RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Nov 5th, 2021, 05:39 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2185
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
left-aligned image
Name: DCN (DeaCoN)
Race: Reborn Human
Class: Barbarian (1), Warlock (2)
Alignment: Neutral
Background: Haunted
Personality Traits: I am still uncertain as to what kind of person I wish to be, often testing new personas and accents. I'm haunted by vague memories of a time before I awoke from the people whose flesh I was carved from.
Ideal: Purpose. The concepts of right and wrong mean little to me, I just want to find my place in this world. (Neutral)
Bond: I owe my life to a kindly baker who took me in shortly after my awakening.
Flaw: I do not know my own strength. This often leads me to accidentally breaking things or hurting people.
Appearance: Deacon is a flesh golem, made of several corpses stitched together. He has an unruly mop of black hair, and his skin is a little discolored, with some patches being human, others being half-orcish, among others. The letters "DCN" are tattooed on his chest, and a emerald amulet is set into his breastbone.
Personality: Deacon is naturally meek and amiable, although he will at times attempt to be urbane and charming, or cold and intimidating. He isn't fully sure if he's simply trying on different traits like a mask or if he's channeling the people from his component pieces. However, when frustrated or angered, he can go into a fit of rage, which he will likely regret having done so later.
Backstory: DCN was crafted as part of a series of similar flesh golems for war. The necromancer that created him took them to the field of battle stacked in a wagon like cordwood, and set them upon the enemy. He marched forward with the rest, but one of the voices in his head screamed at him that this fight was wrong. Not really having an identity of his own, he was swayed by the voice, and watching one of his "siblings" take a bolt to the face was enough to convince him. He feigned tripping off a bridge and fell into a stream. Under the cover of chaos, he crawled away from the combat.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by FatherDondo; Nov 9th, 2021 at 03:20 PM.
Old Nov 8th, 2021, 04:24 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1555
Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer
Small, yet subtle nudge up the chain.
Old Nov 9th, 2021, 01:26 PM
Natural 20 ;)

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15692
Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master
Tara Jardeth
right-aligned image
Name: Tara Jardeth

Race: Variant Human

Class: Cleric

Domain: Twilight

Alignment: Neutral Good

Background: Noble

Faith: Helm

Lifestyle: Aristocratic

Personality Traits: Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood. I'll settle for nothing less than perfection.

Ideal: Beauty. What is beautiful points us beyond itself toward what is true. (Good)

Bond: I protect those who cannot protect themselves.

Flaw: I'm a sucker for a pretty face.

Description: Tara is a tall athletic woman in her early twenties with long blonde hair and an even fair face. In public, she is usually clad in brightly polished heavy armor, and on her shield, the holy symbol of Helm is proudly emblazoned. Sheathed in a scabbard with golden decorations on her left hip is her silvery longsword that was a present to her by her father for her sixteenth birthday. When not on the battlefield of a tournament, she wears fine robes over her armor.

The way she walks and the way she talks, she is easily recognized as a member of one of the seventy-five noble families of Waterdeep but is often found dealing with the general town population.
Personality

Backstory

RP Sample

Old Nov 12th, 2021, 01:18 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer
I have added a table of applications to the second post, shout me if I've captured any info wrong.
Old Dec 23rd, 2021, 04:51 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2351
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Hello, is their an update for this thread?
Old Dec 23rd, 2021, 06:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4943
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
I'm not sure, she might be sick. Had another dm and a player in other games that been sick. Once she is ready, she'll be back. I heard she is a good dm. So she is worth waiting for in my opinion.
Old Dec 23rd, 2021, 06:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onward View Post
Hello, is their an update for this thread?
Friend of mine sent me this post from the DM.

"Not only Christmas snuck up on us but we also had to deal with an unexpected press conference Saturday evening that kinda shook up everything, once more. Our country is in lockdown 3 right now, meaning all shops, schools, parks, cinemas, sport schools, etc are closed and only essential shops are open. It's stressful because once more no school means kids at home. No online school so two kids are stressed out because of missing more lessons while they are in their last year/exam class.
Another impact, two kids have lost their jobs (one working in a Zoo, the other one working in a non-essential shop). It happened before (kid that works in the Zoo -> the third time this happens)(on the positive side: she also got re-hired every time) but money-wise they are discussing coming home.

Lockdown till the 14th of January so our mood and energy levels are low. No one saw this coming so fast so yeah, didn't finish my Christmas shopping but that is the least of our care since everyone unanimously stated it's not about the presents. But; overall mood: MEH.
So I am going to save up some energy and start cocooning with the family, putting games on hold till the start of 2022. Going to find the true spirit of Christmas within the closeness of our family and loved ones...

Sorry to let you wait once more, hopefully your Christmas will be a healthy and safe one"
Old Dec 23rd, 2021, 06:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Ah, make sense, well if she's as good as your friend says. Then I can definitely wait til January.
Old Dec 29th, 2021, 06:32 AM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
TheGilldedGuy
Name: Kethgar Longoak

Race: Firbolg

Class: Druid, Circle of Dreams

Alignment: Neutral Good

Background: Outlander

Personality Traits: Everyone is always in such a rush and often lose sight of the little things. I often take things slow andd things others miss, such as a half-buried coin or an easier path.
The spirits are always whispering, but only I ever seem to notice.

Ideal: People should be free to follow their dreams as long as they don't hurt or trap others.

Bond: I seem to have gotten lost on my way back home and have lost my way; the spirits have been whispering of something sad happening and have asked my help. I'm not sure what they need me for and am worried that my kin will miss me back home, but the spirits wouldn't ask for my help unless they needed it.

Flaw: Due to my sleeping communions with the spirits, I sometimes remember false details about people and places that have happened in my dreams but not necessarily in reality.
I have a hard time grasping the social cues and rules of more 'civilised' people, and may misinterpret or not understand what they mean, to either humourous or disastrous results.

Appearance (include picture):

Pinkish blue skin, with dark bushy hair and floppy ears, Kethgar would stand out in a crowd even if he wasn't dressed in animal furs, a dozen and a half bizarre trinkets and doodas, and a vest made from sown together leaves. He has the kind of face that even a kobold wouldn't be frightened by despite him standing a bit over 6 feet (2 and a half-ish meters), with his face wrinkled in such a way to accentuate his ever-present kindly expression.
Kethgar is lanky for a firbolg, which is to say impressively built by human standards, though this isn't always apparent due to his tendency to bow his head and make himself look smaller to ease those around him.

Personality: Kethgar is about as reserved as the stories of Firbolg paint them, more inclined to sit and listen than draw attention to himself where possible. If approached though, he will happily chat for hours about the most mundane things, such as trees, weather, cloud shapes, etc. He is a little slow on the uptake of more complicated subjects such as history, math, trade, politics, writing or alchemy. Despite this, he sometimes offers insightful wisdom on a whim, often without realising how profound he can be.
It is not often that Kethgar is angry, he has a funny way of finding complements in insults and is more likely to flee if approached with hostile intent, but the one thing that will drive him to action and a cold fury few have witnessed and fewer have lived to tell the tale, is cruelty. Bringing harm to another being, not for food or defending oneself, but for pleasure, is something so vile and revolting that it will drive him to a near blinding rage that is best left to the imagination.

Backstory: Ever since his birth, Kethgar has been a bit of an odd one, according to his tribe. Many of his people communed with the spirits of the forest they know as Longoak, but only Kethgar has ever had full conversations with them. Some of his tribe thought him a little 'not right' in the head while others praised him for his talent, for his part, Kethgar did little to help nor harm his tribe's feelings on him.

His life was otherwise unremarkable for a Firbolg, spending his time learning druidic magic and the way of his small part of the woods. Then one day, he heard the Spirits ask for his help with something. Naturally, he agrees and they lead him toward an entrance to the Domains of Dread which he enters without even questioning it. Kethgar hasn't quite adjusted to the gloom of the realm he finds himself in, but he is determined to help, for good or for ill.

RP Sample: In the gloom of the dusk light, Kethgar offers a gentle smile to the people in the scene before him. Two men, steel drawn with fearful looks in their eyes, and to the ground, a boy of barely ten winters covered in mud clutching a loaf of stale bread. The firbolg towers over them, yet bows his head slightly, trying to seem more approachable.

"What seems to be the issue, friends?" he rumbles softly, startling the men with his voice and his half-obscured visage.

"Oh gods..." the left man mumbles, his eyes bulging at the size of Kethgar, unable to pick out many features other than the inhuman ones in the setting light, "A-A monster."

"Where?!" Kethgar starts, quickly scanning his surroundings, mildly confused when he finds nothing. "Hmm, don't think so. It's just us here, you should get back inside the walls though. You never know what beastie might be looking for his dinner."

Looking back, Kethgar barely raises his oak staff to catch the mans sword in time. "Oh, my mistake. I'm sorry I've scared you, friends, I'm working on getting better at not doing that." Kethgar murmurs before murmuring a request for help from the spirits, vines snaking their way from the ground and entangling themselves in the feet of the horrified men. "I must ask you to stop swinging that thing around, someone could get hurt! I'll tell the vines to let you go after you calm down a little, ok?"

Letting the men scream and cry for help, Kethgar sighed, he liked to find a remote place in the woods before he let out a scream out of his soul, a good way to refresh yourself, but doing it right in front of his poor ears was inconsiderate. Moving over toward the Child the Spirits had asked him to help, Kethgar offered him a warm smile and a hand to help him off the ground.

"Hey there little guy, my name is Kethgar, do you need help?"

Last edited by TheGilldedGuy; Dec 29th, 2021 at 06:37 AM.
Old Apr 22nd, 2022, 04:01 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
First of all, massive massive apologies for the sudden silence and vanishing act. We suffered a bereavement at home and without going into too much detail there have been a lot of complications and unpleasantness IRL since that I've been trying to deal with. And although things for a time were just absolutely overwhelming, I've got to a point now where I am starting to cope with things a bit better. Things aren't great, but they are at least manageable, but its taken a long time to even get to this point in all honesty.

I miss the games and gaming though, and I think I have enough in me to do one game, so here I am .

If there is anyone who applied previously and is still interested, let me know. If there is anyone still wanting to apply then by all means put your application in, and when I know what the playing field is so to speak we will take it from there.
Old Apr 22nd, 2022, 05:27 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Oh, well this takes me back, I vaguely remember the character I've applied right now. But sure, I'll reapply with the same character. Third time's the charm.
Old Apr 22nd, 2022, 05:52 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3528
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
I'm interested to this was a fun character to create.
Old Apr 22nd, 2022, 06:25 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2185
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
Why not. Sure, sign me up again.

Edit: I'm just glad I kept Deacon's character sheet, lol. I might go over his spell list though.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by FatherDondo; Apr 23rd, 2022 at 09:37 PM.
Old Apr 22nd, 2022, 06:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Welcome back. Understandable. For months, RL have been playing havoc on folks, both Dms and Players.

Count me in and I'll stick with the character app I made. Masion
Old Apr 23rd, 2022, 08:42 PM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1992
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
I'm ready to give it another go.

Keres D'Veregen, The last Dead Rider of Palisade.