DnD35e [Forgotten Realms] The Village of Eastpass - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Oct 29th, 2021, 12:14 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5067
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Kamikazeing the stage may be a bit of an "Ovo"reaction though!
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 01:47 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
ShadyRaven ShadyRaven
Hi - if I may, my application. I post it now, but I've been working on it for a few days now, as I had to read up on the Bedine first, to research some details.

Application

Name: Farida.
Race: Human.
Class: Wizard.

Description: Like many other Bedine, Farida has brown skin and large eyes that are as dark as her hair. her voice is soft, better suited for songs than for powerful shouts. She speaks with the accent typical of those whose mothertongue is Midani. Ever since she has left the Anauroch desert, the woman has abandoned the typical garbs of her people. She now favours heavier clothing to deal with the colder weather of the Nether Mountains. Still, even though the fabrics are thicker, the colours are not dimmer. In fact, the woman's dresses are all colorful, and she takes pleasure in further enhancing her look with jewelry and other accessories.
Personality: While she is brave and stubborn - to the point of being called foolhardy, Farida likes to think before committing to action, always looking at things from new perspectives. To the exiled Bedine, innovation has been second nature ever since she was a child. In this, Farida was a mage before being a mage: where her people followed tradition and adhered to laws perfected over the span of generations, Farida strived to view life as it could be, rather than as how it was. This is the reason why she possesses such a deep fascination with the Art: magic is - by definition - accomplishing what is not possible by mundane means. So much potential, so many possibilities. Why would anyone willingly give that up, given the choice? Not her.

Background: A Bedine by birth, Farida had - until recently - always lived in the unforgiving Anauroch desert. As custom among the Bedine, Farida's tribe survived the snowstorms of winter by settling down deep within one of the ruins so common in the Anauroch desert. Even though taking shelter among those ancient remains was a dangerous proposition, it was a matter of survival. In the Anauroch desert, winter claimed many victims among the nomads every year. Still, for the tribes leaving the dunes was unthinkable - to them, that wasteland was a crucible, given to them by the Gods so that they could learn how to better themselves.
It was during one of these winters that Farida found a tome of scrolls that had been crafted with great care. This discovery wasn't quite an uncommon event; dark tunnels ran deep beneath the sand, and anyone brave enough to explore could find scraps and pieces of treasures long forgotten. Farida couldn't help but glance with wonder at all those strange symbols, diagrams and formulae - and in such a large number that the author had been able to fill an entire book. The Bedine had long lost their written tradition, so Farida had never owned anything similar to that tome. Fascinated, she kept the book for herself. She knew all too well that she was doing a forbidden thing, yet the woman did it anyway, and kept the secret for as long as she could. Until that day, Farida had never gone against her people's laws, but as she unlocked the meaning of those pages, she discovered something for which it was worth to go against tradition: the Art.
As it always happens, deception did not last - in the end it was her older sister who saw through her lies. At that point, Farida's family confronted her. First the woman's relatives tried to reason with her. Then, they threatened to bring the matter to the sheik. Finally, as it became clear that Farida would not be dissuaded, the entire family begged her to reconsider. When the stubborn woman refused to listen, her father's hands were tied: this crime against the tribes could not be ignored, for doing so would have brought the entire family down. He informed the sheik, who gave Farida a simple ultimatum - surrender the tome, or lose her place among the tribe. When again she refused, punishment came swift. First Farida was lashed for going against the sheik's order, then she was exiled with a warning that coming back would have meant her death.
As the woman joined a caravan and traveled west, she couldn't help but feel a mixture of conflicting emotions. She had been forced to leave her former life, but at the same time she felt as if she had found her own path in a world that was much bigger than expected. Even if her back now bore the signs of the whip, pain was a small price to pay for her own freedom.
This was months ago. Farida adapted, learnt, and succeeded in carving a spot for herself. Life has been interesting, to say the least. People not of the Bedine do not share their stigma towards the Art - instead, mages are respected and sometimes even feared. Even better, the Nether Mountains are full of opportunities, for those who are not afraid of danger. Farida is one of these people, the so called "adventurers".

Last edited by ShadyRaven; Oct 30th, 2021 at 04:26 AM.
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 05:09 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 299
Vesper Vesper Vesper
Welcome to our little gathering ShayRaven!

Only two days left, I'm getting nervous...
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 05:55 PM
Slave to an abusive Muse

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 506
Aotyr Aotyr Aotyr Aotyr Aotyr Aotyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper View Post
Welcome to our little gathering ShayRaven!

Only two days left, I'm getting nervous...
Same! But it's a good kind of nervous; we've got some great players and characters here. Whoever the lucky 4-6 are that Alatere eventually picks, it's gonna be a good game.

Welcome aboard the 'RP SQUID GAME' train, Shady.

Last edited by Aotyr; Oct 29th, 2021 at 05:55 PM.
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 06:16 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ShadyRaven ShadyRaven
Thanks - it's quite a congregation, but it's normal - there are not many 3.5 games anymore. To be honest I wasn't sure whether to post, the thread exploded in just a few days. But heck, it's 3.5 FR, when is the next time you're gonna see a game like that?
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 06:46 PM
Clearly a Wild Animal

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5384
Schism Schism Schism Schism Schism Schism Schism Schism Schism Schism Schism
Not super often, that's for sure. I bounce between a couple sites and don't see new 3.5 games more than once every few months - which is why they get big numbers of apps

Last edited by Schism; Oct 29th, 2021 at 06:46 PM.
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 06:57 PM
Slave to an abusive Muse

Tools
User Statistics
Alright, "final" tweaks made for Vohja, should be ready for *DUNDUNDUN* the big cut after Halloween. Did some setting realignment to make him fit better/be a resident of Eastpass with some history there and fleshed out his wizard training.
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 07:23 PM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8262
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Sorry to see you go Dirk but totally understand sometimes your concept just doesn’t mesh with the style of the game.

Ohdear those egg puns were just rotten.

Yeah deadline is getting close now. Not looking forwards to having to make a decision, it is going to be tough!

Last edited by Alatere; Oct 29th, 2021 at 07:23 PM.
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 09:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1958
WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi
should be fun!!
Old Oct 29th, 2021, 10:04 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 79779
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatere View Post
Sorry to see you go Dirk but totally understand sometimes your concept just doesn’t mesh with the style of the game.

Ohdear those egg puns were just rotten.

Yeah deadline is getting close now. Not looking forwards to having to make a decision, it is going to be tough!
Yup. Sometimes you get an idea and it just can't quite form the way you think it should. I got half an idea and then...... blank. It would not grow.
Old Oct 30th, 2021, 04:26 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ShadyRaven ShadyRaven

It happens. Sometimes I get too many ideas at the same time, and I can't make up my mind about what I would like to play.

Last edited by ShadyRaven; Oct 30th, 2021 at 04:32 AM.
Old Oct 30th, 2021, 11:52 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 299
Vesper Vesper Vesper
Just wanted to wish everyone good luck. Great apps all around!
Old Oct 30th, 2021, 12:41 PM
Clearly a Wild Animal

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5384
Schism Schism Schism Schism Schism Schism Schism Schism Schism Schism Schism
Same! It looks like it'll be an interesting group in any combo of characters!
Old Oct 30th, 2021, 01:17 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 79779
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
good luck to you all!
Old Oct 30th, 2021, 05:48 PM
Slave to an abusive Muse

Tools
User Statistics

Horrors awaken soon! Hope everyone has a happy Halloween (for those that celebrate/indulge). Probably NOT a Devils' Night party going on among the youths of Eastpass tonight, but maybe there's some setting friendly equivalent celebration? :>