Old 12-06-2018, 06:25 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
loganic
Hey misfits

Hey y'all!

Nice to meet ya. I'm checkin-in, saying hi, the works.

I'm just here looking for some casual fun, no strings attached. I enjoy long walks in a goblin warren and the warm cuddles of a fullplate/Space Marine's armor.

I've played D&D online for a few years, only VTT programs, and am currently in a PF game run on Roll20. I'm hoping to put a few free moments over the week to check out other games/gaming systems on PbPs. So I hope to see some of you all around

Last edited by loganic; 12-06-2018 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11807
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

Do you have any experience with PbP? If not, or you're just a little rusty, try the new player solo game! You'll select your system and be assigned your own private GM Mentor to show you the ropes and run your first adventure with you! Trusty Pathfinder is an option, but I suggest D&D5 if you're looking to try something new. It's a fairly intuitive system and is currently the most popular around these parts!

Any good stories to share from your Pathfinder game yet? Or is that still getting to the good parts?

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you oughtta go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:29 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 53418
dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth
Welcome!

We have a ton of NSA games. Pathfinder is still popular (hurrah) and there are a ton of other game systems that would love to have you look them over, and join.

Hope you enjoy yourself!
Old 12-06-2018, 07:01 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
loganic
I've never done PBP, before. That's actually what attracted me here vs some of the other places was the encouragement to try some solo games. I definitely plan to.
I'm not sure what NSA games are.

There's been a lot of fun little shenanigans.
I run a Tengu inquisitor archer, in a world Tengu don't exist. This snippet was one of the most memorable, if unfortunate incidents.
We had defended a small river cargo ship from pirates, but the captain died. When the we got to port, our bard (also our employer at the time), blatantly lied to a cleric (of a neutral trade god), that most of the cargo was ours, just as the trade manifest fell out of his jacket. He then tried to cast Innocence in front clerics face and didn't understand why regardless of his high Bluff and the spell, it not only didn't work, but he got thrown in jail and later fined.
We were already in pretty heavy debt, and hadn't made much profit off that trip, so the fines didn't help.
Fortunately, he's not playing with us anymore

Edit: (grammar) + Btw, do you know if there's any interest in the PF playtest?

Last edited by loganic; 12-06-2018 at 07:07 PM.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11807
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
NSA games are definitely no strings attached games and not National Security Agency games...

No one is watching you right now, that's just crazy!

On an unrelated note, your fly is down!
If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you oughtta go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:53 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35362
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
There have been a couple PF playtest games on site this year.

Once PF 2.0 is out of playtest mode, supposedly some time this year, we plan on offering it as a New Player Solo Game option.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:14 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2676
Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn
Welcome aboard Loganic! This site is full of good gaming options, and I'm sure you'll find something to suit your fancy. Hope you enjoy yourself, and do let us know if you need anything.

Currently playing in West Marches: Westhaven; West Marches: Everlasting Unknown; and Hoard of the Dragon Queen DMing in West Marches: Westhaven
Old 12-07-2018, 03:32 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17300
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning loganic,

Not sure what VTT program is? Can you explain it to me?

Cool that you signed up over here, how did you find us and what made you sign up? Have you been cruising the site yet and spotted some Games you would like to start making an application for? Most important though, welcome over here and happy gaming
Old 12-07-2018, 06:06 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4044
McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin
Welcome Loganic!

It's nice to see another Warhammer 40k fan! Every once in a while a 40k game will pop up. I also would suggest the New Player Solo game. That way you can learn the ins and outs of how things work in a PbP.

Have fun and I'll see ya around the site.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:16 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
loganic
VTT is Virtual Tabletop. Some of the ones I've tried Maptool, Klooge Werks, Roll20.

I enjoy the lore of WH40K, but I haven't dove too deep. Most of my exposure is from video games or from the All Guardsmen party campaign. (A good read, or listen to it like I did, voiced by Cloak and Dagger). I really would love to find an inexpensive way to get into it even more.

It's awesome seeing so many people saying hi!
I'm going to go get my feet wet with a NPSG first before I check out a full game.

I started a project recently that involves a lot a wait time. I managed to get through a few audiobooks and the above mentioned campaign. I ended up wondering if I can do something more for 10-20 min a day, and came across a mention about PBPs being perfect for that, and it linked here, or what must've been the previous incarnation something dndonline because I got redirected here. And this place looked pretty awesome.

Last edited by loganic; 12-07-2018 at 02:18 PM.