Work in Progress

Name: Acacia Thornton
Mage Flavor: Disparate - exiled Verbena
Concept: Good Is Not Nice, Lunacy, Blood Magic

Paradigm: A World of Gods and Monsters
Nature: Innovator
Demeanor: Rogue

Practice: Hybrid: Chaos Magick/Gutter Magick/Witchcraft
Focii: Blood and fluids, bones and remains, herbs and plants, offerings and sacrifice, true names
Spheres: Life, Forces

Appearance: Coming in at a whopping 4'11" Acacia is still waiting for her growth spurt to hit. Her sense of style leans more towards whatever would most annoy her mother in the moment - band tshirts, thick-soled "stompy" boots and ripped jeans make up the bulk of her wardrobe. Her natural hair color is always carefully concealed with whatever shade of manic panic strikes her fancy, currently it's a deep blue shade which makes her greenish grey, perpetually khol-rimmed eyes stand out. Lately she's taken to wearing sunglasses whenever she's not in bed, and has an array of aviator-style frames with assorted colored lenses.

Background: Bisbee, Arizona. How did the wayward youngest female of the Shelburne Falls Thorntons find herself in this sleepy desert town? Truth be told, she was more drawn to the town of Tombstone (the obvious choice to appeal to the teen's goth sensibilities) but this, this was where her father had settled down after driving out of Massachusetts for the last time sometime in the mid 80's without ever looking back, and at seventeen years old she wasn't quite able to sign a lease on her own yet. The sporadic (forced) summertime visits scattered throughout her childhood were never quite enough time for her to really connect with the man whose surname her mother wouldn't let her take, but the two had formed an uneasy bond over their shared disdain of Rowan and when Acacia showed up in the early summer he had welcomed her with open arms.

The weight of the Thornton family name has always felt more like an albatross strung around Acacia's throat than a blessing or a privilege, no matter what the other children her age seemed to think or how frequently her mother and grandmother "reminded" her how lucky she was to have it. Life in a small town was tough enough for any teenager without the added weight of familial expectations, and Rowan and Amaranth Thornton had a lot of expectations for the youngest female child to carry the name. Really, the pressure would cause anyone to crack eventually, no matter how tough they thought they were. Not even the elder Thornton women could say for sure what started the fire in the small brick building that served as the town's high school, but an educated guess (and a hastily emptied bedroom) had them thinking they knew who the culprit was.

Having left town abruptly in the middle of her junior year, she's a little behind in her traditional education. Desperate for her just to be "normal" the trade-off for being allowed to stay with her father is playing the good kid and re-enrolling in school. New year, new Acacia? How hard could it actually be?

Social Flaw: Enemy (4 pt) her mother's family/ex-Coven

Last edited by missannthrope; Feb 27th, 2022 at 05:57 PM.
Old Feb 15th, 2022, 11:17 AM
Imaginary Friend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 974
ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacherwolf View Post
so some unexpected events have occurred on my end, and unfortunately I'm going to have to withdraw my application from this. I'm sorry, but good luck with this, Mage is a fantastic game!
Pity you've gone through all that trouble already. Well, I hope you sort your affairs in time, maybe check on me to see if I can slide you in later.
Old Feb 15th, 2022, 11:20 AM
Imaginary Friend

Tools
User Statistics
ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining ImpInTraining
Quote:
Originally Posted by missannthrope View Post
Mage Flavor: Disparate - Red Thorn Dedicants/exiled Verbena?

Background: [/B] Social Flaw: Enemy (4 pt) her mother's family/ex-Coven
Ooooooh... that could work well with the story. Verbenas always make scary enemies.
Old Feb 19th, 2022, 07:23 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3348
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
sorry for the delay here's my temporary sheet. I hope I did the math right, I still miss a couple of sphere dots depending on the other players, for now I've put down the ones I'm sure about.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Jon Ortiz.pdf (4.04 MB, 14 views)
Old Feb 25th, 2022, 04:23 PM
Imaginary Friend

Tools
User Statistics
Hey Yo ... peeplz...

This is your one day warning. I'm closing all applications at midnight EST tomorrow 2/26/2022. Sunday I will be advising the players of the link(s) to the game. If there are any last minute changes you want to make to your application, now is the time.

I'll likely form separate sub-forums for each player individually, solely for character development / flushing out - or if you want to keep private notes.
Old Feb 26th, 2022, 06:11 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3348
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
I didn't add a whole bit about Jon spending time in a auto-repair shop and bonding with the head mechanic (don't know why, but I wanted 3 in Craft), I didn't have the points for the 1-Ally but apart from that should be good.

Last edited by Ursinorum; Feb 26th, 2022 at 06:13 AM.
Old Feb 26th, 2022, 05:43 PM
Imaginary Friend

Tools
User Statistics
Just a reminder ... due date is closing in. Hope to see your app.

Old Feb 27th, 2022, 01:38 PM
Imaginary Friend

Tools
User Statistics
Sending messages out to the players who have not yet completed their apps. I can prolong the startup a little...
Old Feb 27th, 2022, 05:53 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 123
missannthrope missannthrope
Would you also need a character sheet now or only if we're accepted?
Old Feb 27th, 2022, 09:04 PM
Imaginary Friend

Tools
User Statistics
There hasn't been an overwhelming response. I'm willing to work with anyone who is still interested to complete an acceptable character, however long it takes. I can open a sub-folder for anyone who has previously posted interest on here and is still interested in playing. Just give me the word.
Old Feb 28th, 2022, 06:32 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 123
missannthrope missannthrope
I’m definitely still interested and happy to revamp my application if needed
Old Feb 28th, 2022, 08:43 AM
Slave to an abusive Muse

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 506
Aotyr Aotyr Aotyr Aotyr Aotyr Aotyr
Mage is a favorite of mine! If I weren't swamped right now I'd be all over this. Hope you guys have a banger of a game!
Old Feb 28th, 2022, 08:51 AM
A is for ASSKICKING!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12115
XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor
I've been stalking this add for a while. Would you be happy to see a Hollow One necromancer in your game, Imp?
Old Feb 28th, 2022, 10:44 AM
Imaginary Friend

Tools
User Statistics
@missannthrope - I don't know about any revamping. I like the character concepts I've been seeing, I just never saw any character sheets. Anyway, I'm definitely setting up a place for you in the game where we can further discuss the finer details.

@XQbitor - A Hollow One necromancer, I like the idea of throwing a few ghosts in the mix. Used to play Wraith: The Oblivion a while back too. I have a feeling that kind of insight will really help in the long run. But you should be aware that after the Horizon Wars, many Tradition mages are at odds with Hollow Ones in particular, blaming them for what had happened. With the flavor of the campaign having Tradition mages tainted by Nephrandi, I expect they'll be against all of you anyway (for the most part - except for the exiles). I just don't want that particular back-story hook surprise you if it should come up later. Shall I open up a sub-folder where we can talk more on your character development?
Old Feb 28th, 2022, 01:15 PM
A is for ASSKICKING!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12115
XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor
@ImpInTraining - Sure thing! I have been hesitant in writing a proper app, mostly due to that pesky 'writing the backstory of your character', but I think I got a more clear perspective how I'm going to handle it. And no biggies on blowing that surprise; Hollow Ones have always been the underdogs in the Traditions' eyes.