RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Feb 3rd, 2023, 04:09 PM
Official RPGX dinosaur!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7525
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
I just decided to finally get my act together and write out a personality section for Akamo'ahi and had some trouble. After some problems getting a write-up out, I decided to cheat a bit and go on an excursion through my competition. Eventually I saw that the behaviour, personality, psychology,... section isn't required. So, I guess that means that Akamo'ahi is complete!

I might get back to it though, I like to have some stage notes for how to play my characters. For now though, I normally qualify and do hope I get in (much like everyone).

I'm operating normally!
Old Feb 3rd, 2023, 04:36 PM
The Good Doktor
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30056
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
I like to think some of Kalee’s personality shines through in my app anyway without such a section, but I get it.
Old Feb 3rd, 2023, 05:03 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 472
jr1v3 jr1v3 jr1v3 jr1v3 jr1v3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GleefulNihilism View Post
I like to think some of Kalee’s personality shines through in my app anyway without such a section, but I get it.
I like the rebellious nun to be honest and I wonder what will happen if she encounter a gnome that says his goddess voice talks directly to him and orders to do things, but the oddest thing you might thing like... his goddess ordered to lift the dress of the first half-elf nun he sees, also she ordered to tell her she has a plain underwear... and if she turn to hit him, tell her "you know what will happen if you hurt an innocent child?" and then he simulated being suffocating by hangging. The odd thing is he knew exactly where and when she would cross the town square even though it was his first time in the town...

I wonder if that would happen...

He's not an stalker, no sir! He just has an Otherworldly mission to fulfill! A nun should know that they have to hear their god/goddess.

I would like my character have that kind of stuff happening. But leaving the joking aside, I am just eager to hear what his goddess have to order him when he consult every time... The background says that sometimes anything that makes him do can be beneficial or dangerous... and he just enjoy the thrill of the uncertainly can bring and so realize the purpose of those actions...

Last edited by jr1v3; Feb 3rd, 2023 at 05:10 PM.
Old Feb 3rd, 2023, 05:49 PM
Official RPGX dinosaur!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7525
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
What god is that? Does Pathfinder have a god of perverts? Asking for a character of mine who might be due a religious conversion if that's the case.

That kinda sounds like Akamo'ahi's willing host, he can call in guidance from spirits he's hosting in his body, and has to do stuff for them as well. I mean AoN gives eating things as an example, and lizardfolk eat other sentient races... I think this might go badly.

The preparatory pitches do help form a decent image of Akamo'ahi's behaviour though, thanks for that!

I'm operating normally!
Old Feb 3rd, 2023, 05:52 PM
The Good Doktor
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
“You know I’m only a Nun because Piracy is illegal, right? Or do you want to be shown a fun little game calling Walking the Plank?”

Lol.
Old Feb 3rd, 2023, 06:26 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirviantis View Post
What god is that? Does Pathfinder have a god of perverts? Asking for a character of mine who might be due a religious conversion if that's the case.

That kinda sounds like Akamo'ahi's willing host, he can call in guidance from spirits he's hosting in his body, and has to do stuff for them as well. I mean AoN gives eating things as an example, and lizardfolk eat other sentient races... I think this might go badly.

The preparatory pitches do help form a decent image of Akamo'ahi's behaviour though, thanks for that!
He thinks is Desna but in reality is one of the elders of the first world, Shyka the Many. Who knows why they command that?, maybe it was the way that the nun would pay attention to the Gnome? maybe she wants to produce an altercation that change the timeline in these particular multiverse because a butterfly effect? maybe the peculiar interaction with the gnome in that way set the nun to help Lando in his path to his mission after hearing the true reason about him being on Brassfield...

But I am glad I helped you with your character concept. Lando with do anything that don't contradict his alignment though so it is not that hard lift a girl dress... Anyway, I hope we can get in the game, really. There are really good Applications, at least any of the people that stay would get a nice timeplaying and learning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GleefulNihilism View Post
“You know I’m only a Nun because Piracy is illegal, right? Or do you want to be shown a fun little game calling Walking the Plank?”

Lol.
In the first, he would say "Pillaging people is a bad thing, so of course is illegal but what have to do being a nun with piracy anyway?" and in the other he would say pretty excited "YES! I would love to learn it if it's that fun but... what is a plank?" tilting his head to his right with a innocent but expectant stare.

Last edited by jr1v3; Feb 3rd, 2023 at 06:33 PM.
Old Feb 5th, 2023, 02:32 AM
The Good Doktor
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
Updated my app a bit. Enjoy.
Old Feb 5th, 2023, 04:56 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4723
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
There are so many characters I wanna take. I may have to make 2 groups. Only problem with that is I may get confused as to which group did what. But so many good applications. ><
Old Feb 5th, 2023, 06:26 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
There are so many characters I wanna take. I may have to make 2 groups. Only problem with that is I may get confused as to which group did what. But so many good applications. ><
If you want to do that, I want you to take in account some things:
  1. Make sure you have the time, determination and confidence to handle it. If you can't, well at least it is better to have one that you can give a great time than feel overwhelmed and drop one group later although is will be understandable.
  2. Take in account you are learning the system, so it will take a twice of time and effort if you handle two groups but that means that might learn two time faster the rules because you will handle different outcomes.
  3. Ask veteran DM members how to do to lead two different groups with the same story without getting confused. I would suggest to PM @Admin_Choco for that because he have years doing that!
Old Feb 5th, 2023, 08:38 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4723
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
I'm also working on a homebrew dedication, the Meldshaper Dedication. I should probably change the terminology since it's for Pathfinder instead of D&D. But anyone familiar with Magic of Incarnum from D&D3.5 will be familiar with how it works. (I do have a LOT of work to do on it given how many soulmelds I have to make (I'm making mostly new ones), and I have to explain how it works for people not familiar, too). I don't know when/if it'll (ever) be ready, but it's in the works.

As to your points:
1. I was able to run multiple threads for a solo game set in the same city, so that's not a worry.
2. I learn very quickly through use, and have time to look things up.
3. See 1. It's the fact that I plan the same story for both groups that's hard. I could always make a summary thread for both groups.

I may still only take one group. I haven't decided.

Last edited by Ermine; Feb 5th, 2023 at 08:39 AM.
Old Feb 5th, 2023, 09:50 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 146
Darktal0n75 Darktal0n75
Multi-group Games

As someone who runs Roll20 5e /PF1 games semi-professionally - it is absolutely possible to run the same game for multiple groups. Even easier if it is PbP because the history of what happened is right in front of you - you don't have to go through notes of last session to remember who was doing what, etc.

I don't think Ermine will have an issue at all. I was running 5 groups at the same time in VTT and had no issue keeping them separate.

If you wanna run multiple PbP, it should be easy mode. VTT - get note pads

It looks like there are tons of good players here looking to game. If I wasn't a forever DM, I'd open a game here too. But between tabletop and my roll20 sessions - I'd like to be a player for a time
Old Feb 5th, 2023, 09:52 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 596
Remorazz Remorazz Remorazz Remorazz Remorazz Remorazz
2 groups, at the end of the initial mission the two groups fight to the death for treasure, the last 6 standing will be interrupted by the boss that will "unite" the survivors of the two groups, thus forming the actual group moving forward in the campaign
Old Feb 5th, 2023, 01:55 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
I'm also working on a homebrew dedication, the Meldshaper Dedication. I should probably change the terminology since it's for Pathfinder instead of D&D. But anyone familiar with Magic of Incarnum from D&D3.5 will be familiar with how it works. (I do have a LOT of work to do on it given how many soulmelds I have to make (I'm making mostly new ones), and I have to explain how it works for people not familiar, too). I don't know when/if it'll (ever) be ready, but it's in the works.

As to your points:
1. I was able to run multiple threads for a solo game set in the same city, so that's not a worry.
2. I learn very quickly through use, and have time to look things up.
3. See 1. It's the fact that I plan the same story for both groups that's hard. I could always make a summary thread for both groups.

I may still only take one group. I haven't decided.
Then it is an easy cake for you. I think that it will be pretty easy because is the same story running two time with subtle out-comings. I hope you decide to run both. Only if you have the time , also it will be interesting to see how different out-comings might result for the same history, two different way for solving the same challenges and Two groups means twice the fun!

By the way, I was thinking about the feats my PC would have if I get in the game, and Depending in the companions he might have, Lando would focus in the face/utility/skill monkey role because his high charisma And some choices I will get. So I think as an ancestry feat I would like to take burrow elocutionist and animal elocutionist to gather information and I think it will be funny to see him getting information from an animals. In 2nd level, for the class skill, dual study feat to get diplomacy and as a skill feat diplomacy skill or perhaps Natural medicine. As a general feat at 3rd level, I might get Untrained improvisation. The combat/explorer/infiltration role would be of his eilodon taking expanded sense and from Dual studies, stealth. With fey his Eidolon abilities, from fey gifts spells he would get detect magic cantrip with another I did not decided yet and from Fey Mischief, he would get invisibility spell.

so in conjunction with his eidolon, Lando would offer scouting/spying/face/skill monkey roles, not as his best of course except diplomacy and deception and decent to aceptable combat abilities.

Last edited by jr1v3; Feb 5th, 2023 at 06:31 PM.
Old Feb 5th, 2023, 05:34 PM
Truthwatcher

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2166
Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387
Still very much a work in progress, but I'm excited about the character I've got shaping up. I've wanted to jump in to second edition for a while now.

Novasplinter (WIP)
left-aligned image

Name: Novasplinter
Class: Wizard
Ancestry and Heritage: Sprite (Luminous Sprite)
Background: Magical Misfit

Description and Backstory:
For many sprites, magic comes naturally, an outgrowth of their fae heritage. Not so for Novasplinter. In a society of beings of pure magic, she struggled to channel so much as a spark. At first she felt like there was something wrong with her, until she learned another way. Rather than tap the natural flow of magic that seemed blocked to her, she could devote herself to an intellectual study of the arcane arts as a wizard. She sought out what books and scrolls she could find, and devoured them all. Through intellectual rigor she began to touch the magical forces that so many of her kind took for granted.

Her passion clear, Nova’s parents enrolled her in the prestigious Bellmoor Academy of Arcane Arts. It was extraordinarily expensive, but they had some savings put away, and it was important to them to give her the opportunity. Unfortunately, she had a difficult time in school. For one, there were the obvious difficulties inherent in living among creatures nearly ten times her size. She’d known, of course, that sprites were smaller than most intelligent peoples, but growing up in a fairly insular society she didn’t truly appreciate the challenges she’d face. Simple tasks such as retrieving and opening a book could be exhausting, to say nothing of dodging giant feet. That was only the most obvious struggle she faced, though.

~~~Work in progress---more development pending.~~~

Last edited by Fyre2387; Feb 7th, 2023 at 05:45 PM.
Old Feb 5th, 2023, 06:07 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 632
ClarkieP ClarkieP ClarkieP ClarkieP ClarkieP ClarkieP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr1v3 View Post
NICE! I was thinking to get Society and diplomacy and as the gnome ancestry feat I could get the Gnome obsession because I putted in the background he was obssesed with jewelry but I was wondering what lore can be called and if he want to earn an income with it, what kind of profession he would get. I think we could use art lore to make similar jobs because jewelry is functional art if you think about it and it can be related to magic items also...

Perhaps if it is too much work for you, I can change to any other stuff. I don't know if we have the chance to earn an income anyway! :P

By the way, I was reading about the familiar and hypothetically, from what I read in the familiar abilities descriptions, it offer an ability to make the familiar able to use the manipulate option, it is called "manual dexterity" (if the manipulate action let's you treat wounds, administer first aid, pick a lock or even craft then you could use an item easily). So perhaps, I think a familiar with limbs (like hands and that is the catch of the limitation to make it balanced) like a monkey, could use items. Of course you have to take in a account that you would need to use an action so the familiar can act (it gets two actions) and you will always have one of the two abilities of the familiar occupied.

You could solve the familiar ability problem with the familiar master archetype but you would be deprived of getting some alchemist feat to improve your familiar instead.
Not sure if a monkey familiar and a vanaran in the same group means an inevitability that me and the familiar will become best friends or mortal enemies, but I'm here for any of it