OOC Idle chatter, empty bragging, lame jokes (and introductions) - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Other Roleplaying Games > The Solo Bazaar
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Old May 12th, 2018, 09:34 PM
Higgle, Hogwart, Hogbrain

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8079
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
Howdy folks. I posted a few things I am willing to GM as solo games. If anyone is interested just let me know. I will keep my eyes open for an opportunity to play a spore druid solo (5e) in the meantime.

This is a neat idea by the way. Thanks for setting this up.
Old May 12th, 2018, 09:39 PM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6559
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Hello, I'm Eric, 40 years old, job, little kids, in grad school also, don't have time for this kind of stuff, but I'd probably go crazy if it weren't for PbP!

Anyway, I'm crazy busy in RL, and also running 3 campaigns (one lvl0 Goonies type of gamePathfinder, one 5e Dwarves only, because they're freakin' Dwarves! Going quite well so farProphecy game, and just started an My favorite system, it's amazing, just not a lot of people know about it.Earthdawn campaign)

I am looking to be a player in an Earthdawn or 1st Edition VtM game, but can trade a super slow solo/duo game in 2e/3.x/5e/Earthdawn.

The grad school is keeping me really bloody busy, so I post very infrequently.

Last edited by Karhald; May 12th, 2018 at 09:40 PM.
Old May 13th, 2018, 12:07 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 464
Karver Karver Karver Karver Karver
Welcome Pendragon and Karhald! Glad to have you in our little corner of the realm!

Also welcome Delpinator and Arthilian!

I plan on addng some stuff here shortly, but I have to catch up in my Dragon Mountain game!

Last edited by Karver; May 13th, 2018 at 12:09 AM.
Old May 13th, 2018, 11:48 AM
Mothwoman meets warlock!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12398
stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol
@TheJester: thanks, great job in the matchmaking thread. I like the lame joke

I was just thinking: maybe we don't want people that already have games in progress (eg, Goliath and I) to stay in the table. It's probably better to delete them temporarily, so the table would show only who is actually available for the matchmaking.

To manage that easily you can make a secret field, only visibile to yourself, and copy the relevant rows from the table -- that way you (or another GM) can easily reinstate them when needed.

Or (this is probably the easiest, best solution) we can simply make two identical tables, "looking for a game" and "playing a game". The tables will have to be identical to permit swapping rows from one to another. What do you think? If you want I can go ahead and do it, adding Arthilian to the list.

Edit: I went and split the table -- I think it's much better now (and more so it will be when our ranks swell, as they are already doing to a dangerous extent).
Also, I added a small note about keeping the "solo profile" (the linked post) updated.

Speaking of that: Hi, Arthilian! Welcome!
Edit: oops, I didn't notice this thread had a second page now. Hi Pendragon, Karhald!

Last edited by stepanxol; May 13th, 2018 at 12:13 PM.
Old May 13th, 2018, 12:24 PM
Mothwoman meets warlock!

Tools
User Statistics
stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol
I was tired editing the last post, so here's a new one to tell Jester / the other DMs that I took care of adding the new blood to the table in the MM thread! Go me!

edit: Caveman too

Last edited by stepanxol; May 13th, 2018 at 05:22 PM.
Old May 13th, 2018, 02:52 PM
Pure Scotch beef.
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4695
Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman
Hi all, I've posted up a request in the thread and here's some info about me in case it's interesting or useful.

I'm a long-term member of the site (since 2004, even once a moderator) and even longer RPGer having played 1e, 2e, 3e, 3.5e and 4e before settling on Pathfinder as my system of choice. I took a fairly long break from the site due to professional and family committments but am now properly back and maintaining decent posting. As I mentioned in the request thread I'm really looking for PF games, and specifically the published ones as I'm keen to more fully explore the published setting. I love homebrew stuff and have played and DM'd loads of them, but almost never get to try out the modules or APs - hence the request. I have plenty of GMing experience and would be willing to reciprocate the PF solo game if someone wanted, but (selfishly) I'm really here as a player requester!
I think this is a fantastic idea, and thanks to you guys for thinking of it and making it happen.
Old May 13th, 2018, 03:15 PM
Mothwoman meets warlock!

Tools
User Statistics
Hi Caveman! I'm quite interested in the upcoming PF playtest; it's too early to discuss it right now (and I'm busy setting up a game), but perhaps we may try exploring it together this summer...
Old May 13th, 2018, 03:33 PM
Pure Scotch beef.
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4695
Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman
Yeah, I'd be up for that. As you say, need to wait fro the playtest rules to drop but I certainly think a bilateral solo game would be a good way to learn the rules from both DM and player points of view!
Old May 13th, 2018, 05:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2061
bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913 bookworm913
This is a great idea. Thank you.

I have been playing D&D since 2nd edition. And all my games have been online. I love solo games. I have tried my hand at DM'ing but it's not for me. I love role play heavy games and I find too much combat boring. I am a mature player and I don't mind adult situations - in fact I prefer it. I have played D&D, GURPS, Wild west...and I think that's it. Anyway, I'll go over and place my request.

Thanks again.
Old May 13th, 2018, 07:46 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Hi Caveman and Bookworm. Welcome to the Solo Corner! I hope that you find the game you are looking for.
Old May 13th, 2018, 07:50 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I love the loading screen in the Big List. Very nice touch!
Old May 13th, 2018, 08:05 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
Delpinator and I have a set of games to run. I am going to do a Numenera Solo game for him and he is going to do a 5e Solo game for me. How do you want us to go about making folders or threads or what ever? There is no rush I need a few days to put together my side of the two games.
Old May 13th, 2018, 08:12 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Just post your Game Title and System; then I (or another GM) will add your folder.

Example: The Light Next Door: D6 Fantasy

After it’s made, you can run it just like any other game. I’m not sure if we’ve decided to create Game System folders with games in sub-folders, so we might need to figure that out.
Old May 13th, 2018, 08:18 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Alright, when I get my ducks in a row I will let you all know.
Old May 14th, 2018, 06:48 AM
Mothwoman meets warlock!

Tools
User Statistics
Karver, I think the easiest thing is to create all the subfolders in the "Games in progress" thread, with the system in brackets.
Something like

[Numenera] Splitting skulls and taking names... under a purple sun
[5e] The Dwarf Spy in the Gnomish Brothel

damn... now I want to play these games...

Then they can create as many threads as they want inside their subfolder and manage the thing on their own.

Last edited by stepanxol; May 14th, 2018 at 06:50 AM.