DnD5e Chronicles of Jrd: Troubled Lands - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 13th, 2022, 05:21 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1793
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Gore Shaleskin
Race: Trollkin
Class: Paladin
Background: Soldier
Gender Identity: Male

Appearance:
Gore is a unique member of the Trollkin society. He Has less impressive head gear than his kin folk. With no full curl, rather a bent and twisted angular set of horns which point backwards away from his head. His mother always called this his crown, as it was seen as special among their people. He is smaller and more compact than some of his brethren, but mighty and formidable in any case. He stands at a manageable 7 feet tall, weighing in around 270lbs without armor. His skin is matte grey with very feint blue and brown hues. His eyes are a dark shade of yellow, chaotic yet beautiful in their own right. He wears circlets and bands around his powerful arms with sleeves of leather and cloth. His chest is protected by a strong plate while his legs are left mostly exposed. He makes any piece of steel a weapon, but prefers the agility of a blade over most else.

Personality:
Gore is stern and straight to the point. He is not shy, not classy and not one to back down from a fight. He is no barbaric champion hell bent on destruction though. Rather an envoy of protection. He still harbours anger and aggression, but over time has learned how to harness it and to re purpose it. He is a proud Trollkin and would do well by his tribe.

Background:
Gore hails from the frigid north lands of trollhem, specifically born into a nomadic tribe of hunting and gathering craftsman focussed around the wild nature and said to be protected by or descendants of, a great nature spirit. His people were for the most part removed from the other tribes wars, but not entirely exempt as they on occasion fought for their lives as well. The exemption from war mostly due to claiming no real lands of their own, so territory rights never became an issue. Most tribes found their allegiance more welcome than not, as they provided needed supplies other might not come by as easily.

Gore was deemed by his mother, the appointed chieftess, to be that of guardian, Hunter and protector of his mobile village. While others had similar duties and titles, no one excelled as predominantly as Gore. He was strong, agile and tended to think things through more so than his fellow tribesman. He used his head in battle, not just the brawn they are born with. This gave him a unique advantage among the warriors.

Gores hatred and loathing of Jaxis has brought him here to eastmark. He searches for his favoured enemy, hoping to bring justice to the wrongs he has committed.

Contacts

Mother - Chieftess Ryx Shaleskin - current and long lasting leader of the band. Sworn into power by her father after she saved his life, proving her strength out weighed his own. She is a Formidable warrior, a tolerant leader and a protective mother.

Cherrawl aka Chimera Hopeful lover, childhood sweetheart. Beautiful by Trollkin standards. Fearsome Amazon like hunter. Gore and Cherrawl came up together. They hunted and fought side by side, often competing for supremacy and bragging rights among the tribe.

Dorn Daggerhorn - Fellow tribesman and crafter - Known for his quality craftsmanship and the one broken and jagged horn upon his head. Friend of most, but not all.

Jaxis- An enemy he has only fought once. An extremely animalistic, barbaric hellion of a Trollkin. Gore witnessed Jaxis murder a family of innocents in cold blood. This family was under the protection of Gore. He now hunts Jaxis and trains for the day he faces him again.

Personality

Trait 1 - I dont take well to intimidation.

Trait 2 - if I say it will be so, it will be so.

Ideal - the land is our life. Our life is the land.

Bond - I will crush the evil one who committed the cardinal sin.

Flaw - I have little respect for those who are not proven warriors.

Last edited by Jrod; Apr 24th, 2022 at 10:35 PM.
Old Apr 14th, 2022, 12:05 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6336
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
Couple of Questions: 1st, is Multiclassing a thing? And 2nd, is there an expected end level to this game (no sense in planning out a progression to level 10 if we're stopping around level 4) ?

Application
left-aligned image

Name: Alestair Camden
Gender Identity: Cis Male
Race: Human (Caldarian)
Class: Fighter

Appearance: Streaks of grey run through thick braided hair like the thin rivers of mud and piss that permeate the low road through Eastmark's busy markets. All while big, caring eyes, peek out from beneath a thick, bushy brow brow. His skin is fair, a sign that unlike the less fortunate, he has not had to endure hard labor in the mines, or work camps, that dot the lands of Jord. Alestair wears fine travelling clothes, stitched together with care, and imported from far off lands. Everything about his accoutrement screams exquisite quality and craftsmanship... This is not your run of the mill wardrobe.

Personality: Generally friendly and open to his lessers, Alestair still draws a fine line with authority and respect. He has come to understand that fraternization is acceptable, as long as the pretense of order is followed. After all, he's not under the watchful eyes of the Magistrate anymore. So what's wrong with having a little fun in your life?

Backstory: Raised with the knowledge that his family was Noblity, and therefore to be given due respect. Alestair spent much of his early life as what could be described a spoiled bully. So enraptured with the notion that people owed him something by the grace of his birth, his haughty superiority caused many clashes with the common folk who dared not bow to his station in life. Eventually this distasteful behavior, was displayed at an inopportune time, directed at the son of another Noble. As such, the biting mandible of structured society quickly clamped it's jaws tightly on the poor soul. And with his reputation being found wanting, Alestair was cast out from his family's holdings. Sentenced to travel the roads and byways of the real world, to live as a wanderer for 40 years (Or the rest of his natural life, whichever came first) It was hoped this harsh punishment would teach the lad some respect for the station that he had lauded over so many for so long. While it was decided that his family would still be allowed to support him financially, sending care packages, or monies as required, he has been forbidden direct contact with them. And ordered to never to hold lands, nor property, nor return home, before his penance be done. This ongoing task of self-improvement has been met with moderate success over the past 14 years. Though in all honesty, he still cares for good food, fine wines, and bawdy company, more than is appropriate. The fact he has cash on retainer has meant his life remains privileged, if less prestigious than before.

-X-X-X-
Noble Background
Trait #1 I take great pains to always look my best, and follow the latest fashions.
Trait #2 I have a strong sense of fair play, always striving to find the best solutions to arguments.
Ideal
It is my duty to respect the higher authority, just as those below me must respect mine.
Bond
My Family/Clan is the most important thing in my life, even when they're far from me.
Flaw
I am a little too enamored with Ale, Wine, and 'Other' intoxicants.

List of Contacts:

Name:
Relationship:
Cecilia Camden
Alestair's Mother and chief point of contact for his support packages. His exile has not only strained his relationship with her, but also between Cecilia and Caemeron her husbandNeutral
Rose McFayden
The object of Alestair's affections, Rose is a minstrel who's beauty of voice is only matched by the beauty of her face. She appears indifferent but maybe that will change? Neutral
Thomas Raine
Thomas is the closest thing Alestair currently has to a friend, a sad state of affairs considering he is actually a family retainer Friendly
Stewart of Aucoin
The reason for all of Alestair's woes. If only the brat would have fought his own battles... Why'd he have to go and get the Magistrate involved? Rival

I am envisioning someone similar to Danny McBride's character Thadeous, from the movie Your Highness (2011)
Old Apr 14th, 2022, 12:36 AM
Confused and confounded

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32265
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alemar View Post
Couple of Questions: 1st, is Multiclassing a thing? And 2nd, is there an expected end level to this game (no sense in planning out a progression to level 10 if we're stopping around level 4) ?
1st: Sure, within the parameters of a setting (you cannot multiclass to or from druid). The setting may be different and the races not what you are used to, but mechanics-wise this is still 5th ed.

2nd: No, there isn't an expected end level. That said, this is pbp, and the longest still-living game I've been in has seen me go from lvl 3 to 6 in a period of about 4 actual years. As is always my suggestion when playing PbP's, don't create a character you would want to play in 10 levels. Play a character you would want to play right now.

Last edited by Thorsten; Apr 14th, 2022 at 12:45 AM.
Old Apr 14th, 2022, 10:32 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19440
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Kinya is complete!
Old Apr 14th, 2022, 11:07 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6336
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
Good enough, Alestair's complete and ready for review
Old Apr 14th, 2022, 10:38 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 874
theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster theclaytster
Question about Watchers. They can cast disguise self. What is the duration? Standard spell period or is it until they cast it again?
Old Apr 15th, 2022, 01:19 AM
Confused and confounded

Tools
User Statistics
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
Quote:
Originally Posted by theclaytster View Post
Question about Watchers. They can cast disguise self. What is the duration? Standard spell period or is it until they cast it again?
Standard spell duration.
Old Apr 15th, 2022, 03:26 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 211
DiceGoblin DiceGoblin DiceGoblin
Application-WIP
right-aligned image

Name: Callum Allerion

Gender Identity: Male

Race: Human, Calderian

Class: Ranger

Description: Callum is small, standing at only 5' 5" with a thin build. He has fair skin and a face with soft features, full lips, and large brilliant blue eyes. Though his eyes aren't the first thing you notice, it's the dark circles underneath them. His auburn hair kept longish and unkempt, as if he's just rolled out of the bed. He dresses in simple, comfortable clothing, preferring earthy tones to anything else. No matter how hot it gets he always wears layers. Everything Callum owns in a bit worn and tattered, his armor has definitely seen more battles than he has. His cloak is dull green-gray, except the hood which is an entirely different darker green.

Personality: If you were to pick a single word to describe Callum it would be quiet, or skittish. He always knows where his escape routes are. His head is always on a swivel, watching everything and everyone around him as if he's expecting someone to try and hurt him. When it comes to battle the natural paranoid fear lessens. He's less afraid when he's fighting for his life than just sitting in a tavern surrounded by people. At least in battle you know where the threat in. As for the pain, well it doesn't appear to bother him too much unless it gets really bad. Though he doesn't get to do it much anymore, Callum really enjoys cooking and baking. In the kitchen he is at his most relaxed, and happiest.

Background: Callum was born in one one of Calderia's provinces, Haldane, in an area known for it's ore rich mountains. In a mining town at the base of it's largest mountain. His father was the owner of one of the larger mining companies in town, the Silver Brands. Callum's three older brothers and his father are always quick to remind him of the event that was his birth. Apparently he was born 'arse-first' which was wrong. His mother died days after giving birth to him, due to complications from the tough birth. Callum has always been blamed for it.

Much of Callum's childhood is going to be secreted for epic reveals later, but this is what I can say. Callum's father was changed after the death of his wife and became an angry and abusive man. Callum did not have a happy childhood and it shaped his fearful nature and the fact that he's always expecting someone to hurt him.

Callum was thirteen when he first went up to explore the mountains and began spending more time up there than at home. He would bring supplies for several days at a time and sometimes spend a week or two at a camp surviving off the land and practicing archery. Callum was fourteen when a creature attacked a group of Silver Brand miners. He wasn't even close to being strong enough to beat it. But he managed to piss it off enough to buy time until the guard appeared, while it beat him to pulp. Not a single miner was injured. It was the one and only time that Callum would see pride in his father's eyes. Weeks later when he was healed, Callum would be given a gift, sort of. It wasn't new but he was given a set of leather armor that one his brothers had outgrown. It was already worn from battle, but it was much better protection than a tunic.

At fifteen, Callum finally had the skills, the coin, and the equipment to flee his home. So he did. He's been wandering for years, never staying too long in one place. Always looking over his shoulder in fear that his father will send somebody to drag him back. Callum has met some friendly, and not so friendly, people over the years. Though one he seems to keep running into is the traveling merchant Godan. Godan will usually offer Callum a ride in his wagon to wherever he is going in return for protection. Which is how Callum has ended up in Eastmark.

Background Archetype: Outlander

Personality Traits: Sleep is for the safe, I am not.
I will keep any secret given to me, for I want others to do the same for mine.

Ideal: Escape. One day I will shed all my bindings. Until then I shall keep fighting for it.

Bond: All I live for is survival. One day I want to find a reason to truly live.

Flaw: I cannot bring myself to let my guard down around others.

Contacts:
Revar Allerion, Callum's abusive father. An awful, awful, man who Callum hopes he never has to see again. Hostile.

Jusad Allerion, Callum's oldest brother and the one set to take over the Silver Brand Mining Company one day. A mama's boy who still blames Callum from the death of their mother. Neutral.

Oskar Allerion, the second of Callum's older brothers, a skilled blacksmith. The closest of his siblings to Callum and the only one who he ever wishes to see again. Friendly.

Emeth Allerion, the third of Callum's brothers, died six years in a mining accident. Callum doesn't know he's dead.

Godan Shornon, the kindly older merchant who allowed Callum to ride with him to Eastmark. Told Callum to seek him out if he ever needed anything. Friendly.

Last edited by DiceGoblin; Apr 20th, 2022 at 12:13 PM.
Old Apr 15th, 2022, 03:58 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1081
Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete
Added a writing sample and made some minor additions. The core background is the same, I just added in a few more details to spruce it up.
Old Apr 15th, 2022, 04:17 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 965
Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf
Definitely interested!

I will post a character concept once I'm back from holiday on the 19th. Most likely, a Watcher Druid , I am drawn to their backstory and lore.

That being said, any Druid circle restriction in Jrd? Circle of Stars seems like a good fit for a Watcher - and can be easily reskinned to fit the lore.

Last edited by Bjorgulf; Apr 15th, 2022 at 04:26 AM. Reason: added idea about circle.
Old Apr 15th, 2022, 05:35 AM
Confused and confounded

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorgulf View Post
Definitely interested!

I will post a character concept once I'm back from holiday on the 19th. Most likely, a Watcher Druid , I am drawn to their backstory and lore.

That being said, any Druid circle restriction in Jrd? Circle of Stars seems like a good fit for a Watcher - and can be easily reskinned to fit the lore.
No circle restrictions.
Old Apr 15th, 2022, 08:53 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 211
DiceGoblin DiceGoblin DiceGoblin
Callum should be done. I am pretty unsure about this character. He's something I've never played. Any and all feedback would be appreciated.
Old Apr 17th, 2022, 02:59 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1081
Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete
Added a second writing sample from a moment in Jaquin's youth, just to add a bit more flesh to his backstory.
Old Apr 17th, 2022, 05:23 AM
Confused and confounded

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Effete View Post
Added a second writing sample from a moment in Jaquin's youth, just to add a bit more flesh to his backstory.
Duly noted.

@Everyone - I will probably give a bit of feedback to anyone listed as done when we are done with Easter. Likely tuesday.
Old Apr 17th, 2022, 05:40 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2351
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Well, I'm done as I can be with my app. I didn't add a writing sample if that's okay with you,