Other Cavern of the Chimera (Whitehack 3e) - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 19th, 2022, 05:20 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 775
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
Hi Inuvash,

Just want to keep momentum going for this cool opportunity.

I am pitching an enigmatic, hypnotic witch (who looks a bit like Cleopatra) for another fantasy-sandals game on this board right now. She's called Zafina. I feel like she would fit this setting well, too. I don't mind pitching her again for this game, but thought to make you aware of this. I would be happy to play her in both or either, if she gets picked, and depending on how the rest of the team is made up.

But, I thought to make a different character concept for this game. A kind of Celt scout/archer called Tiona. She would be a wild, warpainted forest-dweller, and an expert tracker. But this is not such a Tolkeinesque setting so I'm not sure if she would fit okay?

I don't want to spam multiple applications, and in the end would like to be flexible with what other people want to play... so I thought it would not hurt to just ask you which one you might prefer? :/

Sorry for the trouble.

Mitsy.
Old Apr 19th, 2022, 09:18 AM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6010
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255
@Mitsy: It's no trouble at all! I think either of those would be fine.

On Tolkien: I don't think all things northeast-European is necessarily out. The ancient world was pretty connected- and some of the earliest written accounts of the Celts was from Greek and Roman writers. I'm totally not against war-painted nature-loving folk at all. ^ -^
Old Apr 19th, 2022, 09:25 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 775
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuvash255 View Post
@Mitsy: It's no trouble at all! I think either of those would be fine.

On Tolkien: I don't think all things northeast-European is necessarily out. The ancient world was pretty connected- and some of the earliest written accounts of the Celts was from Greek and Roman writers. I'm totally not against war-painted nature-loving folk at all. ^ -^
Ha I knew you'd say that. Well, I'll have to make a decision then.

Let's go with the scout... (for now, unless some more scouts turn up, then I might switch to the witch)

CHARACTER CONCEPT

TIONA

Tiona is a Caellic scout and archer

The verdant, untamed Caellic lands lie to the north of Kleos, blanketed by great swathes of forest. The wild people here are considered savage by the Hoplites of Kleos, and they raid the farmers of bordering lands as more and more forests are claimed for agriculture. It is a clash of the old ways and the new. The Caels are hunter-gatherers, who revere the forests above all. Their deity is the Great Hunter, Sagittarius.

Tiona is a leader amongst her people, a hawk-eyed archer, stealthy warrior, and expert tracker. But when she was successfully ambushed and detained by the Kleosian legion led by [insert main team leader name], she was offered a choice: help them find the animal ravaging the farmlands to win back her freedom, or suffer the worst torments that the King’s jailors could think of.

Well, it was not really a choice. But the Caels are people who honour their word, and Tiona has given hers. She will help lead the team to the Chimera, for it threatens the forests as well as the farms.

Notes: I am not sure how magic-heavy this game will be. If needed, I am thinking Tiona’s version of magic is to create enchanted arrows, cut from a specific ancient tree during a sacred rite. Each arrow offers a special one-off effect, such as a “starburst” that temporarily blinds all in a target area, an arrow that splits into a “storm” of arrows for large numbers of opponents, and a “beastkiller” bodkin.
Old Apr 19th, 2022, 09:55 AM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255
Awesome! Thanks for the app!
Old Apr 19th, 2022, 12:42 PM
chief fiction officer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3136
morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha
Hiya! I’ve been lurking around here unsure about putting in an app but I think I’m going to go for it. I don’t have a character concept yet but I’ll think about it today and hopefully have something up later this afternoon.
Old Apr 20th, 2022, 08:42 AM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks for the interest morgantha! I can't wait to see what you come up with!
Old Apr 20th, 2022, 01:10 PM
Bane of 1st Lv Wizards

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2353
Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks
I still want to join. I don't have $10 to waste on a PDF right now. How soon would I need the rules, if I were to still apply?
Old Apr 20th, 2022, 03:14 PM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
@Seeks: While having the pdf would be very helpful, I'm thinking I can probably coach players through character creation and play. No rush.
Old Apr 20th, 2022, 08:20 PM
chief fiction officer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3136
morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha
Neferti
right-aligned image
Character Name: Neferti
Gender Identity: Female

Personality/Backstory: Neferti was a beautiful young woman, and she knew it. Her parents, knowing how offended the Gods were likely to get over the pride of mortals, pushed her to be studious and academic, rather than to rely on her physical appearance to find a marriageable partner. At first, this strategy worked. Wanting to please her parents (and not really understanding how precarious her behavior was), Neferti committed herself to learning the healing arts. She mostly kept to herself and her books, but soon found out that two of her classmates had fallen for her beauty.

Neferti pretended not to notice the two of them vying for her attention for some time, leading them on for her own pleasure until they decided to duel. However, the duel never took place, and on the night in question she was instead cursed by a God that she should remain beautiful, but no one would be able to look upon her.

On that night, she became a gorgon.

Neferti tried for some time to remain in school, but after turning a classmate to stone she was forced to remove herself. She took to the forest outside of town to learn how to control her new abilities, and maybe right the wrong she had done. She found another gorgon who trained her how to control her magics. Now, she returns to Kleos to earn her place back in society.

Party Role/Function: Healer/control. A combination of healing magic and illusion magic (example: illusory-based fear spells, showing someone their nightmares) and of course, a gaze that turns you to stone.

Last edited by morgantha; Apr 29th, 2022 at 04:39 PM.
Old Apr 21st, 2022, 06:13 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
Sfarog Sfarog
My application below:

Timotheos, the priest of Leo
name: Timotheos
race: Human (male)

Timotheos spend most of his life as a hermit, living in the secluded valley near the village of Patria. There, in solitude, he prayed to his god, tended to his humble wooden shed, the few animals in his possession and farmed on a small plot of land that kept him alive, seeking really nothing but frugal life and inner peace. The little contact he had with civilisation was from passing travellers or vagrants that kept him up to date with the course of the world in exchange for a night’s shelter and a simple meal.

It wasn’t always like this. Timotheos was born as a second son in a wealthy family in the city of Kleos, but was soon drawn to the world of the divine. When he was only twelve he took the opportunity and joined a temple of Leo in hopes of serving the common people. However the philosophical ideals of simple, honest life in balance with the world around him led him first to a failing with his family and eventually even with his own church which, in his eyes, spared no coin in building obscene temples, sacrificing lavish amounts of animals and rare materials and adorning robes of their priests with gold and silver. At the age of only seventeen he moved away from Kleos to Patria and eventually to the wilderness where he was happy, surrounded by work, prayer and fruits of his own labour; a life of an honest servant of gods.

Expecting to die in the valley where he spend so many years, his quiet life was cut short by a divine revelation, a calling as unexpected as it was sudden. Being nearly forty eight he released the animals that could take care of themselves, gave away the ones that couldn’t, sealed his home and embarked on what was a journey he would never expected – a journey back towards Kleos - equipped only by a sturdy wooden staff, a small leather bag with some food and the clothes on his back.

Last edited by Sfarog; Apr 27th, 2022 at 04:59 AM.
Old Apr 21st, 2022, 10:32 AM
relearning "downtime"

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50056
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Whitehack 3e added to thread title. Carry on.
Old Apr 21st, 2022, 12:12 PM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks Aethera!
Old Apr 21st, 2022, 12:27 PM
relearning "downtime"

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50056
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
You're welcome.
Old Apr 22nd, 2022, 02:45 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16705
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Application
right-aligned image

Character Name: Acastus
Species: Human
Gender Identity: Male

Background: Acastus was a Lokhagos, a captain, for the acropolis of Kleos. He had served with distinction since he was a boy, making a name for himself before earning the three silver starts that adorned the cloak he wore over his shoulder. He had never questioned an order until news came to him that the military of Kleos was to do nothing to drive off the chimera that had begun eating the livestock in the neighboring farms.

He was stunned when he heard that the high priest had determined that the beast was a good omen. How much of a good omen would it be when the creature decided it grew tired of animals and went after a child.

When he failed to show for muster in the morning, two of his men were sent to his home to determine what had delayed him. Instead, they found his captain's cloak folded neatly upon his bed, though his weapons and armor were missing.

Character Concept: Acastus is a front-line fighter and tactician. He has been formally trained since a child in the use of shield, spear, and sword, and can move deftly between ranged and melee combat, and offense and defense. He has devoted his entire life to protecting the people of Kleos, and is not about to stop now.
Old Apr 25th, 2022, 03:35 PM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks for the application Silent Rain!

I'm going to set the deadline for apps at the end of the day on 4/30.