RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Dec 13th, 2021, 11:12 AM
a bit like you and me

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9786
cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind
Mister Fortune’s app is reeeally completed now. Gave him the beginnings of some paunch and changed his stage title. Pretty critical details, just sayin’. I didn’t want to be left out of the “app completed” club in the applicant tracker…
Old Dec 18th, 2021, 08:00 AM
Inspiration > Time

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6522
Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga
KINK - HOUND
right-aligned image
NAME: SARSUS CLAID
ALIAS: KINK
PLAYBOOK: HOUND (OR LURK OR CUTTER)

LOOK: DARK, COWLED, THREATENING, EXOTIC, SALTY, STILL, WATCHFUL.

KINK IS TALL AND LEAN,
normal image without text wrap
I used Dr. Facilier as
an element for inspiration
TENDING TOWARD GANGLY WITH STRONG FEATURES AND AN UNKEMPT BEARD. WHEN AMONG STRANGERS, HE COVERS HIS FACE, AS, HAILING FROM THE DAGGER ISLES, HIS FEATURES ARE UNUSUAL IN DUSKWALL. HE WEARS CLOTHES OF A STYLE THAT MIGHT HELP HIM FIT IN, TENDING TOWARDS FABRICS WITH BOLD GEOMETRIC PATTERNS.

PERSONALITY: KINK HAS A REPUTATION FOR BEING CALM UNDER PRESSURE ALTHOUGH IT’S JUST A FACADE. UNDERNEATH HE STRESSES A LOT ABOUT HOW PEOPLE SEE HIM AND ABOUT THE MALEVOLENT GHOST TRACKING HIM. TO COMPENSATE FOR HIS STRESS HE LIKES TO DRINK AND TAKE DRUGS, AND JUST FORGET ABOUT HIS WORRIES.

SOME PEOPLE FEEL THAT THIS CALM IS UNSETTLING. HE TAKES A LONG PAUSE TO CONSIDER DIRECT QUESTIONS. IF HE DISLIKES SOMEONE HE MIGHT PAUSE LONGER THAN IS SOCIALLY APPROPRIATE, WHILE WATCHING THEM INTENTLY.

KINK ADOPTED HIS MOTHER AND FATHER’S ASSERTIVENESS THAT CAME FROM MANAGING THE STAFF OF THE CLAID MERCHANT BUSINESS. WHEN KINK IS FEELING CONFIDENT, OR AFTER A FEW RUMS, HE MIGHT USE HIS DEEP BOOMING VOICE TO MAKE SURE GETS WHAT HE WANTS. BUT ONLY IN A FAMILIAR ENVIRONMENT. WE ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO COCKY DAGGER ISLANDERS IN DOSKVOL…

left-aligned image
KINK HAS A CRUEL SENSE OF HUMOUR AND LIKES TO PLAY TRICKS AND BULLY PEOPLE, ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT HE PERCEIVES ARE NO MATCH FOR HIM. HE MIGHT TELL SOMEONE THE BLUECOATS ARE COMING FOR THEM, AND WHEN THEY SPRING FROM THEIR CHAIR, LAUGH AND TELL THEM HE WAS JUST KIDDING. "NO, SERIOUSLY. THEY’RE NOT COMING FOR YOU. ALTHOUGH I HEARD THEY WANTED YOU OVER THE SIX TOWERS JOB…" -LAUGHS- "THAT WASN’T YOU RIGHT?" AND ON AND ON, SOMETIMES UNTIL SOMETHING BREAKS.

HAVING HAD NO FIRM ALLIES SINCE HIS PARENTS UNTIL ARRIVING IN DUSKWALL, HE’S TRANSFERRED HIS FIERCE LOYALTY TO THEM. HE’D RATHER SUFFER PAIN AND HUMILIATION THAN GIVE HIS FRIENDS UP. THEY’RE HIS FAMILY NOW (ALTHOUGH HE’S NOT ABOVE TEASING THEM TOO).

MOTIVATION: KINK IS A BOUNTY-HUNTER, AND HAS MOVED FROM ONE BOUNTY TO THE NEXT, FOREVER ON THE RUN FROM THE DEMON THAT HUNTS TO END HIS BLOODLINE. HE HOPES TO MAKE ALLIES IN THE CITY THAT CAN HELP KEEP HIM SAFE. IF HE HAD A HOPE, IT WOULD BE THAT HE'D BE PROSPEROUS AS HIS PARENTS WERE BEFORE.

right-aligned image
HOW DID YOU BECOME A SCOUNDREL?
A FURIOUS GHOST INFLICTED ITS HATRED UPON HIS FAMILY, POSSESSING HIS MOTHER AND KILLING HIS FATHER. A MUCH YOUNGER KINK WAS LUCKY TO ESCAPE WITH HIS LIFE.

MEETING WITH AN ELDER, HE LEARNED THAT THE GHOST YEARNED FOR HIS YOUNG HEART, AND WAS PURSUING HIM. KINK HAS BEEN ON THE RUN EVER SINCE.

WHEN HE ARRIVED BEHIND THE LIGHTNING WALLS OF DOSKVOL, HE THOUGHT HE’D BE SAFER. HE ALSO LOST HIMSELF IN THE THRONG AND FOUND A HIDEOUT WITH HIS NEW FRIENDS. HE HOPED TO MAKE A SUCCESS HERE; HE NEEDED COIN FOR HIS VICE, BUT HE ALSO ENVISAGED A FREE FUTURE WHERE HE NEEDN’T FEAR THE GHOST, AND HE COULD OPERATE SOME KIND OF SUCCESSFUL ENDEAVOUR AS HIS PARENTS HAD.

IN THE MEAN-TIME, HE’D DONE A LOT OF THINGS HE’D RATHER FORGET. ABUSE, TORTURE, BETRAYAL, MURDER. ANYTHING TO GET BY, SURVIVE AND EARN THE PRECIOUS COIN THAT WOULD KEEP HIM SAFE AND SATIATED.

left-aligned image
HERITAGE/BACKGROUND: KINK CAME FROM Taking inspiration here from Caribbean and Islander
traditions, as per the images
THE DAGGER ISLES, BORN TO A MERCHANT FAMILY. HE KNEW THE MOUNTAINS, JUNGLE, SWAMP, BEACH, OCEAN AND WATERCRAFT OF MISTPORT. HIS FAMILY WERE NATURE LOVERS AND ARCANISTS, IN TOUCH WITH THE NATURAL AND SPIRIT WORLD. HIS MOTHER AND FATHER BOTH KNEW THE POWER OF GHOSTS AND DEMONS, AND THE RITES AND OBSERVANCES TO KEEP THEM AND THEIR CREW SAFE.

VICE/PURVEYOR: Kink's vices: I think in-game I wouldn't
need to say much more than,
"He went out and did some strange
and kinky stuff while he was really stoned!"
No need for further details!
PLEASURE. PROPRIETOR AND MADAM REMORA, OF THE DOUGHTY GINGER IN THE DOCKS, PROVIDED ALL THAT KINK MIGHT WANT. HE ENJOYED ALL MANNER OF VICES IN UNISON: SEXUAL PARTNERS, DREAM SMOKE, BLACK LOTUS AND DRINK IN EQUAL HEADY VOLUME. THE DOUGHTY GINGER WAS RUMOURED TO HAVE BEEN NAMED AFTER A BOUNCER AND SEX WORKER WHO WAS LARGE, STRONG, ORANGE-HAIRED AND VIGOROUSLY REFUSED ILL TREATMENT AT THE HANDS OF ONE OF THEIR CLIENTS. THE ESTABLISHMENT NOW HAVE ZERO TOLERANCE TO ANYONE WHO MIGHT ENGAGE IN VIOLENCE AGAINST THEIR EMPLOYEES.

right-aligned image
DANGEROUS FRIENDS: CASTA, A RIVAL BOUNTY-HUNTER OPERATING IN THE CITY.THEY CROSSED PATHS ON A BOUNTY AND NEITHER WAS ABLE TO COMPLETE THE SCORE DUE TO THE COMPETITION. THE BLUECOATS BECAME INVOLVED AND BOTH CURSED EACH OTHER AS THEY WERE FORCED TO SUSPEND THEIR OPERATIONS FOR A TIME UNDER A CLOUD OF INVESTIGATION.

STAZIA, AN APOTHECARY, ACKNOWLEDGES KINK’S HERITAGE AND KNOWLEDGE OF THE SPIRIT WORLD. THEY SEE IN EACH OTHER A KINDRED SPIRIT, NOT WHISPERS AS SUCH, BUT DEEPLY ATTUNED TO THE SPIRIT-WORLD.

HUNTING PET: KINK'S CONSTANT COMPANION IN HIS TRAVELS HAS BEEN Think "My Teacher the Octopus"
mutated, murderous and enlarged
A GIANT CEPHALOPOD HE AFFECTIONATELY CALLS DAMBALLA. DAMBALLA'S TENTACLES, MUTABLE FORM AND CAMAFLOUGE MAKE HER THE PERFECT SPY AND SCOUT. SHE'S ALSO STRONG ENOUGH TO DRAG A VICTIM INTO THE WATER AND DROWN THEM. WHEN EXCITED, SHE PULSES VIVID BANDS OF BRIGHT BLUE, PURPLE AND RED.

RP SamplesAn exchange between NPCs Ambassasor Oristina, his daughter Kasula, and PC Rakhar.

The finale of a very long game of LMoP run by Chocoladevla

ExperienceHave I played BitD before?
I've only played a one-on-one which I ran. It helped me to learn the rules but did not satisfy like an ongoing game might!

I've had the book for a couple years and have read it several times, marvelling over the great world and deriving ideas from each tantalising snippet of script. The setting is rife and ripe with potential!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kink - Hound.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	93549   Click image for larger version

Name:	Happy Hound.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	93550   Click image for larger version

Name:	Octopus symbol.png
Views:	304
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	93551   Click image for larger version

Name:	Whirlpool symbol.png
Views:	322
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	93552   Click image for larger version

Name:	Conch symbol.png
Views:	310
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	93553  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sea symbol.png
Views:	314
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	93554   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dr. Facilier.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	93555  

Last edited by Niyaga; Dec 21st, 2021 at 02:07 AM.
Old Dec 18th, 2021, 08:23 PM
Inspiration > Time

Tools
User Statistics
I added some extra touches over the last 12 hours. Let me know what you think
Old Dec 18th, 2021, 08:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1554
Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun
you need one friend and one rival fyi
Old Dec 19th, 2021, 05:35 AM
Inspiration > Time

Tools
User Statistics
Casta & Stazia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot lasgun View Post
you need one friend and one rival fyi
Old Dec 19th, 2021, 02:00 PM
Dripping with Alchemy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9068
MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds
Welcome Niyaga! Good to see you, and I'm excited to see our first Hound! Some feedback below. I left Kink's status as "Reviewed", just let me know if/when he's 100% complete and I'll mark him as such.

Also, since it's come up twice now I've invented and added a new question to the FAQ. I didn't realize it until recently as I was reading through the different factions, but there is a blip on the difference between demons and spirits, and I've expanded that into actual canon for my interpretation of Duskwall. Check it out!

Last edited by MoldyNolds; Dec 19th, 2021 at 02:03 PM.
Old Dec 21st, 2021, 02:06 AM
Inspiration > Time

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks Moldy! I've added a bit on personality which was a helpful prompt thank you as I'd thought rather than written what he was like. To be fair he's a bit of a bully although he's not without empathy. It's just that Mummy and Daddy were Big Merchants and he feels entitled to respect. Even though now he's just a lowly member of the Or whatever you want to call the Gang Grift Urchins.

I'll change the detail that Momma Claid was possessed by an evil spirit rather than demon

On that note I think Kink is Complete unless I hear morestraight.
Old Dec 22nd, 2021, 09:09 AM
Dripping with Alchemy

Tools
User Statistics
MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds
Attention!!

We are now two weeks away from the deadline to submit an application. Anyone who still intends to submit an application or make changes to their existing application, you have until 11:59am WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 5TH (EST/GMT-5).

We have a bunch of great applications already. I'm soooo excited to hit the ground running, I hope y'all are too!
Old Dec 27th, 2021, 03:43 PM
The little chicks go peep

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18029
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
I've started tinkering with Ky and adding a little extra detail. Nothing major, but I'll probably be doing some gradual massaging over the next day or two. Excited to see the recruitment result!

RyuutamaWanderhome [OPEN RECRUITMENT]
Old Dec 29th, 2021, 06:02 AM
Dripping with Alchemy

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotsuSama View Post
I've started tinkering with Ky and adding a little extra detail. Nothing major, but I'll probably be doing some gradual massaging over the next day or two. Excited to see the recruitment result!
Awesome! I'll be sure to look at her with fresh eyes when it comes time.

We're 1 week away, not far now!!
Old Jan 5th, 2022, 06:00 AM
Dripping with Alchemy

Tools
User Statistics
Alright everyone, we technically have about 6 hours left and I'm not anticipating anything else momentous happening in that time. Without further ado the moment has finally arrived! Here's our crew:

Player
Alias
1st Choice
Status
cottontailwind Mister Fortune
Whisper
Complete
HotsuSama
Lurk
Reviewed
Solitaire64
Leech
Complete
Chylopan
Slide
Complete
Niyaga
Hound
Complete

Invites to the game thread and the discord server have been sent out, see y'all there!

Thank you to each and every applicant who applied, I'm truly grateful for your interest and I hope to see you around the site again!
Old Jan 5th, 2022, 06:48 AM
Moon Knight!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1888
Humble Hero Humble Hero Humble Hero Humble Hero Humble Hero Humble Hero Humble Hero Humble Hero Humble Hero Humble Hero Humble Hero
Hope you all have a good game, thanks for the opportunity to be involved. Maybe next time!
Old May 13th, 2022, 05:42 PM
Dripping with Alchemy

Tools
User Statistics
Greetings potential criminals! The Moonrakers are looking for ONE more Scoundrel to join in their escapades. We've had several players swap out Scoundrels every once in awhile as their primaries get lost in Vice or exhausted, so they're always taking novices under their wings! We've just started our third Score and would be looking to bring someone in afterwards to join in starting with the fourth which would be at least several weeks away, and quite possibly a bit longer than that.

Please refer to the original advert at the beginning of this thread for application parameters. Blades in the Dark familiarity and/or experience is preferred, but not required! What is required are full-bodied narrative posts with formatting conforming to the style we've engendered, a willingness to engage other PCs, and initiative in breathing life into the game world.

I'm happy to discuss potential character concepts or rules questions. Previous applicants are welcome to re-submit their PCs or come up with new ones! No deadlines, The first application that wows myself and the other players will get accepted!

Last edited by MoldyNolds; May 13th, 2022 at 09:26 PM.