, but I would be fine going in any direction with it. But I swear if you name a cartoon from as far back as the 70's I can probably at least tell you the premise and some character names. I also love anime... But perhaps that is a vault better left closed.

I don't really know what else I would ask in the meantime, but I'm totes interested.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:53 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3584
It's funny but as much as I know about Looney Tunes I never really watched them that much growing up. I'm sure there are some anime out there that would be a fun fit so I don't know if I'd completely taking it off the table. 70's shows..hmm I guess Scooby Doo would be the one I'm most familiar with of that era. I'm thinking Futurama might be a fun start but we'll see what other interested parties show up. In any case welcome aboard!

You can come say hi and we'll discuss anything in the OOC there. https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18572
Old 03-24-2020, 06:05 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
Shameless bump. Feel free to visit the game thread it has some more info there.

Last edited by Anael; 03-24-2020 at 06:06 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:58 PM
Wizards Only, Fools

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3118
Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier
What do you know about Dino-Riders?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpuh...e_polymer=true

Dim the Drowned|Telephus Lorre
Tribulations of the Stag
Old 03-25-2020, 05:36 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
Now that is a blast from the past! I may have to skim through a few of the episodes but wow that brings back memories..
Old 03-26-2020, 04:16 AM
Wizards Only, Fools

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3118
Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier
It was an awesome concept. Good show, great action figures. I've tried to turn in into an RPG twice, and I'm particularly fond of Hammerhead.

My favorite series was probably X-Men the Animated Series. The OG Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is legendary. I grew up watching a lot of the Hanna-Barbera action stuff: The Centurions, Thundarr the Barbarian, The Herculoids, and Valley of the Dinosaurs. I also like Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Adventure Time, and Rick & Morty. Obviously, Regular Show is another favorite of mine. I'm going to toss out Beast Wars, The Real Ghostbusters, and The Flintstones just to mention others that I have in my collection.

Also, The Pirates of Dark Water.

Dim the Drowned|Telephus Lorre
Tribulations of the Stag

Last edited by Grenadier; 03-26-2020 at 04:20 AM.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:18 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
Pirates of Darkwater was before its time! X-Men to me still has the most memorable intro music ever. At the time I'd probably have said ThunderCats was my favorite. Looking back I'm not so sure it would be anymore. Technically we have two players if you want in so if you want to stop by the game thread maybe we can get something going.