RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Announcements and Staff Rooms > Announcements
twitter google facebook

Old 08-09-2017, 11:29 PM
Ancient Gamer.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 42152
dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth
RPGX Post of the Month Winner for July!

July... the heat of this midsummer month in the northern hemisphere means vacations, or staying inside. In the southern hemispheres, it's midwinter, and the coldest part of the year.

This must be why July only had four posts nominated for Post of the Month, but my, what a great selection of four posts! Trust me, the judges had a hard time with the decision. It was hard and a well fought contest between three all four of the posts, with each one garnering a judges favored comments.

But, finally, one prevailed, and I am happy to announce that the Post of the Month winner for July 2017 is ... Khelbiros!

You can read the winning entry HERE:

The combat round and summary is a staple of most games... a thousand times or more, a GM will have to wrap up the many things happening in a round, and then advance the story. In a great game, the GM is not the only one to do a summary, and in this case, Khelbiros brings the many actions of a chaotic round right to us, and wraps them up nicely through the eyes of Naginata, the PC. The judges were impressed by the writing, the imagery, and the inclusion of all the action, in a nice, tight post that captured the feel of the moment, and advanced the plot seamlessly.

Please congratulate Khelbiros, and be sure to enjoy the other nominations for July 2017. You can find them here.

Each is an exceptional entry and well worth the read.

The PotM contest for August 2017 is going on now. Be sure to nominate your favorite posts from the month of August, and let's reward those among us with praise for their prose!

Last edited by dirkoth; 08-09-2017 at 11:30 PM.