DnD5e Chronicles of Jrd: Troubled Lands - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 20th, 2022, 06:34 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16705
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Hey, Thorsten. Rathe is ready for review.
Old Apr 20th, 2022, 06:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1793
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
My application should be mostly complete
Old Apr 20th, 2022, 08:26 PM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1584
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
Ive made some revisions to Valeera. Her story is a bit more flushed out concept streamlined and I included some notes.
Old Apr 21st, 2022, 07:41 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6703
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
right-aligned image

Name: Morholt Caster
Race: human Ceganastran
Class: wizard
Background: sage
Personality Traits: I always want to know how things work and what makes people tick
I love a good mystery

Ideal: Knowledge, knowledge is the key to making the world a better place

Bond: One day I will prove that I my magic is a gift and not a curse

Flaw: My curiosity trumps my common sense.

Theme song: Force of Nature

Appearance: Morholt is a small scrawny young man standing at 5’2 and weighing 105 pounds. He often makes himself appear even smaller by shrining in on himself and lowering his head to those who confront him. He wears black robes and often keeps his hood up to hide his skin which is covered in strange writing that even he can’t decipher. He carries around a staff with him and a large ancient tome. When casting magic, his eyes turn completely black and even seem to emit wafts of smoke.

Personality: Morholt is an odd mix of irrepressible curiosity, nave optimism, and subdued timidness depending on the situation. At his core he wants to learn everything he can and help everyone he meets, but when challenged by others he is quick be to become submissive and withdrawn as he is acutely aware of how small and weak he is compared to most men. Morholt is extremely reluctant to hurt anyone he considered a person, but if a person demonstrates unremorseful cruelty, he unpersons them and considers them monsters which he is all to happy to exterminate.

Morholts favorite activities include exploring tombs, uncovering mysteries, reading books, and helping people.

Backstory:
Morholt was born in a town called Baynock which was a relatively small frontier village that was something of a mixing pot of cultures. His family was of Ceganastran descent and were well off which afforded him the privilege of an education, and he soon expressed a lust for learning which took precedence over any physical activities resulting in his stunted development. Morholt read everything he could get his hands on from history to fantasy, and his mind soaked it all up like a sponge.

Unfortunately, his academic interests made him no friends with the other boys his age in the village, who were more traditionally masculine in nature. One Caldarian boy in particular named Helrato seemed to delight in bullying and abusing the smaller, weaker boy. This caused Morholt to become depressed, withdrawn, and unsocial. He spent more and more time inside studying and less time trying to make friends.

Then one day when he was sixteen, Morholt was exploring the attic when he discovered a hidden compartment containing his great grandfather’s journal. In it he learned that the origin of his family’s name was from an ancestor who was a magic caster named Gish. His great grandfather Mealegant had found his resting place but died before being able to explore it.

Filled with dreams of adventure and discovery, Morholt gathered his two friends friends the twin sisters, Mira and Millet. Mira was a tomboy who was the brawn of the group. She liked to tease Morholt but would often defend him from his bullies. Milla was more feminine and acted as the diplomat while Morholt was the brains. The three of them set out on an adventure to find the tomb which was only a few miles away from the town.

It took them a full day to find the tomb hidden within the side of a cliff with a magical illusion which amazed the three friends and confirmed to Morholt that his ancestor was indeed a spell caster. They explored the tomb discovering many fascinating things, but the biggest surprise came when they found a throne instead of a sarcophagus with Gish sitting atop it.

Even more surprising was when Gish lifted his head and greeted his guests.

The three friends were terrified, but Gish recognized Morholt as one of his blood and so promised their safety. The two had a long conversation which ended with Gish gifting his descended a spellbook in order for the boy to continue his work, hoping a fresh perspective might lead to a break through on understanding the secrets of the world and beyond. Overjoyed, Morholt returned to Baynock with his two friends, all of which agreed to keep their exploits a secret.

Morholt spent the next year studying Gish’s book, trying to translate it and practice the spells that he could. Every time he successfully learned one he became ecstatic and showed off to the girls. Unfortunately, his enthusiasm led to complacency, and one day Helrato saw Morholt cast a spell. The bully immediately confronted Morholt about it, and despite Mira’s efforts to defend Morholt, a fight broke out. In the midst of it, anger overtook Morholt, and his eyes turned black as script from the book came to life and covered his body. Morholt used his chill touch spell creating a skeletal spectral hand which grabbed the bigger boy by the throat. Everyone watched in horror as Morholt nearly killed Helrato until Millet begged him to stop. Regaining his senses, Morholt ceased his attack, but the damage was done.

Word spread fast through the town, and it wasn’t long before Morholt was labeled a witch and chased out. Mira and Millet helped him escape but could not go with him. they bid a tearful farewell, and Morholt head out into the world.

Now he arrives in Eastmark trying to make his way in the world. his travels have shown him how dangerous the road is, and so he seeks kindred spirits to be his companion as he continues to unravel the secrets of Gish’s tome and the writing that now covers his skin.

Contacts:
Camden: 37 years old male father and merchant. He supports his son as much as he can while being careful not to lead any enemies to him.
Mira : 17 year old female tomboy and childhood friend. she is protective of the smaller weaker boy and her twin sister Millet. after Morholt left, she and her sister became adventurers to try and find Morholt in order to help him.
Millet: 17 year old female and childhood friend. after Morholt left, she and her sister became adventurers to try and find Morholt in order to help him.
Helrato: 18 year old boy and bully. Morholt almost killed him with magic. After the incident, Helrato went insane having his foundation of reality broken. the strong dominate the weak. someone weak like Morholt shouldn't be able to beat someone strong like him. he became obsessed with hunting Morholt and other witches like him down and joined a fanatical group seeking to purge magic users. he became a paladin in this order and has been trained by the groups leader, a master swordsman named Escaldos.
Gish: A 600 year old lich who is bound to his tomb. he gave Morholt his spell book to carry out his work.

RP Sample:

Quote: knowledge is power

Last edited by Togot; Apr 27th, 2022 at 02:24 PM.
Old Apr 22nd, 2022, 05:51 AM
A is for ASSKICKING!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12115
XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor
Okay, Roskva's app is (almost) done and ready for a review.

I'm refluffing Blood Hunter in two ways: One, is the normal level progression, and the other is the curse that is cast upon her. At first, they are only dreams (1-2 lvl), but manifest itself when she reaches lvl 3 and picks Order of the Lycan. This won't be a werewolf she transforms into, but into a troll-crow hybrid ala this (or this if we are feeling particular nasty). Tell me what you think

Oh, haven't I asked you before if you're danish?
Old Apr 22nd, 2022, 06:02 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6703
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
morholt is ready for review
Old Apr 22nd, 2022, 07:33 AM
Confused and confounded

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32265
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
Quote:
Originally Posted by XQbitor View Post
Okay, Roskva's app is (almost) done and ready for a review.

I'm refluffing Blood Hunter in two ways: One, is the normal level progression, and the other is the curse that is cast upon her. At first, they are only dreams (1-2 lvl), but manifest itself when she reaches lvl 3 and picks Order of the Lycan. This won't be a werewolf she transforms into, but into a troll-crow hybrid ala this (or this if we are feeling particular nasty). Tell me what you think

Oh, haven't I asked you before if you're danish?
I am. Born and bred

I could see that refluffing work. I'll go a bit in-depth about that when I find some time to give some feedback.
Old Apr 22nd, 2022, 10:19 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3389
cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina
Thorsten, I am ready for feedback at this point. I have some specific questions to you in the application.
Old Apr 22nd, 2022, 02:39 PM
A is for ASSKICKING!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12115
XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor XQbitor
Old Apr 24th, 2022, 04:24 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2185
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
left-aligned image
Saskia (1)
HP: 9/9 | AC 18 | PP: 15 | Prof: +2 | Status: Normal
HD: 1/1d8 | STR 8(-1), DEX 14(+2), CON 12(+1), INT 10(+0), WIS 17(+3), CHA 14(+2)Stats
Race: ASI: +2 WIS, +1 CHA
Skills: Persuasion and one other skill (History)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Ceganastran and speak two extra languages of your choice (Jerghalan, Trolltunga).
Ceganastran Class:
Armor: Light armor, medium armor, heavy armor, shields
Weapons: Simple weapons
Skills: Arcana, Insight
Acolyte of Nature: At 1st level, you learn one druid cantrip of your choice (Shillelagh). This cantrip counts as a cleric cantrip for you, but it doesn’t count against the number of cleric cantrips you know. You also gain proficiency in one of the following skills of your choice: Animal Handling, (Nature), or Survival.
Nature Cleric | Background: Skill Proficiencies: Medicine, Religion
Tool Proficiencies: Herbalism kit
Languages: One of your choice (Primordial)
Hermit | Background Feature: The quiet seclusion of your extended hermitage gave you access to a unique and powerful discovery. The exact nature of this revelation depends on the nature of your seclusion. It might be a great truth about the cosmos, the deities, the powerful beings of the outer planes, or the forces of nature. It could be a site that no one else has ever seen. You might have uncovered a fact that has long been forgotten, or unearthed some relic of the past that could rewrite history. It might be information that would be damaging to the people who consigned you to exile, and hence the reason for your return to society.

Work with your DM to determine the details of your discovery and its impact on the campaign.
Discovery | You can speak, read, and write Ceganastran, Jerghalan, and Trolltunga.Languages

Application
Name: Saskia

Gender Identity: Female

Race: Ceganastran

Class: Cleric

Description: Saskia is a human woman with green eyes and black hair to her shoulders, garbed in bulky robes.

Personality: She can come across as har hara little cold, but that is partially from a non-expressive face and partially from her commitment to the cycle of nature that speaks to her.
Trait:I am utterly serene, even in the face of disaster.
Trait:I connect everything that happens to me to a grand, cosmic plan.
Ideal:Logic. Emotions must not cloud our sense of what is right and true, or our logical thinking. (Lawful)
Bond:I’m still seeking the enlightenment I pursued in my seclusion, and it still eludes me.
Flaw:I am dogmatic in my thoughts and philosophy.

Background: Saskia is a cleric of the order of St. Hoth, which focused on stewardship of the Maker's creation, and had gone into seclusion to get in touch with nature and to better attune to her chosen saint, who was deemed a passion bearer after having frozen to death in the far north. She left her hermitage as the abbot had sent her on a pilgrimage to other institutions, to broaden her understanding of nature before returning to Hoth's. She's traveling through Eastmark on her way, stopping to rest a while before continuing.

Contacts: Abbot Carmichael: head of the hermitage. Sister Freya: introduced her to the order. Hilda: older girl who enjoyed tormenting her when they were kids, would likely try to start trouble if she recognized Saskia.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by FatherDondo; May 2nd, 2022 at 09:20 PM.
Old Apr 24th, 2022, 06:30 AM
Confused and confounded

Tools
User Statistics
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
A bit of feedback for a few characters. More to come later.

Last edited by Thorsten; Apr 24th, 2022 at 09:30 AM.
Old Apr 24th, 2022, 09:10 AM
Confused and confounded

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by Thorsten; Apr 24th, 2022 at 09:14 AM.
Old Apr 24th, 2022, 12:06 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16705
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Old Apr 24th, 2022, 01:02 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1793
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod

Last edited by Jrod; Apr 24th, 2022 at 01:37 PM.
Old Apr 25th, 2022, 07:29 AM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8262
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Application Format
right-aligned image

Name: Eli 'Gravetouched' <Surname unknown to him>Nordwin

Gender Identity: Male

Race: Human- Caldarian

Class: Warlock

Description: Eli is a rather unfortunate looking individual with rather pallid pale looking skin, his face is rather on the skinny side having an underfed and malnourished look and his cheek bones are rather apparent beneath his thin pale skin giving him an appearance that some would call gaunt or even skeletal. If this was not enough to make Eli stand out in a crowd his hair is an unnatural looking bleached white colour, his eyes a striking amber with almost a glow to them and his face has been marred by a scar down the entire length of one side of his face. If one were able to look past the pale complexion and the malnourished flesh there is the slightest hint of nobility to Eli's appearance and if the young man could ever recover to full health his appearance would be much improved.

Eli most often dresses in raggedy, mismatched and ill fighting clothing that has been stained or faded in the sun from years of use. His clothes are often heavily patched and stitched back together and lack any sense of style or cohesion whatsoever. It is rather easy to mistake Eli for a vagabond or a beggar. Eli's outfit will often include a hood so that the young man can easily hide his face from those around him.

Eli has a slight limping gait and a cough or a slight wheeze are the young man's constant companions. He has a number of nervous ticks including fiddling with his clothing or constantly messing up his hair, nibbling on his lip or inanely whispering to himself. In addition to this Eli's innate powers have a tendency to manifest at unexpected times particularly when he is feeling strong emotions, it is not unusual to find Eli shrouded in a small cloud of personal darkness that wraps around him like a cloak or to find him being pestered by bugs that are not actually there and even sometimes the voices that Eli can hear can be heard by all around him.

Personality: Eli is a haunted soul that is troubled by the whispers from the beyond. He has trouble focusing on anything in particular due to what he describes as voices constantly whispering in his ears. He is paranoid and highly superstitious reading meaning in to everything that he sees. Eli comes across as a rather timid and meek individual avoiding conflict with other people whenever possible. This is not due to Eli being a coward as many mistake Eli for but due to the fact that under the surface a deep growing rage for those who have wronged him over the years has been steadily growing and Eli fears that if ever let himself give in to the rage he would not be able to control himself and hold himself back. It also does not help that some of the voices that Eli constantly hears urge him to do just that and give in to the rage and unleash vengeance upon the world.

For someone suffering from a number of dark emotions Eli can be rather nave at times, he has grown up for much of his life in seclusion so at times can have trouble understanding others. Eli's deepest heartfelt desire is to merely be accepted and to find a place to call home however he fears opening himself up to the possibility of being rejected. Despite the voices that often tell him to do bad things, Eli believes in doing what is right. He does not want to hurt anyone and he hates violence but on some level he has accepted that he will never be free of it.

Background: Eli's parent's were a Lord and Lady of Caldaria who had tried for years to have a child but with little success. There were rumors that Lady Nordwin had had a number of miscarriages before Eli was born. In their desperation it is rumored that they tried everything from herbalists concoctions to the blessings of the priesthood before eventually turning to darker methods. Some say that the Lord and his wife made a pact with an old crone or a servant of the Crow itself before they were finally able to produce a child. Eli however was not the child they had been hoping for, he was sickly from birth and marked by a rather strange appearance being both pale of skin and pale of hair. The pair kept the birth a secret and had servants raise the child behind closed doors. As Eli grew older his parents began to grow more and more concerned. The young infant would act strangely and mutter to himself in a strange voice and often in a strange tongue. Eventually deciding that they had made a grave mistake in having the child they abandoned the boy and had him sent away as an orphan to a distant piece of land that the family owned.

Eli then spent his youth as a farm hand a job he was never very good at given his frail body and constant ill health. The boy's strange appearance and unusual behavior also meant that he was shunned by most of the other workers and bullied by a few. As Eli grew older his treatment at the farm eventually grew so bad that he ran away and fled.

For the next few years Eli survived on his own in the wilderness only returning to civilisation when he needed supplies or had little other choice. Eastmark proved to be a constant haunt of Eli and while the young man rarely stayed in one place he would often appear in the smaller towns and villages of the mark.

Background Archetype: Currently a combination of Hermit / Outlander / Urchin

Personality Trait: I often get lost in my own thoughts and contemplation, becoming oblivious to my surroundings. (Hermit)
Personality Trait: I see omens in every event and action. The spirits are trying to speak to us we just need to listen. (Acolyte)
Ideal: Aspiration I'm going to prove that I am worthy of a better life. (Urchin)
Bond: No one else should have to endure the hardships I've been through. (Urchin)
Flaw: I harbour dark bloodthirsty thoughts that my isolation failed to quell. (Hermit)

Contacts:

Lord Alfon Nordwin (of House Nordwin): Lord Alfon is the the head of house Nordwin a noble family in Caldaria that currently holds lands around the city of Taragus. Much of the land owned by House Nordwin is agricultural land and Lord Nordwin maintains a small army loyal to his family. Alfon is also the biological father of Eli. Alfon kept the birth of his son a secret due to his strange appearance and eventually disowned him and sent him away to work on a farm on the edge of Nordwin lands. Lord Alfon now acts as though Eli had never been born.
Lady Dalia Nordwin (of House Nordwin): Lady Dalia is the Wife of Lord Alfon Nordwin and Eli's biological mother. Though a little more reluctant Lady Dalia kept the birth of Eli secret and eventually agreed for the boy to be sent away.
Aral Ger: A young Caldarian priest from the small village of Prutt. Aral has taken pity on Eli on a number of occasions and has provided Eli with food or shelter for the night in the church or tended to his wounds.

Writing Sample:

Sample Posts:
Average Post Link 1
Average Post Link 2
Average Post Link 3

In Character Sample:

Last edited by Alatere; May 1st, 2022 at 04:38 AM.