PF-1e Wrath of the Righteous: Paths of Ascent - Page 10 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old May 4th, 2022, 05:56 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5067
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
My Character's Tumor Familiar gains Fast Healing 5 when attached to it's Master. If my Character added it to his Vitalist Collective, would he be able to redirect that Healing to others, or is that too OP at low levels?

Also, if there are no issues with my Application, it is complete.
Old May 4th, 2022, 07:10 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 79779
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Well, I've redone my build 4 times now.

It's been...interesting.
Old May 4th, 2022, 07:19 PM
Psalm 144

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4816
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
It has been a learning experience for me too. A lot to learn about Spheres, Mythic Levels, and Legendary Items. I am really hoping I get a chance to use everything I am learning. But if nothing else, it has been a fun exercise to build a character for the Wrath of the Righteous campaign.

Old May 4th, 2022, 07:53 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7487
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Dirk View Post

It's been...interesting.
I think I will need to scrap my original idea and start from scratch. I think she will be following trickster path eventually.
Old May 5th, 2022, 01:10 AM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11752
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Mechanics finished up for Merriweather and should finish up/make his RP sample tomorrow assuming nothing wild happens. Mattering on what actually happens in the game the build may change but all the keystones are going to remain the same.

Last edited by MundayKnight; May 5th, 2022 at 01:11 AM.
Old May 5th, 2022, 01:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5202
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
A clarification about taking oracle curses as drawbacks. (Not as an Oracle taking a curse.) I did not describe my intent correctly. Here is revised language:

Quote:
You gain the negative effects of an oracle curse you do not already have, but not the positive effects. This curse does not change as you level.
In particular, the curse as a drawback is really completely a drawback. In particular it does not give you a benefit from of say a Bite attack from the Hunger curse. It just gives you the penalty -- you are always sickened in combat until you bite someone. (If you take this, you'd better get a bite attack from another source or live with a permanent penalty.)

Sorry if I miscommunicated this, but if you were looking for a benefit from Oracle's Curse taken to gain a bonus feat, please reconsider whether you want to change that part of a build.

@Mundayknight, @dbaque -- I believe this may matter to your builds.

Last edited by CatCanCook; May 5th, 2022 at 01:39 AM.
Old May 5th, 2022, 01:50 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19263
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Oh, the way it works as a drawback is what I understood; I just thought the downside to hunger was only the inability to benefit from magic consumables. That initial penalty in combat, though ... probably not worth the extra 3sp over 20 levels.

As far as the bite attack, dragon transformation already comes with one, so that part is fine.
Old May 5th, 2022, 02:04 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
MundayKnight -

Show the calculation of total HD of animals he can train

When an animal is trained and is traveling with him (the purchased bee hive) - include in the animal description the effect of all modifiers (bonus HDs you've granted it. Include what tricks have been trained into the swarm.

Reminder: while characters can have multiple companions of various sorts, they can only adventure with one at a time. I think your intent is to go about with one powerful swarm, but keep in mind that you shouldn't try to set out in a chapter with multiples (even if the character is mechanically allowed to.) Temporary summons effects are OK for you to summon occur alongside the one companion, as long as they are short term. Remember in the rules I banned having companions that have companions or companions that summon.

For any swarm you take I will ignore "Immune weapon damage". Half of monsters primarily do weapon damage and for play balance you don't get to automatically win half of all encounters by sending in the swarm.

I am not reviewing later advancement at this time.

Otherwise, Merriweather looks good. He will compete for a healer slot and with his swarm for a melee slot.

Last edited by CatCanCook; May 5th, 2022 at 02:06 AM.
Old May 5th, 2022, 02:11 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Rictur --

So you've expressed intent to rewrite. That's up to you. I'll note that you are temporarily withdrawn until you come back with an application and ask me to review it.

Commentary:

You didn't build a Spheres character, and characters using Spheres are effectively like 1-2 levels above those who don't use Spheres.

I was intended in making some compensating advantages toward non-Spheres characters, but I was going to do that only after accepting an initial party.
Old May 5th, 2022, 02:13 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8186
Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile
Sorry if I missed it somewhere in your initial post, but what year does this take place in?

Also, having decided to take the Form of Power and Native-Born mythic boons and reading over the opening scene again, does that mean the transformation only took place after the incident at Clydwell Plaza?

Last edited by Crocodile; May 5th, 2022 at 02:23 AM.
Old May 5th, 2022, 02:16 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Dirk View Post

It's been...interesting.
and

Quote:
It has been a learning experience for me too. A lot to learn about Spheres, Mythic Levels, and Legendary Items. I am really hoping I get a chance to use everything I am learning. But if nothing else, it has been a fun exercise to build a character for the Wrath of the Righteous campaign.

Well -- I hope you enjoy the exercise more than agonize through it!

With some players choosing to build out a sketch of a full 20 levels of advancement, this character construction is itself like a mini-campaign.

While I won't be able to accept all the fine (and very effortful) characters into the game, I will come back to each person who gets declined with some opportunity to backfill if the game needs it.
Old May 5th, 2022, 02:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
triedtherest -

Quote:
My Character's Tumor Familiar gains Fast Healing 5 when attached to it's Master. If my Character added it to his Vitalist Collective, would he be able to redirect that Healing to others, or is that too OP at low levels?

Also, if there are no issues with my Application, it is complete.
Its fast healing will cap at 100% per your level of its hit points, per day. So you can use this to dole out a meaningfully amount of healing. Sound reasonable?

Last edited by CatCanCook; May 5th, 2022 at 02:37 AM.
Old May 5th, 2022, 02:45 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Sorry if I missed it somewhere in your initial post, but what year does this take place in??
The date is: 4712/08/16

4606/07 - Iz Falls, Worldwound Opens
Metaphysical / Paranormal event
In the Autumn of AR 4606, Iz explodes and the Worldwound reveals itself. It is an opening to the endless Abyssal realms of the Demons.

4609/04 - Storasta Is Razed To The Ground
Disaster / Destruction
Storasta, the last city of the Kingdom of Sarkoris, is razed to the ground, ending the 937 year reign of the Kingdom.

4622/06 To 4630/06 - First Mendevian Crusade
Military action
The First Mendevian Crusade begins to avenge the Kingdom of Sarkoris.

4628 - Drezen Is Founded
Founding
Drezen was founded as a forward base to pierce into the demon-controlled territory, the war-hardened city of Drezen was engineered by talented dwarven crusaders.

4629 - The Lost Chapel Was Founded
Founding
A year after Drezen was founded, and a year before the First Mendevian Crusade ended, several crusading paladins and priests built a number of chapels in the lands surrounding the new fortress city. A chapel to Iomedae was founded.

4637/07 - Aponavicius Begins Attacks On Drezen
Military action
Aponavicius leads the forces of demons to try to take Drezen. This dashes the hopes of Staunton Vhane to try to find the Sky Citadel in the Worldwound.

4638 To 4645 - Second Mendevian Crusade
Military action
The second Mendevian crusade begins, which ends up constructing the Wardstones, but loses Drezen.

4638/10 - Construction On The Kenabres Wardstone Begins
Civil action
With the assistance of the Herald of Iomedae, construction of the first Wardstone begins at Kenabres in secret.

4638/11/12 - Staunton Vhane Unsuccessfully Convinces The Commanders To Move The Sword Of Valor
Life, Failure / Mishap
Staunton Vhane unsuccessfully convinces the leaders of Drezen to bring the Sword of Valor out to Jerribeth. Staunton begins plotting to bring the Sword of Valor out to Jerribeth.

4638/11/13 - Staunton Vhane Brings Jerribeth The Sword Of Valor
Life, Crime
Staunton Vhane successfully steals the Sword of Valor and brings it to Jerribeth, who then takes the Sword of Valor and attacks the Citadel of Drezen.

4638/11/15 - Drezen Falls
Disaster / Destruction
Thanks to the Sword of Valor, and the lacking supplies, the defenders of Drezen fall quickly to the onslaught of the hordes of Demons, and the Mendevian Crusaders abandon the city, retreating to Kenabres.

4639/06 - The Kenebres Wardstone Is Completed
Construction beginning/end
The Kenabres Wardstone is constructed, creating a bastion against the hordes of the demons. Construction begins on multiple fortresses to house Wardstones around the Worldwound.

4644/08 - The Worldwound Wardstone Chain Is Completed
Construction beginning/end
A number of fortresses, each housing a Wardstone are completed over a period of 5 years, and, finally the network of Wardstones are completed, enclosing the Worldwound in a bubble that prevents the demons from venturing into the rest of Golarion.

4665 To 4668 - Third Mendevian Crusade
Military action
The Third Mendevian Crusade began with lots of corruption. Witch hunts were made, and the crusade quickly ended after three years.

4692 To 4707 - Fourth Mendevian Crusade
Military action
A powerful balor, Khorramzadeh, the Storm King, becomes the leader of the attacking force of the demons. He is able to damage the Wardstone at the Keep in Kenabres. However, he is grievously wounded by Terendelev, the Ancient Silver Dragon, and is driven back into the Worldwound to recover.

Last edited by CatCanCook; May 5th, 2022 at 02:46 AM.
Old May 5th, 2022, 02:56 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
MundayKnight

Quote:
Would you allow a ground wasp swarm to be purchased and how much would it cost? Closest to bee swarm that Pathfinder provides so figure easy pallet swap.
Yes, but as posted elsewhere, nerfed by removing the immunity to weapon damage.

I couldn't find a comparable.

Assume 50 gp and 20 lbs of equipment you'll carry around to support a hive. Once you get extradimensional abilties, the weight goes away.

Assume 150gp more for acquisition, growing, training.

(It is an exotic purchase, and most people with a swarm would just spend the rest of their careers supplying mead halls and bakers.)

Net 200gp and its like buying a heavy warhorse. At later levels, replacing the swarm if it is destroyed will cost an amount that is increasingly insignificant but it would cost time between chapters.
Old May 5th, 2022, 02:59 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Crocodile -

Quote:
Also, having decided to take the Form of Power and Native-Born mythic boons and reading over the opening scene again, does that mean the transformation only took place after the incident at Clydwell Plaza?
The way I wrote the intro, I am encouraging players to describe their mythic transformation as something that just got triggered. That way we get to see some interesting stuff play out live in the opening several scenes...

But I'm flexible about this. If a mythic transformation has to happen earlier for your character concept to work, then that's allowed.

For example, the player coming in with a dragon (dbaque with Lunigen) could have been born that way.