Go Back   RPG Crossing > Discussions > The Library
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jan 26th, 2022, 10:20 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2718
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
page28 But on the way out David spotted the target fleeing. David singled for Tackett to take him out. But John beat him to it. With a single shot from his short range scooped m16. Then John assisted Tackett in covering the extraction.

John was promoted to corporal. And became the 4th member of David's friends list. He also cooked all the units meals. Saying that mess hall food wasn't good enough for the team.

They received leave until Zhang was combat ready again. Tackett being from David's home town went home with him. Met David's sister Christy. And was married to her with in a year.

David's unit had many soldiers transfer in and out But he kept Tackett, Banks, Zhang, and Alston with him at all times. They were a unstoppable team together.

But then David was offered a promotion if he transferred to a Special Ops Force command. David accepted on the condition that Alston take command of the ranger unit. And Zhang got any job he wanted. Zhang transferred to the motor pool. David asked Tackett and Banks to come with him. Tackett instead took his honorable discharge and went to spend time with his Wife . At Yale.... John however was overjoyed at the option. And followed David to the SOF. His new unit was Sgt John Banks, Lt Lee Hounshell, corprals Leyla Hobbs and her husband Elvin Maupin.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Jan 31st, 2022 at 10:35 AM.
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 10:54 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
page29 Each member of his unit had special skills. David was team leader, & expert in weapons, hand to hand, small arms, close quarters, urban , & guerilla combat. Lt Hounshell was a submachine gun, tatical, & explosives expert. Sgt Banks was a hand to hand, urban warfare, & close quarters combat expert. And was a marksman with any gun. Corporal Hobbs was a heavy arms expert, designer, and builder. She also forged swords and knives, and was a trained hacker. Corpral Maupin was a marksman with a rifle, a heavy arms expert, hacker and team mechanic.

As a 5 man team they were the best. They never lost a man or failed a mission. David and Banks stayed close on every mission. Hobbs and Maupin also stayed close on every mission. But spent as much time arguing as they did fighting the enemies. Lt Hounshell just did his job, and proved to be a friend. He also had a family in Winch city so he spent half his leave time hanging with David.

One day the Cornel came to David's unit barracks. " We want you to join our super soldier program.", the Cornel told David in private.

" Me why?", asked David.

"Your talents, skills, and military record. And that metabolism of yours. Our program requires a specific type of people to survive it. And you are one of the few in the world who meet those requirements. Mole it over. I'll comeback soon.", the Cornel explained.

The next day the top brass had a new mission for David's unit. Along with one disguised Sgt Tom Carnickle. Who secretly had more intel on the target than anybody.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Jan 31st, 2022 at 10:25 AM.
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 07:44 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
page30 Tom knew the location of the hidden base, the POWs, every building, the sentries and their movements. And every officer and where they would be.

The job was to take out the general there, and rescue any POW still alive. It seem the general shot down a chopper and took the crew hostage. So it's off to the jungle.

David's team arrived. Maupin and Banks took out the guard towers and sentries. As David, Hobbs, Tom, and Lee, made their way into the camp. When joined by Banks and Maupin, he sent Hobbs and Maupin to find the POWs. He had Lee wire the base with Tom covering him. While he and Banks searched for the general.

David took out his katana, while John had his combat knife. David sensed a guard coming around a corner. He spun around in front of him with a left hand swing, beheading him. Before the guard had a chance to see him.

Then he singled John to enter and clear the first room. John slit the door guards throat. And threw his knife into the neck of the next soldier who had the misfortune of entering the room.
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 08:20 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
page31 David entered through a window behind a soldier and gutted him. Saving John as he had the drop on John. John turned and saluted David then moved on.

David pulled his .45 cal acp., and John his 9mm Beretta. David thought there were to many soldiers in the next room for the unprepared.

And sure enough when David kicked in the door all guns in the room opened fire on his position. But David had moved as soon as he kicked in the door. He and John dove in different directions. Then came in from the side doors. David and John killed the same number of guards, but David killed the general as well.

What John failed to noticed was that David took a hit to do so. They made their way back to the others. Tom and Lee had 2 POWs with them. But were surrounded.

Lee's gun jerked to the side. He froze. David moved to his side. If not for the blood he would have thought the gun stopped the bullet. But David noticed the open space between Lee's fingers where the bullet hit.
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 08:47 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
page32 One of Lee's fingers had been shot off. " Suck it up soldier. Your not the only one to be shot today. So start shooting back or we all die!", ordered David.

"Yes sir", Lee answered shook out of his shock. Then he got mad. And started shooting enemies. Every shot a kill. Leyla and Maupin let loose with chain guns.

But the team was chased by an army all the way back to the chopper. The only 2 not wounded was Tom and John. Most had superficial wounds. Like Lee, or a graze here or there. But David had a bullet go through his side missing his spine by inches.

The base surgeons worked on his internal injuries all night. John never left the door. After a day or 2 David was released from the hospital. Only to find out Lee had taken a medical discharge and went home. David walked to the barracks in pain but healing well.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Jan 31st, 2022 at 08:46 AM.
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 09:17 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
page33
John was beside him telling him of Lee. Leyla and Maupin were waiting for him at the barracks. David knew he and John were being followed. So when the Cornel spoke as they entered the barracks, he was the only one not surprised.

"You know if you join my program you wouldn't be feeling that pain.", said the Cornel. John saluted and took his leave waving off the couple as they approached. They looked to see the Cornel and David talking, and moved away.

" I don't mind the pain. As much as I do the time it takes for my body to move right again.", said David.

"What if I told you our serum makes you heal thre times faster than you do now?" the Cornel said. David just nodded. "Okay what if I were to tell you that you could have done missions like the one you just did on your own. You've seen Leyla and Maupin bench that duce and a half together. I can guarantee you could do it alone and more. The serum can make you run faster than a car. And jump 3 stories up with ease." said the Cornel.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Jan 31st, 2022 at 08:39 AM.
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 10:47 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
page34 " If you could do all this why not just make an army of soldiers?", David asked.

" It would kill them. They don't have the metabolism you do. Your body can adjust to the changes. You are unique. Or haven't you noticed? Your 6 ft tall 150lbs and can bench 350 lbs, and heal faster than others. And out fight any 3 SOF soldiers. Combat comes easy to you. And then there's that uncanny sence of yours to know when someone is there."said the Cornel.

" How do you know that much about me?", David asked.

" We've been watching you. We had to see how much you could take and do. And make sure you couldn't be bought. We believe you can't. Your honor won't allow for it.", explains the Cornel.

" Why the recruitment? Why not just use the serum on me while I sleep?", David asked.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Jan 31st, 2022 at 08:36 AM.
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 10:49 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
page35
" The side effects for one. some become aggressive, some power mad. And others die. But they don't have your genes or your metabolism. Also as I have said there are others. It will be a team. One the US can use in any situation. ", Said the Cornel.

"And how do I know I can trust you?", asks David.

"Your sister is working on the project. She can guarantee the serum.", said the Cornel.

" My sister but how?"

"She's currently Yale's top bio vaccine, and virus expert. She was brought in to help with the virus resistance part of the serum." answered the Cornel.

"So it has been tested?" David said more in shock than asking.

"Yes I told you what happened to those not like you. Currently we have a prisoner from death row who is about to go through phase 2. To prove its worth to the 3 volunteers we currently have." said the Cornel.

"Ok I'll go." said David.

Later "So what did the Cornel want?" Asked his team.

"I'm being transferred to another team.", said David.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Jan 27th, 2022 at 03:39 AM.
Old Jan 27th, 2022, 04:06 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
page36 "Yeah us to we wanted to tell you. We got our request granted for the motor pool." said Leyla and Maupin., " No more getting shot at for us."

" Well that's good for you 2.", said David.

" What about me? Can I come too?" John asked David.

"No sorry John it's just me. But I did get. you a battlefield promotion to staff Sgt.", said David.

"Well I guess I'll take some leave time. And then decide what to do.", said John. "Good bye all.", Somehow it felt so permanent to John like He just lost a brother. And the group was separated.

A few days later David arrived at a secret bunker and was given test after test. To be sure if he was able to handle the serum. " Hey Sis.", David said to Christy.

" Hey bro. Feeling ok?", she asked .

" Not really. I'm a little sick of this place already. Did you really test this on some criminal?", David answered then asked.

"Yeah and it worked. Way better than the old serum. And it's not like we had a choice.", She explained. " See to test the new serum. on a human we needed a human subject willing to be the first. The guy volunteered he was gonna die any way."

" I still think it was wrong. He could have died, he could now get free and cause havock.", David said. "Besides the Cornel said there were 3 volunteers. But I've only seen 2.", he continued. "I thought I saw a girl One day but the General says there was no girl. But it's like I can feel her."
Old Jan 27th, 2022, 04:27 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
page37 "I know it's like that subject doesn't exist. I saw her once too. But was told her part in being here was classified. I'm not even allowed to run tests on her. So she might not be a test subject.", Christy said.

" She is don't ask me how I know. I just do.", said David.

" Not that again. The David knows all before it happens stuff. If you were ever wrong I would throw you a party.", Christy jibes. "Anyways your test are all done. You are 10% more likely for the serum to work on than all the others. And better too. Your a 100% match. No one ever gets that. If I didn't know better I'd say the General genetically produced you for the serum.", Christy joked.

( How little she really knows. David was made genetically to match. This whole project is built around him.) Thought the General as he spied on them from his office.

The next day David and one of the 2 others, we're given the serum. The only immediate effect was to kill the other volunteer. But over the course of a month David gained weight and was now 180lbs of pure muscle.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Jan 31st, 2022 at 08:20 AM.
Old Jan 27th, 2022, 04:47 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
page38 David could bench a duce and a half ( military tuck) as promised, and more. Move faster than a human eye could see. See and hear better than most animals. He had perfect vision in a lightless cave. Run and do acrobatics better than any Olympic athlete. And heal faster than promised. Pain was hardly noticeable.

David being the fastest ever to adapt to the serum. Was sent out after terrorist. ( Another test really to see his abilities in action in the field.)

He was made a government agent. The first of a new team. Called Civilian Anti Terrorist Squads. Or CATS for short. He was sent to work with law enforcement agencies around the US. David constantly thought about the Cornel's words though. A second serum? Why, and why hadn't he been given it? And what about the woman test subject he knew was there? But answers would have to wait.

His latest assignment was to go back home. To Winch city to work with current police chief Bobby Morrison
To locate and takeout a terrorist cell that Intel says is there.

"Ok Agent.", said Bobby. A man David knew from his childhood. " Will and Ova tracked your target to this cabin." He said pointing to a place on the map.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Jan 31st, 2022 at 08:18 AM.
Old Jan 27th, 2022, 05:59 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
page39 David nodded to his old friend from school. Then to the new guy Ova. "If you need back up. They will be there.", Bobby said.

" I'll call if I need them.", David said. Then jumped into his military jeep, and left. When he arrived at the cabin he kicked in the door and went in guns blazing. Knowing the terrorist wanted to go out fighting. He takes a hit and moves to the bomb.(See page1.)

The timer was ticking. The terrorist must have set it as he pulled up. It was simple really. No timer, no det charge , no boom. So David disconnected the det charge. And ripped away the timer. Then he read the the chemical tanks. { T Virus Chemical Hazard!} (T Virus what's that?) David thought. Then sensed something out side.

So he went out to investigate. When a dog came at him. Quick as lightening, David had his sword out, and beheaded the creature. And sheathed his sword again before the body hit the ground.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Jan 31st, 2022 at 08:13 AM.
Old Jan 27th, 2022, 06:26 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
page40 As he sliced the jumping dog he noticed the dogs body didn't have much substance. It's half rotting body had been dead for weeks. Then more growls came from the trees.

As 3 more dead dogs came charging. David's .45cal appeared in his hand and went to work again. The strange dogs' heads exploded. As he shot them.

Then a green ape like creature with a spike sticking out of both wrists. Jumped at him from the roof. David emptied a clip into it . Then hit it with a side kick as it came down. It flew back hitting and snapping a tee trunk in half. From the power Of David's kick. It didn't get back up.

David went over to check out this new creature. It had a almost human shape. But altered, and the spikes were also blade like. It had ape features and corded muscles. This was new.

Then the 2 terrorist he didn't shoot in the head came out of the cabin. They shambled towards him like they didn't know how to move normally. 1 swing of his sword stopped them in their tracks. As their heads rolled to the ground.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Jan 31st, 2022 at 08:07 AM.
Old Jan 27th, 2022, 06:38 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
page41 No bullet proof vest on either one. Which means they were dead yet walking. Something was wrong here! David wanted to know what. But the noises from the forest, told him answers would have to wait.

As several more walking corpses came out of the woods. David smiled and reloaded. And pulled a second .45cal. The fun has just begun.

What David didn't know was that the road of death virus outbreak had just began. And the history of the CATS program would be made from this moment on...

The end.... Or the beginning,
Who knows?

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Jan 31st, 2022 at 08:06 AM.
Old Jan 27th, 2022, 06:39 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
Book 2 coming soon.

I have questions though.

It says 108 views . How many of you are actually reading my book?
And did you enjoy it?

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Jan 31st, 2022 at 12:43 PM.