DnD5e Chronicles of Jôrd: Troubled Lands - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 12th, 2022, 05:00 PM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35115
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Thomman Aggamor
right-aligned image

Name: Thomman Aggamor

Gender Identity: Male

Race: Human (Caldaria)
Class: Rune Knight
Description: Thomman is a large gregarious young man known for his green thumb. His daily life is quite simple and he prefers it that way. Tilling the fields and the weekly trip to the market are how he spends his days. He is quite well known, towering over most folk and he always greets everyone with a warm smile and a kind word. Little Thom, as he is known, has never shared a cross word with anyone… at least not since he was a small boy. One errant punch thrown in anger at the local bully, Terin, showed him the danger of such impulsive action. Terin, now blind in one eye, later went on to join the church.

Personality: Thomman is a fairly jolly man but it is also clear that he carries with him a sense of melancholy. It's not that he feels constrained by his small town living... quite the contrary... he knows that it must soon end. Maybe it's in the nightmares that haunt him at night, visions of blood and anger. Or it could be the growing appearance of rough looking strangers in and around town. Something feels... off.

Background: Thomman did not grow up with his parents. They left soon after his birth, his mother dying soon after and his father never returned. He was raised by the kindly Donluth family, an elderly husband and wife who raised him in the simple ways of the land. Tomman was surrounded by love as he grew… and grew he did until he towered over his adopted parents. Kiera Donluth chalked his prodigious size up to her potato chowder but her husband Greban said the size had to come from a distant family relative. According to the Donluth’s, Thomman parents were not physical specimens of any note.

Thomman was content with life on the farm but as the seasons passed and the Donluth’s grew old the inevitable finally came to pass. Kiera died first, a happy passing surrounded by her loved ones and ushered into the hereafter as gently as could be done. Greban went next but his passing was tinged with sadness as he took it upon himself to pass something along to his son.

Coughing roughly as he lay upon his bed, he handed a folded parchment to Thomman and the boy silently unfolded it and looked at the message scrawled within. “Yer father… he went ta Eastmark. I knew all along but I wanted ta protect ye from em… didn’t want ye runnin’ after tha man. He ain’t no good.”

Thomman was not angry, not in the least. He loved Greban and knew that the choices he made were out of love for his son. But looking at the parchment again he saw that it was a deed to a small plot of property on the outskirts of Eastmark. He would travel there… he would meet his father and lay the past to rest.

Then Thomman would return to his farm.

Background Archetype: Inheritor

Personality:
Trait 1: I judge people by their actions, not their words.
Trait 2: If someone is in trouble, I’m always ready to lend help.
Ideal: Fairness. No one should get preferential treatment before the law, and no one is above the law. (Lawful)
Bond: I have a family, but I have no idea where they are. One day, I hope to see them again.
Flaw: I find that most people are trustworthy. Hey, where’s my belt pouch? (Failed Merchant)

Contacts:
Terin Bagurdang (Hostile): Childhood bully now lifelong rival. He joined the church in search of power and uses his faith as a shield against criticism.
Buerjon Aggamor (Hostile and or Friendly: Thomman's father. Thought to be dead but now Thomman is not so sure.
Rami Ali (Friendly): A passing dwarf traveller who took a liking to Thomman when the large boy was a teenager. While he was in the area he took it upon himself to instruct the boy in the finer art of blacksmithing and also dwarven catch wrestling. Thomman proved a quick learner in both disciplines and he hopes to one day see his old friend again.

Writing Sample: Strahd shows his true self: Love hurts

Last edited by Begon Ugo; Apr 20th, 2022 at 07:51 PM.
Old Apr 12th, 2022, 07:53 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 458
MercurialJack MercurialJack MercurialJack MercurialJack MercurialJack
Jakob Brandonbain
left-aligned image

Name: Jakob Brandonbain

Race: Caldarian Human

Class: Cleric (Life)

Description: Jakob is entering his middle years, no longer a young man. Grey hair streaks through black and speckles his beard, and wrinkles line his weathered face. He stands a little below six feet, and though built from a life of labour and toil, he is not a big man, but has strength belied by his size. He has deep, kind eyes, and a warm smile, if it is ever shown… Jakob wears simple, plain robes of brown and blue, adorned with symbols of the Maker. Sadly even these have seen better days. Below his robes, he wears a thick suit of well-made but ill-fitting chainmail, though if you look closely enough you'll notice its design is that of one much older than Jakob himself.

Personality: Jakob is mild-mannered, polite, almost meek. He seems nervous, unaccustomed to the world despite his years, regarding everything as new, unexpected, and even frightening at times. But he is friendly, giving, and innately protective of those he cares for, and those who cannot care for themselves. There is a deep sadness that permeates his whole being, making even moments of happiness fleeting.

Background: Bran to his friends, Jakob to his family, had never left his small town of Rathburn in Dunhold until recently. Jakob was born in Rathburn and lived there all his life, growing up, marrying his wife Talia, and raising their two sons, Sarl and Aldar. He spent his life in service to the town and its people, and in service to the Divine Maker. Working as the Rathburn's healer, he ministered to the sick and the dying, saving those few he could, and easing the suffering of the rest as they passed.

When they reached 20 years of age, Sarl and Aldar, after having met a travelling minstrel passing through the town, and fed up of what they thought of as a boring and solitary existence, both packed their belongings, and set out into the world heading for Eastmark to make their name as adventurers. Not wanting them to go, their leaving involved a huge argument that spanned a night and day, and the brothers left without further word to their father.

Not long after their children left, Talia fell ill with a sickness Jakob had never seen before. Immediately, he devoted his life and work to finding a cure for Talia's ill, foregoing any and all work and responsibilities to the town to do so. In the process, he incurred a running debt, ending up owing large amounts of gold to the town's noble, Lord Kardak. Yet still he found nothing, and Talia's condition worsened. A year passed, then two, as Jakob had to watch his wife slowly die. When she finally passed in the third year, it was almost a blessing. Almost. Jakob was lost in grief, alcohol, and sorrow for many days. His friends, such as there were left, barely recognised him.

When he finally came back to the world, he was aghast at what he had let happen in the past few years. People had suffered, fallen sick, some even died while he obsessed over Talia's condition. He was appalled at himself, ashamed, and vowed to never let another person suffer again if he could raise a hand to stop it. He went to see Lord Kardak to plead his case, apologise, and pledge his continued fealty and service. Instead he was greeted by Urd Stern, the lord's chief adviser. The debt Jakob had racked up was now due, and without payment, lands and property would be taken, followed by his life.

Jakob returned to the small house that he had once shared with his wife and their two sons and looked around the empty, hollow shell of a building. His gaze fell upon the suit of armour that always hung above the fire - the armour that his grandfather had worn in battle many years ago and passed down to Jakob's father, and now belonged to him. Below it hung a plain, but effective-looking mace. He unhung the armour and awkwardly slung it on over his shoulders, too large as it was. He weighed the mace in his hands, immediately feeling his muscles strain. It didn't take long to pack a bag of his simple belongings and rations for a journey, and by nightfall Jakob was on the road and heading away from Rathburn for the first time in his nearly 50 years of life, heading towards Eastmark. He vowed to find his sons, wherever they might be, and mend the rift with the only family he had left, and earn enough gold to pay off his debt to Lord Kardak and free himself from that burden.

Background Archetype: Haunted one

Harrowing event - My wife died before my eyes and I was powerless to stop it, letting others suffer and die needlessly.

Personality Traits x2/Ideal/Bond/Flaw:

Traits: It doesn't matter if the whole world's against me. I'll always do what I think is right.
Nothing is more important than life, and I never leave anyone in danger.

Ideal: Charity. I always try to help those in need, no matter what the personal cost. (From Acolyte background)

Bond: I lost someone I care about, but I still see them in guilty visions, recurring dreams, or as a spirit.

(This felt appropriate as the Weave is thinner and more prevalent of a factor in Dunhold.)
Flaw: I will put myself in harm's way if it will spare someone else pain. (Custom)

Contacts: Unknown friend or foe: Sarl and Aldar Brandonbain - Jakob's sons, now in their mid-20s. Twins, although not identical. Sarl is the taller of the two, slightly taller than his father, and bigger built. His long hair hangs down his back, its blonde colour the one thing he takes from his mother. Sarl had worked many manual jobs around Rathburg, be they farming or building, and more naturally took up the sword after working in the town guard for a time. Conversely, Aldar was smaller, more towards his mother's size, and often spent more time in his books, and eventually later with his father learning some healing skills. Less time outside lends Aldar a paler complexion, contrasted by deep brown eyes.

The last known whereabouts were the brothers journeying towards Eastmark several years ago determined to make a name for themselves as adventurers.
Foe: Urd Stern - Lord Kardak's chief adviser, tasked with recouping the debt owed to the lord by Jakob. Urd Stern is as his namesake might suggest - quiet, short of tone, and stern. Using few words, but often found to be intimidating, Stern stands over most with a wiry form. Head of Rathburn town guard for some time, Stern was promoted to Lord Kardak's 2nd in command some years ago. His hair is cropped short, with a pointed nose and pronounced chin.

Friend: Hamés Lindbek - A cheerful and portly travelling trader who occasionally passed through Rathburg, with whom Jakob struck up a firm friendship over the years, and also bought many of the supplies for his ministrations from. Hamés had mentioned visiting Eastmark on his travels in the past.
Writing Sample: A writing sample can be found in this post, or this one.

Last edited by MercurialJack; Apr 19th, 2022 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Adding in response to feedback so it's all in one place
Old Apr 12th, 2022, 08:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2351
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
App
right-aligned image

Name: Natholomew Shagettio

Race: Beroulon Human

Class: Sorcerer (Draconic Bloodline)

Description: A pudgy man, with a very sketchy appearance that you would never trust to cook you food for. Natholomew embodies that and more, he looks like any back-alley cooked that probably dropped your food a few times. But theirs a difference here between Natholomew and them, for you see he doesn't dropped food or put their disgusting germs all over them for you see, he is a lover of food and he'll make you the best meal you ever had. Though if you threaten him, be warned for he is armed with the most potent of ingredients that you might wish to think again in your endeavors of banditry.

Personality: Natholomew can come off as a snob whenever he speak to folk, but it is clear that he loves food a lot. He is a true connoisseur, but he is also a well-to-do merchant and takes no lick from petty thieves or sketchy individuals unlike himself. He is also a generous fellow, if someone is in need of help, his always up to give a helping hand and a half-price warm meal.

Background: Natholomew was born in the land of Dragon Riders, though he was a not a dragon rider himself, he sometimes dreamt of a life of adventure as a young lad. He was born into a family of bakers, baking bread was their life blood and Natholomew was a natural at it. Over the years, baking the bread was basically second nature to him, which was problem for it was too easy. So in order to challenge himself, he decided to direct himself to make other foods. It was a year long struggle of trials and tribulations, but he finally made something edible. For years he trained in the art of cutlery and became quite well-known in his town as a cook. It was then and their that he decided that it was time to travel. He said goodbye to his twin sisters and mother and father, and all the other townsfolk. Then he made a journey to hone his craft, but not only that, he wishes to taste the many dishes of this fine world that the Maker has created. So he searched around the lands til he found himself on Eastmark, hearing the meals are just as wild and rowdy as the frontier itself.

Background Archetype: Guild Artisan

Traits: I'm well known for my work, and I want to make sure everyone appreciates it. I'm always taken aback when people haven't heard of me.
I'm a snob who looks down on those who can't appreciate fine food. If you confuse porridge as the greatest food you've ever tasted, then clearly your not worth my time.
Ideal: Generosity. My talents were given to me by the Maker themselves, surely I should use them for the benefit of the world.
Bond: I searched the land to taste the greatest food, but all I found was unworthiness. I'm still looking for food that'd set my taste buds alight.
Flaw: I'm quick to assume that someone is trying to cheat me.

Contacts: Lady Creampuff, it's hard to believe but Natholomew has a sweetheart waiting at home. Her pastries certainly compliment his hearty dishes.

Bartholomew Lasagneow, Natholomew's rival in the battle of cookery. He looks like a well-to-do gentleman, they look parallel to each other. So they immediately hate each other.

Spaghettio Family, Natholomew still keeps in contact with his family and has started teaching them new bread related ingredients whenever he comes across another Baker shop.

Old Apr 12th, 2022, 11:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7709
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Withdrawn due to being accepted into another game and being at my limit. This sounds like a tremendously fun time though, hope everyone enjoys it!

Last edited by Grouchy; Apr 13th, 2022 at 11:41 PM.
Old Apr 13th, 2022, 01:32 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1081
Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete
Changed my app to a different character. It's complete, though I will add a writing sample detailing some exploit of the character. Would like feedback when the chance presents itself.
Old Apr 13th, 2022, 02:02 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3528
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
right-aligned image

Name: daggen

Gender Identity: male

Race: human ( Ceganastran)

Class: artificer (armorer)

Description: blond hair and blue eyes mark the rough exterior. He is shorter in height sometimes confused with a dwarf due to his profession. He caries his tools on his back and often wears a leather apron over gambison.

Personality: a tinker at heart blessed by the maker. Like his people he strives for perfection in his craft. He is willing to spend coin for the right oils and ores. He has lessons and experience for almost all occasions and likes to share. An expert in their craft only grows through the hammers of others.

Background: Talk about yourself. Who are you?

Where are you from?
Do you have family/friends?
Are they alive?
What persuaded you to head to Eastmark?
What are your goals in life?

Background Archetype: guild artisan

Personality Traits x2
/Ideal I always want to know how things work and what makes people tick.

I'm full of witty aphorisms and have a proverb for every occasion.
/Ideal
Aspiration. I work hard to be the best there is at my craft.
/Bond
I owe my guild a great debt for forging me into the person I am today. The sum being near fifty platinum though the experience is priceless and I do my best to pay that forward.
/Flaw:
I'm never satisfied with what I have – I always want more.

Contacts:
friendly, Robin cloudfang carpenter
5'7" brown mohawk blue eyes smells of alcohol. He is very talkative and recently inherited a homestead out here bringing me along for a fun adventure and to meet new people.
hostile, Loreena a female clothier. Shaved head and amber eyes that seem to have gold in them. She has a dark complexion and average height standing at 5'5". She often starts fights and is missing most of her left ear from this. She lies trying to piss people off. She gets my blood boiling why can't she just leave us good folk alone.

1 barda twoorb the fisherman. Scruffy black hair and blue eyes. The man's a mountain being about as tall as he is wide and he's no dwarf at near 6' in height. Hes very kind though believes in soul mates.

2 Margret caskbow a farmer. She is older yet athletic having curly white hair but standing at 5'7" with an athletic build. She prefers to be around her animals but is a great listener and advisor. I've used her wisdom numerous times when frustrated with Robin.

3forthwind the trader. He has rough sunburned skin with a scraggly grey beard. We have to go through him for coin but he keeps track of every copper that goes through thoughs grubby fingers and keeps score of every blight against him. He's fair in his trade though and respects fine work.

Writing Sample:

Last edited by delpinator; Apr 13th, 2022 at 04:43 AM.
Old Apr 13th, 2022, 02:51 AM
Confused and confounded

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32265
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy View Post
Interested. What are the typical physical attributes of each human race? e.g. skin tone, hair, eyes, build.
Great question.
The whole idea behind the cultural heritage is that at some point I want to be able to allow any race to pick any cultural heritage. Want to play a human raised by Trollkin, then you go with the base human, but add the Trollhemner heritage. Want a Trollkin that lived most its life in Jerghala? Well, mix the base race with that cultural heritage and boom.

I am not done fiddling about with that quite yet, though, so for now I'm going to keep it a bit more tight.

In terms of physical attributes, I can tell you what historical cultures and people served as the background for each playable culture here. I'll add this to the first page as well, for future reference.

Caldaria: Caldaria is envisioned as a mixture of medieval England and Brittany with a hint of Nordic influences.
Beroul: France, but with people flying and breeding drakes and wyverns.
Soln: Is Mid/late Denmark/Holy Roman Empire. They, without out a doubt are the biggest military power on the continent.
Ceganastra: Was originally inspired by the Babylonians, especially with their hanging gardens, though I think in my head I have them pushed more into Egypt or Libya by now. They used to be one of the most advanced civilizations, before they where, quite literally, sent into a hell of their own making.

Continuing with the other races
Jerghala: Was inspired heavily by Persia and Phoenicia. Instead of the Scottish vikings I wanted my dwarves to be seafarers, caravaners and clad in silk and gleaming armor. The City of Djeb Sherik is also one I am personally looking forward to exploring, as that has by far been one of the most exciting places for me to flesh out.
Trollkin: Come from a heavy Norse background. And Trollkin raiders in longboats most certainly are a thing (and likely something that makes most Caldarians a bit wobbly at the knees).

I hope that helps in creating some form of imagery of the different people.
That doesn't mean you should feel forced to go with anything in terms of physical look or build, it is just where I drew inspiration from, both in terms of their regional climate but also in what they dress themselves in, how their architecture looks and how they have managed to carve out kingdoms and empires for themselves.
Old Apr 13th, 2022, 04:13 AM
Confused and confounded

Tools
User Statistics
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Effete View Post
Can I change out some proficiencies from the Soldier background to better fit a cavalryman?
We can certainly look into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effete View Post

What would I need to sacrifice to begin with an exotic mount (essentially a giant lizard)?
Unless its part of your lvl 1 starting equipment, you will not begin the game with a mount, exotic or otherwise. Sorry.

Last edited by Thorsten; Apr 13th, 2022 at 04:23 AM.
Old Apr 13th, 2022, 04:49 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1081
Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorsten View Post
We can certainly look into that.
Nah, I got it sorted. Thanks tho.

Quote:
Unless its part of your lvl 1 starting equipment, you will not begin the game with a mount, exotic or otherwise. Sorry.
Drats! Oh, well.
Old Apr 13th, 2022, 05:45 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16689
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
This is a very interesting setting, it has my mind whirling with ideas!

One question which I don't think has been answered; are dragons in this setting intelligent? The description of how the Berou tamed drakes and dragons makes me think not but I can't tell for sure.
Old Apr 13th, 2022, 05:58 AM
Confused and confounded

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
This is a very interesting setting, it has my mind whirling with ideas!

One question which I don't think has been answered; are dragons in this setting intelligent? The description of how the Berou tamed drakes and dragons makes me think not but I can't tell for sure.
Are dragons intelligent? Yes. Do they have ability to speak with the eloquence of Benedict Cumberbatch and transform into other races to walk among them? Perhaps not so much. At least not your regular "everyday" dragon. (There are, of course, legends and myths that would claim otherwise, but whether that is actually something that holds any truth to it, is not known).

The things Beroulons breed in stables and ride into battle would perhaps more adequately be dubbed drakes or wyverns to draconic aficionados. It just doesn't sound as cool to Beroulons, hence they are "dragons" and the people riding them, "dragon knights".
Old Apr 13th, 2022, 07:33 AM
A is for ASSKICKING!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12115
XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor
Roskva - WIPName: Roskva The Curseling
right-aligned image

Gender Identity: Female (She/Her)

Race: Trollkin

Class: Blood Hunter (reflavored)

Description: Roskva is a young ash-skinned Trollkin about 7'5'' tall. Her heavyset frame and the red tribal paint she colors her body mark her as a warrior of her proud race. Her brow is adorned by a set of horns that gently curve upwards into black points. She carries a few pieces of jewelry, which adorn the length of her horns. A dried crow's foot is fastened around her neck with a length of white twine. One thing that stands out about her person is her long stark-white hair.

Personality: Stoic and silent, Roskva keeps her demons behind her quiet demeanor. She is a warrior foremost and keeps an air of martial pride about her as her people are known for. Rather than jump head-first into combat, however, she keeps her poise; The patient hunter gets the prey, the reckless one becomes it. Despite her nomadic upbringing, she respects the cultures of other people. Her trust, however, is not easily earned; this distrust towards other humans has only strengthened after her encounter with Brixley de Rosh.

After the Curse of the Crow was cast upon her, she hopes she can find a cure, or, at the very least, control the evil impulses the hex tempts her to do. (In essence to continue the Order of Lycon and stay being a wereraven, rid the curse and choose Order of the Ghostslayer or come to an understanding with the Raven and Choose Order of the Profane Soul).

Background: Magic runs in the blood: To some more than others. Some are blessed with the lineage of powerful ancestors. Some will have to study hard the arcane arts to produce even a spark from their fingertips. But there is magic in the red vitae. To the Trollkin, rugged like the cold northern mountains and savage like the wild, it runs like the rivers in their blood. While most will use their powers to fuel their martial prowess and throw themselves into a berserk frenzy, some of the more patient Trollkin, namely the Völva of the white-haired witches, mix curses with their blood to hinder their enemies with hexes.

Roskva learned the powers of the blood from her mother, Eirya. Although her blood was strong she equally excelled in hunting monsters with the other huntsmen of the tribe. The Maker and the stars would have made her a prominent völva if calamity hadn't struck. One night after a celebratory seidr ritual, Roskva was harassed by nightmares. She dreamt of darkness, the rustling of black feathers, and of unblinking round crow eyes. The dreams continued many nights, each time more intense than the previous. Eirya consulted the wise tribeswomen their nomadic tribe came across, but none of their advice or remedies helped ease the nightmares. At last, Eirya asked the advice of the spirits of the lands. Apart from a mummified crow's foot, which would sooth Roskva's harrowing nightmares, the spirits advised that the young Trollkin had to partake a spirit quest. Eager to rid herself of the malady, Roskva left her tribe the next day.

Following the migratory path of birds southwards, past the Hollow Hills and into the Southlands as her people called them , Roskva came upon a mercenary band. Their leader, Braxley de Rosh, was a charismatic leader, but one with a vicious mind. He persuaded the giantess to join his band. In return for her services, she would see the Southlands without the inhabitant's resentment of her race. Feeling her spirit quest had led her to this point, Roskva accepted. Through the following months, she saw much of the northern part of the Southlands. Braxley taught her how to use a crossbow, a weapon foreign to her race. Because of her large size, her crossbow was custom-made to fit her large physique.

As the months passed Roskva grew closer to Braxley. Though what love between them was platonic, she valued his presence and skill-at-arms. All that changed the night Braxley ordered an attack on a far-flung settlement. The settlers had experienced the worst harvest in decades and when Braxley asked for food and supplies for his mercenaries, the poor farmers balked: if they shared the food with the cutthroats, there wouldn't be enough to survive the harsh northern winter. Infuriated by the farmers' unkindness, Braxley ordered his men to sack the settlement and burn it down to the ground. Braxley's callousness caught Roskva with surprise: it was a side of him she had never seen before. Trollkin are known to raid the Southlands, from land or from their longboats, but this slaughter did shake Roskva to her core. Braxley was like the monsters she hunted.

Unable to strike the mercenary leader down, she spat at his feet and pledged a terrible oath: That he will taste the teeth of her blade after his mouth is filled with the dust of everything around him. Then she left the carnage behind and pursued her own way.

Background Archetype: Haunted One

Personality Traits:
- I live for the thrill of the hunt.
- I don't like talk about the thing that torments me. I'd rather not burden others with my curse.

- I kill monsters to make Jörd a safer place and to silence my own demons.

- There is evil in me, I can feel it. I must harness it or become the hunted.

- I have little respect for anyone who is not a proven warrior.

Contacts:
Eirya: Roskva's mother and powerful Völve of their nomadic tribe. A strong woman with a mysterious air around her.

Andil: Roskva's older brother and one of the best hunters of the tribe. He taught Roskva how to hunt and is competitive in almost every endeavor.

Braxley de Rosh: Roskva encountered this mercenary captain shortly into her walkabout. He saw potential in working together with the Trollkin and convinced her to join his mercenary group. However, during a raid of a backwater settlement, Roskva was horrified by Braxley and his hired goons' callousness as they murdered and plundered. Roskva swore a bitter oath to end his tyranny before she had to flee from the mercenaries.

Writing Sample:

Last edited by XQbitor; May 2nd, 2022 at 02:05 AM.
Old Apr 13th, 2022, 09:31 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 458
MercurialJack MercurialJack MercurialJack MercurialJack MercurialJack
Thorsten, please consider my application as relatively done now, happy to await any feedback you might have!
Old Apr 13th, 2022, 09:47 AM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Hello DM! I changed Thomman to Rune Knight. I see him as having birthmarks (Runes) since birth and not realizing their significance until the story is under way. I will use Tasha's unarmed fighting style and turn him into a brawler/grappler. Some of the fluff surrounding the rune knight is that they get bigger but I was thinking that considering the setting we could forgo that as Thomman is already a giant of a man.

Last edited by Begon Ugo; Apr 13th, 2022 at 11:03 AM.
Old Apr 13th, 2022, 11:38 AM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
I do believe that Thomman is all set. Application complete!