RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Dec 30th, 2020, 09:16 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27121
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
I would not recommend running 2 groups. Generally it is best to choose among the best apps based on what you like as a GM. Running 2 groups can get boring or difficult and it is seldom worth the effort. You know what you can handle but that's my 2 cents.
Status: I find myself with little time or motivation to continue my games. I yearn to find reserves of both to continue but alas I cannot continue. Hopefully I return some day. I wish everyone the best.
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 09:22 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1123
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoByron View Post
I would not recommend running 2 groups. Generally it is best to choose among the best apps based on what you like as a GM. Running 2 groups can get boring or difficult and it is seldom worth the effort. You know what you can handle but that's my 2 cents.
It should be fine. I'm used to handling more than a few dozens threads at the same time.
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 10:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1958
WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjuna332 View Post
Aren't you going to take any of the campaign's traits? Other than that, you're doing good.
Oh, sorry, I had it on my sheet, forgot to add it to the app.
Old Dec 31st, 2020, 02:51 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10499
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Quote:
Hmm... if we have a lot of players, I may split this into two games, though the lack of healer (clerics or druids) is somewhat disconcerting.

We could use more clerics.

In all seriousness, yes there should be more clerics. And any clerics should only use their healing spells on Percy, because he's a nice guy and he doesn't deserve to die. He takes priority.

Last edited by Grouchy; Dec 31st, 2020 at 02:53 PM.
Old Dec 31st, 2020, 04:00 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Victor can heal his Eidolon. That's all he needs.

Status: I find myself with little time or motivation to continue my games. I yearn to find reserves of both to continue but alas I cannot continue. Hopefully I return some day. I wish everyone the best.
Old Dec 31st, 2020, 10:25 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy View Post
In all seriousness, yes there should be more clerics. And any clerics should only use their healing spells on Percy, because he's a nice guy and he doesn't deserve to die. He takes priority.
Well, if your guy doesn't mind infernal healing, sure.
Old Jan 1st, 2021, 03:52 PM
Frisky Thrall

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5540
Norse Norse Norse Norse Norse Norse Norse Norse Norse Norse Norse
Iglesias of House Augenstein
right-aligned image
Name: Iglesias Augenstein
Race: Tiefling Demonspawn (Pitborn)
Class: Antipaladin
Deity: Rovagug
Trait: Chelish Noble
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

History: Tieflings are not rare in Cheliax. It is, however, not so common to let the fiendish and tainted children live and raise them, but Iglesias parents had no choice. See, they had made a pact for power, and this fusing and meddling with the blood heritage in the minor Chelaxian noble house of Augenstein was the result. Both sides had received what they bargained for and Iglesias was the epicenter of that trade.

He was deliberately taken care of but had no privileges as a noble scion, like his brethren. Instead, he was taught martial arts and codes of chivalry, and the importance of law and order. Unfortunately, among these three subjects, it was only the first that had his interest and the only one he really committed to.

Naturally, once the word was out that some flamboyant hedge knights had stolen a relic sword and gotten power greedy on accord of the great House of Thrune, Iglesias had prompted his father for permission to swearing to the Hellfire Compact and Her Infernal Majestrix, Queen Abrogail II, on behalf of House Augenstein.

Contrary to his expectations, his father had accepted immediately and supported the case further by giving him one of the finest horses stabled under House Augenstein. It was the young stallion with blood ties directly to Lord Augensteins own warhorse.

It was only two weeks after Iglesias oath to the Thrice-Damned House of Thrune when fever hit him like a blow from a clear sky. Wrecked and pitiful as he lay in the sweat-soaked linen, he was visited and paralyzed by a blood-red scorpion. The scorpion heralded tendrils of pain and while it was there, Rovagug - the Unmaker - visited him with a demand: SWEAR MY OATH! AND LIVE BY IT!

The visit was brief and the following week, as he recovered, the same mantras kept repeating in his head, until he spoke them over and over again and took them to his heart:

* All things must be destroyed, but the tools of destruction will be destroyed last.
* The beautiful die first. Their loss wreaks havoc in the hearts of those who love.
* All is vanity before the tide of destruction.
* The world is a lie. The only truth is oblivion, born of storm and horror.
* Torture is needless delay. I give the gift of a quick death.
* I will die standing.

Personality: Iglesias is a dark storm running amok. His relative youth, combined with his preferential and one-sided education and his focus on faith has created a recipe for disaster. But that is all part of the plan according to the Enemy of the Gods and thus also to Iglesias Augenstein. Sure, he can be charming and friendly, just as easily as he can be wrathful and inspire his enemies to pee themselves. The problem is that you do not know when you get what... Luckily, Her Infernal Majestrix, Queen Abrogail II has set him on a quest and that is what occupies his mind these days.

Appearance: With wide patches of scales covering most of his torso, his forearms, and thighs; pointy horns moving down from the top of his spine to his long, scaly tail and unnatural warm body heat, Iglesias simply cannot run from his fiendish heritage that, unbeknown to Iglesias, can be traced directly back to the Tarrasque that emerged from the Pit of Gormuz, several centuries before the Absalom Reckoning, to wreak havoc in the name of Rovagug, on Golarion.

Iglesias opts often for heavy armor, gauntlets, and elaborate helmets for one of two reasons. One is that the surprise when he reveals his demonic visage often has prizeless reactions and another is to shy away from all the prying eyes and questions and get on with the things that the young scion has scheduled for himself. He carries the sigil and crest of his house on every occasion: A red circle with a golden eye on a yellow and black field. Recently, Iglesias added fangs on the inside of the circle and spidery legs to the outside of the circle to resemble his faith more clearly.
Old Jan 1st, 2021, 08:08 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
@Norse, looking pretty good. Look forward to see what you've got in store for hin.
Old Jan 1st, 2021, 09:16 PM
Amateur Vivisectionist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 144
dr kekyll dr kekyll
it says "Choose 1 Campaign Trait..." is that meant to imply that we'll only be getting the one trait or that you only care which campaign trait we're taking for now. also, how do you feel about drawbacks?

Last edited by dr kekyll; Jan 1st, 2021 at 09:16 PM.
Old Jan 1st, 2021, 09:36 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
We're only taking one trait for this game, which is one of the campaign traits that are provided. As for drawbacks, I'm not using them for this game.
Old Jan 2nd, 2021, 07:07 AM
Frisky Thrall

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
@Norse, looking pretty good. Look forward to see what you've got in store for hin.
Thank you. I also look forward to what you, and that famous, famous adventure path has in store for him.
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 11:30 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Hmm... I guess we have enough applications for now, though if there are people interested in joining, feel free to apply here. And we're probably starting the game sooner than planned.
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 11:35 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
If you start sooner feel free to pass me over. I was counting on a later deadline. Have fun everyone!
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 03:31 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoByron View Post
If you start sooner feel free to pass me over. I was counting on a later deadline. Have fun everyone!
Sad to see you go, though when I said starting sooner, I meant a bit earlier than expected (probably around 10 to 15). Hope to see you again in future games.
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 10:50 AM
Frisky Thrall

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Hmm... I guess we have enough applications for now, though if there are people interested in joining, feel free to apply here. And we're probably starting the game sooner than planned.
Sounds good. Never been good in suspense situations. Do you still plan to do two games or just one?