Game Thread A Silence at Midnight - Page 10 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > West Marches
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #136  
Old Apr 11th, 2023, 08:22 PM
psuedenim's Avatar
psuedenim psuedenim is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 25th, 2023
RPXP: 4983
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Posts: 1,989
Girgadan - must not swing axe
left-aligned image

The sound of the gate opening is unexpected and Girgadans thoughts turn to his companions but first things first. He wipes his hand over his face in exasperation, slowly exhales and once he's more centered looks at Hathrin "I would appreciate it if you stay here with Rachik and make sure she remains safe, I am putting my trust in you on this" he wanted to add that he would put his axe in him if it didn't work out but refrained from further upsetting everyone.

"I am off to see what if anything is happening at the gates as I presumed they were closed till this murder was resolved, perhaps it is?" and he starts running back down to the gate house.


Actions
Initiative:
Movement: Dash to gatehouse
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Notes:



 
__________________
Get to know psuedenim. I'm a He/Him in PDT and am around most days.

An ongoing medical thing came up so posting could be slower for a while. Please PM me or even post for me if the gap is too long.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old Apr 12th, 2023, 06:56 AM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 25th, 2023
RPXP: 16135
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 16,509
Bill ďthe Orog,Ē Custom Lineage FighterSheet|AC: 17|HP: 13/13|+6/2d6+4|Status: Normal
Heavy Armor Master | Interception Style | Second Wind 1/1|1/1 HD

left-aligned image
right-aligned image

Bill takes the chaotic scene in as quickly as possible. His instinct is to follow Rhaegalt, but that's probably pointless, and maybe impossible - it's doubtful that he can slip under the gate the way the slim half-elf did. Besides, Rhaegalt apparently wants him to stay.

Bill turns to Deamiss, who apparently has something important to tell him. The strange man was muttering about Fluffy... "Is someone using a familiar in the abbey?" Bill asks him, look up at the towering wizard. Bill encountered enough wizards during his long time at the Vault of the Sages to become familiar with that particular magic. "Is that something to do with the murder, Deamiss? I could see that being pretty effective...but I should probably be quiet and just Or if you just want to tell me to read the last several few posts. ( :let you talk." Bill glances out the gate at the racing humanoids as he waits.

 

 

 
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old Apr 23rd, 2023, 10:55 PM
Corwin's Avatar
Corwin Corwin is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 26th, 2023
RPXP: 21671
Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin
Posts: 6,980
A Silence at Midnight

Girgadan on the RunThe rumble of the gate chains carries through the walls. "I would appreciate it if you stay here with Rachik and make sure she remains safe, I am putting my trust in you on this. I am off to see what if anything is happening at the gates as I presumed they were closed till this murder was resolved, perhaps it is?"

Hathrin nods hastily and Lodd mutters "We'll guard her, you can count on it." Girgadan takes off down the corridor at full speed. Roused by the gate or the clatter of Girgadan's armor, several doors open along the passage and monks peer out. Girgadan flashes past two goblins in gowns on the north side, blinking as if they've just woken up, and catches a glimpse of an older human with a red beard to the south. He rounds the corner into the stairwell. As he makes the first turn down the spiral staircase, faint sounds ring down from the opening to the top of the wall above. He hears bows twang and a long gnollish howl.


At the North GateBill, Olin, and Ektrae arrived just as Rhaegalt shouted through the gate. "Dammit, Grivin, ALIVE!" The near-dead gnoll chief shows no sign of listening, charging after the fleeing Kannir, letting his spear drop to draw his longbow. His packmate Gratch is slower on the uptake but not by much, nocking an arrow as Grivin ran by and advancing by his side. Rhaegalt squeezes under the slowly rising gate after them. "Deamiss, tell Bill what you just discovered. I'm going to try and stop Grivin from killing another Gnoll who might have some answers, follow if you must."

Deamiss mutters to Bill "...far running gnoll, he wizard, he got familiar, near, not know where, he kill chief Grivin...Rhaegalt scramble death...", then presses his bulky form under the gate after Rhaegalt. Pijjar remains in the side room, cranking the gate higher. Barretti and Olin exchange a glance at hearing Deamiss and turn back to the gnolls, Crotho seems not to notice and stares at the chase beyond the gate in horror the whole while. Ektrae's full attention stays on Deamiss, her face expressionless.

Grivin and Gratch loose arrows on the fly and both Grivin - 21 to hit for 6 damage, Gratch - 16 to hit for 7 damageland in the distant Kannir's back. The far gnoll stumbles and hisses something incomprehensible, slashing a paw through the air to send Magic Missile, Grivin takes 5 damage and goes down, Gratch takes 6three glowing darts back in return, one striking Grivin and two slamming into Gratch. Grivin falls face-first on the path near the small orc encampment and Gratch skids to a halt by his side, kneeling next to his chief and howling, while Kannir zigzags off the path into a stand of scrub pine, still running. The orcs cheer the long shots by Grivin and Gratch, then shuffle a few steps back from the path when the arcane bolts zip past. The goblins stay inside their tent to avoid attracting attention from the skirmishing gnolls, and the kobolds begin scuttling toward the Abbey gate to get as far away as possible, dragging their ragged deerhide sunshade along with them.


 

 



OODM@All - You're up! If your PC is at the gate and you want to get involved in the gnoll dispute, roll initiative in your next post.

The gate is now raised to about three feet and no longer forces PCs to go prone and crawl to get past it.

Rhaegalt's crawl cost 10' of movement and standing cost 15', so he's now 35' north of the gate. Deamiss is 10' north of the gate.
Grivin and Gratch are 50' north of the gate. Grivin got zeroed by Kannir's Magic Missile, so he is again making death saves. Gratch is down 6 HP.

Kannir is 180' north of the gate, down 13 HP, and made it to half-cover. He now has effectively 17 AC against ranged attacks.

Girgadan will arrive at the north gate next turn.
__________________
Posting rate: Slow.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old Apr 25th, 2023, 06:31 PM
psuedenim's Avatar
psuedenim psuedenim is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 25th, 2023
RPXP: 4983
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Posts: 1,989
Girgadan - keep on running
left-aligned image

More sounds of fighting, seems like the others have found the killers. Hope I'm not too late for the party


Actions
Initiative:
Movement: Dash to gatehouse
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Notes:



 
[/QUOTE]
__________________
Get to know psuedenim. I'm a He/Him in PDT and am around most days.

An ongoing medical thing came up so posting could be slower for a while. Please PM me or even post for me if the gap is too long.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old Apr 28th, 2023, 05:50 AM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 25th, 2023
RPXP: 16135
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 16,509
Bill “the Orog,” Custom Lineage FighterSheet|AC: 17|HP: 13/13|+6/2d6+4|Status: Normal
Heavy Armor Master | Interception Style | Second Wind 1/1|1/1 HD

left-aligned image
right-aligned image

Watching the violent exchange, Bill worries whether Rhaegalt and the others will prevail over the gnoll wizard, much less take him alive. He frowns. There’s nothing he can do to help – the fight will be over before he even reaches javelin range.

Bill turns to Crotho and Ektrae. “So this gnoll wizard is your co-conspirator?” he asks them. “Or maybe a blackmailer?”

 

 

 

Last edited by secretID; May 19th, 2023 at 05:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old May 1st, 2023, 10:06 PM
JaDeX105 JaDeX105 is online now
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 25th, 2023
RPXP: 6885
JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105
Posts: 1,144
Rhaegalt
right-aligned image
"You're not getting away Kannir!" Rhaegalt shouts, a moment before the Gnoll turns around and unleashes three blistering bolts at his packmates. Closing his eyes for just a split second, Rhaegalt annoyedly thinks to himself, He couldn't survive for even ONE minute! As the Paladin approaches the Orc encampment, he makes a beeline to Grivin. Once again, Rhaegalt touches the Gnoll's shoulder to restore life. He says, "Stay here, let Gratch and I handle this!" keeping a hand firmly on the Gnoll's shoulder as a way to reiterate his order.

Turning to the Orcs surrounding in the encampment, Rhaegalt Persuasion check of 9attempts to treaty with them by offering, "A gold piece for anyone who helps capture that Gnoll, alive!" He does not wait for any response, taking off again after Kannir.

 

__________________
+ Come join the fun in Tug of War! +
Current Tug of War game- #119: Septembers are for Oktoberfest
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old May 17th, 2023, 12:41 AM
Corwin's Avatar
Corwin Corwin is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 26th, 2023
RPXP: 21671
Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin
Posts: 6,980
A Silence at Midnight

At the North GateGirgadan races down the stairs and around the corner, almost running into Bill and a handful of abbey folk at the north end of the tunnel. He sees the gate slowly rising, Rhaegalt and Deamiss already past it and moving fast, and beyond them, one gnoll howling over another lying in the dirt. Prioress Barretti is ducking under the gate while drawing a shortsword and beckoning Olin to follow her. Girgadan arrives just in time to hear Rhaegalt's shout of "You're not getting away Kannir!" Just inside the gate, Bill is looming over Steward Crotho and an elderly elven nun he hasn't seen before. "So this gnoll wizard is your co-conspirator? Or maybe a blackmailer?"

Crotho sniffs and folds his arms, looking indignant. "I have conspired with no one, nor have I been blackmailed." The old elven woman Ektrae looks startled at Girgadan's sudden arrival, gives Crotho a glance of utter contempt, then turns back to watch the scene unfolding beyond the gate and mutters "I have spoken to no gnoll wizard."

Outside the gate, Barretti and Olin take up guard positions while Rhaegalt and Deamiss run ahead. The paladin rushes to the fallen gnoll and Grivin is healed to 1 HPlays on hands with all the weight of his armor behind it, healing Grivin and strongly hinting that he's better off staying down before continuing on and trying to call in the wild orcs to hunt Kannir down. Gratch takes a hasty shot that nat 1 for Gratchdisappears into a tree well above the half-hidden gnoll shaman and stands to run after Kannir.

Deamiss pounds along behind Rhaegalt, drawing his longbow. His voluminous robes stretch, he seems to Beasthide rhinceros shift for 1 minute, temp CON +2, Athletics proficiency, +1d6 temp HPgain weight and height and his steps shake the ground. He fires an arrow that longbow misses with 15 vs 17 ACnearly finds Kannir among the trees. The gnoll shaman glares through the branches at the oncoming paladin and shifter, then turns and Dash into 3/4 coverstreaks away, barely visible through the woods along the path.

The wildfolk orcs seem more impressed with Deamiss's thundering rush than Rhaegalt's Persuasion 9 didn't sway themoffer of a gold coin. They keep to their camp, cheering for the Abbey's defenders but not joining the chase. The goblin campers likewise stay huddled in their tent but say nothing. The kobolds scuttle along toward the gate under their ragged deer hide, stopping a few feet from where Prioress Barretti and Olin guard the gate. Distantly, everyone hears Kannir yipping and growling through the underbrush. "I tellll everrry trrribe! Grrrivin died at abbey gate!"


 

 



OODM@All - You're up! Kannir is pretty hard to hit now due to range and cover, but not impossible yet.

The gate is now raised to about five feet and no longer forces PCs to go prone and crawl to get past it.

Barretti and Olin are 5' past the gate, standing to either side of it.

Deamiss is 40' north of the gate.
Grivin is 50' north of the gate, alive with 1 HP, and still prone.
Gratch is 65' north of the gate, down 6 HP.
Rhaegalt is 70' north of the gate.
Kannir is 240' north of the gate, down 13 HP and has 3/4 cover for effectively 20 AC plus disadvantage from range.
__________________
Posting rate: Slow.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old May 17th, 2023, 03:08 PM
psuedenim's Avatar
psuedenim psuedenim is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 25th, 2023
RPXP: 4983
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Posts: 1,989
Girgadan - forgot the popcorn
left-aligned image

Pulling at the now open gate he looks to Bill "What did I miss, sounds more exciting than all this talking I've been forcing myself to do. Swinging an axe is much simpler" and he unhefts his axe just in case things kick off at the gate, running his finger along the edges , more for show than any need to keep it sharp.

He walks over to be closer to Crotho and Ektrae "Spoken to no one and specifically no Gnoll. So who or what did you talk to, some kind of sneaky rat I reckon. Perhaps a magic rat like the one that tried to frame and kill Rachik"

He raises his voice a little to include Bill "Hey Bill have you seen what rats do when they get trapped? ... they have a habit of turning on each other, gets REAL nasty. Can be a good source of gambling for an evening for a bunch of bored soldiers. Keeps you familiar with the smell and look of blood because it seems to end up running sooner or later"

Girgadan is not being directly intimidating but he's definitely losing patience with these monks and even though he's not entirely sure of Crotho's deep of involvement he is entirely sure he would like to punch him in the face.


Actions
Initiative:
Movement:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Notes:



 
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
__________________
Get to know psuedenim. I'm a He/Him in PDT and am around most days.

An ongoing medical thing came up so posting could be slower for a while. Please PM me or even post for me if the gap is too long.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old May 19th, 2023, 05:19 PM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 25th, 2023
RPXP: 16135
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 16,509
Bill “the Orog,” Custom Lineage FighterSheet|AC: 17|HP: 13/13|+6/2d6+4|Status: Normal
Heavy Armor Master | Interception Style | Second Wind 1/1|1/1 HD

left-aligned image
right-aligned image

"The gnolls are fighting amongst themselves," Bill answers, "and Rhaegalt and Deamiss have intervened. That is, they're after some gnoll wizard, who's using a rat familiar." Bill looked out the gate blandly. "I don't know that they'll catch him, though.

"That's what I've gathered, anyway,"
Bill continues. "It sounds like you have your own rat news. This place sure is crawling with them - real and figurative."

 

 

 

Last edited by secretID; May 20th, 2023 at 07:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old May 19th, 2023, 07:19 PM
psuedenim's Avatar
psuedenim psuedenim is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 25th, 2023
RPXP: 4983
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Posts: 1,989
Girgadan - forgot the popcorn
right-aligned image

Quote:
It sounds like you have your own rat news.
"Too true. I just chopped up a magic critter trying to deliver a forged suicide note that was dripping rat poison. They sure like breeding and killing em in this place, makes me wonder if they got the right name for the God above the door" and he shakes his head slightly at all the murdering. Girgadan has killed a fair few folk over the years as a soldier but that felt more honest than what was going on here for some reason.


Actions
Initiative:
Movement:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Notes:



 
__________________
Get to know psuedenim. I'm a He/Him in PDT and am around most days.

An ongoing medical thing came up so posting could be slower for a while. Please PM me or even post for me if the gap is too long.

Last edited by psuedenim; May 19th, 2023 at 07:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old May 20th, 2023, 08:03 AM
secretID's Avatar
secretID secretID is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 25th, 2023
RPXP: 16135
secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID secretID
Posts: 16,509
Bill “the Orog,” Custom Lineage FighterSheet|AC: 17|HP: 13/13|+6/2d6+4|Status: Normal
Heavy Armor Master | Interception Style | Second Wind 1/1|1/1 HD

left-aligned image
right-aligned image

"Oh - that's good news," Bill says with understated cheer. "From what I've heard, it takes some time to make another, so the problem is solved for a little bit - maybe forever, if that wizard is stopped. And I suppose that solves the poisoning mystery. The only question remaining is who conspired with the gnoll wizard. We've got two very good candidates right here," Bill observes, not bothering to avoid the hearing of Ektrae and Crotho. "The gnolls should help with that question.

"Brother Olin,"
Bill asks after a moment's pause. "Are there any horses we can borrow nearby?"

 

 

 

Last edited by secretID; May 20th, 2023 at 08:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old May 21st, 2023, 08:00 PM
JaDeX105 JaDeX105 is online now
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 25th, 2023
RPXP: 6885
JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105
Posts: 1,144
Rhaegalt
right-aligned image
As the Gnoll starts ducking through the treeline farther ahead, Rhaegalt begins seeing the frivolousness in continuing the pursuit. I'm not making any ground on him, and with the tree coverage I might easily lose Kannir at any moment around a hidden turn. "Damn!" the Half-Elf curses, letting out his frustration at a target slipping through his fingers. Turning to his partner, Rhaegalt begrudgingly says, "Deamiss, take one more shot, but I fear this chase will not be ending today. We are not defeated, but will need to reassess."

Perhaps it would be better to let Grivin's pack deal with Kannir's capture, as they would know the northern land better than the newcomers. There was the risk of Grivin allowing the traitor to be killed, the Paladin knew, but it seemed foolish to run around these woods he was unfamiliar with. And if the group were to help south of the gate, the Gnoll that they spared might be more forthcoming with information. Rhaegalt had taken a few more steps to the north, but was waiting to see if Deamiss' shot would find its target to determine which direction he would Dash.

 

__________________
+ Come join the fun in Tug of War! +
Current Tug of War game- #119: Septembers are for Oktoberfest
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old Jun 3rd, 2023, 12:17 AM
Corwin's Avatar
Corwin Corwin is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 26th, 2023
RPXP: 21671
Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin
Posts: 6,980
A Silence at Midnight

At the North Gate"Deamiss, take one more shot, but I fear this chase will not be ending today. We are not defeated, but will need to reassess." Deamiss and Gratch pound downslope north of the wall, drawing even with Rhaegalt. Grivin scrambles to his feet, fumbling for his bow. All three send arrows arching toward the fleeing shaman, but misses all around with 14, 9, and 6 to hitnone come close. Kannir zigzags into a distant bank of undergrowth and into full cover, effectively Hiddendisappears from sight. Grivin howls a string of incomprehensible curses and throws his bow to the ground, then barks at Gratch who hangs his head and slowly paces back toward his chieftain.

Girgadan and Bill stay within arm's reach of the Steward and the Almoner, looming over them as Girgadan delivers news of events upstairs. "Spoken to no one and specifically no Gnoll. So who or what did you talk to, some kind of sneaky rat I reckon. Perhaps a magic rat like the one that tried to frame and kill Rachik." Crotho shows no sign of understanding, Ektrae's eyes flicker. At Girgadan's last words, the rising gate grinds to a halt and Pijjar leans out of the side room, her eyes wide. Barretti and Olin peer into the the tunnel, the Prioress glaring and Olin looking shocked. Except for Grivin's howling, there is a moment of total quiet at the gate.

Bill brings Girgadan up to date while Crotho and Ektrae bear the stares of their fellow Tormites. "It sounds like you have your own rat news. This place sure is crawling with them - real and figurative." "Too true. I just chopped up a magic critter trying to deliver a forged suicide note that was dripping rat poison. They sure like breeding and killing em in this place, makes me wonder if they got the right name for the God above the door." Bill replies and turn to Olin, asking after horses.

Olin clears his throat, but Crotho and Ektrae both begin talking over each other before he can speak. The Steward's eyes dart from Girgadan's axe to Barretti as he sputters "Really, Prioress, must I stand for these nonsensical insinuations from these utter strangers who have imposed upon our hospitality-" Ektrae seems to have recovered her composure and watches Girgadan's face, her tone entirely condescending. "Do tell me, just how does one talk to a rat? A magic rat even, I should like to see such a thing for myself-"

Barretti cuts them off. "SILENCE. Steward. Almoner. I would remind you that our guests are here at Abbot Aerlin's last orders, which still stand as our duty until his successor is found. You will aid our guests in their investigations or be found derelict in your oaths and be stripped of your offices and your votes. Have I made myself clear?" Crotho's face turns beet red, but he subsides and mutters "Yes, Prioress." Ektrae gives Pijjar and Olin a calculating look and her voice turns sweet. "How convenient that would be for you, to remove two who see our duty differently. One might almost think you planned it. You must consider how...divisive it could be for the validity of the vote to be in doubt..." Barretti cuts her off again. "And how convenient for you both, had we lost a novice or two. But if, Almoner, it came to such a point, I would neither nominate myself nor accept nomination from any other. I would not have our leadership be clouded. I trust another would find it in their heart to step forward and guide us in our true duty." The tension between the two women is nearly physical. Crotho cringes back, and Olin and Pijjar, despite their age, wear the expressions of children watching a bitter argument between their parents.

Barretti turns away from Ektrae. "Sir Girgadan, what happened? Is Sister Rachik safe and well guarded?" Olin walks behind Bill, keeping the Orog between himself and the officiants. "There is a stable in the village, but I do not recommend ranging far north of the Abbey."

Outside the gate, a kobold is peeking out from under the piece of hide into the tunnel. One goblin has left their camp and approached the wall, though it hangs back farther than the kobolds. The orcs remain at their camp, apparently disappointed that the gnoll chase is over. Their leader calls out toward the Abbey. "Oi! You selling mead today or not?"


 

 



OODMKannir is at least 300 feet away and out of sight in the trees and scrub that line the path north from the pass.

Rhaegalt and Deamiss were within hearing range of the conversation at the gate.
__________________
Posting rate: Slow.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old Jun 3rd, 2023, 06:02 PM
psuedenim's Avatar
psuedenim psuedenim is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 25th, 2023
RPXP: 4983
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Posts: 1,989
Girgadan - forgot the popcorn
left-aligned image

Ektraes tone and attitude is grating on Girgadan and the desire to simplify things with his axe is really growing on him but he would prefer to get out of this place in one piece "Magic is not my specialty, this is" and he gestures with his axe, hopefully the ease with which he carries the heavy weapon adding suitable emphasis, "I'm sure one of my gifted companions can explain that to you better than I. Perhaps the reading material here is of a poorer state than I thought" and he throws a nasty smile with that comment. Even after all his years soldiering he still finds it aggravating that his profession as well as his appearance are some how seen as directly related to his intelligence.

Making sure to keep Crotho and Ektrae in sight the half-orc answers Barretti's question "Hathrin and Lodd are looking after the sister. Do you suspect either of poor judgement? Do I need to go back and watch them all?"


Actions
Initiative:
Movement:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Notes:



 
__________________
Get to know psuedenim. I'm a He/Him in PDT and am around most days.

An ongoing medical thing came up so posting could be slower for a while. Please PM me or even post for me if the gap is too long.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old Jun 5th, 2023, 09:18 PM
JaDeX105 JaDeX105 is online now
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 25th, 2023
RPXP: 6885
JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105 JaDeX105
Posts: 1,144
Rhaegalt
right-aligned image
"Do tell me, just how does one talk to a rat?" "Why, it seems I'm doing so right now," Rhaegalt spits back at Ektrae, picking up on and matching Girgadan's annoyance. "As our large Wizard friend here explained," he says while putting a hand on Deamiss' shoulder, "with a familiar you see through the other's eyes and hear through the other's ears, while your own senses are dulled." Glancing over his shoulder back north to where the Gnolls ran off to, the Paladin adds, "depending on how angry Grivin is, we may or may not learn who Kannir was communicating with... but he was certainly doing some trance-inducing magic, I am sure of that."

Turning back to the group, Rhaegalt answers Barretti's comment about ranging north with a counteroffer to his traveling companions. "Perhaps we can instead solve two issues; by traveling south to find the remaining Gnoll, we will relieve the villagers of their livestock threat as well as bring them here for questioning. Or where were you wanting to take these horses, Bill?"

 

__________________
+ Come join the fun in Tug of War! +
Current Tug of War game- #119: Septembers are for Oktoberfest
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB