Notices

Old Apr 6th, 2006, 03:42 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
quadanar
Yeah for Firey death! I love big explosions! :biggrin:

And the "wish for the guy corrupting my wishes to die," - either your patron deity dies and you loose all your powers (since the DM - the one corrupting the wish - plays the gods and goddesses) or if you consider arcane magic godless (depending on your campaign) magic ceases to exist and you loosing all your powers as the world collapses from the power imbalance.

Lastly, I don't know what the first "wishing for more wishes" was, but those are always corruptible . Anyway ...

Second Wish: You turn into a genie. You gain the ability to "grant your own wishes", but only to your masters and are forever a slave of powerful adventurers the world over. ("grant" being the key word here, as in "make available", "give away")

Third Wish: The preview button appears next to the Wish Granting God, now she forever has a preview of how her corrupted wishes turn out and gets to laugh twice as hard. (You didn't specify where the buttons would be placed ...)

Now, I'm not sure on this, but it's always been my practice that wishes must be only one sentence; if a player splits a wish into multiple sentences I usually count them as seperate wishes - makes them harder to make incorruptable. Not that many wishes come around, but I've played this particular game before and even had a DM that created the Tome of Incorruptable Wishes: random book you read that lets you choose all the variables in a wish and essentially play DM for a minute or two.

My next volatilely corruptable wish:

I wish for a magical belt of good alignment! (made by a good aligned character)
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 07:34 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Necromas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdkatz
OK then...nothing happens hence time stops happening and you stop breathing, your blood stops flowing in your veins but you can’t die as that would be something happening.
But the stopping of time would have been a direct result of the wish, and thus cannot happen.

In fact, I don't even lose my use of the wish because that would also have been a direct result of making the wish.
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 07:37 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Necromas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flragnararch
The wishing for more wishes is not corruptible. Sure you can corrupt the wishes wished by your first wish, but that first wish is non-corrupt.

Second wish: I wish that I will have the ability to grant my own wishes.

This wish's second hand effect is to put the power of corruption into the hands of the wisher, and not the wishee.

Third Wish; I wish that any wish that I wish has a preview button. After the preview has been played a confirmation button will appear asking if the wish will be performed with the choices of yes or no being presented. If no is selected, the wish is null and void. If yes a final confirmation button will appear asking if the wish will be performed, with the choices of yes or no being presented again.

This effectivley prevents accidental wishes, such as I wish my shift was over for work, or, I wish so-and so were dead.
Except your theory is flawed at the second wish.

I would have you turned into a genie, and then imprison you in your lamp so you are unable to ever make your third wish. Of course, I would go to great lengths to make sure your lamp is never found by a foolhardy adventurer seeking wishes.
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 05:56 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12
maxxrox
Sorry guys, my computer's been sick so I haven't been able to post. So to dredge up an old one...
Quote:
Originally Posted by summondice
Oh, and I wish for a cheesburger created on the material plane to appear on the material plane on the plate to my left, fit for eating, and with the ability to disolve should any piece of it be caught in my throat. Oh, and that the Hamburgler is nowhere nearby
The cheeseburger appears 9999999 trillion light-years to your left, locked up in a magical box enchanted so that there is no way you can get it.
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 08:04 PM
na

Tools
User Statistics
Flragnararch
But genie's cannot grant themselves wishes o.O

so, first wish is the wishing for, we'll say 15 extra wishes

2nd wish, all wishes will have a preview

3rd wish, all wishes will have a confirmation yes/no button.

4th wish, all wishes, if yes has been pressed from wish three, will have a second yes no button confirmation

5th wish I wish that after preview, a counter will display how many wishes I have left

6th wish, I wish i could grant my own wishes with out the need for the original genie.

Now if you're going to say that genies can grant their own wishes, this wish becomes wish 7 and wish 6 is I wish genies cannot grant their own wishes.

Now, assuming that a genie somehow makes up a rule that you can't wish for more wishes.

1st wish, I wish that rules can no longer be created for wishes

2 wish, I wish that the rule " no wishing for more wishes" to be null and void at this moment

3 wish for more wishes

Last edited by Flragnararch; Apr 6th, 2006 at 08:07 PM.
Old Apr 6th, 2006, 08:17 PM
*woof*

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8123
jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven
Bah, thats an easy one. You are turned into a genie and you cannot grant yourself wishes.

-me
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 03:11 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
quadanar
Quote:
But genie's cannot grant themselves wishes o.O

so, first wish is the wishing for, we'll say 15 extra wishes

2nd wish, all wishes will have a preview

3rd wish, all wishes will have a confirmation yes/no button.

4th wish, all wishes, if yes has been pressed from wish three, will have a second yes no button confirmation

5th wish I wish that after preview, a counter will display how many wishes I have left

6th wish, I wish i could grant my own wishes with out the need for the original genie.

Now if you're going to say that genies can grant their own wishes, this wish becomes wish 7 and wish 6 is I wish genies cannot grant their own wishes.

Now, assuming that a genie somehow makes up a rule that you can't wish for more wishes.

1st wish, I wish that rules can no longer be created for wishes

2 wish, I wish that the rule " no wishing for more wishes" to be null and void at this moment

3 wish for more wishes
You did no say grant "yourself" wishes, you said grant your "own" wishes. Like a dad has his "own" cash to grant as allowance to his kids, a genie has his "own" wish power to grant wishes to the lamp holder. This is what corrupting wishes is all about, finding a different meaning in the wording of the wish so it doesn't work out! Your assuming that the wish is going to work out how you want it to, which isn't going to happen.

As for the rest of them:

1) Since you did not specify "we". 15 wishes are granted to 15 random people on 15 different random planes - you never hear about any of the wishes again.

2) Since you did not say who gets to see the preview, a new theatre opens up on the other side of the universe showing nothing but comedies of your corrupted wishes an instant before they happen. (the place is a big hit with british aliens)

3) Because you did not say where the button will be, every button made for a wish is located next to a demon in the deepest level of the abyss - nigh unreachable.

4) Nearly the same things as the third wish happens ...

5) The theatre across the universe now has a counter for how many shows are left.

6) Again, you turn into a genie. You can "grant" your "own" wishes, but not to yourself, only to others who only exploit your power. (I think two or three other people already gave this same outcome ... including myself)

7) You stay an enslaved genie and loose your power to grant wishes - now your just an enslaved blue ghost with no magical powers.

And my wish (made by an adventurer of good alignment) still stands: "I wish for a magical belt of good alignment."
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Demagogue
"I wish for a magical belt of good alignment."
DM: A belt appears, obviously intelligent and obviously benign, but also obviously convinced that you are evil, and it wraps itself around your neck and strangles you. You die.
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Necromas
I wish for a grain of rice.
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Psychedelic

Tools
User Statistics
KipsRewindGirl
I wish that everyone would stop trying to 'outdo' each other for prom this weekend and just have fun. Mindless clashing over dresses and boyfriends is sooo freshman year. Don't be superficial, just have fun!
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Demagogue
Everybody has fun burning you at the stake.
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 07:52 PM
na

Tools
User Statistics
Flragnararch
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadanar
You did no say grant "yourself" wishes, you said grant your "own" wishes. Like a dad has his "own" cash to grant as allowance to his kids, a genie has his "own" wish power to grant wishes to the lamp holder. This is what corrupting wishes is all about, finding a different meaning in the wording of the wish so it doesn't work out! Your assuming that the wish is going to work out how you want it to, which isn't going to happen.

As for the rest of them:

1) Since you did not specify "we". 15 wishes are granted to 15 random people on 15 different random planes - you never hear about any of the wishes again.

2) Since you did not say who gets to see the preview, a new theatre opens up on the other side of the universe showing nothing but comedies of your corrupted wishes an instant before they happen. (the place is a big hit with british aliens)

3) Because you did not say where the button will be, every button made for a wish is located next to a demon in the deepest level of the abyss - nigh unreachable.

4) Nearly the same things as the third wish happens ...

5) The theatre across the universe now has a counter for how many shows are left.

6) Again, you turn into a genie. You can "grant" your "own" wishes, but not to yourself, only to others who only exploit your power. (I think two or three other people already gave this same outcome ... including myself)

7) You stay an enslaved genie and loose your power to grant wishes - now your just an enslaved blue ghost with no magical powers.

And my wish (made by an adventurer of good alignment) still stands: "I wish for a magical belt of good alignment."
now you're just being retarded over the whole thing,
Old Apr 7th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
JJeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by KipsRewindGirl
I wish that everyone would stop trying to 'outdo' each other for prom this weekend and just have fun. Mindless clashing over dresses and boyfriends is sooo freshman year. Don't be superficial, just have fun!
Genie: Granted! Now every girl would be wearing the same dress to the prom and none of them would be bringing a date. The Guys would all come in their tux-es and just hang around the punch bowl looking silly talking about football.

The Prom ends up not much fun since it just became rather tame...
Old Apr 8th, 2006, 01:30 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
quadanar
Quote:
now you're just being retarded over the whole thing,
Well that's the whole point of corrupting wishes! :biggrin:

As a DM, I think its retarded somone would try to wish for an extra 15 wishes, or know the exact outcome of their wish before they made it. And you have to realize a majority of the corruptions in this thread would more than qualify for retarded (like, "your name changes to ..." or "... you die"). So, yes I am being retarded about it, but you'll just have to explain your wishes better so I can't be (and try to do it in one sentence ... now that's fun!)

ANyway, I like the confused belt, innovative idea.

Next highly corruptible wish:
I wish for a living, non-magical, pet mouse.
Old Apr 8th, 2006, 01:40 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Demagogue
A mouse appears in your ear and proceeds to squeak in mortal terror and claw its way up your ear. You die of shock.