User Statistics
RPXP: 150
Optional Reality Optional Reality
o7

Quote:
“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
-Lewis Carroll
Hello there, everyone!

I'm excited to be here. I've been a gamer for several years now. A bit of this and that. Some 5E, some Pathfinder, some World of Darkness. I've played a lot of "tabletop" games online amidst the madness of the COVID era. But we've squeaked in a few games in person too. We've also dabbled at play by post. Our perennial DM is a web developer and hosted a private venue for it. But really, I think the group prefers real time play.

Except that we kinda suck at real time play. Work from home means people are on call more. One of my coplayers is an RN; insert some joke now about nurse schedules. And it's pretty likely that I've got work travel in my future unless this COVID thing kicks back up.

That's a lot of words to say I love the idea of a game with the freedom to contribute as time allows, even if that means it moves a little slower. Besides, I love to write, and I look forward to the challenge of making living characters from words on the written e-page!
Old May 14th, 2022, 07:36 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 79779
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Welcome!

Glad you joined us, sorry it was such a mess in real life that drew you here, though. PbP is great for busy and unpredictable schedules, even travelers... it's flexible! And works in most hotels!

Happy gaming!
Old May 14th, 2022, 09:04 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks, Dirk! There are some great games recruiting, and I'm hoping to snag a spot in one or two. My tabletop (or "tabletop") group still plays when we can but it'll be nice to get some more game on.

Hey, I do have a site question. I can see that people have post signatures, but I've failed to find where I set mine up. I'm probably just overlooking it...
EDIT -- Never mind, found it!

Last edited by Optional Reality; May 14th, 2022 at 10:01 PM.
Old May 14th, 2022, 10:00 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 148
psuedenim psuedenim
Welcome, as a new member myself its good to see other people joining all the time. More chance of more games
Old May 14th, 2022, 11:47 PM
Lord of Clams

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 978
ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord ClamLord
Cheers, Optional Reality!

Love the name. Optional fantasy is the reason you're here, and I think you'll have a really fun time falling into the many worlds you'll find yourself in. Just make sure not to fall too deep or you might never have the "option of reality" again. Some (like myself) tend to get stuck playing Tug of War.

Safe travels in and out of reality!

Be kind and smile always :)
Old Yesterday, 12:47 AM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 43532
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Hey, o7, welcome to the site!
I see you already are putting in for a Pathfinder and a Shadowrun game, good luck at getting into those! Look forward to seeing what characters you create. There is also a specialized game for new members, the New Players Solo Game, that you can sign up. You get your personal DM to guide you through a scenario in one of eight systems of your choosing. It's a fun little run, and you pick up a lot on the standard approaches for playing play by post on this site--highly recommend!
Old Yesterday, 01:49 AM
The little chicks go peep

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18029
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Welcome to the site!

RyuutamaWanderhome [OPEN RECRUITMENT]
Old Yesterday, 02:36 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31194
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning,

+1 on the compliments on your awesome username! Maybe, being philosophical here, we are all here to escape reality a tiny bit? besides that, it is (IMHO) a very cool hobby ;-). Witnessing your attempt to create a cool signature, did you know that you can also change the 'very young dragon' into something more creative?

Last but not least, welcome over here, feel free to ask questions if you have them :-) (and maybe a noob question, what does the title of your post mean? --> 07)

please check out our Solo Games a private luxury DM will be included for free
~ standard weekends offline ~
Old Yesterday, 08:42 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 48176
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club Chummer!

I saw you over on the Shadowrun advertisement and just had to say hi! Do you have a lot of experience with Shadowrun? We've built a decent little shadow community here and I'm always happy to see new members in our sprawl.

Sounds like you have lots of time at the table! Do you have any good stories to share? Newbies always have the best stories.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
Old Yesterday, 10:28 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5533
Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus
Welcome, Optional Reality! Thanks for bringing your RP experience and love for writing to the site! Hope you find some fun games to join.
Old Yesterday, 10:45 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Oh, I wouldn't say I have a lot of experience with Shadowrun. My table had one of the inevitable throwdowns about whether we should be playing more PF or more 5E, because obviously one of those is the better system...

As sort of a cooling-off project, we ran some short games in totally different RPGs for what ended up being about a year ish. So I've only actually played a half dozen Shadowrun sessions, but the setting and system seem fun, and I spent waaay too much time turning ideas into Chummer builds for a game we didn't really stick with.

Any hope of me being fluent in the Shadowrun cant died when our next game was a Starfinder (note: terribly disappointing system mechanics!) game set loosely in the universe of The Expanse and my character was belta.

As for the post title, its basically an emoji wave. So, hi!