DnD5e Chronicles of Jôrd: Troubled Lands - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 29th, 2022, 06:15 AM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8262
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Ok I think I have reached a point where I am close enough to done for my application to be considered complete.

I would welcome any feedback is there is still enough time for a review.
Old Apr 29th, 2022, 07:21 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1930
Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70
@Thorsten. Apologies for the delay, will happily recieve any feedback on Neran if you have the opportunity.
Old Apr 29th, 2022, 11:00 AM
Creature of the Deep

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11943
Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith
Woo woo, more dwarves!

I'll say Jahan's done, with the option to add a writing sample in the next few days.
Old Apr 29th, 2022, 11:33 AM
Confused and confounded

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32265
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneT View Post
I added a pic. I'm not certain about it though. It was tough to find one depicting KamenGur's odd mix of Wild Watcher and Positivity. And figure how far I could push the Watcher subtype. Advice is appreciated.
Nothing wrong with that pic. Looks awesome

Old Apr 29th, 2022, 11:37 AM
Confused and confounded

Tools
User Statistics
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
Also, there now is a working map of Eastmark. I might tweak it still, but at least we can now see the area we'll be playing in at the start of the game.

Old Apr 29th, 2022, 12:52 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16705
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Wow. I'm impressed, Thorsten. That looks fantastic.
Old Apr 29th, 2022, 05:41 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13344
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
I believe I’m done. Just had to add a Background
Old Apr 29th, 2022, 06:14 PM
Creature of the Deep

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11943
Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith
Old Apr 30th, 2022, 04:31 AM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8262
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Old Apr 30th, 2022, 05:27 AM
Aesthetic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21374
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
I couldn’t resist…

Adelbard of House Reyngaard
right-aligned image

Name: Adelbard of House Reyngaard

Gender Identity: Male

Race: Human (Solnian)

Class: Cleric (Order) [Imperial Following of Soln]

Description: Those that expect humility and meekness from those who serve the Divine would not find any in Adelbard. The man’s bearing is noble, more akin to a warrior than a man of the cloth. Having inherited his father’s impressive height, if little else, his presence is authoritative and commanding, like one would expect from a leader of men. His hair of medium length and full beard are of a warm chestnut brown color that distinguishes him from the mostly golden and fiery-haired people of Nederreyn, making him look more like his mother’s Beroulian kin, at least according to her. His eyes share this color as well and possess a hardness that suggests that they are not happy with the world they are required to look at.

No matter whether in holy vestments, simple cassock or armor, Adelbard eschews excessive decoration, while at the same time making sure that anything he wears is of the fine quality his station deserves. The only jewelry that can be found on his person is the holy amulet around his neck, the inscribed equilateral triangle inside the Divine’s sun disc marking him as a member of the Imperial Following of Soln, and the signet ring bearing the Reyngaard coat of arms, a white circular shield upon a field of blue and green.

Personality: Adelbard is nothing if not focused. Whether as a former heir apparent to the Solnian Duchy of Nederreyn, Knight of the White Shield or priest in the Imperial Following of Soln, his life has been one of expectations - those of his family, his tutors, the holy church, but most of all himself. He firmly believes that with the Divine’s grace each man and woman is born into their rightful place and given a specific calling, a task they are meant to bring to fruition. This is their duty and the way by which they may attain perfection in an imperfect and unjust world.

No matter how difficult his intended goal might be, Adelbard prides himself in always seeing it done. Physical and mental exertion do not scare him away from a given task, on the contrary they are the things by which his personal achievement is measured. Dedicated, hard-working and efficient, the man could have been an ideal steward or clerk, but his calling is loftier than just bringing order to a lord’s estate or a guild’s records. The Divine intends him to bring order to the world and Adelbard will do as bidden, little by little. And he will start at the place where he has been exiled to - Caldaria’s Eastmark.

Background Archetype: Noble (trueborn son of Lord Roethart Reyngaard, Duke of Nederreyn)

Personality Trait 1: Orderly - I cannot stand a disorderly appearance or behavior and will always attempt to do things the proper way.

Personality Trait 2: Honest - It is with lies that the Crow seeks to corrupt the world, thus I will never tell anything but the truth as I perceive it.

Ideal: Perfection - According to the story of the Creation the Divine made everything and everyone in the world flawed. This was deliberate, because They want us to strive in order to achieve perfection. It will be difficult, but I know this to be within my reach.

Bond: Birthright - The place of each man and woman is determined at birth by the Divine. My birthright is the Duchy of Nederreyn and it is my belief that the Divine‘s justice will prevail over man’s will and that I will eventually get what I am owed.

Flaw: Pride - Despite the obstacles others have set in my path, I have accomplished much. I have the admiration of the people of Nederreyn, the respect of my superiors in the Holy Church and the blessings of the Divine Themselves. Those who seek to belittle me will soon come to realize their grave mistake.

Running Dragons of a Broken World: An Age of Mortals 5e DnD campaign
Old Apr 30th, 2022, 09:10 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 284
Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One
Think I am done with my app and ready for feedback.
Old Apr 30th, 2022, 05:51 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1081
Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete
@Thorsten
With only a few days left until deadline, will there be a second round of feedback?
I haven't heard from you whether my application (Jaquin Almauld) needs any revision, or if my comments made in this post are acceptable.

Thank you.
Old May 1st, 2022, 03:32 AM
Confused and confounded

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Effete View Post
@Thorsten
With only a few days left until deadline, will there be a second round of feedback?
I haven't heard from you whether my application (Jaquin Almauld) needs any revision, or if my comments made in this post are acceptable.

Thank you.
I would have liked that, but I don't think that'll happen in the timeframe left. Instead I will probably do a second round with the chosen applicants to help fine tune things going into the game
Old May 1st, 2022, 03:52 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1081
Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete Effete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorsten View Post
I would have liked that, but I don't think that'll happen in the timeframe left. Instead I will probably do a second round with the chosen applicants to help fine tune things going into the game
That is very fair.
You have a fairly large roster already.
Old May 1st, 2022, 07:17 AM
Aesthetic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21374
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Oops, I forgot to mention that my application is complete!

Running Dragons of a Broken World: An Age of Mortals 5e DnD campaign