twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jan 14th, 2006, 12:14 AM
they/them

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8505
Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw
In the mean-time, what you can do is type in "Author Of:" in the space of your profile listed as "Character Name 1", with no link--and then in the remaining spaces, you can put the titles and urls of the things you want linked.

It's not a very good solution for the long-term, but it would be functional at least until everything else is sorted out.

Edit: I think this might be my twentieth post that marked the beginning of the second page in a thread...Oi.

Last edited by Aosaw; Jan 14th, 2006 at 12:15 AM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 10:57 AM
is here in spirit.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Chunky
I have a question for whoever moderates this forum (I think it's still Medesha). In the rules it states that I can post text only, but I have written an adventure for the Greyhawk campaign setting, complete with illustrated maps, that I would like to share with the community.

Would I be allowed to post the maps in The Library as well as the word document?

Last edited by Chunky; Feb 23rd, 2006 at 10:58 AM.
Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 02:07 PM
She's a genius.
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6023
Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha
I'm wondering if House Rules might be the best forum for it..? Well, I guess it's not really "house rules." Hmmm. Yes, go ahead and post it here, and you can attach the maps as well. If the admins decide to move it, I'll let you know.
Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 06:14 PM
I see you.....

Tools
User Statistics
ionlink x
I was wondering if I could start up an ongoing story where everyone participated. One post at a time the story would unfold.
Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 07:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 312
Terquem Terquem Terquem Terquem
humina humina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionlink x
I was wondering if I could start up an ongoing story where everyone participated. One post at a time the story would unfold.

You're kidding right?
Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 10:26 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ZephyrPetal
What's the language limit in the library?
Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 10:49 PM
She's a genius.
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6023
Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha Medesha
Anything stronger than "damn" or "hell" is not permitted. Certain non-curse-words and ordinary body part language might be filtered out by the auto-filter; we can't help that.

Adult themes are permitted, so long as the sex happens "off-stage" or is described in passing, not in detailed terms. If you're using words like sweaty, heaving, pulsing, or thrusting, you've probably gone too far (as a rule of thumb).

If you're not sure if something is appropriate or not, just PM one of the mods first. Thanks!
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 10:21 PM
I see you.....

Tools
User Statistics
ionlink x
Edit: I forgot about the text only rule. Ignore.

Last edited by ionlink x; Mar 3rd, 2006 at 10:23 PM.
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 03:52 PM
miser in the making

Tools
User Statistics
treesway
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionlink x
I think she said, "your kidding right?" because there are already several of those going on right at this moment. One is called "3 word story" and another is called "add to the story, backwards".

Last edited by treesway; Jun 28th, 2006 at 03:52 PM.
Old Dec 18th, 2016, 05:31 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 106
Muridious Muridious
Question

Hey,

Would it be ok to post a link to a google docs document I've made myself?
It's a complete list of official backgrounds and which class to use them with. I'm just new to the D&D community but this is something I couldn't find a good document for so I'm making one myself. (of course, I will put above the link whether I want to receive criticism and what not.)

Thanks in advance for your time.
- Luke
Old Dec 28th, 2016, 12:57 PM
relearning "downtime"

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50006
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
When you say "official backgrounds", Luke, are you talking about things published by a gaming company (such as in 5e, which has a background section), or things you have made yourself? The former isn't something for this forum, and quite possibly breaks copyright rules. If you wrote these yourself, are they literary (character stories, etc) or something to do with mechanics? The Library is really only for stories. Cross-reference lists for mechanics of character building doesn't really belong here, I'd suggest Gaming Advice perhaps.

Best,
~Aethera
Old Nov 1st, 2019, 08:58 AM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
katyrali
Quote:
Originally Posted by maianess View Post
Hey, I wanna link my stuff in my siggie like ionlink, but I keep running filezilla uc browser rufus out of room and having to delete other stuff from the siggie. Shouldn't there be a way to link to writing like there is to link to charries? Just a thought... because I hope to have quite a few things up here soon...
How about a monthly contest for short stories and poems, with a prize being an interview in the Newsletter, like winning the DM of the Month award? Possibly have a quarterly contest for longer works, with the same result?

Last edited by katyrali; Nov 2nd, 2019 at 09:40 PM.
Old Nov 1st, 2019, 11:21 AM
⦓ Breathe The Dark ⦔

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4355
ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair
Quote:
Originally Posted by katyrali View Post
How about a monthly contest for short stories and poems, with a prize being an interview in the Newsletter, like winning the DM of the Month award? Possibly have a quarterly contest for longer works, with the same result?
Believe it or not, we already tried this! It did well for a while, but unfortunately the focus of the site is more on gaming than writing for its own sake, so there were less and less entries until it was simply closed altogether. I'm as bummed as you are, I'm sure; I joined literally a week after they stopped doing it.
Old Nov 3rd, 2019, 04:54 PM
relearning "downtime"

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50006
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
I might open it up again if there are enough interested people, but not yet, and probably (realistically) not until after the holidays. It was a good thing when people were submitting stories, but when months go by with default winners who submitted the only story or no submissions at all... it's just not as interesting anymore. I'm not sure there are enough interested people to bring it back, frankly.