Other Dark*Matter: The Hoffmann Institute - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Dec 30th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34130
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Very nice apps so far!! Thank you.
I've put a table at the end of the first post with a list of application, links, and status for our players, and for those who are throwing their hat in.
Thanks again for your interest in these positions... Savoy
Old Dec 30th, 2014, 05:59 PM
Jackie Paper's big fan.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4424
Neil Neil Neil Neil Neil Neil Neil Neil Neil Neil Neil
ApplicationOfficer Chen Garret

High Concept: Over qualified cop.
Trouble: If there's a shortcut, take it.

Skills:
- Investigate
- Burglary
- Will
- Provoke

Background:

Widower, male, mid 30s, resignedly single. Too busy putting perps away to find time for long term reletionship/second wife - code for, afraid of getting hurt and repressed grief.

Always gets his perp, always - code for, if he cannot find the evidence he will create the evidence. And of course this 'habit' eventually caught up with him, which is why he is no longer a detective and not anywhere near New York where he grew-up and used to serve.

Outlook:

A small town, well small compared to the Big Apple, and a new start. A new community to protect. I can start over, yup.

Last edited by Neil; Dec 30th, 2014 at 06:00 PM.
Old Dec 30th, 2014, 10:31 PM
Great Wyrm
Event Judge

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15355
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
Damn those are some good apps. Sav is going to have his work cut out on this one. I can see major crossover potential with almost everyone.
Old Dec 30th, 2014, 11:06 PM
Robo-Dragon of Yore

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1355
Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio Shaman Of Ohio
Okay, so my morning did not go exactly as planned, but I was able to finish everything up now.
Old Dec 30th, 2014, 11:34 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman Of Ohio View Post
Okay, so my morning did not go exactly as planned, but I was able to finish everything up now.
No worries! I'm leaving this open until well into next week. You've got some time.

@Og: Darn tootin it is! Loving what I'm seeing, so its going to be tough!
Old Dec 31st, 2014, 05:45 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
I'm going to leave this open through this weekend, and then we'll take it from there.
Thanks to all that have posted or PM their interests!

- Savy
Old Dec 31st, 2014, 06:11 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10543
Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart
Awesome. Ill have my app finished tomorrow.
Old Jan 1st, 2015, 12:16 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
Cool beans, and happy new year's day everyone!
- Savy
Old Jan 2nd, 2015, 03:46 AM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10543
Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart
Happy New year! Been busier than expected. Have my app done by Monday.
Old Jan 2nd, 2015, 10:15 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by sageheart View Post
Happy New year! Been busier than expected. Have my app done by Monday.
No worries... we're letting this run until after the weekend.

Happy New Year to you too!!
Old Jan 3rd, 2015, 03:14 AM
Warrior of Derpness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14751
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti
Poking my head in to say that I've got my eyes on this (and so probably will have a proper character presented by Sunday).

I'm largely unfamiliar with FATE, but I had a ball when I played a bit at Gencon, so I find myself interested in getting more involved with the system. I've got something a bit... unusual in mind, so I'll probably pop in to ask the current players what they think, as well.

That is how I feel.
Old Jan 3rd, 2015, 12:04 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
Awesome sause... looking forward to seeing what you have cooked up.
- Savy
Old Jan 3rd, 2015, 03:47 PM
Warrior of Derpness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14751
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti
ApplicationValentine “Hex” Constantini
High Concept: Half-Gremlin Wheelman
Trouble: Racing in the Blood, Mischief in the Mind

Racing is in Valentine's blood. As the only son of the acclaimed Italian F1 racer Marco Constantini, Valentine's childhood was filled with fast cars and faster cars, but it always lacked a mother: his, to be more precise. Marco loved his son dearly, but he never said much about Valentine's mother. Although he retired from the circuits to care for his son as a single father, he never let his skills wane, and he endeavored to teach Valentine every skill and trick at his disposal while he was at it. Marco wasn't the least bit surprised when his son took to it like he was born for it. Valentine was driven and competitive, and although he was a skilled driver, disaster always seemed to follow him whenever he raced. The worst wrecks always seemed to happen around him (but never involving him), parts of the track would seem to break at the most inopportune times (for the other racers, of course), and Valentine began to realize that, if he wished hard enough, if he thought about it happening, he could make those things happen. Maybe the tires of the racer in front of him would loose their traction, or the engine of the car riding his pipes would overheat, or even traffic lights would change abruptly, just to suit his wish. Valentine earned his nick-name from the other racers: “Hex”. They would never accuse Hex of cheating, but there was no question that terrible things tended to happen in his presence.

Hex's life took a turn for the stranger when he turned 18. His father, a little deeper into the wine than usual, began to talk about Hex's mother. Marco spoke about her beauty, yes, but that she was something dark and alluring, something, if he had to say it out-loud, not human. No human has those eyes, or skin the color of a fine pinot noir, or can make a beat-up Volvo out-run an F1 car on his home track. The dalliance was short-lived, and he never saw her again, but he did see that same Volvo the day Hex was delivered to his door. That was the most Hex had ever heard about his mother, and the other-worldly qualities his father spoke of only served to lend credence to his given nickname.

This news changed Hex's life. He delved into what he would call “the occult”, but with no experience in that capacity at all, he turned to anything that looked even remotely close to holding answers: Urban Fantasy literature. Hex has read everything from bestsellers like the Harry Potter books to the pulp romance stories that have... overly descriptive titles. Hex doesn't fully understand what he is, and he craves it, seeking answers in any possible place, regardless of the authenticity of the source. However, Marco can be a stern parent, and he pushed Valentine to make something more of himself. Hex's skills with cars was more than just behind the wheel. He had an aptitude for the mechanics of his cars honed further by his instincts as a driver. It was a narrow margin, but he managed to gain admission to the Engineering program of MIT in the United States. He left his father behind (who now planned to return to the circuit with his son grown) and did well in his new environs.

Then money became tight, and Hex, like so many others, turned to poor life choices to make ends meet. Unable to qualify for a scholarship, Hex turned to criminal causes to make money. He had a “friend” who could help him, all he had to do was boost a few cars. Between his mechanical expertise and his unnatural “knack”, the task was simple. As was the pay, however, and slowly, Hex was drawn into greater and greater levels of criminality, culminating in his job as getaway driver. He was quite successful at the job, truth be told, and endeavored to keep it separate from his personal life as much as he could. But he had bills to pay, and between his studies and his jobs, he had little time to pursue his own, personal agenda. Hex's skills served him well. He managed to graduate MIT as a mechanical engineer before his side-jobs got him killed or arrested. But what could he do now?

Conflicting thoughts filled his head. Could he really live as an engineer? He knew himself to be a creature of speed: if he wasn't behind the wheel, then life was boring. His side work had shown him that much. He could always try to join the circuit again, like his father, or even take up a a life as a professional criminal. Neither of those appealed to him. They were fun, but they also wouldn't help him learn exactly what he was, or how he fit into the rest of the world. He had grabbed a handful of employer pamphlets from the Engineering Department. They all reeked of the same drollish monotony. Except... one. The Hoffman Institute.

That is how I feel.
Old Jan 4th, 2015, 11:36 AM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
Nice! I posted some feedback here.. good job.
Old Jan 5th, 2015, 09:06 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
Thank you all for the PMs and apps.... we are closed to need apps at the moment.
We'll have results in by the end of this week.

Thanks again, Savy