RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jan 4th, 2021, 10:52 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1123
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norse View Post
Sounds good. Never been good in suspense situations. Do you still plan to do two games or just one?
Not sure yet. I need to look take a look at all the characters to see whether I make two games or just choose some of you guys for one game. This will be hard since the characters are so interesting.

We still could use a cleric, though.
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 04:19 PM
The Cynic's Barrel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5724
Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach
I will also be withdrawing. I was under the impression we had more time. Good luck, everyone! Enjoy the game!
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 06:34 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icereach View Post
I will also be withdrawing. I was under the impression we had more time. Good luck, everyone! Enjoy the game!
Sad, but can't be helped. Hope to see you in some other games, then.
Old Jan 5th, 2021, 02:44 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
I have decided to just go for one game, and I'll be choosing only six players out of the available ones, which will be hard to choose. I'll give it some thoughts first on who to choose, so please look forward to it.

We still could use a cleric, though.
Old Jan 5th, 2021, 04:19 AM
Playin' Dungas and Dragos
Good People  

Event Judge  

Outplay 2020

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24691
pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90
How badly do we need to ensure group healing? Yanada can go down the potion route, getting healing pots for 25 gold, and starting generously with max gold, that can be quite a few healing pots for personal use.

Good luck with the player choices!

On break for now.
Have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by pianoman90; Jan 5th, 2021 at 04:19 AM.
Old Jan 5th, 2021, 04:38 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianoman90 View Post
How badly do we need to ensure group healing? Yanada can go down the potion route, getting healing pots for 25 gold, and starting generously with max gold, that can be quite a few healing pots for personal use.

Good luck with the player choices!
From what I've read in The Hellfire's Compact, it feels like there are quite a lot of encounters, so having a healer would be pretty convenient.

Though not that I'm forcing anyone to take up the healer role. I'm sure that this can be interesting too.
Old Jan 5th, 2021, 07:18 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1958
WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi
Sounds like we're gonna be in trouble
Old Jan 6th, 2021, 12:08 PM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 48153
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
I don't mind redoing Dreven as a cleric. I am a Pathfinder newbish but I'm cool with it.
Old Jan 6th, 2021, 12:18 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Nah, you don't have to. It should be fine even without a cleric.
Old Jan 6th, 2021, 12:19 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
noblestride
Hi Arjuna332,

I am new to RPGCrossing (but not Pathfinder or PbP in general). I have an idea for a Fiendish Vessel archetype Cleric that I am working on. Will have a full post up with details asap.
Old Jan 6th, 2021, 12:21 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Alright, I'm looking forward to see it, then.
Old Jan 6th, 2021, 02:55 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
noblestride
Sarvin Lukasz
right-aligned image

Name: Sarvin Lukasz aka Half-horn
Race: Hellspawn Tielfing
Class: Cleric (Fiendish Vessel Archetype)
Trait: Asmodean Acolyte
Alignment: Lawful Evil

History: Tieflings are marginalized in Chelish society. However, this was not the case for Sarvin. Born in Longacre to a faithful servant in the the small Asmodean shrine within the town's borders, Sarvin’s mother was not a notable individual. Not from a noble house nor the mercantile class, nor even the daughter of some retired soldier, the only two qualities that earned her any special recognition was the slight fiendish blood in her otherwise unremarkable body, and her devotion to the church. So when she was asked to be the foci of a celebration ceremony, she gladly took part. Eight months later, Sarvin was born and the little tiefling’s mother was dead. If the boy had shown the characteristics of a normal human babe, then that would have likely ended in his own death. Fortunately for the boy, the reddish tint of his skin and the slight nubs visible just under his hairline earned him a continuing place among the living. Taken in by the church, a priestess was the only mother he knew, his father, the teaching of the Dark Prince.

As the tiefling grew, it was clear that the Dark Prince had big plans for Sarvin. Continuing his studies and manifesting his first orison, he quickly became an acolyte in the church. Growing within a hierarchy that favors skill and ambition over background, the tiefling rose quickly for his age. While this made some in the church proud, including Ilsera, the priestess who adopted him, the competitive nature the few other Asmodean acolytes in the town also meant the young tiefling had several enemies he needed to watch out for. One such acolyte, Trevor Elliendo of Egorian, riled that a lowborn tiefling like Sarvin was among the acolytes, hatched a failed scheme that resulted in Sarvin's damaged horn and Trevor's own damaged ear. Sarvin currently plots payback. Finding the humor in that fact that one was now a half-horned, and the other half-eared, the lone upper Asmodean priest of the town does not interfere in the brewing rivalry, content to see how it will play out in the end. For the elder priest had enough to deal with in keeping the powderkeg of a town from erupting into chaos.

Personality: His time with the church has instilled in Sarvin a cool and calm demeanor. However, this is an exterior that hides ambition and frustration that is as intense as the hellish power that grants him his divine abilities. A firm believer in the Dark Prince’s tenets, he sees the steps he takes to improve his position within the church and undermine the ambitions of his competitors as actions that reveal Asmodeus’ wishes. Perceptive and possessing a sharp wit, Sarvin has a way with words which he uses to mask his true intent. Indeed, the tiefling can seem friendly and pleasant, when he wanted to. Though evil and respecting power, he despises those who openly flaunt the law. In his mind, though violent crimes are sometimes necessary, those who consider such crimes to be the sole means of demonstrating ones superiority are deluding themselves and showing their own inadequacies. Arrogant and possessing a strong sense of self, his time with the church has taught him how to moderate his arrogance with wisdom and how to manipulate those around him to help ensure his survival.

Appearance: Possessing the red-tinted skin and horns common to many hell-spawned tieflings, the unique characteristics that distinguish Sarvin from others of his kind are his golden eyes and his mismatched horns. Of the two horns that protrude from his hairline, one is much shorter, and jagged, the result of an altercation with a jealous fellow acolyte. Sarvin walked away with a damaged horn, his competitor, a missing ear. When armored, Sarvin is decked out in polished scalemail with a sleeveless gambeson of black and the Asmodean pentagram etched in red on its chest. During holy services or when he is studying, he wears simple robes of black and red. Always around Sarvin’s neck hangs a chain with another pentagram, this one in silver. Like many Chelaxians, he wears several gemstones, one a ruby ring on his index finder, another, an opal studded in an ear. In the cleric's fist is gripped a heavy mace that looks to have seen little use. Moving with a life of its own, a thin red tail peeks out from behind the slim-built cleric. A mop of black hair sits above where Sarvin's horns protrude.

Last edited by noblestride; Jan 7th, 2021 at 07:31 PM.
Old Jan 6th, 2021, 10:14 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Alright, thank you for the application.

So, I'll be deciding on who to choose for the game. It'll take me a while.
Old Jan 7th, 2021, 04:34 AM
Playin' Dungas and Dragos
Good People  

Event Judge  

Outplay 2020

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24691
pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90
Good luck all!

On break for now.
Have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old Jan 7th, 2021, 06:28 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10499
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Good luck everyone, I don't envy Arjuna332 at all. Lots of great applications.