Game Thread Chapter Four: Complications - Page 13 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: S-V > Seis'kerta > Trials of the Young King
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #181  
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 08:31 PM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is online now
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 15376
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 11,194

"If it's acceptable I would like an opportunity to speak before the Elders. I won't take long I promise"
__________________
Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
Coiya had everyone gather around a stone table in the corner of the vast cave, taking a seat on one of the crude stools around it. Despite sitting on the ground Geld still manages to sit about level to everyone else.

"It is my intention to aid you in your fight against Sharak, Deimos and the Elder Demon, however I must speak with the Children first. For now, I will send my daughter, Min, back with you so that we can speak more easily." Both Min and Kevian look surprised at this, while Coiya glances towards her three friends. "Toy, Geld, Mockingbird, I want you three to go with her. To help her and to continue her training."

"Father, I-" Min looks confused now. "-I don't understand. Don't you want me to help here? To prepare?"

Coiya gives her a father's smile. "I want you to go because I can trust you and because it will help you grow. There is another in Halvanna who is growing as you are."

Min still doesn't look convinced, but nods, while Toy grins slightly. "So babysitting one Godling isn't enough?" He gives a dramatic sigh. "I guess I'm ok with that."

Geld nods in agreement. "Geld will go with the little spider to the mother world too."

Mockingbird, the man who had lectured Min after her fight, meanwhile, frowns. "The Children will fight in Sharak?"

Coiya gives a wry grin. "If I have anything to say about it."

"Then a man can not go with a girl. He made a promise of three heads to the dying. A God remembers?"

Coiya frowns slightly, as if trying to think, before nodding. "Why have you waited?"

"The taboo. A man has been waiting for war so that he may walk upon the mother world and take his three heads. He must hold to his promise to the dying, but he will return to a girl after."

Coiya levels a penetrating stare at Mockingbird, who holds it almost unblinkingly. "Very well. We'll include you in the first strike then, so you can take advantage of the surprise."

"A man is thankful."

"In that case-" Kevian leans forward with a grin on his face. "I'll go in Bird's place. I'll be able to help with Min's training, not to mention this other Godling and I'll be better able to get us out of any serious trouble that seems to be attracting my many times great-grand nephew."

Coiya looks almost suspicious. "Why?"

Kevian snorts. "I've had to make do with whatever tomes we can scrounge here and you've hardly been any help when it comes to magic. I expect that even without the help of an Archmage I'd find much to learn in Halva."

Coiya still looks doubtful, but glances towards Morgan and the others. "Do you have any objections?"

~MTWC
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 06:03 PM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is online now
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 15376
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 11,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiya
"Any objections?"
"Not at all. I'd be happy to have another arcanist around. We're going to have to clear all this with Vulcar of course, but I can't see why he would have problems with the presence of any of you so long as you can all promise to keep from making trouble while guests in our realm."
Morgan glances between Min, Mockingbird, and Kevian.
"For the record we will not be sitting idly by while your people do all the work. When the time comes I have an entire list of people on my "to do" list, and I assure you I don't think small neither do the others. So coming with us to the material plane doesn't mean you're off the playing field if you don't want to be.

Min, it will also give you a chance to get a new perspective, see how other people do things, and why. Who knows, you might just learn something out there that you can't here and bring bring that back to help your own people."

It was a race. If you let yourself stagnate, if didn't keep learning and advancing, you would be overtaken and beat by someone who did.
__________________
Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old Jul 17th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
"Very well then. You can go in Bird's place Kevian. It goes without saying that I expect you all to behave." He gives Kevian a significant look.

The Godling rolls his eyes. "You know better than anyone I've outgrown my...wilder days. Besides, I'll be spending most of my time reading most likely, especially if I look as much like grandfather as you claim." He stands up. "Unless there's anything else you need to say right now I'll get ready to leave." Coiya makes an unfamiliar gesture, after which Kevian walks away.

"Min, Toy, Geld. You'd best prepare as well." Coiya turns his attention back to the group as the three of them get up and leave. "Was there anything else you needed to discuss? Any other questions?"

Didina watches the three leave warily before speaking. "Yes. You said that you intended to fight against Sharak, Deimos and the Elder Demon. I assume by 'Sharak' you also mean the various Fiendish cults." Coiya nods, while Didina seems unusually hesitant. "Does that include the Church of Inanna?"

Coiya remains silent for a moment, his gaze firmly locked on Didina, before he finally speaks up. "That is a difficult question to answer. Some Children are more...hard line than others. On the whole though, we have no interest in Inanna or her followers. Provided that they do not interfere on behalf of her brother or the other Fiends. Is that answer enough?"

Didina nods. "Yes. I thank you for your candidness."

He looks from one to the other of the rest of the group. "Anything else?"

~MTWC
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old Jul 17th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Custom Titled
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 15th, 2023
RPXP: 2124
Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue
Posts: 2,984
Nevh observed that last exchange with interest, taking silent notes.
When prompted for additional issues, she stretched, poping her shoulder-blades, and spoke.
"I was wondering if through your skirmishes across the planes you found more information about the celestial planes and their residents. I'm looking mostly for anything related to L'arabiel and where She came from."

Then, a bit later.
"Also, I've noticed that many Children are bound to fiends. Would you have a ritual dagger to spare? With the fiends about in Aheka it might come in handy."
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old Jul 17th, 2012, 04:48 PM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is online now
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 15376
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 11,194
"Di."
Morgan pauses. Religion had always been a touchy subject for Morgan. He'd never been entirely comfortable with what was supposed to be his own, let alone other organizations. He dealt with it by trying to live and let live.
"Have you considered trying to convince her to take an officially neutral stance? I'm not saying it wouldn't be a delicate or risky thing to do, but we can certainly look into it."
He glances at Coiya.
"I hope that if that were to happen even your more hardline people would decide they had better things to do?"

"Are we being dismissed? Because if so there is still our little conversation to be had."
__________________
Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
Didina nods. "That's what I intend to do, though I'm hoping that's what they plan to do anyway."

"So long as they keep out of the fight, we'll have no reason to fight them. Break that trust and I can't be held accountable for what the Children do."

Coiya gives a shrug in response to Nevh's question. "We've no idea where any of the Zodiacs came from, or the Wolf Brothers. You'd be better off trying to speak with someone who lived through the Demongate Wars if you're trying to find out about them. They might be able to point you in the right direction at least."

He frowns when Nevh mentions the Fiend-souled. "You'll find that the overwhelming majority of them were bound before becoming Children. We don't encourage it at all, so any Child who does want to do it would have to do it themselves. So no, we don't have any daggers. Kevian might be able to make one for you if you asked him though, if you really want one."

~MTWC
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old Jul 21st, 2012, 03:41 AM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is online now
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 15376
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 11,194
"Well let me know if you want any help with that."
Morgan give Didina a cheesy grin.
"I am the God Yeller after all. It's like a Horse Whisperer but with gods and without an indoor voice. I haven't been smote yet so I must be doing something right. Well except for when Jester punched me, but he hits like a girl and it was sort of planned ahead anyway so it doesn't count."
He glances at Nevh.
"You madam actually wrecked a little plan I had by going and healing the bruise right away."
Not that she had actually known anything about his ploy, so it could be forgiven.

"Seriously though Didina, be very careful if and when you go. It's in enemy territory, and the Chathema are likely interested in "speaking" to you, but the big thing in my eyes is that the enchantress spent several weeks there mucking about with gods know what. I'd put money down that she was setting up either an information leak, a trap, or both. Don't go alone."

He's not entirely sure what Nevh is Having failed his Knowledge check earliertalking about but something about the situation and her line of questioning makes him feel uneasy. For now at least he says nothing about it.
__________________
Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old Jul 21st, 2012, 07:50 AM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
Coiya gives Morgan a dry look, his tone matching the expression. "Or maybe you've just come across more reasonably Deities? I'd like to see you try your God Yelling on one of the Seven for example - see how they react."

Didina smirks slightly at Morgan's words. "Why, I didn't know you cared? You needn't worry though. I don't intend to go over there if I can help it. I'm hoping the name of her Gate friend from the Church who is coming over to speak about the Enchantress and who also happens to be a daughter of InannaIlluna will share my opinion or that I can convince her. She'd be much better able to argue the point and convince Inanna and the church than I. I'm not exactly...popular among the rest of the Church." She glances to Morgan. "And I don't have any fancy gifts or titles that'll make them listen to me, unlike you and yours."

~MTWC
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 07:26 AM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Custom Titled
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 15th, 2023
RPXP: 2124
Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue
Posts: 2,984
To Coiya's answer to her first question, Nevh tapped her cheek with her forefinger pensively.
"Perhaps Nehrahk would know. Consulting him on the matter could serve, if only for guidance on how to confront, avoid or contain Yostrah's vessel. He would probably like to know he's got kin working against him."

The second answer didn't raise her hopes on the matter. If he was as much of a bookworm as he seemed to insinuate odds were he wouldn't have time to spare on something like that. She simply nodded.

Nevh tilted her head to the side uncomfortably with embarrassment when Morgan called himself "the God Yeller", almost like he had just smashed an egg against his head to see if people would laugh. She quickly returned her gaze upon him when he mentioned the healed punch.
"Oh, it's fine. I can put it back on, no problem. I happen to hit like a girl too."

Last edited by Blue; Jul 22nd, 2012 at 02:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 12:17 PM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
"Speaking with Nehrahk would be difficult, though probably worthwhile. It's difficult even for me to arrange a meeting with him."

Syoban grins. "You wouldn't happen to have an object he made do you? If so I can open a portal there the same way I did here."

"Hmmm." Coiya sits back as he thinks. "Actually, I think I do. An amulet with his symbol on it which he insists in me bringing with me when I meet him." He reaches into his pockets for a moment before handing it over to the Rudaa. "Be warned though, I don't know how he'll react if you just show up out of the blue, though I don't think he'll kill you, especially if you have that with you and given the news you have. Still, I wouldn't get your hopes up on getting direct help from him."

~MTWC
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]

Last edited by Makenshi; Jul 22nd, 2012 at 12:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 05:10 PM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is online now
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 15376
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 11,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiya
"I'd like to see you try your God Yelling on one of the Seven for example - see how they react."
Morgan's grin becomes, if anything, wider.
"You would, would you? Now that sounds like the sort of thing bets are made of."

In response to Didina's comment he says.
"Of course I care Di.
Aside from maybe Crescent you're the only other one around here with a well developed sense of humor. Plus there's the bit about a valued co-worker, common decency in caring for another person, and respect for your intellect and skill, and so forth.
As far as gifts and titles go I'm not sure about how much help mine are going to be. I get along with members of the church but my image with the church in general might be a little tarnished."
And that tarnish would probably increase when he sprung his little surprise on the church leadership. "Anyways the offer is open if you'd like a little help on the convincing side of things."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevh
"Oh, it's fine. I can put it back on, no problem. I happen to hit like a girl too."
"Oh I have no shortage of people willing and able to punch me if a bruise is needed, but the need has already passed. If you want I'll put you on the list though."

When the discussion turns to Nethrahk Morgan turns thoughtful.
"We might not want to approach him with so large a group. Including the Children we have 12 people, which might put him on edge. We should either do it later with fewer people or split the group. I could take Alyyryk and Lucius and three of the Children back to Halvanna while the rest of you head out to meet this Nethrahk."
__________________
Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 12:33 AM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Custom Titled
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 15th, 2023
RPXP: 2124
Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue
Posts: 2,984
The offer seemed to amuse her a little. A short smile showed briefly, then she nodded.
"If you ever need a good one, then sure. Sign me up. I aim to serve."

As Syoban asked about an item the Elder Demon might have made, she made a similar grin his way.
It kind of reminded her why he used to be her most cherished friend, many years ago.
That odds were now good they would meet up with an Old one without getting killed too much. It had been a few weeks now that Nevh had felt this excited about meeting someone. She thought again briefly about what she had told Zilira back when they had met; that she had no intention of having to deal with more gods and Powers, and she recalled how she dreaded that she'd get dragged into that dimension of danger despite her wishes - and here she was, going to meet a bloody Elder Demon.
No doubts Past Nevh would slap Present Nevh back to her senses, but she was gone.

As Syoban pocketed the amulet, the thought came to her that it was perhaps a means to protect them from whatever defenses he would have set in his demiplane. Things like an army of fiends. Last time they had popped into a new dimension the guardians got all excited and there were only four of them.
"Three might be better. I'll go with Syoban. Perhaps Kevian could come: One from the Hands, one from the Children and one of us."
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
As they discuss things, Syoban turns the symbol over in his hand, examining it curiously. "I agree with Wainraith, the fewer people the better."

"I doubt Kevian will agree to go. He hates visiting Nehrahk's domain." Coiya explains.

Bird looks almost amused. "A man thinks that is more to do with a Demon than an Elder."

Coiya nods. "It's still unlikely he'll go." He looks back towards Nevh. "Sanna should return with the other Faces soon. If you want a representative of the Children to go with you then she would be your best bet short of me."

Once that was sorted, Syoban had another question for Coiya. "You said this was his symbol, right?" Coiya nods. "Then why does it look familiar?" He looks around to the others, holding it up so they can see. "Does anyone else find this familiar?" The symbol is an equilateral triangle with another, flipped, triangle inside it which has a flipped triangle within it and so on and so forth until the lines of the triangle become a dot.
Knowledge (religion) or Bardic Knowledge check
 

 

~MTWC
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Custom Titled
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 15th, 2023
RPXP: 2124
Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue
Posts: 2,984
Nevh nodded. It was even better.
"Aye, Sanna would do, yes."

To Syoban's question, she didn't have to look at the symbol long for it to bring another to memory, so much they were similar.
She had seen it often, Calder being one of those who carried a similar amulet around.
"Trinity."

That made her rub her lower lip pensively and almost absentmindedly as she reached out into her small bag for her book, perusing it silently for about a minute. Wondering if it would reveal her deeper details on what she thought she knew and perhaps refresh her memory on the subject.

Last edited by Blue; Jul 24th, 2012 at 07:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:11 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB